"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is not all of it...1 Corinthians 2:9-10
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. [10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

You can’t stop short and say eye has not seen and ears have not heard...that is not so. “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither entered into the heart of man.”

John 10:27
[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 Corinthians 2:12
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

As He will do with Israel in the future. I didn't quote all of the passage because I was merely countering your skepticism about the gates of the New Jerusalem.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not all of it...1 Corinthians 2:9-10
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. [10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

You can’t stop short and say eye has not seen and ears have not heard...that is not so. “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither entered into the heart of man.”

John 10:27
[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 Corinthians 2:12
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
How convenient that LCT would leave out the most important part of that scripture, of 1 Cor. 2:10-12.
Is it because she doesn't know all of her NT Bible, or because she doesn't understand it?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How convenient that LCT would leave out the most important part of that scripture, of 1 Cor. 2:10-12.
Is it because she doesn't know all of her NT Bible, or because she doesn't understand it?

Nice try at insult but a fail, Earburner. I explained that I was merely addressing VictoryinJesus' skepticism over each of the gates of the New Jerusalem being made from a single pearl. Who can say which is the "most important part" of any Scripture? In any case, it is presumptuous to think that you can when ALL Scripture is God-breathed.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As He will do with Israel in the future. I didn't quote all of the passage because I was merely countering your skepticism about the gates of the New Jerusalem.
You might want to investigate the "Ephod" that the High Priest wore, that had the precious stones, symbolizing the 12 Tribes of Israel.
Spiritually speaking for today, Jesus is our High Priest, and we all who are of faith, are in Jesus!
So now we see those gem stones are used in symbolic form in the Heavenly Jerusalem.
Don't you see that it is not a literal city of buildings, but rather God's people themselves?
Rev. 21[19] And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
[20] The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try at insult but a fail, Earburner. I explained that I was merely addressing VictoryinJesus' skepticism over each of the gates of the New Jerusalem being made from a single pearl. Who can say which is the "most important part" of any Scripture? In any case, it is presumptuous to think that you can when ALL Scripture is God-breathed.
Oh, I thought you ended our discussion again, and was moving on!
Well, do you understand 1 Cor. 2:10-12?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I also have always heard no eye has seen and no ear has heard as proof it is not possible to see or hear...forgetting all things are possible with God even opening the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf so that the dumb speak of things unheard.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have always heard no eye has seen and no ear has heard as proof it is not possible to see or hear...forgetting all things are possible with God even opening the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf so that the dumb speak of things unheard.
Yes, and the dispensationalists Are always waiting for a God that is to come. But for many he has already came with a blinding light, And the wicked has been revealed.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am very sure that I do, but not by myself, or by any other mind of "the natural man", but rather the Mind of Christ that dwells within me.

Well, then, why do any of the rest of us need the Holy Spirit to "lead us into all truth" when we have YOU? "God gives grace to the humble."

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the dispensationalists Are always waiting for a God that is to come. But for many he has already came with a blinding light, And the wicked has been revealed.
In many ways (different bible versions), they misunderstand: "Blessed and holy is he, that hath part in the first resurrection". KJV- Rev. 20:6.
They have forgotten Who the First Resurrection into NEW Life is!!
Not only that, they have not learned HOW it is that we "are made to be partakers (part takers) of the (His) divine nature. John 3:3-8; 2 Peter 1:4.
Therefore, "whosoever hath not the Spirit of Christ/God, he is none of His". Rom. 8:9.
To paraphrase: he, who is none of His, is not a partaker, because he didn't take part (participate) in Jesus' Resurrection, which is the First resurrection!

Aka, Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the KoG!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then, why do any of the rest of us need the Holy Spirit to "lead us into all truth" when we have YOU? "God gives grace to the humble."
Correct, you DON'T need me! You need Isa. 55:8-9. Which is to listen to the Mind (thoughts) of Christ, who is that "another Comforter", the Holy Spirit, and not by your "natural man/mind", or by the doctrines and commentary from denominational religion.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Consider Abraham was made a promise of children. What seed would those children of promise come through if not Spirit? Ephesians 6:2 [2] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise)

Jerusalem could not bear the children with God’s “help”. The only way for spiritual children to be born of Spirit (the promise)is if the womb of those children are born from is Spirit. It was never going to come by or through the flesh. That born of flesh is flesh. And that born of Spirit is Spirit. Jerusalem then as the body of flesh had to be crucified, ‘judged’ already, die and be resurrected—-a spiritual body from higher (above)in Christ ...set above all things as God promised a city set on a Hill. Is it evil then to say Jerusalem is a new creation created NEW in Christ and that the old has passed away? All things have become new to those Crucified of the flesh and born anew from above? The promised children of Israel. Why does the command of Honour thy father and mother come with promise? Promise of what? Is it evil to say of Abraham the children born of the promise—heirs of all things—God would remove the world set in their heart and set the Love of God instead in their heart? Consider also Paul saying not all are Israel but those of the promise. ...The seed of Christ. Therefore making peace. God removes the world set in the heart of man so that no man can find out the work God maketh...Ecclesiastes 3:11
[11] He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

God removes the world set in the heart and sets the love of God in the heart of the New creature created in Christ. Galatians 4:6
[6] And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Then consider His words of “fear not for I have overcome the world” what is overcoming of the world if not the removal of the world set in the heart of man so man can’t find out the work of God? “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard” but they (children of promise)have heard; “neither have entered into the heart of man” but He has entered in.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have humbled myself in the Lord.
I trust in Him ALONE to lead and guide me, as a little child.
Mat. 18[2] And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted [born again], and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven
[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct, you DON'T need me! You need Isa. 55:8-9. Which is to listen to the Mind (thoughts) of Christ, who is that "another Comforter", the Holy Spirit, and not by your "natural man/mind", or by the doctrines and commentary from denominational religion.

You are making a LOT of assumptions about me and holding yourself to be superior. You know nothing of me or my faith walk yet you presume to judge my faith. You tell me that I am not listening to the Holy Spirit because I am supposedly using my "natural mind" and that I have been persuaded by the "doctrines and commentary from denominational religion". What insufferable arrogance you quite apparently have. You are making a theology out of selected bits of Scripture. Why don't you simply read chapters at a time and let it speak to you instead of imposing your thoughts on it?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Lord could turn water into wine, surely He could manage to make a gate purely of a single pearl, in His preparation of the New Jerusalem. The problem with you and other "spiritualizers" is that you apparently don't believe in miracles. Therefore, most everything must be explained in terms of being "symbolic" of something else. Instead of just a straight reading of the text you attempt to interpret the text from your preconceived theology. 1 Corinthians 2:9--->"That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him'.”
Are you saying Gods an oyster

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand!
Every person who is Born Again, have obeyed "come out of her my people".
Whosoever does not have the Spirit of Christ, is none of His. Rom. 8:9
Actually, there's a verse that says, "Come out of her, MY people..." which means "His people" are in Babylon and need to come out before it's too late.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making a LOT of assumptions about me and holding yourself to be superior. You know nothing of me or my faith walk yet you presume to judge my faith. You tell me that I am not listening to the Holy Spirit because I am supposedly using my "natural mind" and that I have been persuaded by the "doctrines and commentary from denominational religion". What insufferable arrogance you quite apparently have. You are making a theology out of selected bits of Scripture. Why don't you simply read chapters at a time and let it speak to you instead of imposing your thoughts on it?
No! None of what you assume is what I am talking about!!
What I am saying is, everyone of us, since physical birth, are being programmed by the physical world around us, by our parents, TV, friends, school, church, etc.
For example:
When I say "The devil", most people immediately have a cartoon picture in their minds, that the devil is of the color red, and has a tail with horns on his head. Is that biblical?
Yes! The words red, tail, horns and head, are all there, but it's not how we first perceived it, as it is depicted by a cartoon, or any other visual image that has been impressed upon our minds, during our youth.
From there, as we get older, it only gets worse, and becomes more subtle and intense.
Here are a few more words, that have preconceived thoughts and images racing around in our human minds: God, Heaven, Hell, death, soul, Jesus, eternity, etc.
Many of us are unaware, that by all that false imposed imagery, of false programming, for the perception of our reality, it is heavy laden with LIES of numerous interpretations.
Whether that be done by others or our own selves,
the problem is our human minds are full of lies, just as is a full glass of dirty water.
Now, since we can't take our minds out and put them in a sink, for a good cleaning, the erroneous information and imagery that has taken deep root, can only be DISPLACED by God's clean "living water", HIS Truth, which is HIMSELF, which is "another Mind", aka "another Comforter", being that of the Person of His Holy Spirit, deposited within us, "along side" of our own mind.
The word "another", as in "another Comforter" means "along side", in the TR Greek.
So then, as would be a glass full of dirty water, by pouring in "clean" water, the dirty water is eventually displaced with clean water.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though this a poor analogy, it brings home the point:
Of a truth, "Born again Christians" are by all intent and purpose "schizophrenic".
In the simpler term, we have a "split personality"
We have our own mind of "the natural man", and right there beside it, deposited within us through faith, we are GIVEN the Spirit of God, the Mind of Christ!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the issue is, when we read the Bible, is that information being processed/interpreted by our own human mind of "the natural man", or are we allowing the Mind of God/Christ, the Holy Spirit to interpret His words to us?
I don't think that there are many, that give God a chance to do that!!