The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am saying the Bible does not say where the paradise was that Christ was referring to that day.
He could have said, You will be with me in heaven or be with Me and the Father.
Wherever it was does not matter. Jesus was there that day! When we die as believers we go to be with Him where He is.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherever it was does not matter. Jesus was there that day! When we die as believers we go to be with Him where He is.

Some believe that when you die you are not conscience until resurrected for Judgement Day.
Some believe that you go to heaven or hell right away.
I believe that depending on the circumstances either is possible. But....I do not have a lot of scriptures to back that up.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some believe that when you die you are not conscience until resurrected for Judgement Day.
Some believe that you go to heaven or hell right away.
I believe that depending on the circumstances either is possible. But....I do not have a lot of scriptures to back that up.
Not something the bible really wonders about. Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus, quite conscious. The rich man and Lazarus were conscious after they died. When we die we go to be with Him. So even if paradise was some place under the earth that was temporary, Jesus went there and so did the thief on the cross that day. That means the thief went to be where Jesus was. If Jesus went elsewhere later, the thief would also.
When Jesus comes from heaven back to earth, His saints come with Him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not something the bible really wonders about. Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus, quite conscious. The rich man and Lazarus were conscious after they died. When we die we go to be with Him. So even if paradise was some place under the earth that was temporary, Jesus went there and so did the thief on the cross that day. That means the thief went to be where Jesus was. If Jesus went elsewhere later, the thief would also.

That I agree with. One thing we can be confident in....the thief on the cross, did not go to hell.
Wonder is a good thing.
The Jews were not that big into the spiritual and neither were the Romans. So I wonder if that is the reason that the Bible does not get into the details of Heaven and how it is and what we will being doing, and the same thing goes for hell.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evidence points to Moses having been resurrected at the protest of Satan (who no doubt argued Moses was guilty of sin and therefore deserved the same fate as he) and Elijah never died.

If the Rich Man and Lazarus is literal, there arise much confusion and contradiction.

Paradise is not down, but up, according to comparative Scripture.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand now. Thank you.

Yes, but I think we should always make sure we understand the argument we are resisting.

Just as the arguments vary in one point or another on the sabbath keeping side of things, so it is that the opposing arguments to sabbath keeping vary in one point or another.
The worst part of this COVID stuff is the nagging crankiness, I think. :mad::D

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That I agree with. One thing we can be confident in....the thief on the cross, did not go to hell.
Wonder is a good thing.
The Jews were not that big into the spiritual and neither were the Romans. So I wonder if that is the reason that the Bible does not get into the details of Heaven and how it is and what we will being doing, and the same thing goes for hell.
Maybe to some extent.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more than one way to get to heaven. God the Father and God the Son have the right and power to make special exceptions....
Who ARE you ... ?

Alternative 10 Commandments...

More than one way to get to heaven...

You're a shyster and a snake-oil salesman.

You're a canine in wool.
Matthew 7:15

You're a thief and a robber.
John 10:1

Reactions: Oceanprayers

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The evidence points to Moses having been resurrected at the protest of Satan (who no doubt argued Moses was guilty of sin and therefore deserved the same fate as he) and Elijah never died.
Maybe we should not confuse 'the evidence' with 'one particular theory'. Satan may protest if he likes, he doesn't really get a vote.
If the Rich Man and Lazarus is literal, there arise much confusion and contradiction.
I see none at all. Perhaps it conflicts with your theory. Easily solved. Dump the theory.
Paradise is not down, but up, according to comparative Scripture.
So? The point was that wherever it was (and Jesus did go into the heart of the earth) who really cares? Being with Him and saved is what matters.
I notice people are in heaven and very conscious also. They were crying out for revenge to God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who ARE you ... ?

Alternative 10 Commandments...

More than one way to get to heaven...

You're a shyster and a snake-oil salesman.

You're a canine in wool.
Matthew 7:15

You're a thief and a robber.
John 10:1

LOL
More than one way to get to heaven...Enoch and Elijah and the thief on the cross...no repentance, no baptism, no bread and wine ritual.

And it you guys that have the alternative Ten Commandments....I have the set that God called the Ten Commandment, The Ten Commandment that set the covenant, the Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the two Tablets of the Testimony.

But I man not going to call you a shyster, or canine or thief.....I could say ignorant of the scriptures but a good student of popular opinion.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I speak of OSAS I am referring of the false teaching that the blood of Jesus covers the sin we commit and keeps us saved. That is a fallacy. We must take responsibility for keeping the commandments of Jesus. And that is easy since Jesus put His own Spirit inside us to cause us to not sin.
Isaiah 53:4-6 NIV
"4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all."

2 Corinthians 5:21

Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

1 John 1:7-9 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

What Does the Bible Say About Jesus Blood?

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think anyone needs to practice to sin. Even when we practice not sinning, as Paul said, we fail.
This commentary explains it fairly well.

If we say that we have no sin,.... Notwithstanding believers are cleansed from their sins by the blood of Christ, yet they are not without sin; no man is without sin: this is not only true of all men, as they come into the world, being conceived in sin, and shapen in iniquity, and of all that are in a state of unregeneracy, and of God's elect, while in such a state, but even of all regenerated and sanctified persons in this life; as appears by the ingenuous confessions of sin made by the saints in all ages; by their complaints concerning it, and groans under it; by the continual war in them between flesh and spirit; and by their prayers for the discoveries of pardoning grace, and for the fresh application of Christ's blood for cleansing; by their remissness in the discharge of duty, and by their frequent slips and falls, and often backslidings: and though their sins are all pardoned, and they are justified from all things by the righteousness of Christ, yet they are not without sin; though they are freed from the guilt of sin, and are under no obligation to punishment on account of it, yet not from the being of it; their sins were indeed transferred from them to Christ, and he has bore them, and took them and put them away, and they are redeemed from them, and are acquitted, discharged, and pardoned, so that sin is not imputed to them, and God sees no iniquity in them in the article of justification; and also, their iniquities are caused to pass from them, as to the guilt of them, and are taken out of their sight, and they have no more conscience of them, having their hearts sprinkled and purged by the blood of Jesus, and are clear of all condemnation, the curse of the law, the wrath of God, or the second death, by reason of them; yet pardon of sin, and justification from it, though they take away the guilt of sin, and free from obligation to punishment, yet they do not take out the being of sin, or cause it to cease to act, or do not make sins cease to be sins, or change the nature of actions, of sinful ones, to make them harmless, innocent, or indifferent; the sins of believers are equally sins with other persons, are of the same kind and nature, and equally transgressions of the law, and many of them are attended with more aggravating circumstances, and are taken notice of by God, and resented by him, and for which he chastises his people in love: now though a believer may say that he has not this or that particular sin, or is not guilty of this or that sin, for he has the seeds of all sin in him, yet he cannot say he has no sin; and though he may truly say he shall have no sin, for in the other state the being and principle of sin will be removed, and the saints will be perfectly holy in themselves, yet he cannot, in this present life, say that he is without it: if any of us who profess to be cleansed from sin by the blood of Christ should affirm this.."
1 John 1 - Gill's Exposition of the Whole Bible - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

So we need to balance how John said no one can say he has no sin, and how he said those that sin are not of god. I find a good balance is to look at the main points of that chapter (1 Jn 3) one of the ways we know people have toe sort of sin he is talking about there is when they are unloving to brothers and sisters. Another major point is that His commandment is to believe. How then do we keep that commandment? Simple, we believe, and then we are not breaking His commandment.

No, they probably, like me, are thinking of something more like 'we do the best we can, and ask for forgiveness as Jesus said (those who never sin would need no forgiving), even many many times as necessary. Being saved is not a license to pretend we never sin and are better than others!

"Being saved is not a license to pretend we never sin and are better than others!"
If you call yourself a sinner when caring yourself a Christian, you're wrong about the latter and correct about the former.
Because you're saying Jesus death was of no effect.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 53:4-6 NIV
"4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all."

2 Corinthians 5:21

Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

1 John 1:7-9 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

What Does the Bible Say About Jesus Blood?

The blood of Jesus TAKES AWAY OUR SIN AND CLEANSES US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. This is when we receive the Spirit of Christ who never sinned. His nature is given to us and we have the mind of Christ.

I didn't click on what looked like a link. I've gotten viruses that way.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right.

They were claiming that all mankind's names are written in the Book of Life; including the non-Elect.

That verse proves otherwise.
True. I think by now we're becoming very aware there is an intention to corrupt the truth of the Gospel and lead people astray.

They don't believe now but come God's judgement they shall, and far too late

Reactions: GEN2REV

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Being saved is not a license to pretend we never sin and are better than others!"
If you call yourself a sinner when caring yourself a Christian, you're wrong about the latter and correct about the former.
Because you're saying Jesus death was of no effect.
Did Jesus die to save us from our sin or in our sin?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or that Jesus warned in Matthew 24:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Why did He say this, knowing that He would have died before this happened? So does that mean there was still a sabbath day after he died?

Hmmmmmmm..........
I think Jesus fully expected His Christian followers to keep the Sabbath after His death. If not, He never gave any intimation otherwise b/c they wouldn't even embalm Him on the Sabbath, and when they went to finish the burial work on Sunday, He'd already risen.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More than one way to get to heaven...Enoch and Elijah and the thief on the cross...no repentance, no baptism, no bread and wine ritual.
In my Bible, JESUS is the only way. He is the Gate and the Shepherd.

They all went by Him.

Only ONE way, my ... chat forum acquaintance.

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my Bible, JESUS is the only way. He is the Gate and the Shepherd.

They all went by Him.

Only ONE way, my ... chat forum acquaintance.
So what happened with Enoch and Elijah? That is your bible too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.