The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111

As far as the other part of your post about Jesus claiming the Commandments have only a spiritual significance now, the following passages in the NT confirm, either explicitly or by example, that Jesus and the apostles viewed the 10 Commandments as necessary for true Christian living.

1st Command: Matthew 4:10, Matthew 22:37-38
2nd Command: 1 John 5:21; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 10:7, 14; Ephesians 5:5
3rd Command: Matthew 5:33-34, Matthew 7:21-23; Luke 11:2; 1 Timothy 6:1
4th Command: Luke 4:16; Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:4, 9
5th Command: Matthew 15:3-6, Matthew 19:17-19; Ephesians 6:2-3
6th Command: Matthew 5:21-22, Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:19-21; James 2:10-12
7th Command: Matthew 5:27-28, Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 10:8; Ephesians 5:5; Galatians 5:19-21; James 2:10-12
8th Command: Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28
9th Command: Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; Colossians 3:9; Ephesians 4:25
10th Command: Luke 12:15; Romans 7:7; 13:9; Ephesians 5:3, 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enoch111

As far as the other part of your post about Jesus claiming the Commandments have only a spritual significance now, the following passages in the NT confirm, either explicitly or by example, that Jesus and the apostles viewed the 10 Commandments as necessary for true Christian living.

2nd Command: 1 John 5:21; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 10:7, 14; Ephesians 5:5
6th Command: Matthew 5:21-22, Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:19-21; James 2:10-12
7th Command: Matthew 5:27-28, Matthew 19:17-18; Romans 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 10:8; Ephesians 5:5; Galatians 5:19-21; James 2:10-12
So do you think you keep the law and commandments?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is a neat slogan.....but it is one of many modern heresies ..... guaranteed heaven no matter what....heaven full of evil. What is hell for? Puff on that pot....Alright Man! We are all cool here!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OSAS is a neat slogan.....but it is one of many modern heresies ..... guaranteed heaven no matter what....heaven full of evil. What is hell for? Puff on that pot....Alright Man! We are all cool here!
I thought heaven has the spirits of just men made perfect in it? Ever consider the just were not perfect on earth?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111

As far as the other part of your post about Jesus claiming the Commandments have only a spritual significance now, the following passages in the NT confirm, either explicitly or by example, that Jesus and the apostles viewed the 10 Commandments as necessary for true Christian living.

So are you a Jew?
If you know something about the Law, can you separate 10 laws out of the 613 Mosaic Laws to observe. What happens to you if you do?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought heaven has the spirits of just men made perfect in it? Ever consider the just were not perfect on earth?
Aw yes....the child molester made a saint by Christ.....awww aren't they sweet!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

Jesus said this in Matthew 24. Why in the world would he specify Sabbath if there wasn't a "sabbath" after He dies?Wasn't He giving this counsel to warn the new Christians?

Reactions: GEN2REV

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you a Jew?
If you know something about the Law, can you separate 10 laws out of the 613 Mosaic Laws to observe. What happens to you if you do?
(Raises hand)
Yes!
The ones that were written by the finger of God!!!!!!!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Raises hand)
Yes!
The ones that were written by the finger of God!!!!!!!

With all that evil being rewarded with heaven....what kind of reward is that for good people and why would God want to have evil around Him for eternity....Is it your religion that God and good people are going to have to move out of heaven? What is hell for? I am sorry it just sounds like a drug fantasy!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With all that evil being rewarded with heaven....what kind of reward is that for good people and why would God want to have evil around Him for eternity....Is it your religion that God and good people are going to have to move out of heaven? What is hell for? I am sorry it just sounds like a drug fantasy!
We are all evil....we are all forgiven. God has done for us what we could not do for ourselves.....this is the Gospel.
Why be tight fisted with God's generosity he has lavished on you? Did he not forgive both debtors?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all evil....we are all forgiven. God has done for us what we could not do for ourselves.....this is the Gospel.
Why be tight fisted with God's generosity he has lavished on you? Did he not forgive both debtors?

I disagree. That is a doctrine of Satan....we are all evil! Just go on and sin all you want! Cause Christ was nailed to the cross so we could go on sinning and sinning! You are better off converting witchcraft dude!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He won't We'll all be changed in the twinkling of an eye.
And you skipped over my question.
That's perfectly fine, though. I am reposting here for you.

"Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."
Jesus said this in Matthew 24. Why in the world would he specify Sabbath if there wasn't a "sabbath" after He dies?Wasn't He giving this counsel to warn the new Christians?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He won't We'll all be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

LOL You think that scripture is about programming people to be good. I am a robot. Now I am good. Programmed to be good. That would be quite the plan. And Christ said, Sin all you want, I was crucified so you can sin all you want and I will whitewash you in the end.

I am curious...do you mark out these scriptures in your Bible....or just ignore them?

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

2Cor:5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

This goes back to the whole popular belief that Christianity changed like a light switch was flipped. Not true. Jewish-Christians and Gentile-Christians and Jews. Some Christians were still observing the Sabbath. Who do you think was dogging Paul's ministry saying that Christians had to be circumcised and follow the law and Jewish customs. Judaizers!

The Mosaic Law did not stop....it still applied to the Jews. Horrible things on a Sabbath would affect a lot of people

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a false implication against eternal life in Christ.
Eternal irrevocable salvation is biblical. What is not biblical is detractors stating eternal salvation means believers can do whatever they like and remain saved.

And I'll tell you, eternally saved, OSAS , Christians know that!
1 John 3
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

That passage alone revokes detractors of OSAS, eternal irrevocable salvation, argument that states OSAS is false because for it to be true its believers would necessarily rest assured they could sin like the Dickens and still see heaven.
And that's why eternal irrevocable salvation by God is untrue!

In reality that argument in any form is a disguise. A ruse. That its propagators use in order to deny the Gospel itself.

A realistic conclusion to arrive at because the detractors ruse is antithetical to the Gospel itself.
They argue, salvation=a license to sin.

And that's obvious because salvation is from what? Sin.

The protestation against salvation, which is by definition eternal (OSAS), irrevocable eternal salvation, that isn't our gift to ourselves by choice but is a free irrevocable gift of God, is a license to sin is actually an argument against Messiah, Jesus, his crucifixion, and the new covenant his blood sealed.

Because Jesus said he gives us eternal life! Which means we don't suffer the second death.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." Luke 6:1

Jesus said salvation is a gift of God! Not of ourselves!
The argument that says we have to strive to remain saved negates the security of eternal salvation. And thinking eternal salvation is a license to sin is evidence the proponents of the argument are unaware
of what salvation is.

When I speak of OSAS I am referring of the false teaching that the blood of Jesus covers the sin we commit and keeps us saved. That is a fallacy. We must take responsibility for keeping the commandments of Jesus. And that is easy since Jesus put His own Spirit inside us to cause us to not sin.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can assemble yourselves any time in any way we want, which incidentally the 4th commandment has nothing to say about. It does however make it unshakeably clear that we are to remember the 7th day ....and it gives the reasons. If you don't like them or the day for that matter you need to take it up with God....but as far as instruction goes and its reason, the Commandment is crystal clear.

Incidentally, had people remembered, ie, not forgotten God's day given us, Mr Charlie Darwin's ideas would never have got off the ground, however in forgetting, people set themselves up to believe a lie.

I don't have anything against you keeping the letter of the law that kills. That is perfectly your right. And as long as you do so to honor God, He doesn't have anything against you keeping the 7th day either. But you really need to learn why we should put Jesus BEFORE a day. That is why the New Covenant doesn't have a law to keep any day holy. Some put Sunday, but that isn't a law either. Both Saturday pointing to Jesus as Creator, and Sunday pointing to Jesus' resurrection and ours as a result are both honoring God. So either one is honoring God and is not an issue with Him. But God does want us to study and show ourselves approved, and learning the truth about the significance of what the Sabbath stood for, meaning WHO it pointed to and knowing that having that WHO inside us is the ultimate goal in learning the truth is the best honor we can give God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree. That is a doctrine of Satan....we are all evil! Just go on and sin all you want! Cause Christ was nailed to the cross so we could go on sinning and sinning! You are better off converting witchcraft dude!
I'm sorry your hearing is so poor Gh because I'm not saying what you're hearing.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have anything against you keeping the letter of the law that kills. That is perfectly your right. And as long as you do so to honor God, He doesn't have anything against you keeping the 7th day either. But you really need to learn why we should put Jesus BEFORE a day. That is why the New Covenant doesn't have a law to keep any day holy. Some put Sunday, but that isn't a law either. Both Saturday pointing to Jesus as Creator, and Sunday pointing to Jesus' resurrection and ours as a result are both honoring God. So either one is honoring God and is not an issue with Him. But God does want us to study and show ourselves approved, and learning the truth about the significance of what the Sabbath stood for, meaning WHO it pointed to and knowing that having that WHO inside us is the ultimate goal in learning the truth is the best honor we can give God.
Would you like to joins a few of us in a zoom meeting 1CL? Our focus is on Jesus where we discover many treasures.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't. I don't have a cell phone, and my monitor on my computer doesn't have a camera. I don't like big brother being able to see what I'm not wearing. ;)
ok matey...no problems, I understand.
Here is a link to podcasts of some of the topics we discuss...maybe you can access that. No personal details are needed to listen.
ReDiscovering God

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord's Day is used only once in all of scripture. Revelation 1:10 - Using the Bible to define itself, we go to Isaiah 58:13 to find out what Day that is referring to.
No. We do not go to Isaiah (a reference to the 7th day Sabbath) since the Lord's Day (the eighth day) is unique to the New Testament and the New Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.