Television

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
is it good to have a television at home, my daughter keeps telling me for a television.
Hi @My Dreams; I guess it's all about how you use the TV, and not whether you actually have one in the house or not.

Maybe your daughter wants a TV because all her friends' families have one....maybe this is not necessarily the best reason.

Also, you have told us of the importance of the Word of God in your household. For some ppl, more importance to the TV can mean less importance to the Word of God.

In the end it's about what you see.

For example, with tattoos, it's maybe not so much whether a person has a tattoo, than what does the tattoo say? for example, my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse, and mine also. This is vastly different from tattoos which promote false ideas or immoral practices.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is it good to have a television at home, my daughter keeps telling me for a television.
The television in the USA is a media that promotes the liberal agenda. It is run by liberals which are anti Christian. So that they try to steer Christians into the liberal ways which is evil. I don't know about India though. But I just select movies and watch them on the internet so that I'm not being programmed by the evil liberals.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USA it's more of a New World Order liberal agenda that the UN promotes. Un-Natural Sexual Orientation Rights, Global Warming Harassment, COVID Virus Harassment and Dictactorship, Dual Racial Standards promoting certain races over others, etc.

And if anyone speaks out against them they get harassed and attacked publicly. Shamed publicly. And silenced.

It's almost as if we are under a new type Nazi dictatorship that is ruled by the media and elites.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and @My Dreams the new thing here in the USA is that in the schools they program the children with those liberal agendas and try to make laws that take away the rights of the parents to raise the children. So what they have done is taken away the rights of the people and given it to the liberal machine.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can set the TV to only certain stations I don't see an issue but, there's lots of garbage on it. I've not watched television in many years. There are some Godly things you could tune into, here is a site with several biblical tv shows:
Our Favorite Christian TV shows for Preschoolers

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have to agree i won't allow any unfriendly T.V. shows on my television i have one in my bedroom but i only pick & watch the family orenited T.V. stations although that is getting really hard to find now but i have chosen a few selected T.V. channels that i actualy will watch & a certain news channel only 3 news shows that i will watch from there because i can't listen to the drama all day

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i have to agree i won't allow any unfriendly T.V. shows on my television i have one in my bedroom but i only pick & watch the family orenited T.V. stations although that is getting really hard to find now but i have chosen a few selected T.V. channels that i actualy will watch & a certain news channel only 3 news shows that i will watch from there because i can't listen to the drama all day
@shortangel I think @Nancy's use of the word 'garbage', above, is pretty accurate...