"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What accusation?
Only you and God know whether or not you have received the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
Stop blowing things out of proportion.

If that's not what you meant, then what did you mean? You said, "So what!" to my testimony and accused me of merely believing. And then you launched into a discourse on being born again--what else could you have meant? Did you miss the part of my testimony where I said that, "I am in communion with Christ through the power of His Holy Spirit who dwells within me "? Are you really denigrating the role of Scripture in bringing one to faith? If so, you are denying what is clearly in the word, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) You also insinuated that I am "still among the wicked". "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, and the dispensationalists Are always waiting for a God that is to come. But for many he has already came with a blinding light, And the wicked has been revealed.
1 Corinthians 11.26 is linked with the Rapture of the church; so if we Scripturally observe the Lord's Supper with His coming for the church in view, then waiting for the Lord Jesus in such a way does not seem problematic.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 11.26 is linked with the Rapture of the church; so if we Scripturally observe the Lord's Supper with His coming for the church in view, then waiting for the Lord Jesus in such a way does not seem problematic.

Yes--we were told to watch and wait for His return. The angels at Christ's ascension said that He would return to us in the same way that He left. Watch and wait.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that I have not been born again because I disagree with you on a point of theology? Another outrageous accusation? What makes you any different from the Pharisees who accused Jesus of having a demon? Congratulations! You are quite religious.
What accusation?
Only you and God know whether or not you have received the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
Stop blowing things out of proportion.
If that's not what you meant, then what did you mean? You said, "So what!" to my testimony and accused me of merely believing. And then you launched into a discourse on being born again--what else could you have meant? Did you miss the part of my testimony where I said that, "I am in communion with Christ through the power of His Holy Spirit who dwells within me "? Are you really denigrating the role of Scripture in bringing one to faith? If so, you are denying what is clearly in the word, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17) You also insinuated that I am "still among the wicked". "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble."
I am not here to attack you or anyone, so please stop personalizing what I say. No, I have not read that you are born again, therfore I was thinking that you might not know about it.
There are many, many professing christians, who have alot of bible knowledge from their denominational teaching, and can parrot an understanding given to them by others, but never discovered it for themselves. So yes, I do question if a person has been born again, because believing in a Religion saves no one.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. Ok. Will go back and reread your post then. By the way...Thank you.
You are welcome!

Please compare the words used in Rev. 13[18]

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is
Six hundred threescore and six.
With

1 Kings 10[13] And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.
[14] Now the weight of gold
that came to Solomon [freely as a gift]
in one year was
six hundred threescore and six talents of gold.
Have you ever researched the proposed concept of "Universal Basic Income"?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not here to attack you or anyone, so please stop personalizing what I say. No, I have not read that you are born again, therfore I was thinking that you might not know about it.
Do you really believe that someone could have read the entire Bible (and especially the New Testament) many times and not know about being born again from on high?

There are many, many professing christians, who have alot of bible knowledge from their denominational teaching, and can parrot an understanding given to them by others, but never discovered it for themselves.
I suppose there are some like that but the main problem in the Church today is that "christians" don't even read it, in any form. And Christians like you are one of the reasons why they don't. I was raised on the KJV and am quite comfortable with it, but there are others (such as new believers and teens) who are not. It really is another language that is used in the KJV. That's why I was clueless as to what it really teaches until I was born again. The Bible translation that was used in that Bible Study where I was born again, was the original NIV (I don't care for the new one at all). It is for the sake of new believers that I most always quote from the NLT (although sometimes I slip into the KJV) because those people NEED to read the gospel in their own language. You can split hairs and say that it is not the "purest of the pure" while all of those unconverted people die and perhaps go to a Christless eternity. I choose to advise young believers that ANY translation (as opposed to a paraphrase) is good for sustenance. A Bible that sits and collects dust on the shelf does no one any good at all.

So yes, I do question if a person has been born again, because believing in a Religion saves no one.
Now, this I can agree with and that's why I have a problem with some of your pronouncements. Please forgive me, but they often seem like a zealously guarded religious belief.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are welcome!

Please compare the words used in Rev. 13[18]

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is
Six hundred threescore and six.
With

1 Kings 10[13] And king Solomon gave unto the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatsoever she asked, beside that which Solomon gave her of his royal bounty. So she turned and went to her own country, she and her servants.
[14] Now the weight of gold
that came to Solomon [freely as a gift]
in one year was
six hundred threescore and six talents of gold.
Have you ever researched the proposed concept of "Universal Basic Income"?

I think you are grasping at straws here a bit. I have seen posters make something of the weight of Goliath's armor, but doesn't it matter what unit of measure one uses? What matters is preaching the gospel and not getting caught up in useless debate over minor details. It is possible to know every single nuance of the Law and yet miss entirely the presence of God (as we see in the example of the Pharisees).

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really believe that someone could have read the entire Bible (and especially the New Testament) many times and not know about being born again from on high?

I suppose there are some like that but the main problem in the Church today is that "christians" don't even read it, in any form. And Christians like you are one of the reasons why they don't. I was raised on the KJV and am quite comfortable with it, but there are others (such as new believers and teens) who are not. It really is another language that is used in the KJV. That's why I was clueless as to what it really teaches until I was born again. The Bible translation that was used in that Bible Study where I was born again, was the original NIV (I don't care for the new one at all). It is for the sake of new believers that I most always quote from the NLT (although sometimes I slip into the KJV) because those people NEED to read the gospel in their own language. You can split hairs and say that it is not the "purest of the pure" while all of those unconverted people die and perhaps go to a Christless eternity. I choose to advise young believers that ANY translation (as opposed to a paraphrase) is good for sustenance. A Bible that sits and collects dust on the shelf does no one any good at all.

Now, this I can agree with and that's why I have a problem with some of your pronouncements. Please forgive me, but they often seem like a zealously guarded religious belief.
With a name such as "Crosstalk", with an upper case "C", I understand how you mean it.
But if you understand the many denominations and cults represented here, you should understand it in the lower case "c" as being "crosstalk".
IOWS everyone is "crossing wires" in basic bible understanding, of which can be even more difficult, with all the Bible versions.
So yes, I do have a tendency to get heavy handed, and straight to the point.

In all else that you just wrote, I do agree!
I have known quite a few, firm Bible thumpers who do not know what being born again is or means. Most of them are JWs and SDA.
There are a number of them here on this site.
Please know, that when I write, I am writing to the other readers at the same time. That's why I say don't personalize what I write.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are grasping at straws here a bit. I have seen posters make something of the weight of Goliath's armor, but doesn't it matter what unit of measure one uses? What matters is preaching the gospel and not getting caught up in useless debate over minor details. It is possible to know every single nuance of the Law and yet miss entirely the presence of God (as we see in the example of the Pharisees).
I think what you just wrote, doesn't even come close to how "you think that I am grasping at straws".
If your view is contrary, and you do know what I was alluding to, then please explain how I am wrong.

Many times I reveal something of scripture, so that people can find the truth of it themselves.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your sincere response.
1. It's not so much the verse, but rather the what.
"My people" can be understood by the Mind of God, who lives in eternity, in the present of when it was said, to all of time in history, or just in the last mo
Earburner, I know you'll agree that since what was written long ago was "written for our learning" we must let the Bible interpret itself, right? So, wasn't there a time when Abraham was living in the land of Babylon (Ur) and God called him out? And later, were not God's people living in captivity in Babylon instead of the Promised Land, but God called them out (through Cyrus)? So, demanding that the time those end-time dwellers of "Babylon" reach "My people" status, of which Revelation 14 speaks, is only after they come out of Babylon is a bit subjective on your part, IMO.

I get what you're saying about the principle that "God often calls out the things that shall be as though the already are" and everything...

...but we've got direct, tangible OT examples of God's people as already His while yet in Babylon. So, I think it's a bit unfair to characterize my interpretation as "my religion" as if the idea is foreign to the Bible when the Bible clearly exemplifies the interpretation.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to Phoneman and Victory!
Sometimes with so much of our technology, it gets out of control in using it.
My above post(s) is an error of sending to two people by accident at the same time.
LOL I was wondering what happened to the rest of the points

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think what you just wrote, doesn't even come close to how "you think that I am grasping at straws".
If your view is contrary, and you do know what I was alluding to, then please explain how I am wrong.

Many times I reveal something of scripture, so that people can find the truth of it themselves.

It can border on "secret knowledge" that only a few can know--which is quite pagan, by the way. The surface text of the Bible will tell you everything you need to know for faith and practice. I won't say that I think you are wrong exactly but I'm not particularly comfortable with the focus on drawing finer and finer distinctions when there are people like "SkyWriting" on here teaching that homosexuality is just fine with God. He badly perverts the word of God and I would like to see more Christians here challenge him on it. One or two of the women even appear to be taken in by him because they are weak on what the Bible teaches on the subject.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.
KJV Usage: mystery (27x).

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.
KJV Usage: mystery (27x).

The Roman Empire was full of mystery cults and they opposed the spread of the gospel. What is your point?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner, I know you'll agree that since what was written long ago was "written for our learning" we must let the Bible interpret itself, right? So, wasn't there a time when Abraham was living in the land of Babylon (Ur) and God called him out? And later, were not God's people living in captivity in Babylon instead of the Promised Land, but God called them out (through Cyrus)? So, demanding that the time those end-time dwellers of "Babylon" reach "My people" status, of which Revelation 14 speaks, is only after they come out of Babylon is a bit subjective on your part, IMO.

I get what you're saying about the principle that "God often calls out the things that shall be as though the already are" and everything...

...but we've got direct, tangible OT examples of God's people as already His while yet in Babylon. So, I think it's a bit unfair to characterize my interpretation as "my religion" as if the idea is foreign to the Bible when the Bible clearly exemplifies the interpretation.
First of all, I somewhat agree that the Bible can interpret itself, but only to a degree, in that WHAT was prophesied, SHALL come to pass.
However, anything after that situation of a prophetic fulfillment, that topic can then be used:
in type and anti-type,
as a parable,
and/or in parallel, as being a likeness.
Other than that, the Bible can be solely interpreted by our unaided fleshly mind of "the natural man", or it can be understood by God explaining His OWN thoughts about His OWN words (Isa. 55:8-9) to us, as He said He would, through the Gift of His Holy Spirit. John 14:23.
Prov. 3[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I somewhat agree that the Bible can interpret itself, but only to a degree, in that WHAT was prophesied, SHALL come to pass.
However, anything after that situation of a prophetic fulfillment, that topic can then be used:
in type and anti-type,
as a parable,
and/or in parallel, as being a likeness.
Other than that, the Bible can be solely interpreted by our unaided fleshly mind of "the natural man", or it can be understood by God explaining His OWN thoughts about His OWN words (Isa. 55:8-9) to us, as He said He would, through the Gift of His Holy Spirit. John 14:23.
Prov. 3[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
And do fundamentalist atheists ever employ the "fleshly mind" to interpret it. Tektontv on Youtube does a good job of debunking a lot of twisted ideas by them.

Reactions: Earburner

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Empire was full of mystery cults and they opposed the spread of the gospel. What is your point?

big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
    "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"
    synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice;More

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reference to Skywriting, he displays the love that Christ displays to all sinners . This seems to be something you lack. In your responses to men here on this forum seem to be kinda butchy, maybe you are harboring some homosexual tendencies, and this is why the subject is so touchy-feely for you.

Transliteration: agapē
Pronunciation: ag-ah'-pay
Definition: From G25; love that is affection or benevolence; specifically (plural) a lovefeast: - (feast of) charity ([-ably]) dear love.
KJV Usage: love (86x), charity (27x), dear (1x), charitably (with G2596) (1x), feast of charity (1x).