The Beast Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

John 1 The Word was with God... The Word was God ... The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

"we beheld his glory", as of one who came "from" God i.e Jesus "The Son of Man" Born of a woman of flesh and blood but not God Himself. Num 23:19

Keep trying Ducky... maybe one day you will see the truth.

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
"we beheld his glory", as of one who came "from" God i.e Jesus "The Son of Man" Born of a woman of flesh and blood but not God Himself. Num 23:19

Keep trying Ducky... maybe one day you will see the truth.
I see it. I.E.

The Word was God. The Word (Jesus) became flesh and dwelt among us.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

I see it. I.E.

The Word was God. The Word (Jesus) became flesh and dwelt among us.

Yes Jesus manifested the divine mind of His Father but this does not make him the Father...so Ducky he will always be the Son...I know you want him to be the Father but Jesus will always and forever be the Son. And a Son has a beginning as you cont post. The Father has no such beginning.

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes Jesus manifested the divine mind of His Father but this does not make him the Father...
Isaiah 9:6 (ESV)
[sup]6 [/sup]For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 14:9 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

Isaiah 9:6 (ESV)
[sup]6 [/sup]For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 14:9 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

:( "know me"

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hebrews 1:8-10 (ESV)
[sup]8 [/sup]But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. [sup]9 [/sup]You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.” [sup]10 [/sup]And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Hebrews 1:8-10 (ESV)
[sup]8 [/sup]But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. [sup]9 [/sup]You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.” [sup]10 [/sup]And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;

You (Jesus) have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your (Jesus') God, has anointed you (Jesus) with the oil of gladness beyond your companions (brothers) :huh:

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You (Jesus) have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your (Jesus') God, has anointed you (Jesus) with the oil of gladness beyond your companions (brothers) :huh:

The Son was called "God" who
"laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands"

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
The Son was called "God" who "laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands"

No Ducky -- Yahweh is His name and he with His angels laid the foundations of the earth. Jesus was the work of Gods hands He made him BUT God (Yahweh) has never been made. But you are right God has given Jesus an amazing name but its not above Gods name.

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No Ducky -- Yahweh is His name and he with His angels laid the foundations of the earth. Jesus was the work of Gods hands He made him BUT God (Yahweh) has never been made. But you are right God has given Jesus an amazing name but its not above Gods name.
You can't even understand simple English Scriptures. Please don't try to teach us Hebrew.

Matthew 1:23 (ESV)
[sup]23 [/sup]“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

You can't even understand simple English Scriptures. Please don't try to teach us Hebrew.

Matthew 1:23 (ESV)
[sup]23 [/sup]“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

Yes God is with us through His Son Jesus. Jesus means "Yah is salvation"

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Only God is "equal with God"!!!

John 5:18 (ESV)

[sup]18 [/sup]This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Only God is "equal with God"!!!

[sup]18 [/sup]This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

but he was even calling God his own Father...this is true he was calling Him His Father but he himself was the Son. How many times will you quote thier relationship but not understand it?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
but he was even calling God his own Father...this is true he was calling Him His Father but he himself was the Son. How many times will you quote thier relationship but not understand it?
"Only God is "equal with God"!!!"

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Ok, back into teaching mode once again.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

First of all Ducky, you will notice the Jews "implied" he was inferring equality, you are doing exactly what the Jews are doing in this verse.

1. You are saying Jesus has equality with God
The Jews are saying he was making himself equal with God.

2. Jesus is saying NO!! I am the Son and I (Jesus) have absolutely no other authority except that which my Father has granted.

Which group do you want to find yourself in Ducky? Those making the accusation or listening to Jesus Christ?

Of course Ducky has made some noise about the equality the Jews felt Jesus was teaching being the Son of God, but elsewhere he had made it plainly known to all those Jews & Ducky! That the Father is always been and will always be greater than Jesus Christ Why? Because Jesus is not God and never will be: John 5:19,30; John 10:29,33 and many more.

Ducky hasn’t paid any attention to the context of the passage, nor the verses which qualify and reinstate this truth. The next verse does exactly that and much more!

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Ducky, you are probably thinking why didn’t I read the following verse? Why didn’t I actually think upon John 5:18 and the context of these accusations against Jesus. Little did you know you were singing the same tune as the Jews.

Context:

For those who like to study the Bible you will see the Jews resolve to kill Jesus begins to really gain pace and now becomes the dominant theme going forward. see John 7:1 John 7:19,25, 8:37,40,59 and 10:31 also John 11:50,53. Jesus message increases in its intent and they being the aggressors (take note Ducky) start to inflame their anger which culminates in killing our Lord.

Alethos

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
First of all Ducky, you will notice the Jews "implied" he was inferring equality, you are doing exactly what the Jews are doing in this verse.

1. You are saying Jesus has equality with God
The Jews are saying he was making himself equal with God.

Where does it say the Jews said it? This is John's statement.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
That's another trait of the 'beast nature', it will not recognize Jesus Christ as God come in the flesh.

I Jn 2:22-26
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life.
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
(KJV)

John wrote that because of evil seducers, which points to Paul's description in 2 Corinthians 11 about the serpent seducing Eve. When John defines Jesus as "the Christ" (Greek word for Messiah), all Old Testament Scripture written about The Messiah applies.

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(KJV)

Our Heavenly Father through His prophet Isaiah declared Messiah as "The mighty God, The everlasting Father", declaring Messiah as God's Role as The Saviour. In the Book of Isaiah God also said He is The Saviour, and there is no other God but Himself. That's why this declaration in Isaiah 9:6 about Messiah as God The Saviour with those words in bold. Psalms 110 also declared Christ as God...

Ps 110:1
1 The LORD said unto my Lord, "Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool."
(KJV)

Only Christ was to sit at The Father's right hand until His enemies be made His footstool. None other but God The Saviour was to have that spot. In Matthew 22, Mark 12, Jesus The Christ called to remembrance this Psalms Scripture to the unbelieving Pharisee Jews and scribes.

To this day, the unbelieving Jews refuse those Old Testament witnesses of Jesus as The Christ, as Immanuel which means with us is God. THAT is the subject John is covering in those verses about an antichrist seducer. It is about denying The Son as God come in the flesh per the OT prophets. This is why John says if you acknowledge The Son, you have The Father also. But to deny The Son as God The Saviour means to deny The Father also. They cannot be separated like the antichrist seducers try to do.

This is also why John was more specific with these next examples...

I Jn 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
(KJV)

II Jn 1:7
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(KJV)

When John speaks of confessing that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, that is not just about the idea of being born a flesh man. It is about GOD Himself having been born in the flesh, which is the meaning of The Child's Name given in Isaiah as Immanuel, and in Matthew 1 as Emmanuel (with us is God). The name Jesus is from Greek Iesous, which is the equivalent to Hebrew Yahshua or Yeshua, which means 'Yah is Salvation'. And Yah is a Hebrew contraction for The Father.

Messiah means The Anointed from Hebrew, and many in OT times were anointed with oil in service to God's people. But NONE but GOD was equated as The Messiah per OT Scripture.

So the unbelieving Jews are not just mocking The New Testament Scriptures about Jesus as The Christ, Messiah, but ALSO the Old Testament Scriptures they claim was given to them by our Heavenly Father. This is why our Lord Jesus would quote the Psalms 110 Scripture to them, which was Jesus declaring Himself as God The Saviour.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes indeed! Jesus is God.

John 10:27-28 (ESV)

[sup]27 [/sup]My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. [sup]28 [/sup]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.