The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Questions that you didn't answer.

Then who told you you're qualified to rewrite our Christian Bibles? The Pope maybe?

See above. You're not qualified to rewrite our Bible.
A 66 book canon used as a Bible for public liturgy did not exist anywhere on the planet until the 14th century. It was unheard of. Until you can provide scholarly historical evidence to the contrary, you're following a man made tradition.
DEUTEROCANONICAL BOOKS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - Scripture Catholic

Note that Paul makes inferences/follows Deuterocanonical scripture some twenty times in the NT.

So who, exactly, is re-writing the Bible by omission??? Jewish authority that rejected Christ and the message of the New Testament??? BTW, the Bereans were GREEK Pharisees, regarding the GREEK Deuterocanonicals as Scripture, for 200 years before Christ. The GREEK Bereans included them when they "searched the scriptures" to check up Paul's oral teaching.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's absolutely FALSE claim for which you have ZERO historical substantiation.
Constantine simply made Christianity legal in his Edict of Milan. Nobody was coerced to attend mass.

WRONG again.

Jesus didn't have siblings.
If you believe He DID - ten the onus is on YOU to provide proof of this.

Scripture says NO such thing.

Look - if you're going to TRY to be an anti-Catholic - at LEAST do your homework.-
DON'T be like your friend @GracePeace, who has turned me in to the Mods repeatedly for publicly defeating him that I'm almost not allowed to converse with him here for fear of being banned.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I found this statement of Mary to be a blessing to my heart. I was raised Catholic but now attending a bible teaching church. Its up to each person and their choice to accept it or not.
====================================================================
Mary was a 1st century Galilean Jewish woman of Nazareth,[2][3] the wife of Joseph and the virgin mother of Jesus, according to the canonical gospels but not the wife of Joseph according to the Quran.

Both the gospels of Matthew and Luke in the New Testament and the Quran describe Mary as a virgin.[c] She is betrothed to Joseph, according to Matthew and Luke.[5] According to Christian theology, Mary conceived Jesus through the Holy Spirit while still a virgin, and accompanied Joseph to Bethlehem, where Jesus was born.[6]

According to Catholic and Eastern Christian teachings, at the end of her earthly life, God raised Mary's body directly into heaven; this is known in the Christian West as the Assumption of Mary.[7][8]

Mary has been venerated since early Christianity,[9][10] and is considered by millions to be the most meritorious saint of the religion. She is said to have miraculously appeared to believers many times over the centuries. The Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, and Lutheran churches believe that Mary, as mother of Jesus, is the Theotokos (Mother of God; Θεοτόκος). There is significant diversity in the Marian beliefs and devotional practices of major Christian traditions. The Catholic Church holds distinctive Marian dogmas, namely her status as the Mother of God, her Immaculate Conception, her perpetual virginity, and her Assumption into heaven.[11] Many Protestants minimize Mary's role within Christianity, basing their argument on the lack of biblical support for any beliefs other than the virgin birth (actually a virginal conception).[12] Mary also has the highest position in Islam among all women.[13][14][15] She is mentioned in the Quran more often than in the New Testament,[16] where two of the longer chapters of the Quran are devoted to her and her family.[17]
To include in your comprehensive list would be all the early reformers. They accepted all Catholic doctrine on Mary except her intercession. Radical Protestant objections crawled out of the philosophical sewage of the Enlightenment era, and has infected sections of Protestantism like a virus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A 66 book canon used as a Bible for public liturgy did not exist anywhere on the planet until the 14th century. It was unheard of. Until you can provide scholarly historical evidence to the contrary, you're following a man made tradition.
DEUTEROCANONICAL BOOKS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - Scripture Catholic

Note that Paul makes inferences/follows Deuterocanonical scripture some twenty times in the NT.

So who, exactly, is re-writing the Bible by omission??? Jewish authority that rejected Christ and the message of the New Testament??? BTW, the Bereans were GREEK Pharisees, regarding the GREEK Deuterocanonicals as Scripture, for 200 years before Christ. The GREEK Bereans included them when they "searched the scriptures" to check up Paul's oral teaching.
So you reject our Christian Bibles?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to answer MY question first - or are you going to keep deflecting because you have NO answer?

Sure it is - unless he is dodging a question that I asked first . . .
I have already answered you abundantly, and will do so one more last time: I can accept Mary remained a virgin serving the temple all her life, and the elder Joseph took her in as a charge to care for and protect, and it was his children by his wife now dead, and not the physical blood brothers of Jesus by Mary.

But, Mary immaculately concepted? No. Mary the Blessed Virgin above all others? No. Mary the Mother of God. No.

And I have given an abundance of Scriptural reasons why I reject the latter, and yet can accept the former.

There is my entire answer to you.

Now, I do sincerely ask one main question for you:

Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

I am washed in the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ by His grace and great mercy upon my soul. I am all too glad to confess it from my heart.

And yourself?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"washed by the Blood of the Lamb" is proclaimed, in various ways, at every Mass, where we participate, we do not spectate. It's not a show. Nominal Catholics and guests spectate.
Eucharistic Prayers I-IV (catholic-resources.org)

The Book of Revelation and the Holy Mass(Catholic Caucus) (freerepublic.com)
I do apologize, because I did not see this response.

And so being 'washed in the blood of the Lamb' is proclaimed at every Mass.

That is good.

And so, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Yes? No? Don't know?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Greek expert?
Nope - that's why I presented an entire PANEL of Greek experts in post #300 who AGREED with the Catholic position on Mary's title of "Kecharitomene".

YOU can deny it all you want - but it won't make the truth "go away" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already answered you abundantly, and will do so one more last time: I can accept Mary remained a virgin serving the temple all her life, and the elder Joseph took her in as a charge to care for and protect, and it was his children by his wife now dead, and not the physical blood brothers of Jesus by Mary.

But, Mary immaculately concepted? No. Mary the Blessed Virgin above all others? No. Mary the Mother of God. No.

And I have given an abundance of Scriptural reasons why I reject the latter, and yet can accept the former.

There is my entire answer to you.

Now, I do sincerely ask one main question for you:

Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

I am washed in the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ by His grace and great mercy upon my soul. I am all too glad to confess it from my heart.

And yourself?
That's NOT what I asked you. YOU made a nonsensical claim about the Canon of Scripture - and I corrected you..
I asked you to to address THAT.

From post #308:
Finally - the Deuterocanonical Books weren't "let OUT" of the Bible - they were DELETED by Protestants.
As I showed you - you guys followed a FALSE prophet (Rabbi Akiva) who declared a FALSE Christ (Simon bar Kohkkba) who thought it was a good idea to delete those Books.

Can you respond to that??

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - that's why I presented an entire PANEL of Greek experts in post #300 who AGREED with the Catholic position on Mary's title of "Kecharitomene".

YOU can deny it all you want - but it won't make the truth "go away" . . .
"Greek experts" according to you? lol

You're trying to rewrite our Bible because you don't like it.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you reject our Christian Bibles?
No, I reject a man made adulterated list of books. One book is still the inspired word of God, it's just incomplete. You still haven't provided any scholarly evidence of a 66 book canon used as a Bible before the 14th century. The list of a 66 book canon is a man made tradition, but any number of books remain inspired. Eliminating 7 books out of the Bible is CENSORSHIP.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! Do you believe Mary is God?
Nope - the Catholic church has never taught that.

Since you believe that she is the mother of Jesus, who is GOD - that makes her the mother of GOD.
It doesn't make her the mother of the Trinity.

Reactions: Triumph1300

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my question is so "stupid" why can't you answer it?
It's a stupid question because anybody with half a brain knows that this is NOT a teaching of the Catholic Church.
Do you have at least half a brain?

Reactions: Triumph1300