"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, there's a verse that says, "Come out of her, MY people..." which means "His people" are in Babylon and need to come out before it's too late.
Once again, the "religion" that you allow yourself to be exposed to, is dictating to you of how you should think.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, the "religion" that you allow yourself to be exposed to, is dictating to you of how you should think.
Actually, it is the verse that does that. When we read, "Come out of her, My people", what other way can we interpret that except that it is God's very own people that He is calling out?

If the ones to whom God is calling to come out are not yet His people - as you imply by saying they are such only after they come out - why would He refer to them as His while yet in Babylon? Isn't it a Biblical principle that God "winks" at man's spiritual ignorance? Did not God send for Lot and his family to "come out" that they might avoid being destroyed in S and G?

My church denomination is one of only two worldwide churches - a distinction that is absolutely demanded by Revelation 14:6-12 and - as I say this with the greatest respect to all sincere Christians everywhere who love Jesus - absolutely disqualifies every single other non- catholic denomination as such. It is said that you can go almost every single country of the world and find 3 things: The RCC, the Seventh-day Adventist church, and Coca-Cola.

The SDA church was raised up by God with those who were kicked out of all other Protestant denominations for daring to announce their Protestant Historicism eschatological conclusions that Jesus will not "come after the 1,000 years of peace upon which we are entering expires", but that He is coming soon. And for decades, ours was the only church preaching this message, until Luciferian Billy Graham began to popularize it among the mainline Protestant churches in order make his corrupt pseudo-Gospel acceptable - because the devil ain't worried if you're convinced you've got all the time in the world to get ready for Jesus to come or if you're convinced that wet powder is just as good as dry as the enemy comes into range. What say you?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are we allowing the Mind of God/Christ, the Holy Spirit to interpret His words to us?

Was thinking about this the other day and how there is so much criticism for taking verses out of context. (IMO) taking out of context and studying or asking what God has to say about a matter then coming back to the text “in context” opens it to more understanding of: why did you say it that way God. What did He mean there? People criticize but think of Lamb and His coming to take the book after John cries none were found worthy. In context ...without hearing what God said of the Lamb it would be confusing in context. I don’t know how many times I’ve had others say the Bible makes no sense and they give examples saying how is that even possible there? They come away with why bother “I could never understand”. For me...when I first went to His word it was if it was in another language that I could not speak ...as if I’d been told to read Chinese which was impossible to read. Maybe the churches today don’t teach the language enough but only will tell you what is written. (Correction not so much teach what can’t be taught of man but rather instead encourage). What about when you are alone and you have no one there to read the word for you or to guide and you just insert what you have been told. Are we content to not speak His language but to instead only repeat phrases and meanings as we have been told. Wouldn’t it be better to hear the word of God coming directly out from the Author and care enough to invest in His language? Job 33:15-24 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; [16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, [17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. [18] He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword. [19] He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain : [20] So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat. [21] His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out. [22] Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers. [23] If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness: [24] Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Actually, it is the verse that does that. When we read, "Come out of her, My people", what other way can we interpret that except that it is God's very own people that He is calling out?

2. If the ones to whom God is calling to come out are not yet His people - as you imply by saying they are such only after they come out - why would He refer to them as His while yet in Babylon? Isn't it a Biblical principle that God "winks" at man's spiritual ignorance? Did not God send for Lot and his family to "come out" that they might avoid being destroyed in S and G?

3. My church denomination is one of only two worldwide churches - a distinction that is absolutely demanded by Revelation 14:6-12 and - as I say this with the greatest respect to all sincere Christians everywhere who love Jesus - absolutely disqualifies every single other non- catholic denomination as such. It is said that you can go almost every single country of the world and find 3 things: The RCC, the Seventh-day Adventist church, and Coca-Cola.

4. The SDA church was raised up by God with those who were kicked out of all other Protestant denominations for daring to announce their Protestant Historicism eschatological conclusions that Jesus will not "come after the 1,000 years of peace upon which we are entering expires", but that He is coming soon.
5. And for decades, ours was the only church preaching this message, until Luciferian Billy Graham began to popularize it among the mainline Protestant churches in order make his corrupt pseudo-Gospel acceptable - because the devil ain't worried if you're convinced you've got all the time in the world to get ready for Jesus to come or if you're convinced that wet powder is just as good as dry as the enemy comes into range. What say you?
Thank you for your sincere response.
1. It's not so much the verse, but rather the what.
"My people" can be understood by the Mind of God, who lives in eternity, in the present of when it was said, to all of time in history, or just in the last mo
Was thinking about this the other day and how there is so much criticism for taking verses out of context. (IMO) taking out of context and studying or asking what God has to say about a matter then coming back to the text “in context” opens it to more understanding of: why did you say it that way God. What did He mean there? People criticize but think of Lamb and His coming to take the book after John cries none were found worthy. In context ...without hearing what God said of the Lamb it would be confusing in context. I don’t know how many times I’ve had others say the Bible makes no sense and they give examples saying how is that even possible there? They come away with why bother “I could never understand”. For me...when I first went to His word it was if it was in another language that I could not speak ...as if I’d been told to read Chinese which was impossible to read. Maybe the churches today don’t teach the language enough but only will tell you what is written. (Correction not so much teach what can’t be taught of man but rather instead encourage). What about when you are alone and you have no one there to read the word for you or to guide and you just insert what you have been told. Are we content to not speak His language but to instead only repeat phrases and meanings as we have been told. Wouldn’t it be better to hear the word of God coming directly out from the Author and care enough to invest in His language? Job 33:15-24 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; [16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, [17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. [18] He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword. [19] He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain : [20] So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat. [21] His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out. [22] Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers. [23] If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness: [24] Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
Good point! As a born Again Christian, I have always studied the Bible by selecting a topic. I then seek God within me, to interpret it to me, through other portions of His word, that connect directly, or run parallel to it.
If what I held to previously, doesn't measure up with the context, I grasp onto what He is showing me, and then reject what I previously believed.
Iows, I allow Him to displace my error of learning, with His thoughts about His OWN words.
Such learning takes a great deal of time, because unknowingly within our mind, we have learned much error, by assuming that a church's view of a topic must be truth. After all, that teacher/preacher did go to a "Bible College". Really? That makes him/her to be an authority?
Therefore, by making such false conclusions to be ours, we are at once geared to defend it. But as for His Truth, there is no defense required on our part!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to Phoneman and Victory!
Sometimes with so much of our technology, it gets out of control in using it.
My above post(s) is an error of sending to two people by accident at the same time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My people" can be understood by the Mind of God, who lives in eternity, in the present of when it was said, to all of time in history, or just in the last mo

Good point! As a born Again Christian, I have always studied the Bible by selecting a topic. I then seek God within me, to interpret it to me, through other portions of His word, that connect directly, or run parallel to it.
If what I held to previously, doesn't measure up with the context, I grasp onto what He is showing me, and then reject what I previously believed.
Iows, I allow Him to displace my error of learning, with His thoughts about His OWN words.
Such learning takes a great deal of time, because unknowingly within our mind, we have learned much error, by assuming that a church's view of a topic must be truth. After all, that teacher/preacher did go to a "Bible College". Really? That makes him/her to be an authority?
Therefore, by making such false conclusions to be ours, we are at once geared to defend it. But as for His Truth, there is no defense required on our part!

1 Corinthians 4:15
[15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

There is a profound life-giving difference between ten thousand instructors...and fathers who beget children for His name sake.

Romans 8:11
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No! None of what you assume is what I am talking about!!
What I am saying is, everyone of us, since physical birth, are being programmed by the physical world around us, by our parents, TV, friends, school, church, etc.
For example:
When I say "The devil", most people immediately have a cartoon picture in their minds, that the devil is of the color red, and has a tail with horns on his head. Is that biblical?
Yes! The words red, tail, horns and head, are all there, but it's not how we first perceived it, as it is depicted by a cartoon, or any other visual image that has been impressed upon our minds, during our youth.
From there, as we get older, it only gets worse, and becomes more subtle and intense.
Here are a few more words, that have preconceived thoughts and images racing around in our human minds: God, Heaven, Hell, death, soul, Jesus, eternity, etc.
Many of us are unaware, that by all that false imposed imagery, of false programming, for the perception of our reality, it is heavy laden with LIES of numerous interpretations.
Whether that be done by others or our own selves,
the problem is our human minds are full of lies, just as is a full glass of dirty water.
Now, since we can't take our minds out and put them in a sink, for a good cleaning, the erroneous information and imagery that has taken deep root, can only be DISPLACED by God's clean "living water", HIS Truth, which is HIMSELF, which is "another Mind", aka "another Comforter", being that of the Person of His Holy Spirit, deposited within us, "along side" of our own mind.
The word "another", as in "another Comforter" means "along side", in the TR Greek.
So then, as would be a glass full of dirty water, by pouring in "clean" water, the dirty water is eventually displaced with clean water.

None of that applies to my faith. My faith has a firm foundation in the word and the Word of God. What you have described is what Paul speaks of in Romans 1.

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. 19 They know the truth about God because He has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles..."

I don't need to take my mind "out and put [it] in a sink, for a good cleaning" because I have been cleansed by the Blood of Christ. Because I love Him, I believe Him and I continue to be in communion with Him through the power of His Spirit dwelling in me. I continue to be "washed by the water of the word" (Ephesians 5:26) on a daily basis. Most days, I read at least a whole chapter. Saturation in the word and prayer is my protection against worldliness. I have been called out of the world and am now spiritually seated in heaven.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, through His Son, has been building that city, and it is each one us, who are born again by His Spirit. We are the "lively STONES" of God's building.

This stood out this morning concerning His promise of John 14:2-3
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so , I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Colossians 2:6
[6] As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, ...so walk ye in him:

Isaiah 56:3-5
Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord , speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. [4] For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; [5] Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

“I go to prepare a place for you.” A place within My walls, within My house, a better name...an everlasting name.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Actually, it is the verse that does that. When we read, "Come out of her, My people", what other way can we interpret that except that it is God's very own people that He is calling out?

2. If the ones to whom God is calling to come out are not yet His people - as you imply by saying they are such only after they come out - why would He refer to them as His while yet in Babylon? Isn't it a Biblical principle that God "winks" at man's spiritual ignorance? Did not God send for Lot and his family to "come out" that they might avoid being destroyed in S and G?

3. My church denomination is one of only two worldwide churches - a distinction that is absolutely demanded by Revelation 14:6-12 and - as I say this with the greatest respect to all sincere Christians everywhere who love Jesus - absolutely disqualifies every single other non- catholic denomination as such. It is said that you can go almost every single country of the world and find 3 things: The RCC, the Seventh-day Adventist church, and Coca-Cola.

4. The SDA church was raised up by God with those who were kicked out of all other Protestant denominations for daring to announce their Protestant Historicism eschatological conclusions that Jesus will not "come after the 1,000 years of peace upon which we are entering expires", but that He is coming soon. And for decades, ours was the only church preaching this message, until Luciferian Billy Graham began to popularize it among the mainline Protestant churches in order make his corrupt pseudo-Gospel acceptable - because the devil ain't worried if you're convinced you've got all the time in the world to get ready for Jesus to come or if you're convinced that wet powder is just as good as dry as the enemy comes into range. What say you?
The words: "My people" can be understood by the Mind of God, who lives in eternity, to be understood in the present of when it was said, to all of time in history, or just in the last moments of this world's future.
So then, what is the what, that we should come out of, and to where should we go, and when?
For a born again Christian, the matter is completely solved and negated. In Jesus, we are no longer of this world. They who are of world are "none of His", as a result, let them do what they like!!
2. In God's foreknowledge, He KNOWS who His people are, before they come to Him. We should not be surprised at that, for he who lives in Eternity, without beginning or end, is not regulated by "time" on planet earth. Therefore, of "when" one should "come out of her my people", is addressed to all Saints for all time, since Jesus' bodily Ascension into Heaven. Jesus' vision to John was only 63 years later, approx. 96AD.
3. Though you are trying to be considerate of other
"sincere" believers, you are directly informing them, that because of their apostate denominational affiliation, they are lost, and only the SDA are saved.
News Flash! Everyone who believes in Jesus and has received Him as their Savior, is not condemned! John 3:18.
The determining criteria for salvation IS NOT about a literal Babylon, but rather if one HAS the Holy Spirit of God living within them. Rom. 8:9.
4. I agree with the "suddenness" of Jesus' audible and visible return. But not until after there be "a falling away" (from faith). Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3.
That "falling away" will be caused by the MoB, and it is NOT going to by any pipe dream of a mandatory Sunday worship.
All the churches have had a wrong approach on Rev. And the MoB.
That scripture is a direct reference only, to 1 Kings 10:14. From there you shall learn what the MoB entails, but only by His Holy Spirit can it be revealed to you.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You make faith in Christ much more complicated than it needs to be. Just read the Bible and ask the Lord to root out anything that isn't of Him (Psalm 139). He is faithful and will complete your faith--He is the "author and finisher" of faith.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. I agree with the "suddenness" of Jesus' audible and visible return. But not until after there be "a falling away" (from faith). Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3.
That "falling away" will be caused by the MoB, and it is NOT going to by any pipe dream of a mandatory Sunday worship.
All the churches have had a wrong approach on Rev. And the MoB.
That scripture is a direct reference only, to 1 Kings 10:14. From there you shall learn what the MoB entails, but only by His Holy Spirit can it be revealed to you.

Agreed up until the above. What is MoB?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“I go to prepare a place for you.” A place within My walls, within My house, a better name...an everlasting name.
And a LITERAL CITY -- New Jerusalem. More like a continent.

1500 miles long
1500 miles wide
1500 miles high

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. (Rev 21:16)

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that applies to my faith. My faith has a firm foundation in the word and the Word of God. What you have described is what Paul speaks of in Romans 1.

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. 19 They know the truth about God because He has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles..."

I don't need to take my mind "out and put [it] in a sink, for a good cleaning" because I have been cleansed by the Blood of Christ. Because I love Him, I believe Him and I continue to be in communion with Him through the power of His Spirit dwelling in me. I continue to be "washed by the water of the word" (Ephesians 5:26) on a daily basis. Most days, I read at least a whole chapter. Saturation in the word and prayer is my protection against worldliness. I have been called out of the world and am now spiritually seated in heaven.
And I say, all that you say, that you believe!!
So what! It's simply this:
"Whosoever hath not the Spirit of God, is none of His." Rom. 8:9.
You can immerse yourself in the word of God 24/7, but if you don't have Him, Who is The Word made flesh", living within you,
you STILL remain to be "the wicked" .
"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye MUST BE born again" . John 3:7

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1500 miles long
1500 miles wide
1500 miles high

And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. (Rev 21:16)
You didn't "hear what the Spirit is saying" .
Jesus is the Everlasting Name.
To be "IN" Jesus, is to be IN Heavenly Jerusalem!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1500 miles long
1500 miles wide
1500 miles high

Ephesians 3:17-19
[17] That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [18] May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [19] And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I say, all that you say, that you believe!!
So what! It's simply this:
"Whosoever hath not the Spirit of God, is none of His." Rom. 8:9.
You can immerse yourself in the word of God 24/7, but if you don't have Him, Who is The Word made flesh", living within you,
you STILL remain to be "the wicked" .
"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye MUST BE born again" . John 3:7

Are you saying that I have not been born again because I disagree with you on a point of theology? Another outrageous accusation? What makes you any different from the Pharisees who accused Jesus of having a demon? Congratulations! You are quite religious.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that I have not been born again because I disagree with you on a point of theology? Another outrageous accusation? What makes you any different from the Pharisees who accused Jesus of having a demon? Congratulations! You are quite religious.
What accusation?
Only you and God know whether or not you have received the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
Stop blowing things out of proportion.