The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, we agree that Christians are not obligated to observe the 7th day Sabbath. We are in fact still in the 7th day Sabbath of God however Heb 4:3-6, at least we were at the time that was penned.
So many who don't agree with observing the 7th Day Sabbath (for the record, there is no such thing as Sunday, 8th Day, Sabbath), they always make it about obligation. "We are not obligated, Christians aren't obligated... etc."

Though I do believe the Commandments, all of them, are an obligation to God, as scripture makes plain, (Revelation 14:12) I do not believe that's what it's about to those who keep it. The Pharisees, and Sadducees saw it, and treated it, as an obligation, a miserable chore that they had to suffer through to be worthy.

That's just not the case for those who have been given a heart of flesh, had the Commandments written on their hearts, been given the innate desire to obey and given a new spirit to cause them to do all these things. If one doesn't have the desire to obey the Sabbath, or any of the Commandments for that matter, they are not regenerated. Scripture makes that plain.

Sabbath Keepers enjoy spending their Saturday with the Lord, in His Word and keeping Him in their minds and hearts all that day.
Isaiah 58:13

If one doesn't enjoy obeying the Lord in all that He has commanded, they may need to really do some soul searching.

God doesn't take bribes. Deuteronomy 10:17 You can't just go through the motions as a deal with God to get what you want from Him. It doesn't work that way. If you don't fully commit your heart and soul to Him, not only will He not give you His promised protection and provision, but you will not even desire to do the things He wants you to do.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, we agree that Christians are not obligated to observe the 7th day Sabbath. We are in fact still in the 7th day Sabbath of God however Heb 4:3-6, at least we were at the time that was penned.
I think your church says that that each Creation day was 7000 years. (3500 years of darkness, 3500 years of light per day) The Bible says He rested on the 7th day (Where did you guys get each day as 7000 years, anyway?)

upload_2022-1-22_9-25-58.png

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many who don't agree with observing the 7th Day Sabbath (for the record, there is no such thing as Sunday, 8th Day, Sabbath), they always make it about obligation. "We are not obligated, Christians aren't obligated... etc."

Though I do believe the Commandments, all of them, are an obligation to God, as scripture makes plain, (Revelation 14:12) I do not believe that's what it's about to those who keep it. The Pharisees, and Sadducees saw it, and treated it, as an obligation, a miserable chore that they had to suffer through to be worthy.

That's just not the case for those who have been given a heart of flesh, had the Commandments written on their hearts, been given the innate desire to obey and given a new spirit to cause them to do all these things. If one doesn't have the desire to obey the Sabbath, or any of the Commandments for that matter, they are not regenerated. Scripture makes that plain.

Sabbath Keepers enjoy spending their Saturday with the Lord, in His Word and keeping Him in their minds and hearts all that day.

If one doesn't enjoy obeying the Lord in all that He has commanded, they may need to really do some soul searching.

God doesn't take bribes. Deuteronomy 10:17 You can't just go through the motions as a deal with God to get what you want from Him. It doesn't work that way. If you don't fully commit your heart and soul to Him, not only will He not give you His promised protection and provision, but you will not even desire to do the things He wants you to do.

Well which Sabbath should we observe....Yep there is a choice!

Should we observe the Torah Sabbath?
Should we observe the First Temple Sabbath?
Should we observe the Second Temple Sabbath?
Should we observe the modern Jewish Sabbath?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible never says that God wrote the ten moral statements in chapter 20 on the first set of Tablets.
This is where the Bible tells us what God wrote on the first set of tablets:

7You shall have no other gods before Me.c8You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath. 9You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10but showing loving devotion to a thousand generationsd of those who love Me and keep My commandments.11You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave anyone unpunished who takes His name in vain.12Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. 13Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God, on which you must not do any work—neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox or donkey or any of your livestock, nor the foreigner within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest as you do. 15Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. That is why the LORD your God has commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.16Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.e17You shall not murder.f18You shall not commit adultery.g19You shall not steal.h20You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.i21You shall not covetj your neighbor’s wife. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house or field, or his manservant or maidservant, or his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

22The LORD spoke these commandments in a loud voice to your whole assembly out of the fire, the cloud, and the deep darkness on the mountain; He added nothing more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
Deuteronomy 5:7-22
This is where the Bible says what was written on the 2nd set of Tablets, and who wrote it:

"3So I made an ark of acacia wood, chiseled out two stone tablets like the originals, and went up the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. 4And the LORD wrote on the tablets what had been written previously, the Ten Commandmentsa that He had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly. The LORD gave them to me, 5and I went back down the mountain and placed the tablets in the ark " Deuteronomy 10:3-5

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where the Bible tells us what God wrote on the first set of tablets:

7You shall have no other gods before Me.c8You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath. 9You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on their children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10but showing loving devotion to a thousand generationsd of those who love Me and keep My commandments.11You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave anyone unpunished who takes His name in vain.12Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. 13Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God, on which you must not do any work—neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox or donkey or any of your livestock, nor the foreigner within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest as you do. 15Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. That is why the LORD your God has commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.16Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.e17You shall not murder.f18You shall not commit adultery.g19You shall not steal.h20You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.i21You shall not covetj your neighbor’s wife. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house or field, or his manservant or maidservant, or his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

22The LORD spoke these commandments in a loud voice to your whole assembly out of the fire, the cloud, and the deep darkness on the mountain; He added nothing more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
This is where the Bible says what was written on the 2nd set of Tablets, and who wrote it:

"3So I made an ark of acacia wood, chiseled out two stone tablets like the originals, and went up the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. 4And the LORD wrote on the tablets what had been written previously, the Ten Commandmentsa that He had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly. The LORD gave them to me, 5and I went back down the mountain and placed the tablets in the ark " Deuteronomy 10:3-5

Just no.
Deuteronomy is a contradiction to the events that occurred and the words that came out of God's mouth. Between Moses and God, I will go with God. It is an inaccurate description of the first trip to Mt. Sinai that ended with breaking the Covenant. And it mingles the events of both trips.

Deuteronomy 5:22-27 It is easy to see that this is a description of the first event.
22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly at the mountain from the midst of the fire, of the cloud and of the thick gloom, with a great voice, and He added no more. He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me. 23 And when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders. 24 You said, ‘Behold, the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives. 25 Now then why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any longer, then we will die. 26 For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? 27 Go near and hear all that the Lord our God says; then speak to us all that the Lord our God speaks to you, and we will hear and do it.’

And if you notice Moses changed things around in the so called 10th Commandment.

If it confuses you....I can't help it. If it make you feel better, it confused the Israelites and Jews to. They still debate this today. Still the words of God stand in clear and present truth. He spoke the the commandments to Moses that would set the covenant and told Moses to write them on the tablets, the Ten Commandments. Simple as that.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only laws that God called the Ten Commandments are in chapter 34. Slow learner?
No, what God wrote on the 1st set of Tablets back in the beginning in Exodus 20 are the 10 Commandments:

"4 ...the LORD wrote on the tablets what had been written previously, the Ten Commandmentsa that He had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly. The LORD gave them to me, 5and I went back down the mountain and placed the tablets in the ark " Deuteronomy 10:4-5

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the two Tablets of the Testimony.
God wrote on the second set what was on the first set, not Moses.

"4And the LORD wrote on the tablets what had been written previously, the Ten Commandmentsa that He had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly. The LORD gave them to me, 5and I went back down the mountain and placed the tablets in the ark" Deuteronomy 10:4-5
And, what he wrote are the Ten Commandments we know today, not what you say are the Ten Commandments.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, observed in grace, as Jesus walked and picked corn, and healed the sick on the Sabbath

Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

Reactions: Grailhunter

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God makes clear, to those who are capable of understanding, what He is pleased for them to do.

YOU don't have to observe anything, Grail. You will make an excuse, and create an argument, no matter what evidence is presented to you. So problem solved. You're off the hook.

Enjoy living how YOU choose to live. God has given you free-will in order that you show Him your TRUE colors; so that you will reveal whether you are OF Him or not. Whether you are in the True Vine or the False.

Your conduct in this thread alone has spoken volumes. You will NOT be told how to live by anyone, least of all God; and you will NOT obey any Commandments or observe any day besides those days, for those reasons, that YOU say.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God makes clear, to those who are capable of understanding, what He is pleased for them to do.

YOU don't have to observe anything, Grail. You will make an excuse, and create an argument, no matter what evidence is presented to you. So problem solved. You're off the hook.

Enjoy living how YOU choose to live. God has given you free-will in order that you show Him your TRUE colors; so that you will reveal whether you are OF Him or not. Whether you are in the True Vine or the False.

Your conduct in this thread alone has spoken volumes. You will NOT be told how to live by anyone, least of all God; and you will NOT obey any Commandments or observe any day besides those days, for those reasons, that YOU say.

You know what is wrong with your posts, GEN2REV? I do.

You don't use a bigger font and you don't bold all your posts. If you did, maybe people would think you were the authority. Or maybe it would help you think you were

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one is perfect and no not everyone is evil. Free-will is what matters to God and that we choose Him. We worship Him of our own free-will and do our best in life.....those that are good and do good will be with Christ in heaven....those that don't will be with Satan in hell. Doing the screaming choir!
So are you good then? Do you ever sin?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We don't esteem one day above another.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm a Jew, how about you?

Romans 2:28-29KJV
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Looking for context as to who Paul was talking to I saw this
"
Romans 2:17
Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

So it seems like he was talking to Jews there. So, in context the verse you cites seems to be saying, basically, 'You natural children of Abraham and Jacob are not real Jews unless your heart is right, not the skin on your penis'
I would not take that verse alone to mean that all people on earth who get saved are then Jews.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what is wrong with your posts, GEN2REV? I do.

You don't use a bigger font and you don't bold all your posts. If you did, maybe people would think you were the authority. Or maybe it would help you think you were
Hmmm... hard to tell what spirit you are coming from with that post, but I take it as a compliment.

Thank you. I completely agree.

Besides the implication that I somehow need to enlarge or bold, but I do sometimes. And isn't it interesting that 99% of those who enlarge their font regularly, and color their type, are all in the same gang and preach the same nonsense. They're almost all naysayers.

I don't feel the need to enlarge my font or color my posts because the vast majority of what I post is directly from scripture. God's Words need no emphasis. He doesn't force His will on anybody.

Having said that, every time the Pharisees and Sadducees attempted to publicly trip-up Jesus in His words, to make a mockery of Him and His Truth, He had zero mercy in His utter humiliation of them for their efforts. With their haughty level of pride, you can bet that stung.

When somebody continuously speaks against the Truth of God, they deserve whatever admonishment they get in return; whether it be from Him directly or through one of His faithful servants.

Don't speak against the Truth of God Almighty. My efforts to set you straight pale in comparison to what you will get in the end.

God bless.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Silly question....Do you masturbate?
Some people here seem to think their ship don't sink. When we talk about how we should try to do good, we should try to avoid making it sound (to those who don't know God or the bible so well) like our woks save us or keep us saved, or help save us etc. The work of God is to believe in Jesus.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what God wrote on the 1st set of Tablets back in the beginning in Exodus 20 are the 10 Commandments:

"4 ...the LORD wrote on the tablets what had been written previously, the Ten Commandmentsa that He had spoken to you on the mountain out of the fire on the day of the assembly. The LORD gave them to me, 5and I went back down the mountain and placed the tablets in the ark " Deuteronomy 10:4-5

I am thinking it would be easier to knock a horse out and but him on cart to lead him to water.

Find the phrase Ten Commandments before chapter 34 of Exodus.

Because the ten morals statements in chapter 20 are not called the Ten Commandments in Exodus....you cannot come up with a scripture that specifically states, And God wrote them on the Tablets, Exodus. I can come up with scriptures that He stated 10 commandments, He said these commandment form a covenant with Israel and He told Moses to write them on the tablets....and then called them the Ten Commandments.

What is the wrong way to study the Bible....
1. Go to the Bible with personal beliefs and try to find the scriptures to support your beliefs.
2. Go to the Bible with preconceived notions.
And this one is the funny for the Bible only people...
3. Do not include theological buzzwords or phrases that are not in the Bible in your beliefs....remember Bible only.....all of them were created by men after the biblical era and most of these theological terms are wrong, false, or an intent to deceive.
4. Do not believe traditions or stories or songs until you have time to verify them.....most are wrong.

Write here is why you have so many Protestant religions....the people that formed these denominations... made these mistakes. And there were other mistakes too of course.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God does.

Genesis 2:2-3
Isaiah 56:2, 6
Revelation 1:10
Since you are not God, that is not your business.
And so do all His true disciples.
Luke 23:56
If I were in some sections of Jerusalem on a Saturday and decided not to drive to some business that day due to local laws and restrictions etc would that make me esteem Sat above other days? No. It would mean that I was trying to obey the laws. My heart and mind and soul might not agree. If I went to New York the next week, and could travel on Sat for other business, I would do it. So the verse you cited has nothing to do with 'all His 'true' disciples' thinking one day must be esteemed above another. In fact Jesus and His disciples did all sorts of things on the Sabbath, showing He is Lord of that day also. Come to think of it, one big trait of the Pharisees was that they did give phony respect to the sabbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.