The Assyrian Anti-christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
For you to make that assertion without a defense of exactly who Darius the Mede is, and who the three more who arise in Persia, and the fourth which DIDN'T arise in Persia are, (etc.) -- is lacking in context, content, and fact.

But maybe you are particularly interested in "history". ;) (A reference to your footer. LOL)

BibleScribe

Actually, it's not my assertion. There are no absence of scholars that equate the beast with the King of the North. But I did not provide the lengthy detail yet as I how Daniel kept focusing in more and more on the beast to culminate in that--- it's a little long and I don't feel like doing that. However, I still do not understand what you are trying to get at. Why don't you enlighten us? And also point out to me which part of my footer you are referring to. You are the second person now who threw my signature back at me when they seem innocent enough past times.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi Tim,

I merely suggest that you (or your sources) have taken unwarranted liberties with context. As such, I would propose that you cannot defend who Darius was. And lacking that process, you have absolutely no idea as to the individuals, nations, and events of this prophecy.

But if you're interested, I've posted that information in the "General Christian Fourm", under the Topic "Is The Book Of Daniel Wrong?", page 1, Post #8.

In regards to your signature, -- it's absent an interest in "history". ;)

BibleScribe

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If our kingdom was of this world, and we are to 'drive out the workers of iniquity' from a political entity, Jesus wouldn't of told Peter to put away his sword, and that those who live by it die by it.

It would take an amazing amount of delusion to think that America is Christian. America looks quite alot more like Rome. Power, money, the rich, taking advantage of the fact that in China and Africa, people will work for pennies so that the whole of America can be rich for cheap.

America, Christian? Yeah, so is Hollywood. :blink:

If you wanted to argue that America is the world's center of debauchery, atleast you'd have good material to argue your point with :lol:

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
If you want to continue in your belief that America is somehow God's "chosen people" and all we do is for the good of the world lol, who am I to burst your ego?
Yet, America needs to repent for all the damage it's done.

peace -

Hi Jake,

I don't believe I EVER suggested that America was "God's 'chosen people'". I merely suggest that they are not the repugnant nation which both you and Prentis presented. And this is not my opinion, but simply an acknowledgment of GOD's perspective.

And this historical circumstance is only a historical snapshot. It certainly will not protect this nation from the impending nuclear holocaust, nor should it. However, there is a lesson to be learned from how a nation approaches it's responsibility to the world, and thus I have presented the TRUTH of GOD's perspective, independent of any personal opinion.

BibleScribe

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
In regards to your signature, -- it's absent an interest in "history". ;)

Agreed. As I age and now that the kids are grown, I'm taking more of an interest in history, and studying family genealogy is history of sorts. But just so that you don't think I dreamed this up myself.

A lot of what I know about the book of Daniel I am indebted to Pastor Dr. Gene Scott (now deceased) who had a PHD at Stanford University with history as undergraduate work (he was versed on many subjects due to his switching majors all the time). He'd read piles and piles of books (sloppily piled on each side of his chair while he taught on TV) :lol: and was not one to spout out something without warrant or thought, not to say he was perfect, but had his reasons. I don't consider myself a "follower" of him, but I did find him insightful on many things, as I did H.W Armstrong as well.

Dr. Scott almost convinced those professors at Stanford the truth of the lost tribes of Israel as a thesis of his work, and their migrations, the peoples they became in the isles. He still believed the Jews were Judah. It was British-Israel type beliefs but he stopped short of actually identifying with them and made no dogma about it. Like he said, you do not present such a thesis at Stanford unless you have some real meat to what's in the thesis. They's dismiss and flunk you faster than you can say your last name if it was all junk--- they would not accept being bamboozled. Rather, they thought it was very well done (I forgot what the reason was they did not downright accept the thesis, but they thought highly of it)

Although this is off topic a tad, I inherently "knew" about the lost tribes before anyone told me just by a straight reading of the bible when I saw that a portion of Judah returned, but try as I might I could not find anywhere written where Israel of the north returned. So I was open then.

Back to Daniel. Reading it in the same manner, I see no off-the-wall interpretation from Dr. Scott and he would mention the different rulers in his teaching as well, including a lot of details I can't remember any longer. Nevertheless, you will have various interpretations from many scholars which is why debating, even amongst the best educated goes back and forth today.

And this is why I'm not dogmatic, either.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
... Jesus wouldn't of told Peter to put away his sword, and that those who live by it die by it.

Prentis,

If Jesus didn't want Peter to wield the sword, then why did HE tell the disciples to buy a sword?!?

[sup]35[/sup]And he said to them, "When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?" They said, "Nothing." [sup]36[/sup]He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. [sup]37[/sup]For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors.' For what is written about me has its fulfillment." [sup]38[/sup]And they said, "Look, Lord, here are two swords." And he said to them, "It is enough."

BibleScribe

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
... Nevertheless, you will have various interpretations from many scholars which is why debating, even amongst the best educated goes back and forth today. And this is why I'm not dogmatic, either.

Hey Tim,

Actually, I find that the scholars can accurately identify fulfillment failures, but are less capable in identifying fulfillments. And of course this must be expected, because the TRUE prophecy is shut up and sealed until ~1948 (Ref. Daniel 12:4 & 12:9). Thus my posts in the Topic: "Is The Book Of Daniel Wrong?", and other Topics as appropriate.

And I will say this, -- Daniel 2:45 stipulates a FIVE world empire sequence; Daniel 7 defines the "divided" FIFTH empire; Daniel 8 pertains to one of the "divided" empires; Montgomery correctly judged Daniel 9 as not ancient (the "dismal swamp" of OT prophecy); and Darius was not a Medo/Persian.

However, it is not popular for any scholar, pastor, or teacher to say "I don't know", -- so they'd rather lie than admit ignorance. And we've all been lied to.

BibleScribe

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I dont believe that he was speaking literally, BibleScribe :)

To fight by the sword is contrary to everything that happens in the New Testament and to the rest of what Jesus tells us. Dont answer evil with evil... Love those who persecute you... Paul was stoned, beat, etc, Peter was crucified, etc. None used the sword.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Yes I was speaking literally! He's here just to puff himself up by putting others down.

He has been so snide and accused me of so much junk that I had to put him on ignore. I don't want anything to do with him. But the way things are going. I may leave anyway because there are too many mean people here.

Just in the last month, by four different members I've been told I'm playing Satan's game. That I don't know God. That I deny God. And that I'm a liar. I'm not going to go back and post all the derogatory comments the Scribbler has made toward me and others. That's a waste of time.
I'm just going to keep the Scribbler on ignore until the Lord returns!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I dont believe that he was speaking literally, BibleScribe :)

To fight by the sword is contrary to everything that happens in the New Testament and to the rest of what Jesus tells us. Dont answer evil with evil... Love those who persecute you... Paul was stoned, beat, etc, Peter was crucified, etc. None used the sword.

Hey Prentis,

There were three aspects in the garden. The first was that prophecy had to be fulfilled, in that Jesus had to be numbered with the transgressors. Thus Jesus told the disciples to buy a sword, (of which they had two). In that, Peter cut off the ear of the high priest's servant.

And so Jesus did both, -- instigated arms, and mitigated arms --, which is a dichotomy that we might debate for years. ^_^

But you are correct in that violence (by the sword, by assassination, by slander, by hate) is not the way of Christ, but of satan. And that's exactly how we know the servants of the Almighty, versus the servants of hell. (Although I'm quite certain none of those fruits are evidenced in this "Topic". :D )

BibleScribe :)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Right right right...

For making others poor that it might be rich, first the indians, now africans and so who work for pennies.... For waging war and killing innocent people... For following after money and power...

God bless ya! :)

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Right right right...

For making others poor that it might be rich, first the indians, now africans and so who work for pennies.... For waging war and killing innocent people... For following after money and power...

God bless ya! :)

opinion, opinion, opinion.

GOD's Word offers an objective analysis of that nation, and HIS Word is without repentance.

GOD bless you too! :)

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

J.R. Church provided the book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", using the premise that this 19th Book of the Bible is prophetic for the 1900's, and the Chapters are prophetic to the Jews, Chapter for year. Thus he argues that Book 19, Chapter 44 prophecies the Holocaust; Book 19, Chapter 49 prophecies the international recognition of the nation of Israel; etc., etc. As such there is only one Chapter which is not Jewish centric, the 45 which begins as follows:

Psalm 45

[sup]1[/sup]My heart overflows with a pleasing theme;
I address my verses to the king;
my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.

[sup]2[/sup]You are the most handsome of the sons of men;
grace is poured upon your lips;
therefore God has blessed you forever.

One should contemplate exactly who "You" is, and I would argue that it was the men with stripes on their sleeves who opened the gates of the murder camps, as the United States Army. But to further assess this premise, one can consider an unusual aspect in verse 4:

[sup]4[/sup] In your majesty ride on victoriously
for the cause of truth and to defend
[sup]*[/sup] the right;
let your right hand teach you dread deeds.

If this is prophetic for World War II, how many new weapons were developed for killing? Certainly the most prominent NEW weapon would be nuclear. As such then I would propose that the term "dread" is appropriate, and "deeds" is equally appropriate on three counts.

The first is that there were TWO brand new materials (uranium and plutonium); there were TWO brand new designs (gun-assembled, and implosion, -- respectively); and there were two targets, (Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, -- respectively).

Thus the plural "deeds" is entirely appropriate for this United States and the nuclear weapon designs and deployments.

But to remove ourselves from what some would decry as the murder of innocents, -- GOD recognizes that war is a terrible thing which was brought to our front door, and the United States did NOT engage in warfare without cause. Furthermore they did not engage for gain. They engaged because they "loved righteousness and hated wickedness". And finally the United States is the nation which rebuilt the war stricken nations under the Marshal Plan.

And so when we consider the United States, we MUST include this example which GOD honored.

BibleScribe