The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aw yes....the child molester made a saint by Christ.....awww aren't they sweet!

"And to the spirits of just men made perfect - Not only to the more eminent saints - the “church of the firstborn” - but to “all” who were made perfect in heaven. They were not only united with the imperfect Christians on earth, but with those who have become completely delivered from sin, and admitted to the world of glory. This is a consideration which ought to influence the minds of all believers. They are even now united with “all” the redeemed in heaven. They should so live as not to be separated from them in the final day. Most Christians have among the redeemed already not a few of their most tenderly beloved friends. A father may be there; a mother, a sister, a smiling babe. It should be a powerful motive with us so to live as to be prepared to be reunited with them in heaven."
Hebrews 12 - Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

Hebrews 12:23
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

I haven't met anyone who was perfect yet, have you? I suppose I have talked with some who thought they were perfect. That's another story.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to disavow the law entirely to be in violation of James 2:10.
I understand now. Thank you.

FB, the argument is always whatever kind of theological parkour you want it to be. :rolleyes:
Yes, but I think we should always make sure we understand the argument we are resisting.

Just as the arguments vary in one point or another on the sabbath keeping side of things, so it is that the opposing arguments to sabbath keeping vary in one point or another.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And to the spirits of just men made perfect - Not only to the more eminent saints - the “church of the firstborn” - but to “all” who were made perfect in heaven. They were not only united with the imperfect Christians on earth, but with those who have become completely delivered from sin, and admitted to the world of glory. This is a consideration which ought to influence the minds of all believers. They are even now united with “all” the redeemed in heaven. They should so live as not to be separated from them in the final day. Most Christians have among the redeemed already not a few of their most tenderly beloved friends. A father may be there; a mother, a sister, a smiling babe. It should be a powerful motive with us so to live as to be prepared to be reunited with them in heaven."
Hebrews 12 - Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

Hebrews 12:23
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

I haven't met anyone who was perfect yet, have you? I suppose I have talked with some who thought they were perfect. That's another story.

No one is perfect and no not everyone is evil. Free-will is what matters to God and that we choose Him. We worship Him of our own free-will and do our best in life.....those that are good and do good will be with Christ in heaven....those that don't will be with Satan in hell. Doing the screaming choir!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can assemble yourselves any time in any way we want, which incidentally the 4th commandment has nothing to say about.
The sabbath being a holy convocation is found in another part of the law.

"...the seventh day is a Sabbath of complete rest, a day of sacred assembly." Leviticus 23:3

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you a Jew?
If you know something about the Law, can you separate 10 laws out of the 613 Mosaic Laws to observe. What happens to you if you do?
It appears you confuse the laws of Moses with Gods 10 commandments?

Of course the law of commandments in ordinances have been abolished at the cross

However Jesus taught and enforced the 10 commandments, that includes the 7th day sabbath which is eternal

Isaiah 66:22-23KJV
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten moral statements in chapter 20 are not the Ten Commandments and no one seems to be interested in what they actually are.
"and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets" Deuteronomy 5:22

"The Lord wrote on these tablets what he had written before, the ten commandments" Deuteronomy 10:4

"I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets" Exodus 34:1

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God didn't just speak the 10 Commandments at Mt. Sanai.
Immediately after delivering the 10 Commandments God gave Moses the rest of the law to give to the people:

22Then the LORD said to Moses, “This is what you are to tell the Israelites..." Exodus 20:22

1“These are the ordinances that you are to set before them..." Exodus 21:1

3When Moses came and told the people all the words and ordinances of the LORD, they all responded with one voice: “All the words that the LORD has spoken, we will do.”4And Moses wrote down all the words of the LORD. Exodus 24:3-4

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God didn't just speak the 10 Commandments at Mt. Sanai.
Immediately after delivering the 10 Commandments God gave Moses the rest of the law to give to the people:

22Then the LORD said to Moses, “This is what you are to tell the Israelites..." Exodus 20:22

1“These are the ordinances that you are to set before them..." Exodus 21:1

3When Moses came and told the people all the words and ordinances of the LORD, they all responded with one voice: “All the words that the LORD has spoken, we will do.”4And Moses wrote down all the words of the LORD. Exodus 24:3-4
I never stated the law in ordinances wasn't given, commonly referred to as the (Law Of Moses) however they have been nailed to the cross, abolished

Ephesians 2:15KJV
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am not confused and you are not confused. You just do not care enough to study.
There is only one set of Laws that God called the Ten Commandments. There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Be sure to observe what I command you this day...

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel. And they are not in chapter 20 of Exodus.

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the two Tablets of the Testimony.

So he (Moses) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

And you guys are not even discussing the actual Ten Commandments.

It is so silly! If you knew what the ten moral statements in chapter 20 was about, you would know why the statements were mentioned in the New Testament. I say the statements are mentioned, not the phrase Ten Commandment. The phrase Ten commandments appear three times early on in the Old Testaments and then never again....for a reason. That means never in the New Testament. Some of the statement are mentioned, but there is a reasons for that, as I said.

However Jesus taught and enforced the 10 commandments, that includes the 7th day sabbath which is eternal

Again the moral statements that are in chapter 20 are not the Ten Commandments. Do you think you will ever figure this out. And the Mosaic Law is still in force.....for the Jews....not Christians. The Bible never said that Christians were required to observe the Sabbath. The judaizers were saying they had to, but that matter was settled between Paul and James at the meeting in Jerusalem.

And again you say the Sabbath....do you know how to observe the Sabbath?.....Oh it sounds good....looking for the approval of men. Try seeking the truth! God might appreciate the effort.

But since you refuse to study, you are not going to know. Most of this stuff is not rocket science if you just gave it a little effort.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets" Deuteronomy 5:22

"The Lord wrote on these tablets what he had written before, the ten commandments" Deuteronomy 10:4

"I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets" Exodus 34:1

You got quite the circle thing going on there. The Bible never says that God wrote the ten moral statements in chapter 20 on the first set of Tablets. There would be no reason because they are not part of the Mosaic Law. Those moral statements are explained in more detail later on in the Mosaic Law. If you are going to talk about the Mosaic Law, will somebody please learn the Mosaic Law....I do find humor in the ignorance but come on!
The only laws that God called the Ten Commandments are in chapter 34. Slow learner?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got quite the circle thing going on there. The Bible never says that God wrote the ten moral statements in chapter 20 on the first set of Tablets. There would be no reason because they are not part of the Mosaic Law. Those moral statements are explained in more detail later on in the Mosaic Law. If you are going to talk about the Mosaic Law, will somebody please learn the Mosaic Law....I do find humor in the ignorance but come on!
The only laws that God called the Ten Commandments are in chapter 34. Slow learner?
The ten moral statements written and grace on stone. Given to moses, when he was up on the mountain. In which when he came down. His face shone. So that people were afraid. They were of course called the tablets of testimony then’

Exodus 34: 29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him. 30 So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.

These same tablets are called the ministry of death. And also the ministry of condemnation Engraved in stone we are told by paul are passing away tand leading to a more glorious covenant

2 Cor 3: 7 But if the ministry of death, written andengraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains ismuch more glorious.

Whats sad is people think these commands are the way to righteousness. When they are the testimony of how unrighteous we are. Which is why they are called the tablets of testimony which by the way were also placed in the ark of the covenant. As a testimony of the sin of the people. In their failure to meet Gods requirement.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not confused and you are not confused. You just do not care enough to study.
There is only one set of Laws that God called the Ten Commandments. There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Be sure to observe what I command you this day...

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel. And they are not in chapter 20 of Exodus.

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the two Tablets of the Testimony.

So he (Moses) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

And you guys are not even discussing the actual Ten Commandments.

It is so silly! If you knew what the ten moral statements in chapter 20 was about, you would know why the statements were mentioned in the New Testament. I say the statements are mentioned, not the phrase Ten Commandment. The phrase Ten commandments appear three times early on in the Old Testaments and then never again....for a reason. That means never in the New Testament. Some of the statement are mentioned, but there is a reasons for that, as I said.

Again the moral statements that are in chapter 20 are not the Ten Commandments. Do you think you will ever figure this out. And the Mosaic Law is still in force.....for the Jews....not Christians. The Bible never said that Christians were required to observe the Sabbath. The judaizers were saying they had to, but that matter was settled between Paul and James at the meeting in Jerusalem.

And again you say the Sabbath....do you know how to observe the Sabbath?.....Oh it sounds good....looking for the approval of men. Try seeking the truth! God might appreciate the effort.

But since you refuse to study, you are not going to know. Most of this stuff is not rocket science if you just gave it a little effort.
Exodus 20:6KJV
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:21KJV
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 14:12KJV
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is your post, Rob.

Here is my response where I corrected your basis for asking the question.
This thread is about the 10 Commandments, not about the Sabbath.

Many are trying to derail this thread by focusing on the Sabbath. That is not what this thread is about.

The Sabbath is implied among the 10 Commandments. All the Commandments are still valid. It is silly to try and make the claim that ONE of them is no longer valid. Period.

Thanks for your response Gen

Reactions: GEN2REV

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is your post, Rob.

Here is my response where I corrected your basis for asking the question.
This thread is about the 10 Commandments, not about the Sabbath.

Many are trying to derail this thread by focusing on the Sabbath. That is not what this thread is about.

The Sabbath is implied among the 10 Commandments. All the Commandments are still valid. It is silly to try and make the claim that ONE of them is no longer valid. Period.
I agree 100%, 10 commandments are in effect today not 9

I studied and found the Sabbath day was changed in 321 AD by Roman Emperor Constantine, he created Sunday as the day of rest for the Roman Empire, and it's with us today

Wikipedia: Sol Invictus
Constantine decreed (March 7, 321) dies solis — the day of the Sun, "Sunday" — as the Roman day of rest

On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for grain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already explained that the Lord's Day is the Christian Sabbath, and I observe that as did the apostles and the apostolic churches. You will not find a single verse in the NT indicating that Christians were observing the 7th day Sabbath.

Yes sir, we agree that Christians are not obligated to observe the 7th day Sabbath. We are in fact still in the 7th day Sabbath of God however Heb 4:3-6, at least we were at the time that was penned.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20:6KJV
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:21KJV
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 14:12KJV
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

No wonder you are so confused!
How long would it take to straight this all out!?
It really would be easier for you to convert to Judaism.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. We do not go to Isaiah (a reference to the 7th day Sabbath)
The Lord's Day is used once in scripture. The only verse in scripture that defines what day that is, is the only one that shows God saying MY Holy Day. That be Isaiah 58:13.

the Lord's Day (the eighth day)
Sorry, but you don't choose what scripture means. Scripture, God's Word, defines it.

Book, chapter and verse to prove your opinion?
[The Lord's Day] is unique to the New Testament and the New Covenant.
It's only used in the NT, that is a fact. Revelation 1:10 You have not even made the slightest case, beyond your opinion, of what scripture is referring to with that term.

Modern Mainstream Churchianity, so traditional doctrines of men, have claimed it means Sunday. There is zero evidence in scripture to prove that. At times, you stand solidly on scriptural proof to make your points. When it suits you, there is no proof necessary besides 'YOU say so.'

As far as the New Covenant goes, that is about God putting a heart of flesh into us, writing the 10 Commandments on our heart which gives us the innate desire to obey them and giving us the Holy Spirit to help us obey them. That's it.
Ezekiel 36:26
Jeremiah 31:33
Hebrews 10:16
That's all that is different from the Old Covenant (Old Testament) to the New. There is nothing anywhere in scripture that states we are to stop obeying them. On the contrary. If it was you that stated the absence of information is a significant indicator of doctrine, the very fact that there is zero scripture telling us to stop obeying the Commandments, is proof that we are never to stop.

The OT tells us time and again to obey them forever and always and if that's the case, there would need to be some very heavy, dramatic and repeated scripture to make clear we are to stop. There is nothing that even closely resembles that anywhere.

"Therefore thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep ... His Commandments, always."
Deuteronomy 11:1

Does always sound like 'til the end of time to you?

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wonder you are so confused!
How long would it take to straight this all out!?
It really would be easier for you to convert to Judaism.
I'm a Jew, how about you?

Romans 2:28-29KJV
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV
Status
Not open for further replies.