• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea is OT--Jesus didnt become savior until he accomplished his earthly life. Thats what you are failing to understand. Jehovah was the only savior in the OT.
Have you read the NT?

1 Timothy 4
10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no savior beside him in the OT. Jesus dying opened the door for all mankind to be saved so in that sense he became savior as well. It was the Fathers will for that to be.
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Jesus is God THE SAVIOR!

Reactions: Jim B

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever get off topic?
All the time there is just one rule; no one is to start fighting about the trinity. So just in case my thread was in danger of getting Shut down perhaps it won’t.

Reactions: marks

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, nobody understands it because it can't be understood. But, yes, I do deny it. Based on scriptural evidence alone, apart from any councils, I don't think I'm mistaken. I think the scriptures are clear that Jesus really is the son of God. As I said, I just accept that and add noting to it. I'm loathe to think God needed Greek philosophy loving "church fathers" to explain His words. God did a pretty good job all by Himself! :)
It can't be understood? By you, perhaps, but for others there is no problem understanding it.

Jesus is God and Jesus is the Son of God. Think about it for a while and ask God to show you how this is true.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't be understood? By you, perhaps, but for others there is no problem understanding it.

Jesus is God and Jesus is the Son of God. Think about it for a while and ask God to show you how this is true.
MatthewG kindly reminded me that this thread is not about Jesus being God or not. Better stop in this thread or if you want we can go somewhere else.

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please take a moment to read this post.

Thread Topic
The Amazing Christ -

The anointed one whom was sent down by God from heaven born in flesh, through the past generations of people whom lead up to the birth of the promised messiah who would bring justification, and also lead into the great and dreadful day of the LORD (God), as promised to the material nation which was produced by and through the seed of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Which lead to the 12 tribes of Israel in that day in age for them, even if there may have been split off from one being united.

Yeshua, the Lord sent from Heaven by God (Yahweh/Jehovah), was for the judgement, and redemption for all people by and through the death, burial, and resurrection. In which the promise which was made for the Jews then through out the ages, until Jesus (Yeshua) had come to be born now at that point be bringing forth in all into Salvation for having sin paid for on behalf of Him.

This death, was required to vanquish sin, to conquer over the devil (defeated - for all people once and for all be cause of being cast away and done away with according to Revelation, the death allows people to be able to also die to sin, by being baptized in Jesus (Yeshua) and his death. Then raise, rise again, resurrection of newness of life is formed, when people come to believe in these truths about that bible which is all lead by and through the Spirit which is sent from God, by believing and having faith which leads to having a prayerful relationship, and also looking and seeking the things of God by looking at the bible and reading the word.

The finality, is this, having a brand new life by the Holy Spirit of God / (Spirit of Christ) that resides with-in you is your new life which produces what the spirit brings forth such as kindness, patience, goodness, long-suffering, love, peace, forgiveness, which is always produced by and from God and never ourselves because of faith and asking the Father in heaven to help you as you go through this life and grow in your knowledge of God and grow by and through the spirit building up for yourself treasures in heaven.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the NT?

1 Timothy 4
10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
Yes its all done by Gods will. Jesus only lives to do his Fathers will( John 5:30) as do the true followers-Matt 7:21--ALL things done through Jesus are the Fathers will, The Fathers power.
Without the sacrifice Jesus made--none would be saved, so in that sense he became savior as well. But it was the Fathers will.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Jesus is God THE SAVIOR!
Error in trinity translation. Jesus is Gods master worker of Prov 8--He assures all God created all of it, Jesus first, then all other things through Jesus.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rich,
This is the verse that struck me about 35 years ago that Jesus is God. That was a rhema from God, so I knew that it was true, He was verifying that Jesus is God. But so is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Titus 2:
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ
Amen excellent verse

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no shortage of different translations of Titus 2:13. Grammatically it can be taken in more than one way, many that don't make Jesus God. Here's why I favor the latter: You've probably seen in the introduction of many of Paul's letters mention of the God of Jesus. If Titus actually said Jesus is God, I'd be forced to accept that God has a God. I've not been able to bring myself to admit that, so I take Jesus to be the son of God. That way it's easy to see how Jesus could have a God; his Father is God. And that agrees with all the verses that mention Jesus' Father. Not sure who I would say God's father is.
a philosophical argument above based upon your bias that Jesus cannot be God. an argument based upon presuppositions.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please people stop and get back to the topic in the original first post.

Thank you so much. People believe what they will about the Bible and may God by his spirit lead people to truth who desire and seek after it.

No one is better than the next person I’ll tell you. We all bleed red and die the same; when we give up our last breathe.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the time there is just one rule; no one is to start fighting about the trinity. So just in case my thread was in danger of getting Shut down perhaps it won’t.
You get off topic "all the time" And you warned me about being off topic?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Error in trinity translation. Jesus is Gods master worker of Prov 8--He assures all God created all of it, Jesus first, then all other things through Jesus.
1 Timothy 4

Jesus is my Savior! If God isn't your Savior you are heading for Hell fire.

Reactions: Jim B

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great.

Thank you pointing out your points to @Keiw , and hope you are good now @Jack by expressing the views you have, sir.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you guys ever sat back and thought about God?

You know my thoughts is that Yahweh was the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, who was born of the flesh of Mary, but also by the Holy Spirit. Yahweh being the Father, in the beginning, with Jesus who was not known as Jesus. Just like you speak, and your words are a part of you. Yahweh the Father spoke the Word - and the Word created, and was in the beginning with with the Father, and was there when the creation of the Heavens, and the World was made. Because it was the Word that the Father spoke in which he said "Let there be light" created light.

The Father and the Word - are One together as the Godhead. Jesus Christ is now one with his Father again - assuming all things have been placed under neath the feet of the Begotten Son in which He (Jesus) would give all things back to the Father, so that God may be all in all.

So in the end, I believe people will experience their 2nd coming in the sense of once dying, being taken off in which God who is just in all the sense of, along with God being all Good, all powerful, all knowing, full of mercy, will take care of them by giving them their spiritual body. Which maybe Jesus presents to us I do not know.

The aspect is this, God - was the one who existed in the beginning - His Word was able to create in the beginning - and God also has an Holy Spirit which is also being a part of God who is also deemed spirit.

God - sent his Word down, he was born in flesh, lived, died, was buried, and raised again by God three days later as justification of victory over sin, also which means victory over the devil who would be cast out of the world, and put in the lake of fire forever.

That Word - Named Jesus lived a perfect sinless life, in order to redeem all mankind, and to defeat the enemies in which people had to deal with at the time especially without the Holy Spirit to help them. They only lived by the torah law, and made sacrifices until Jesus came to set them free of that bondage. He created all things, and was beat and put to death on the cross, after going around and helping many, and many not desiring his help.

Eventually the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ would become one again as in the beginning, after having done everything that was needed to be set forth by God, and they became one in being the Lord God Almighty. God has still been around since the dawn of time, his years are unknowable anyway, His Word, was spoken, and His Spirit provides now today by and through the deity of who Christ is, and who he had become.

So in the end I believe people will meet with Jesus, because to See Jesus is to see God, who is unseen.

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.