The Abortion question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will venture a guess,
Either Billy Graham or Clement?
More like the stuff regularly broadcast by Sid Roth on “It’s Supernatural”. His guest interviewees regularly visit Heaven, coming back with “heavenly” messages that run contrary to a world is descending into a state of Godlessness. Becomes tiresome after while.

Reactions: Dropship

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know sid roth.
I would like to say it's a sign in the right direction... but...
I have a feeling it will get lost in the mayhem that's about to take place on the streets in the US.

We are entering the summer of love 2020 2.0
And I have a feeling this will make George Floyd pale in comparison.
Hold onto your popcorn.
Hugs

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know sid roth.
I would like to say it's a sign in the right direction... but...
I have a feeling it will get lost in the mayhem that's about to take place on the streets in the US.

We are entering the summer of love 2020 2.0
And I have a feeling this will make George Floyd pale in comparison.
Hold onto your popcorn.
Hugs
I can pick up Sid Roth broadcasts on my normal cable TV or YouTube.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and eve had to have daughters . How else could cain and others have ever had a wife .
That was how it was early on but after time it got changed my friend .
Yes you are right in order to multiply there had to have been incest, but by the time of Abraham there were non family to choose to marry.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is always a hot potato, so what does scripture and organised religion say about it, and what are forum members opinions?
My mother became preggers with me out of wedlock which was a terrible social "crime" in those far-off days and I don't know if she considered aborting me, but if she had, most friends and neighbours wouldn't have minded, but as the fetus in question I mght have minded..:)
PS- In the event she and my dad had a shotgun wedding and were together for the rest of their lives.
My daddy's paternal aunt had a child out of wedlock and was never married. She was a Southern Baptist and at the time, I think a gal was just expected to suffer the shame for-ever. Period. Jesus forgives, but people, not so much.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dropship, just a followup on what "organized religion" has to say on the subject, something Jews have dealt with for thousands of years.

The Bible says that a fetus does not become a living being until God breathes into it the Breath of Life; and accordingly rabbinical studies have declared that a fetus is not a "viable" living being while still in womb. It is just part of the mother's body. It does not become a "viable" living being until after exiting from the womb, and the umbilical cord has been severed. It is only then, that a fetus takes it's first breath and become a "viable" living being, and God breathes into it the Breath of Life, and is capable of living on it's own without being connected to the mother.
NO! Pregnancy is not the work of God. He handed that choice over to man; and has given man 9 months to choose whether he wants to go through with entire process.
An opinion agreed upon by many is not a fact, however forcefully and brashly stated.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bwahahahaa.. Thanks for the laugh Stan.

Pax et Bonum
I don’t have a problem with government stepping in to suppress a bunch of truck driver anarchists who want to overthrow and take over the government, including Trudeau. If they don’t like Trudeau, as a nation, we have chosen a democratic system to take care of that! And I am looking forward to the day when we see the last of Trudeau!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daddy's paternal aunt had a child out of wedlock and was never married. She was a Southern Baptist and at the time, I think a gal was just expected to suffer the shame for-ever. Period. Jesus forgives, but people, not so much.
At the time I was pregnant I was in the 8th grade. The school wouldn't let me return because of the "image" I may create among other young girls.
I ended up dropping out. But I later got my GED and did go to a Liberal college for 1 year. Which I had to quit because it ewas either go to school or lose my job. I kept my job.
But yeah, the stigma was with me for a couple years. Everybody looking at you and judging you.
Life goes on.
:D
Hugs

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presented the Scriptural position on abortion in posting #5. Until you can prove Scripture is wrong, then I am not at all interested in your babbling with totally unrelated subject matter.

So . . . Back to posting #5 where the subject is directly declared in Scripture!

No, you took scripture from specific instances and extrapolated abortion out to ALL cases- a severe logical fallacy. I'm well aware of those arguments and that does not apply with the Luke scriptures I gave. The burden of proof regarding scripture is on you to demonstrate that this scripture is applicable to all cases. After all, the Luke passage said that the baby jumped in the womb for joy. So that is scripture too. I just quoted it, I did not elaborate on it. I think it clearly talks of the life of the baby in each womb.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If abortion was ok in "those" days,
you would think that David would of had Bathsheba have one instead of getting her husband killed.

just sayin

Reactions: GEN2REV

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the time I was pregnant I was in the 8th grade. The school wouldn't let me return because of the "image" I may create among other young girls.
I ended up dropping out. But I later got my GED and did go to a Liberal college for 1 year. Which I had to quit because it ewas either go to school or lose my job. I kept my job.
But yeah, the stigma was with me for a couple years. Everybody looking at you and judging you.
Life goes on.
:D
Hugs
Hi Ziggy, things happen but at least you didn’t abort the baby, that’s what counts.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what's the difference between King Abimelech who was going to take Abraham's sister,
and King David who took Uriah's wife?

Now God stopped King Abimelech in a dream. Why didn't God stop David?

Just thinking out loud

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your religion as to the breath of God is taken from Jewish definitions as to when life begins- .

Yeah imagine that! A book written by Jews for Jews. Does that mean the entire Bible is a piece of garbage because it has been contaminated by Jews? And wow!! And that Jesus guy was also Jewish!! Send him to Auschwitz??! Who have you found to replace Him??!