The book of Revelation is not as scary as I thought

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rico DeVela

Nov 15, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi everyone!

During my life of faith I've been reading many books in the Bible for 20 years, but I've often thought that when reading Revelation it was so difficult to understand and a quite scary book. Especially with the monsters and dragons appearing at the time of Jesus' return. I would often feel concerned with what would really happen if these events occurred and I would be afraid if this happened in my time, so all the more I wanted to go to heaven quickly before those events came to that.

However, I happened to listen to a seminar that my friend introduced to me covering the Book of Revelation. To be honest, I was skeptical at first but I was surprised, from it each and every point would be explained in detail with reference to other verses in the Bible. Afterwards I began to realise that the Revelation is not leading to a chaotic end, but leading to the end of God's plan that is ultimately wanting to save us. If you're really curious about checking it out, I recommend you take a look. Below is the link to the seminar video and if you're interested, the reaction and comments of the pastors after watching it. I wish you all the best, and God Bless

Pastor reaction about the seminar: https://bit.ly/3CCzQdY
Seminar video: https://bit.ly/3BjoY2Z

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shincheonji Church of Jesus
Founder : Lee Man-hee

Got this on this church from Wiki:

The group's founder and leader Lee is a self-proclaimed messiah.[10][11] Church followers variously refer to him as "Chairman Lee"; "the chairman"; "the promised pastor"; "the one who overcomes"; or "the advocate."[8] Known for its secretive nature, adherents believe that Lee is the returned Jesus Christ,[12] and believe him to be uniquely able to interpret the Book of Revelation.[2] The group believes that on the Day of Judgment, Lee will take 144,000 adherents to Heaven with him,[13] where they will enjoy eternal life.[1]

Shincheonji's teaching claims that their founder Lee is the pastor promised in the New Testament,[3] and that the Book of Revelation is written in secret metaphors (parables) which only Lee is capable of deciphering.
Shincheonji teaches that it is the true faith with its members receiving salvation at the time of final judgment. Everyone not in the group will be denied forgiveness and destroyed.[6]

Shincheonji Church of Jesus - Wikipedia

Hard pass for me.

Ruminator

Nov 11, 2021
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

During my life of faith I've been reading many books in the Bible for 20 years, but I've often thought that when reading Revelation it was so difficult to understand and a quite scary book. Especially with the monsters and dragons appearing at the time of Jesus' return. I would often feel concerned with what would really happen if these events occurred and I would be afraid if this happened in my time, so all the more I wanted to go to heaven quickly before those events came to that.

However, I happened to listen to a seminar that my friend introduced to me covering the Book of Revelation. To be honest, I was skeptical at first but I was surprised, from it each and every point would be explained in detail with reference to other verses in the Bible. Afterwards I began to realise that the Revelation is not leading to a chaotic end, but leading to the end of God's plan that is ultimately wanting to save us. If you're really curious about checking it out, I recommend you take a look. Below is the link to the seminar video and if you're interested, the reaction and comments of the pastors after watching it. I wish you all the best, and God Bless

Exactly how stupid and gullible are you?!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shincheonji Church of Jesus
Founder : Lee Man-hee

Got this on this church from Wiki:

The group's founder and leader Lee is a self-proclaimed messiah.[10][11] Church followers variously refer to him as "Chairman Lee"; "the chairman"; "the promised pastor"; "the one who overcomes"; or "the advocate."[8] Known for its secretive nature, adherents believe that Lee is the returned Jesus Christ,[12] and believe him to be uniquely able to interpret the Book of Revelation.[2] The group believes that on the Day of Judgment, Lee will take 144,000 adherents to Heaven with him,[13] where they will enjoy eternal life.[1]

Shincheonji's teaching claims that their founder Lee is the pastor promised in the New Testament,[3] and that the Book of Revelation is written in secret metaphors (parables) which only Lee is capable of deciphering.
Shincheonji teaches that it is the true faith with its members receiving salvation at the time of final judgment. Everyone not in the group will be denied forgiveness and destroyed.[6]

Shincheonji Church of Jesus - Wikipedia

Hard pass for me.

This is the second go around with a "new" member sharing this business. Smacks of a pure, unadulterated cult, and he probably has people working for him who are spreading this business around the globe now. You will likely not get a reply, nor will anyone else.

God help his soul, because Hell is real, and the man is trading temporary fame on earth for an eternity of misery in the hereafter.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Rico DeVela

Nov 15, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was unnecessary. Instead of name calling, how about you share some pearls of wisdom and quote scripture with what you disagree with. Discernment is an awesome thing, but why so harsh? Didn't edify one single thing or person.
Thanks man, really appreciate you're approach to discern and comment using the Scriptures. All the best to you ^^

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 4:12
"This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

There is no other Messiah. All you have to do is crack your Bible. I don't want to sound mean, but if you think this guy is really going to save people, when only the Blood of Christ can, you need to be reading the Gospels instead of Revelation.. You need to understand who Jesus is. For someone else to claim His place is blasphemy. That is not Christian.

Eph 4:13-15 "until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ. 14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head.…

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not worth my time.
Do any of us have any time of our own? How much is "your" time worth to you? How much is it worth to other men? How much is it worth to God?

How much time to you have?

"Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" Job 7:1

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Heb 9:27

Do we really get to choose what we do with the time allotted to us, what usage do you supposed would be most pleasing to God?

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

Or should we as Christians very simply consider the second of the two greatest commandments and much is said in it about loving oneself:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:37-39

Or then there is the Golden Rule:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them..." Matt 7:12

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is not the ending of God's plan. It is the merely the end of a phase in that plan. Other books like Romans, Luke, and Isaiah talk about what the Family of God will be doing beyond the time the New Jerusalem arrives here. There is a lot more to God's plan than just Him trying to save people.

Reactions: amadeus

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Revelation is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I turned the video off when it said the guy was Jesus' messenger to the Churches. No, Apostle John was, not any man living today.