Tell me what is loveable about such a God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes... but I don't want anyone tortured forever

For those that do get tossed in the fire, they are there because they earned it, so don't worry about it. It won't be the fate of every single unbeliever. There will be many more in the new heaven and earth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes... but I don't want anyone tortured forever
Let me get this straight...

You don't eat meat. You would never killed a fly, nor have you. You don't mind sharing your home with animals. You never lock your doors. You don't own any locks. You don't believe in fences. You don't believe that anyone or anything would ever do you harm. You would not defend yourself or your family or your neighbor. You think laws and justice are unnecessary. And all the world is your happy place. Is that about right?

Your request for no torture will be taken under advisement.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't eat meat. You would never killed a fly, nor have you. You don't mind sharing your home with animals. You never lock your doors. You don't own any locks. You don't believe in fences. You don't believe that anyone or anything would ever do you harm. You would not defend yourself or your family or your neighbor. You think laws and justice are unnecessary. All the world is you happy place. Is that about right?

Does this sound like Donald Trump to you, the one who wants to wall off Mexico?

Reactions: ScottA

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

Do not ridicule the God who wishes to save you and your family.

" 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy2:3-4)

I trust and hope that God - being allmighty - will eventually get what He wants.

Reactions: ScottA and bbyrd009

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians and Muslims actually believe that.

It is such a ridiculous and depressing belief, I can't fathom why anyone would love a God who would do that. Fearing such a God would make sense, but loving such a God seems sick to me.

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

Please explain what is loveable about such a God.

God is righteous, those who are born again died to sin by receiving Jesus into their hearts by faith and are made righteous through Jesus, for he paid the price on the cross so we may live, to live in Jesus is life, but those who reject and refuse to accept Jesus as God, are living in sin, and to live in sin is death. The Bible tells us their is no excuse, for the evidence is right in front of us.

Hell is very real and Heaven is very real. Satan is very real, and God is very real. Satan tries to steal souls by deception, and he is also there to kill and destroy. All babies are born innocent, and are made in the eyes of God, but unfortunately because Satan is real, deception is very real, in many cases if the kids aren't raised in a good Jesus/Bible based home in the ways of Jesus, they become deceived and live in the ways of the world, but fortunately God is very real too, and many people do in the end come back to Jesus, and this can be done by signs, wonders, miracles, or just simply hearing the gospel or just simply seeing the magnificence in God's creation, our and other Christians praying for the lost is a big one too, (yes, many are converted to follow Jesus, as a result through prayer, praying for the lost is so important) all through the blood, power, grace and love of Jesus Christ, so in a way we are all given a chance, but sadly many people don't turn to Jesus, despite all the times he has shown in some way that there is a God and Jesus is very real.

God has been, is and always will be loving. Consider this.

God created man and woman, he created a world for us to live in, a beautiful creation to appreciate, great scenery, hills, snow capped mountains, waterfalls, caves, lakes, creeks, rivers, oceans, he gave woman to man, and man to woman, he gave them children, and gave children a family, he created other living things such as animals, God created food for us to eat, and fresh water for us to drink. To top it all off, even though Adam sinned, he gave all mankind a pathway to life, through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, he gave us his only Son, that whoever will believe in him shall not die but live an eternal, and he has given a lot of people a whole lifetime to make that decision, or at least plenty of time. And when Jesus ascended back up into the sky, he gave us his Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Helper, to those who will believe, accept and receive,

Now that is God's love.

Throughout time this is how loving God was, is, and always will be, should mankind love him back? Absolutely!

I hope that has answered your questions in some way.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him?

What a lot of ignorance is revealed by one word.
"simple"

No one 'simple' does not believe in God.

The reason people end up in hell is not because they 'simple' do not believe, but because they have deliberatly rejected God, his offer of mercy and everything that God stands for.

It is not acase of ignorance but of deliberate rejection of Gods right to recieve their worship.

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don't eat meat. You would never killed a fly, nor have you. You don't mind sharing your home with animals. You never lock your doors. You don't own any locks. You don't believe in fences. You don't believe that anyone or anything would ever do you harm. You would not defend yourself or your family or your neighbor. You think laws and justice are unnecessary. And all the world is your happy place. Is that about right?

No... I'm saying I don't want people tortured forever...big difference

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a case of ignorance but of deliberate rejection of Gods right to receive their worship.
I would disagree...knowing many many atheists, ha, called one at 8:30 last night, their minds are so darn concrete..as a funny metaphor, my one friend is a professor of Geology...get it... "rocks" ! :D

He simply was not raised with any "God talk".
He believes in what he sees.
He has heard a few things from the Bible, sure, hard to avoid.
But words from a book written long ago by 'who knows who' mean nothing to him...
He is not deliberately rejecting God, per se, he just has no concept in spirits, the unseen, the invisible 'anything`....nor astrology or palm reading. Lol. So, some intelligent being that created all this, is included in that.
(The other friends are the same way..thinking themselves 'scientists'.)

The funny thing is all these people are the greatest people...do anything for you, lighthearted, always compassionate and loving and generous!
Just normal folk.
3 can have a combatant issue, tho, if God is brought up too much, they think believers are just plain stupid...believing in fantasies...the invisble, made up things from fairyland.
So if ya wanted to present a believing view...watch out, man oh man...their anger
in the stupidity comes out...as if they are so so so much smarter.
I bump into them at parties or shopping... I am nice, but avoid them...so not really 'friends' anymore...once I found out how mean they can get! Whoa!

They can't worship something they think "simply" does not exist.
They are not rejecting a Being...they can't reject anything that is non-existent, see?

Another view from knowing SO many atheists.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I would disagree...knowing many many atheists, ha, called one at 8:30 last night, their minds are so darn concrete..as a funny metaphor, my one friend is a professor of Geology...get it... "rocks" ! :D

He simply was not raised with any "God talk".
He believes in what he sees.
He has heard a few things from the Bible, sure, hard to avoid.
But words from a book written long ago by 'who knows who' mean nothing to him...
He is not deliberately rejecting God, per se, he just has no concept in spirits, the unseen, the invisible 'anything`....nor astrology or palm reading. Lol. So, some intelligent being that created all this, is included in that.
(The other friends are the same way..thinking themselves 'scientists'.)

The funny thing is all these people are the greatest people...do anything for you, lighthearted, always compassionate and loving and generous!
Just normal folk.
3 can have a combatant issue, tho, if God is brought up too much, they think believers are just plain stupid...believing in fantasies...the invisble, made up things from fairyland.
So if ya wanted to present a believing view...watch out, man oh man...their anger
in the stupidity comes out...as if they are so so so much smarter.
I bump into them at parties or shopping... I am nice, but avoid them...so not really 'friends' anymore...once I found out how mean they can get! Whoa!

They can't worship something they think "simply" does not exist.
They are not rejecting a Being...they can't reject anything that is non-existent, see?

Another view from knowing SO many atheists.
while neither side likes it much, the connection of Fundies and Atheists is pretty well documented i guess

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians and Muslims actually believe that.

It is such a ridiculous and depressing belief, I can't fathom why anyone would love a God who would do that. Fearing such a God would make sense, but loving such a God seems sick to me.

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

Please explain what is loveable about such a God.

that's because God's Love as in having a relationship with him is conditional, within a agreement (covenant) (Jesus is the only Way the everlasting covenant) ( and don't buy into what the TV says, Muhammad the prophet of Islam's god is a idol he found in that building they parade around in mecca). you reject Him and what He says then expect the same according to your own judgement.

take the devil and why he has no hope of redemption. its because he was in the Presence of God and has seen God but rejected God's Word knowing God is God. now he is where he is without any chance at all. rejection begets rejection, which you live in now and were born into via Adam and Eve, they knowing God is God, and died from the life they had before the tree and were left with dust to dust just as the animals have. they were supposed to die but God let them die of the life they had, hence the Word is good and let them live in a life we now have.

God's not responsible to you for anything, he gave you a life you love to live what's your point? He has mercy on the wicked and the unthankful. you pursue your satisfactions whats your gripe? if you seek Him He is there, if you don't what's your problem?

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says:

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’”

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

And through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined. And he will swallow up on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Lets say there are two places to be, and that is inside or outside his Kingdom. God isn't calling for the torture of those on the outside, but it will happen cause the demons are left there unchecked.

How long will it take to die when there is no time?

Reactions: Pisteuo

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets say there are two places to be, and that is inside or outside his Kingdom. God isn't calling for the torture of those on the outside, but it will happen cause the demons are left there unchecked.

How long will it take to die when there is no time?
All things are easy for God. He can rescue a soul from any place including hell...he can restrain all demons

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the dead know nothing
The poor man Lazarus was taken to Abraham's bosom and Abraham was interacting with the rich man in Hades. Jesus was seen with Moses and Elijah... the Book of Revelation shows the Martyrs begging for vengeance

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No... I'm saying I don't want people tortured forever...big difference
So...you are not for punishment befitting of the crime? Duly noted.

Anyway, getting back to you on taking your request for no torture under advisement:

After long and careful consideration, since the torture is voluntary, your request has been denied.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The poor man Lazarus was taken to Abraham's bosom and Abraham was interacting with the rich man in Hades.
in a parable, yes, meant to illustrate that there are consequences for our actions that will outlive us, not to be taken literally, at least imo, do so if you like.
Jesus was seen with Moses and Elijah
well, metaphorically speaking, certainly, but note that Gandhi can also "be seen" with Christ, ok. Iow which eyes are we talking about now, which eyes are the authors there assuming that you will be seeing from
the Book of Revelation shows the Martyrs begging for vengeance
and also fails to show God taking any vengeance, iow people want vengeance, but God wants forgiveness. Stephen was not begging for vengeance, right? Is the premise here that Stephen forgave his stoners in life, and now seeks vengeance once he is dead? So see that perspectives are often being addressed (or assumed), i'm pretty sure.

is the bed too narrow, and the blanket too short, in fact?
it is certainly stated as so in the Book, right

Last edited:

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you are not for punishment befitting of the crime? Duly noted.

Anyway, getting back to you on taking your request for no torture under advisement:

After long and careful consideration, since the torture is voluntary, your request has been denied.
I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years

Reactions: Miss Hepburn