Sunday Sabbath keeping!< Versus> Gods Original Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is of no avail to observe the Sabbath, what you call the shadowy Sabbath, then what is the problem? Christians observe the first day of the week. If some want to call it a Christian Sabbath, so what? You already said it is of no avail to keep the shadowy Sabbath.

Of course we can assemble and worship when we want. The Sabbath is the seventh day. Saturday. The first day of the week is Sunday. Because some like to call it the Christian Sabbath, what does it matter? It is a day set apart for the worship of God and Christ.

Stranger

Because you are NOT permitted to CHANGE the Sabbath. Why do you suppose that even the man of lawlessness is charged with changing appointed times and commands in the Law of God?

He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:25 [NIV])

You may observe or not observe, but you may NOT change the appointed time to observe the Sabbath. You cannot say, "I will observe the Sabbath on Tuesday", because if you do, you are sinning, even though you were at liberty not to observe it, because you are committing an entirely new sin of CHANGING the Sabbath. Understand.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you are NOT permitted to CHANGE the Sabbath. Why do you suppose that even the man of lawlessness is charged with changing appointed times and commands in the Law of God?

He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:25 [NIV])

You may observe or not observe, but you may NOT change the appointed time to observe the Sabbath. You cannot say, "I will observe the Sabbath on Tuesday", because if you do, you are sinning, even though you were at liberty not to observe it, because you are committing an entirely new sin of CHANGING the Sabbath. Understand.

Yes the holy people who are of the synagogue of Satan will be delivered into his hands. Yet they observe the Sabbath. Lot of good it will do them.

No one is changing the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the 7th day, Saturday. The first day of the week is Sunday. We worship God and Christ corporately on Sunday. Because that is when Jesus Christ rose from the dead. If you don't like me calling it the Christian Sabbath, tough. I will call it what I want. It is our day to worship God and Christ. The Jews were unfaithful to God though they called the Sabbath, the Sabbath. As always, they strain at a gnat and swallow a boulder.

Stranger

Reactions: DicipleofJesus

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the holy people who are of the synagogue of Satan will be delivered into his hands. Yet they observe the Sabbath. Lot of good it will do them.

No one is changing the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the 7th day, Saturday. The first day of the week is Sunday. We worship God and Christ corporately on Sunday. Because that is when Jesus Christ rose from the dead. If you don't like me calling it the Christian Sabbath, tough. I will call it what I want. It is our day to worship God and Christ. The Jews were unfaithful to God though they called the Sabbath, the Sabbath. As always, they strain at a gnat and swallow a boulder.

Stranger

Then call it whatever you want. It's not my soul that's at stake for making other days into Sabbath days in transgression of the Law of the Lord. Not only is a man justified by his own words, but also condemned by them.

Reactions: Truth

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then call it whatever you want. It's not my soul that's at stake for making other days into Sabbath days in transgression of the Law of the Lord. Not only is a man justified by his own words, but also condemned by them.

Thanks, I will. I call it the first day of the week. I have no problem if anyone calls it the Christian Sabbath.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ is our rest, in Him we rest from"our" works everyday. We need to keep the Sabbath, Why?????

Lev 24:8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

Teh Sabbath is a covenant between Israel and God, it is not ours, and adds not a single dot to ones salvation, not one...

You cant impress God, so stop trying.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is our rest, in Him we rest from"our" works everyday. We need to keep the Sabbath, Why?????

Lev 24:8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

Teh Sabbath is a covenant between Israel and God, it is not ours, and adds not a single dot to ones salvation, not one...

You cant impress God, so stop trying.

You clearly have no understanding of the appointed times. We are not called to rest, we are called to labor. How do we labor? By doing good works, giving money to the poor, feeding the hungry, giving water to the thirsty. If you are sitting on your sofa at home while people outside are in need and hungry, because "oh in Christ we have rest", then clearly you have no understanding of the gospel,

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (John 15:16 [ESV])

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 [ESV])

It is at the second coming of Jesus Christ, when the master returns, that you will then have rest from your labor of service,

Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." (Revelation 14:13 [NIV])

Reactions: Truth and KBCid

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You clearly have no understanding of the appointed times. We are not called to rest, we are called to labor. How do we labor? By doing good works, giving money to the poor, feeding the hungry, giving water to the thirsty. If you are sitting on your sofa at home while people outside are in need and hungry, because "oh in Christ we have rest", then clearly you have no understanding of the gospel,
I guess I dont

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So many christians running around doing works, expecting some big reward. just in case "grace by faith" fails them,

Have you not read

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

These thing we do because of who we are not to prove who we are. When one does anything out of anything but love, it serves no point, it becoles all the flesh. I must be seeing to be doing. Jesus never did anything outside of what was expected of Him

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

God isnt interested in our works, only that we allow Him to work through us. There is no glory in this for us, when it is our works we steal His glory, again

Joh_6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh_6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

SO ill do as He said, and believe Him , and let Him manifest His works through me, if He so choose, what am I but an unprofitable servant.

TO God be all the Glory, not men...

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I dont

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So many christians running around doing works, expecting some big reward. just in case "grace by faith" fails them,

Have you not read

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

These thing we do because of who we are not to prove who we are. When one does anything out of anything but love, it serves no point, it becoles all the flesh. I must be seeing to be doing. Jesus never did anything outside of what was expected of Him

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

God isnt interested in our works, only that we allow Him to work through us. There is no glory in this for us, when it is our works we steal His glory, again

Joh_6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh_6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

SO ill do as He said, and believe Him , and let Him manifest His works through me, if He so choose, what am I but an unprofitable servant.

TO God be all the Glory, not men...

God isn't interested in our works? See, I told you that you have no understanding of the gospel,

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21 [ESV])

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (Matthew 7:19 [ESV])

“‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. (Ezekiel 16:49-50 [NIV])

Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot endure; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hates: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary of bearing them. And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make yourself clean; put away the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. (Isaiah 1:13-17 [NLT])

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Matthew 19:21 [NIV])

When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:22 [NLT])

Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Mark 10:21 [NLT])

Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. (Luke 12:33 [NIV])

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
(Luke 19:8-9 [NIV])

They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. (Acts 2:45 [NLT])

that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. (Acts 4:34-35 [NIV])

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. (Ephesians 4:28 [ESV])

Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. (Matthew 3:8 [ESV])

Instead, I preached to those in Damascus first, and to those in Jerusalem and in all the region of Judea, and to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works worthy of repentance. (Acts 26:20 [HCSB])

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (John 15:16 [ESV])

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8 [ESV])

Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. (2 Timothy 2:21 [ESV])

that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:17 [ESV])

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, (Titus 3:1 [ESV])

having good behavior among the nations, so in that of which they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they see, glorify God in the day of visitation. (1 Peter 2:12 [NHEB])

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 [ESV])

and having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work. (1 Timothy 5:10 [ESV])

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9 [ESV])

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. (Revelation 2:5 [ESV])

If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. (Leviticus 25:35 [ESV])

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18 [ESV])

and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your gifts to the poor have been remembered before God. (Acts 10:31 [BSB])

Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn... (Isaiah 58:6-9 [ESV])

...Therefore, O king, may my advice be pleasing to you: break away now from your sins by doing righteousness and from your iniquities by showing mercy to the poor, in case there may be a prolonging of your prosperity.’ (Daniel 4:24-27 [NASB])

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. (James 4:17 [NIV])

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye pay tithes of mint and anise and cummin, and ye have left aside the weightier matters of the law, judgment and mercy and faith: these ye ought to have done and not have left those aside. (Matthew 23:23 [DBT])

AND THERE ARE MORE SCRIPTURES ABOUT THE OBGLIGATION OF THE ELECT TO DO GOOD WORKS. IF FOR ONE MOMENT YOU THINK THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO BEAR GOOD FRUIT, YOU ARE IN GREAT ERROR YOU FOOLISH MAN.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm Christ was raised on the third day

1 cor 15:3 ...how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
Some people have the erroneous belief that this third day fell on the first day of the week but, to properly understand what day it was one needs to know first what a God defined day is and then grasp the scripture that defined what day of the week was described.

Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 2And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. 3His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: 4And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 5And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.

A God defined day begins at evening and ends at evening.
When they arrived at the tomb they were told that Christ had already been resurrected prior to their arrival. There is no where that it says that he rose on the first day of the week. It simply says that as the day was dawning toward the first day that the resurrection had already occurred thus, for it to have already occurred would place the time of rising during the end of the Sabbath day.

The seventh day Sabbath holds double meaning for the men existing after Christ. By honoring God on that day we honor the creator of the heavens and the earth and we would also be honoring the savior of the faithful who showed that it is good to do good on the Sabbath that he is lord of.

Thank You!! Our Savior gave the leaders one Sign and one Sign only!! the Sign of the Prophet Jonah, that He would be in the belly of the earth for 3 days. Can we count to 1? Can we count to 3? And Thank You again, Sundown begins the next Day!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm Christ was raised on the third day

1 cor 15:3 ...how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
Some people have the erroneous belief that this third day fell on the first day of the week but, to properly understand what day it was one needs to know first what a God defined day is and then grasp the scripture that defined what day of the week was described.

Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 2And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. 3His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: 4And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 5And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.

A God defined day begins at evening and ends at evening.
When they arrived at the tomb they were told that Christ had already been resurrected prior to their arrival. There is no where that it says that he rose on the first day of the week. It simply says that as the day was dawning toward the first day that the resurrection had already occurred thus, for it to have already occurred would place the time of rising during the end of the Sabbath day.

The seventh day Sabbath holds double meaning for the men existing after Christ. By honoring God on that day we honor the creator of the heavens and the earth and we would also be honoring the savior of the faithful who showed that it is good to do good on the Sabbath that he is lord of.

Leviticus 15:27-29 KJV
[27] And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. [28] But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. [29] And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

There is no need to change the Sabbath. One may choose to observe the Sabbath day on the day of his or her choosing. Or is Collosians 2: 16 not in your Bible? No Believer who believes in Jesus is obliged to observe the Sabbath on Sunday, nor ought we allow others to judge us for observing the Sabbath on a Tuesday or Wed essay, for example. Something Greater then the Sabbath has come. Jesus has co.e and saved Me, anyways from my sins

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why in this information age, are most Christians keeping Sunday? The information is available at the touch of a mouse. The Sabbath was changed by a Roman Emperor, He passed a Law that no one would any longer keep any of the Jewish Feasts or their Sabbaths. We will keep the First Day of the week,Sunday, and if you disobeyed this Law you were Executed. Constantine was a worshiper of Sol Invictus Mithra, The Sun God!! Thus Sun-Day! By keeping Sun-Day we are obeying a Roman Emperor. Not the Fourth Commandment,or God, Or our Savior. In Matthew 19: 16-17 Yeshua is approached by a young man that says- ver 16- Good teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life? 17- Yeshua says to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into Life, Keep the Commandments" verses 18-19 Yeshua gives a overview of the 10 Commandments.
Council Of Laodica, Canon 29 - Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, BUT MUST WORK on that Day honoring rather the lords day by resting, if possible,as Christians, However, if any shall be found Judaizing, let them be shut out from Christ???
A Law changes the Sabbath, and then we are ordered to work on that day, which God said that thou shall do no work on the Sabbath, 6 days shall you work and on the 7th day you shall rest!
Jesus was talking to old covanant believers what else would He say.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no need to change the Sabbath. One may choose to observe the Sabbath day on the day of his or her choosing. Or is Collosians 2: 16 not in your Bible? No Believer who believes in Jesus is obliged to observe the Sabbath on Sunday, nor ought we allow others to judge us for observing the Sabbath on a Tuesday or Wed essay, for example. Something Greater then the Sabbath has come. Jesus has co.e and saved Me, anyways from my sins

Here we go again, another one who thinks observing the Sabbath on a Tuesday, which is commanded to be observed on Saturday, is not changing the Sabbath. Colossians 2:16 wasn't stated to give you authority to change the Sabbath, it was given so that you may know that you are at liberty to observe or not observe the divinely appointed day of the Sabbath, which is Saturday. If you want to not work on a Tuesday, then sure, do that, but don't say, "I am observing the Lord's Sabbath on Tuesday". It would be like saying, I am going to observe the Passover January 1st, or I am going to observe the festival of trumpets on the July 4th. You are not permitted to do this, to change set times of the set Law, and for you to even think that you can just change set times in the Law shows complete ignorance and irreverence for the commands of God. It would be like me telling you, you are to count and balance the cash register in the cash register every Friday at the end of the week, but you disregard my instruction and count and balance the cash on Mondays! In regards to the Sabbath, you have either of these options:

1. You can either observe the actual "weekly Sabbath", which is on Saturday, or you cannot. If you do observe it, you must observe it as mandated by the Torah, no work. No picking up sticks, no driving your car, no pumping gas in your car, etc. Work is forbidden.
2. And the reason you are at liberty to observe it or not observe it is not because the Sabbath has been discarded, but because all who are chosen will fulfill the mandate of the Law to observe Sabbath by entering into the "millennial Sabbath". Whoever enters this rest, fulfills the mandate of Sabbath rest. This is why it doesn't matter if you observe the weekly Sabbath or not, it was merely a shadow of the true Sabbath, the thousand year rest to come. The seventh day of the week corresponds with the last thousand years of the total 7,000 years appointed for this heaven and earth to exist. However, just because you are at liberty to observe, or not observe, doesn't mean you can change the original command, and observe it whenever you want. Now you've entered into sin, overstepping the bounds of the freedom of the new covenant.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you believe that the day for observi ng the sabbath is Saturday. I have no problem with that. There are a lot of wonderful Born Again Christians of the Seventh Day Adventist denomination
There is no need to changeling
Here we go again, another one who thinks observing the Sabbath on a Tuesday, which is commanded to be observed on Saturday, is not changing the Sabbath. Colossians 2:16 wasn't stated to give you authority to change the Sabbath, it was given so that you may know that you are at liberty to observe or not observe the divinely appointed day of the Sabbath, which is Saturday. If you want to not work on a Tuesday, then sure, do that, but don't say, "I am observing the Lord's Sabbath on Tuesday". It would be like saying, I am going to observe the Passover January 1st, or I am going to observe the festival of trumpets on the July 4th. You are not permitted to do this, to change set times of the set Law, and for you to even think that you can just change set times in the Law shows complete ignorance and irreverence for the commands of God. It would be like me telling you, you are to count and balance the cash register in the cash register every Friday at the end of the week, but you disregard my instruction and count and balance the cash on Mondays! In regards to the Sabbath, you have either of these options:

1. You can either observe the actual "weekly Sabbath", which is on Saturday, or you cannot. If you do observe it, you must observe it as mandated by the Torah, no work. No picking up sticks, no driving your car, no pumping gas in your car, etc. Work is forbidden.
2. And the reason you are at liberty to observe it or not observe it is not because the Sabbath has been discarded, but because all who are chosen will fulfill the mandate of the Law to observe Sabbath by entering into the "millennial Sabbath". Whoever enters this rest, fulfills the mandate of Sabbath rest. This is why it doesn't matter if you observe the weekly Sabbath or not, it was merely a shadow of the true Sabbath, the thousand year rest to come. The seventh day of the week corresponds with the last thousand years of the total 7,000 years appointed for this heaven and earth to exist. However, just because you are at liberty to observe, or not observe, doesn't mean you can change the original command, and observe it whenever you want. Now you've entered into sin, overstepping the bounds of the freedom of the new covenant.

the Sabbath. One may choose to observe the Sabbath day on the day of his or her choosing. Or is Collosians 2: 16 not in your Bible? No Believer who believes in Jesus is obliged to observe the Sabbath on Sunday, nor ought we allow others to judge us for observing the Sabbath on a Tuesday or Wed essay, for example. Something Greater then the Sabbath has come. Jesus has co.e and saved Me, anyways from my sins
Jesus has come. Has he saved you from your sins?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a common belief that the RCC changed the worship service from the seventh day to the first day of the week. THAT IS NOT TRUE! God Himself changed the date.

It cannot be seen in the English Bible translations and why God allowed the mistranslation is beyond me. Perhaps to foster unbelief?

Matthew 28:1 reads
“In the end of the Sabbaths, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week...”

The word Sabbath in the Greek is the plural word “sabaton” and the word “week” is also the identical plural Greek word “sabaton.” The word “week” is a singular as opposed to the plural Greek word :sabaton.” These can be proven by checking the Greek. One does not have to be a Greek scholar to see the mistake in translation.

Anytime we see an italicized word in the KJV, as in the word “day” the translators are warning the reader that that word is not in the original manuscripts.

The phrase “in the end of the Sabbaths mean: an era of Sabbaths (Seventh Day) is coming to an end. The phrase “as it began to dawn toward the first of the Sabbaths mean: a new era of Sabbaths, (Sunday Sabbaths), “in which the first of many Sabbaths is coming.

Note: even in death God rested on the Seventh Day Sabbath as He lay in the tomb.

Let us now put together the first half of Matthew 28:1 and see how it should read: “In the end of the Sabbaths, as it began to dawn toward the first of the Sabbaths...” (underlined words for emphasis). As we can see now the first part of the passage makes sense.

The nature of the Seventh Day Sabbath was not to do any kind of work. By contrast, the Sunday Sabbath is to do work. Spiritual work, that is. As God declared in Isaiah 58:13-14!

The work we are to do are: study the Bible, write letters to love ones about the Gospel, visit hospitals or prisons to share Gospel, attend service at church, and so forth.

Some Christians go to ball games, picnics, movies, or play sports on Sundays and these activities are against Isaiah 58:13-14.

There are many more to declare concerning the Sunday Sabbath specially together with salvation, but the above should suffice for now.

I pray this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
And the reason you are at liberty to observe it or not observe it is not because the Sabbath has been discarded, but because all who are chosen will fulfill the mandate of the Law to observe Sabbath by entering into the "millennial Sabbath". Whoever enters this rest, fulfills the mandate of Sabbath rest. This is why it doesn't matter if you observe the weekly Sabbath or not

And there it is, the clear admission by your own words. You clearly teach that "it doesn't matter".

Reactions: Truth and KBCid

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was talking to old covanant believers what else would He say.

Yes He was talking to mostly Jews, who at the time were no longer keeping what Moses taught, but following what the Pharisees were teaching! They had for about 300 years, been teaching what we now call Orthodox Judaism, which is a false teaching! Not of God! also there were many that were turning to Jesus, and the Faith! And they as well heard what was said!

Reactions: KBCid

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You!! Our Savior gave the leaders one Sign and one Sign only!! the Sign of the Prophet Jonah, that He would be in the belly of the earth for 3 days. Can we count to 1? Can we count to 3? And Thank You again, Sundown begins the next Day!

Yes indeed he did...
And being able to decipher how a week unfolds with a high holy day Sabbath in its midst from a weekly seventh day Sabbath also tends to help the calculations.

Reactions: Truth