Surely I'm a Wacko!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...I was just accused by a Mod on another forum of "new age" "mystic" "nonsense." To which I responded, saying, "You are not allowing or imagining what surely must have come across the same way when Jesus said "You must be born again" and "You must eat of My flesh and drink of My blood." ...And then I was permanently banned from the sight.

Crazy talk, right?

You would think that by now, "crazy" would be a sign of authenticity...or at least no indication of actual crazy, and just maybe...from God - because that has been the track record.

I mean, Noah as crazy, right? And Abraham...and Moses...and all the prophets, right? And then, of course, Jesus and the apostles who were for the most part killed for would-be "crazy talk."

Perhaps I should take it as a compliment. But then again...whose the real loser when the majority of people think that something is crazy, that's not?

Are we really going to repeat the mistakes of history again?

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA
We are supposed to live by faith, but when we actually do and want to share our vision of the things of God with some others, it will often get us into trouble, will it not? Some there [and certainly here as well] have decided what a Christian and what a Christian is not. If a person, you or me or the other guy, won't fit into their box, they may want to put us out. Perhaps however ultimately that is the best thing.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and ScottA

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So...I was just accused by a Mod on another forum of "new age" "mystic" "nonsense." To which I responded, saying, "You are not allowing or imagining what surely must have come across the same way when Jesus said "You must be born again" and "You must eat of My flesh and drink of My blood." ...And then I was permanently banned from the sight.

Crazy talk, right?

You would think that by now, "crazy" would be a sign of authenticity...or at least no indication of actual crazy, and just maybe...from God - because that has been the track record.

I mean, Noah as crazy, right? And Abraham...and Moses...and all the prophets, right? And then, of course, Jesus and the apostles who were for the most part killed for would-be "crazy talk."

Perhaps I should take it as a compliment. But then again...whose the real loser when the majority of people think that something is crazy, that's not?

We know that the two will always fight each other...the man of flesh will always persecute the man of the Spirit. :)
And we bump into that on and off forums!
I enjoy your posts, they make me think.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Crazy talk, right?

Some sites are very strict. I'm not sure why.
I believe we're all entitled to what we believe --- no one can force us to believe any differently than we do. I may have a different belief system than you do, but you're entitled to your beliefs. I don't use the word "opinion" because I hope that at least your belief is based on the bible somehow -- even if it's not correct. And when I say correct, I mean what is accepted by mainline Christianity NOT what I think.

I'm not very familiar with your beliefs. I tend not to argue points. I say what I want to say and then pretty much disappear. Except if it's about Calvinist beliefs.
Then I could go on for a few pages, but I eventually get tired of that too.

We're all still brothers in the Lord. That's how I understand it.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find so offensive to many so-called Christians, is any talk of what God really is as opposed to what man really is. For this same reason Israel was guilty of killing the prophets and crucifying Christ. I mean, God is spirit, and we should aspire to rise up to be One with Him - this is the prayer of Christ. But most have a death grip on the world as we know it, and want to fit God into their love for all that is fallen, rather than welcoming His rescue from it.

It is as if most hear of the spiritual nature of God and His plans to raise us up to be with and as Him, and then say, "Sure, sign me up." But then it is like they ordered a meal, take one bite, then they proceed to pick over it for the rest of their life while bad-mouthing every little morsel, tuning out the truth with glazed over eyes and stopped ears, never to taste of it again. And this they do while thinking they are going to heaven. Why would one think they are going to heaven, when they are heading the opposite way, not believing the truth of the Spirit?

Nonetheless, God is good, and has and will safeguard the victims of false teaching. But those who lead others astray...we know what is promised of their fate:

Matthew 18:6
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believes in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA
We are supposed to live by faith, but when we actually do and want to share our vision of the things of God with some others, it will often get into trouble, will it not? Some there [and certainly here as well] have decided what a Christian and what a Christian is not. If a person, you or me or the other guy, won't fit into their box, they may want to put us out. Perhaps however ultimately that is the best thing.

Give God the glory!
That's correct, remember what the Lord said, Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues"

Luke 21:12 "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

but the GOOD NEWS,

Revelation 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

PCY

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What I find so offensive to many so-called Christians, is any talk of what God really is as opposed to what man really is. For this same reason Israel was guilty of killing the prophets and crucifying Christ. I mean, God is spirit, and we should aspire to rise up to be One with Him - this is the prayer of Christ. But most have a death grip on the world as we know it, and want to fit God into their love for all that is fallen, rather than welcoming His rescue from it.

It is as if most hear of the spiritual nature of God and His plans to raise us up to be with and as Him, and then say, "Sure, sign me up." But then it is like they ordered a meal, take one bite, then they proceed to pick over it for the rest of their life while bad-mouthing every little morsel, tuning out the truth with glazed over eyes and stopped ears, never to taste of it again. And this they do while thinking they are going to heaven. Why would one think they are going to heaven, when they are heading the opposite way, not believing the truth of the Spirit?

Nonetheless, God is good, and has and will safeguard the victims of false teaching. But those who lead others astray...we know what is promised of their fate:

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believes in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Such a good analogy. Reminds me of a dream I had once where my church was selling plastic wrapped packages of desserts. People would pick at the contents and throw away what they didn't want.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Luke 14:25-31
Counting The Cost before we set out to be disciples:

Discipleship Tested

25Now large crowds were going along with Him; and He turned and said to them, 26“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
27“Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
28For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?
29“Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who observe it begin to ridicule him,
30saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’
31Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the point is history and the word of God have many examples of men refusing to "take also from the tree of life and live forever--"...except within the limits of the flesh. So Israel killed those who were sent to her, and even Christ.

If we take into account that God is spirit, and that Jesus, who is our Savior prayed that we should be One with Him and the Father in that same spirit, then said "follow Me" as He entered into that spiritual glory of God before many witnesses - the fact that the future for anyone who wants a future...is to be spiritual, just as God is spirit. This, by now should be clear.

But many still respond with "You are over spiritualizing"...as if that was a bad thing and not the very nature of God, whom we should aspire to be with and like.

But we, we who welcome God in spirit, should not make the same mistakes as our forefathers. We should, in our surrender to His rescue efforts, take His hand gladly, and say, "Father, thank you for allowing me to taste both the knowledge of good and evil, as well as the tree of life - whom is Christ. As long as I am in the world, I will do my best to do the work of Christ as His body. But, Father, while this I gladly endure, I do more gladly welcome and look for the day when I can fully join you in spirit - for I know that this is the perfection and glory I seek in You. Now, therefore, I will walk in the spirit, but work in the flesh for as long as you have use of me, whether it is for the sake of others, or for you to show your great mercy and love even to me all the more in the world. Amen."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some sites are very strict. I'm not sure why.
I believe we're all entitled to what we believe --- no one can force us to believe any differently than we do. I may have a different belief system than you do, but you're entitled to your beliefs. I don't use the word "opinion" because I hope that at least your belief is based on the bible somehow -- even if it's not correct. And when I say correct, I mean what is accepted by mainline Christianity NOT what I think.

I'm not very familiar with your beliefs. I tend not to argue points. I say what I want to say and then pretty much disappear. Except if it's about Calvinist beliefs.
Then I could go on for a few pages, but I eventually get tired of that too.

We're all still brothers in the Lord. That's how I understand it.

Very well said GG...I agree.
I dislike close-mindedness....and people who aren't even open to hear a different point of view. ( which means they are so sure that who they believe is 100% correct.)
Which is very different from listening to out and out anti-God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit vomit being spilled.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So...I was just accused by a Mod on another forum of "new age" "mystic" "nonsense."

What you believe is nobody's business but your own but I thank you for sharing. :D

People lose sight of the fact we have a SUPERNATURAL God! What they don't understand they label as "mystic" nonsense and ban you. Every forum has rules to follow and with that, be more careful about what you say, even in here. :)

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you believe is nobody's business but your own but I thank you for sharing. :D

People lose sight of the fact we have a SUPERNATURAL God! What they don't understand they label as "mystic" nonsense and ban you. Every forum has rules to follow and with that, be more careful about what you say, even in here. :)
Thanks. Although my reason for sharing is that I would hope that someday the tide would turn so that people are more careful about what they condemn of the spirit of God, rather than those of the spirit having to be careful what we say. Sadly, it's all backwards, and has been since they killed the first prophet sent from God.

Reactions: Helen

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks. Although my reason for sharing is that I would hope that someday the tide would turn so that people are more careful about what they condemn of the spirit of God, rather than those of the spirit having to be careful what we say. Sadly, it's all backwards, and has been since they killed the first prophet sent from God.

All in God's time. The Holy Spirit works slowly in all of us.

To quote from a movie, A Few Good Men, "You can't handle the truth!"

You can't force Truth on those that aren't ready, you'd risk scaring them away, permanently.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Pity that so many are.

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

God bless, ears to hear eyes to see

Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Reactions: ScottA