• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Nation of Israel received the Early Rain in "type". For that reason, the Jewish Elect only needed to receive the Latter Rain for salvation. It fell on them on the Day of Pentecost. For the Gentiles, they must travel the same path as the Jewish Elect. They must start at the beginning with the Early Rain and be called out from the world. During the time the "showers are withholden" (time between the Early and Latter Rain), the believer will be given a "whore's forehead" because they fornicate with Satan via the spirit of anti-Christ.
You are another person manufacturing your own theology out of thin air. You show us one single verse in the New Testament that supports this nonsense.

Looks Christianity Board is being crowded with false teachers. And a cursory glance at the titles of the threads makes this very clear.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are another person manufacturing your own theology out of thin air. You show us one single verse in the New Testament that supports this nonsense.

Looks Christianity Board is being crowded with false teachers. And a cursory glance at the titles of the threads makes this very clear.
Sadly, (without naming any names) we have too many trolls, agitators, false teachers and charlatans on this board. :(

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are under the thumb of your flesh nature as long as you are in this body.

Im not, but you will remain there if you do not "Reckon the old man dead", as Paul teaches.

Paul explains that when we are born again, our body is dead because of sin, and our mind has to be renewed.
The renewing of your mind simply means to come into the same perspective that God has, regarding how he SEES the born again.
God sees the born again as sinless, because "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us"...and "Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

So, our sin is resolved by Christ on the Cross, 2000 yrs ago.
Its gone.
This is why Paul wrote 2 Corinthians 5:19, that says that God charge sin to the born again.
God does not charge to you what Jesus has dealt with, 2000 yrs ago.
So, when a believer does not understand any of this, then they will think of themselves as a sinner needing to : 1 John 1:9.

However, When the same comes into this...>"as many as be perfect" as Paul teaches, then their MIND has been renewed, and they understand that they have become a "New Creation in Christ".
The "new Creation" is not a sinner.
The "New Creation" is "not under the law but under grace".
There is no sin "in Christ" and all the born again are "in Christ"....always.

So, until a believer gains this renewed mind, they will see themselves as a sinner, they will be controlled by their flesh and their cult that taught them this broken faith..... and they will come to forums like this one and maintain that Christianity is really all about "sinning and confessing".

But this is not Christianity. And battling your flesh is not correct discipleship, tho it will be the only you have if you are not really born again, but just water baptized into a cult who told you that the "water washes away your sin"....reader.
It didnt., and you still have it.

But if you are born again, then Jesus has your sin, and you are "made righteous" and 1 John 3:9 is for you.

And this is for you....>" I can do all things through Christ"......because ...."Christ always gives me the Victory".

"Always"
"Always"

That's the walk the faith.. That's real Christianity.. And sinning and confessing this "mind" does not belong in it.

Reactions: Ritajanice

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not, but you will remain there if you do not "Reckon the old man dead", as Paul teaches.

Paul explains that when we are born again, our body is dead because of sin, and our mind has to be renewed.
The renewing of your mind simply means to come into the same perspective that God has, regarding how he SEES the born again.
God sees the born again as sinless, because "God hath made Jesus to be sin for us"...and "Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

So, our sin is resolved by Christ on the Cross, 2000 yrs ago.
Its gone.
This is why Paul wrote 2 Corinthians 5:19, that says that God charge sin to the born again.
God does not charge to you what Jesus has dealt with, 2000 yrs ago.
So, when a believer does not understand any of this, then they will think of themselves as a sinner needing to : 1 John 1:9.

However, When the same comes into this...>"as many as be perfect" as Paul teaches, then their MIND has been renewed, and they understand that they have become a "New Creation in Christ".
The "new Creation" is not a sinner.
The "New Creation" is "not under the law but under grace".
There is no sin "in Christ" and all the born again are "in Christ"....always.

So, until a believer gains this renewed mind, they will see themselves as a sinner, they will be controlled by their flesh and their cult that taught them this broken faith..... and they will come to forums like this one and maintain that Christianity is really all about "sinning and confessing".

But this is not Christianity. And battling your flesh is not correct discipleship, tho it will be the only you have if you are not really born again, but just water baptized into a cult who told you that the "water washes away your sin"....reader.
It didnt., and you still have it.

But if you are born again, then Jesus has your sin, and you are "made righteous" and 1 John 3:9 is for you.

And this is for you....>" I can do all things through Christ"......because ...."Christ always gives me the Victory".

"Always"
"Always"

That's the walk the faith.. That's real Christianity.. And sinning and confessing do not belong in it.

Paul also said that war of the mind is never ceasing.
I am not a prophet by any stretch of the imagination,but knowing human nature,i would say you will sin sometime today.

Reactions: Keturah and Johann

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul also said that war of the mind is never ceasing.
I am not a prophet by any stretch of the imagination,but knowing human nature,i would say you will sin sometime today.

You ...."know" human nature, as the "flesh", this is the sin nature..... This sin nature is the "old man of sin, that is crucified with Christ".
This is the "mind of the flesh", that is the "old man".....and Paul tells us to "reckon it dead".....
What you are doing, is living there, and so because you are doing this....then that is the battle.
You are trying to keep putting new wine in old wine skins and it wont fit.
See, trying to exist as the "new creation in Christ" in the old carnal mind, is this...

"that which i would do, i can't, and that which i hate, i do".

See that?
That is the old mind trying to live Christianity.
Its a MISERY and a FAILURE.

See, when you put the old man back on the Cross, then sin consciousness goes with Him
And, condemnation, that a person feels who is trapped in the ... sin, confess, repeat, situation.......this condemnation activates the carnal mind.
Activates your will to sin. Empowers it.

A person says....>"how can i be born again, when what i feel like doing is what i was enjoying before i was saved".

See that MIND?
That is a wrong mind......it has not been renewed. It does not understand that the old man of sin is crucified with Christ and the new Creation is now the REAL YOU., that God sees.

So, here are some things....

"The LAW is the power of sin..",... as Paul said that had he not known the law, then there is no issue, but the Law caused his sin to revive and empower his flesh.
So, "Jesus came to deliver us from the curse of the Law"....."Jesus has REDEEMED us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

The Curse of the Law, is that it empowers your sinning and also defines you as a SINNER.

Once you are "not under the law, but under Grace" = BORN AGAIN...then the Law can't define you ever again.

So, the old man that is now the dead man, who is crucified with Christ, was under the law......but he's dead.
NOW THE "NEW CREATION". "IN CHRIST"...= .this is the Born again, and the born again are not under the law, but "under GRACE".
There is no law there......there is "no condemnation in Christ". The born again are "made righteous"

See all this?
That's the very simplified version of what has happened to the Believer, born again.

Being born again is to be "Freed from Sin"......."FREED FROM SIN"....
This is why Paul said that "Christ always gives me the VICORY", as to be "freed from SIN"<. is to have "VICTORY over flesh, world, devil, self".

Romans 6:18

Believe it, receive it, as its TRUE for all the born again.

• Love

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He who is without sin....." Is that you?
Dear St. Joseph
Sorry for the delayed response. I have been travelling recently.

All mankind sins, including myself. But after we are converted into a child of God, the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin - both past, present and future sins.

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

After the new birth comes the judgment of Christ:

1Pe 4:17 For it is the ripe time for the judgment to begin with the house of God; but, if first with us, what shall be the end of them who yield not unto the glad-message of God?

After Christ's judgment is completed within us, we will never sin again.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire: 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

The new birth comes when we receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The judgment of Christ comes when we receive the baptism of Fire. After Christ's judgment is complete, our carnality will be destroyed and we will never sin again.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit and the baptism of Fire is what this verse below is teaching:

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit gives us life and the baptism of Fire is what gives us a more abundant life (a life free from sin).

This is what it means to be saved.

Joe

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dear Enoch111,
Here are just a few of the verses which teach the Early and Latter Rain:

Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the RAIN, as the latter and former RAIN unto the earth.

This is when the Nation of Israel received the Early (Former) Rain:

1Cor 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

This is when the Jewish Elect received the Latter Rain:

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The pathway for the Gentile Elect is the same:

Jam 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Paul "typed" the Early Rain when Christ came to Paul on the Damascus Road. At that time, Paul was shown to be blind and could not eat the bread of Christ nor drink the wine of the New Covenant for three days. After the three days were fulfilled, Paul prayed and repented of his works since he remained under the Old Covenant. With his repentance, the pathway for Christ to "come again" to Paul was made "straight" (the street Ananias traveled who is a type for Christ). When Christ came, Paul received the Latter Rain and his spiritual blindness was healed. With his new "eyes that can see", Paul was given "meat" to eat.

Paul mentioned both the Early and Latter Rains below:

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise (Early Rain), 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession (Latter Rain), unto the praise of his glory.

The Early Rain is the earnest amount (down payment) of the Spirit. The full amount is given with the Latter Rain and is our moment of salvation.

The story of the blind man also teaches the Early and Latter Rain as it applies to spiritual blindness:

Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. 16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, it is because we have no bread. 17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said unto them, how is it that ye do not understand?

In these verses, Christ is giving His disciples a lesson on the spiritual language of God's Word - His language. At this point in time (before they were converted at Pentecost), the disciples had not yet received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain) and because of such, they were still spiritually blind. They had been called out from the world (as was the whole Nation of Israel), but they still could not understand what Christ was teaching them. After Christ’s short lesson, He ends it by asking them this question: How is it that ye do not understand”? No response from the Apostles is recorded in scripture. However, Christ answers His own question in the very next four verses.

Mark 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Since Christ is the Word of God, He teaches us not only through His words which are recorded in scripture but also by the things He did. In answering the question that He proposed to the disciples in verse 21, Christ goes to Bethsaida and gives us His answer in type by the healing of a blind man. This type is the same type which Christ uses with the Old Testament events to teach His spiritual truths.

In verse 23, Christ leads a blind man out of the city. Once outside the city, Christ places spit on his eyes and touches him with His hands. These actions occur as the blind man is looking down which symbolizes the carnal aspect of His healing. Christ does not have to tell the blind man to look down, the blind man just does it naturally. The spit (water) symbolizes the blind man receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit with its accompanying vision (understanding). This event represents the time when an unbeliever is called out from the world and enters the church. After Christ asks the man what he could see, the man looks up and says that he could see men walking as trees. "Walking as Trees" is a spiritual symbol for called out believers who walk by sight rather than by faith. At this point, the blind man is a type of a called out believer. The man’s blindness was not total any longer but he was still very near-sighted.

This first healing of the blind man reflects the true spiritual condition of a new believer when they first enter the church. At that time, they are left carnally minded and spiritually near-sighted. They can see a little but that only opens the door to Satan's deceptions - deceptions which each new believer readily accepts due to their carnal nature still being in control of them.

Peter says this near-sighted condition is the same as being blind:

2Pet 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

In the final verse of the story, Christ lays His hands upon the man’s eyes again, but as He does, Christ has the man look up instead of down. This second healing represents the Latter Rain of the Spirit when true spiritual vision is given to the believer. The man’s upward gaze represents the spiritual aspect of the healing in contrast to the carnal aspect when the blind man was looking down at the earth. From that moment onward, we now know that the blind man is a type of a called and chosen believer who has received both the Early and Latter Rains. He has been given eyes that can see. From his new ability to understand God's Word, he will then come out from Satan's deceptions and will begin walking by faith. He will be included in the resurrection of the First Fruits and will receive life during the ages.

The Early and Latter Rain is taught in many places of scripture "a little here and a little there" (Isa 28:9-12). Why are you not seeing them?

Joe

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "worker of iniquity".... the idea here is....to live in sin because you have no other lifestyle, or no other way to exist.
This is the unbeliever, the non-born again..

Notice the word "iniquity".......so, that is the word "sin", or = a sinner..

So the context is.....a worker, or a lifestyle of a SINNER....... = A sinner is not born again.

A born again person, is not a sinner, they are a SAINT......they have left the realm of the natural and are born again into God's Spirit, and in Him, "in Christ"...= there is no iniquity found.
See, when God looks at a child of God, He only sees His Righteousness that they have become as "the gift of Righteousness".
God will never see you any other way, if you are born again.

If you are not, then you are here ... John 3:36

So, this is why when a Christian behaves badly, .. Paul says we are committing : "works of the Flesh".

Well, works of the flesh are SIN, if you are a sinner......and a sinner is defined as someone who is under the dominion of the law, which is defining their deeds, their carnal lifestyle as "sinner". = They are NOT Born again.

This does not apply to someone who is born again, as all their SIN is on Jesus, who became their/ our sin and died.... which is full payment due US.
Saint, the reason you will only meet God as your Father, is because Jesus's blood, death and resurrection, this Blood Atonement, has made you eternally forgiven which is why God is able to give you the "New Birth", into Himself....."God is A Spirit". and you were birthed into the Spirit of God by the Holy Spirit, which is to become "one with God"....>"in Christ"....>"made righteous"..
This is : Born again.

So, only an unbeliever can live in iniquity, as its only an unbeliever who can be defined by the law, as a SINNER.

WE, the born again, can't be defined by the Law, as it has no power or dominion over us anymore, in God's perspective, and that is why Romans 4:8. and 2 Corinthians 5:19 were put in the NT for you by Paul.
Study...
The Born again are defined by "under GRACE".....and this dominion of Grace eternally defines the born again, as "in Christ", "justified by faith", having "The Gift of Righteousness".
So, if you are born again, and are not just water baptized and very religious.......and are returned to your old carnal habits, then you are as Paul defines...."committing works of the flesh", and are categorized as a "backslider".., and probably your faith is stone cold, dormant, and your discipleship is defined by James as "dead faith".
See, an unbeliever can't be defined as backslidden, as they have never had the born again experience to begin with...
But a believer can be defined as a backslider., even to the point of being "fallen from Grace" and having a "shipwrecked faith".
And remember, "dead faith" is not related to being born again, as being born again has already been completed.
So, "dead faith" only has to do with walking the walk of discipleship, that is separate from Salvation that God has given you as "the Gift of Salvation" that is proven by the fact that you are born again.

Saint, hear me now.....= being born again, is the only real proof of Salvation, as "fruit" can be faked.
The Devil's ministers fake having spiritual fruit 24/7.
They do it on Forums, they do it in Pulpits, and they do it as Preachers, Ministers, ect.
You have to learn how to hear a deceiver, or you will be led into deception by them and they will ruin your faith, and have you trying to keep yourself saved.

So what is the difference between a sinner sinning and a believer committing works of the flesh?
First, the unbeliever is under the law and the born again CHRISTian is "Under Grace".
Also, the sinner is going to hell.
The born again Believer is not.

Another difference is, that God is going to deal with the wayward child of God, according to Hebrews 12:6, and this does not happen to an unbeliever.
What happens to them, is that they "reap what they sow"..."be sure your sin will find you out".....only.
What an EXCELLENT!!....summary.....Hallelujah!!......Amen! Amen! Amen!...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Dear Behold,
I do not associate with any "church" or group. I have not since 2005 when I received the Latter Rain of the Spirit. At that time, I left the apostate church. I now only fellowship with Christ and His Father and the "few" converted believers which I occasionally meet online.

There are no "brick & mortar" churches which teach the truth of Christ. The nearly 2,000 denominations/sects of Christianity in the world are all apostate. They each claim that their particular teachings are the truth of Christ, when in fact, none of them teach the truth. They have all become places where the "blind lead the blind".

All the churches which the Apostles started were invaded by the spirit of anti-Christ near the end of the 1st Century. Paul calls this event the "apostasy":

2Thes 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there the apostasy come first, and that MAN OF SIN be revealed, the son of perdition;

Paul also stated this about the coming apostasy:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

John said this:

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Christ also taught about the coming of the spirit of anti-Christ in the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares. He also mentions it in the verses below:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits (the spirit of anti-Christ) more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The spiritual symbol of an "unclean spirit" represents how Satan delivers his false truth to a person. Unbelievers have "one unclean spirit" within them. It teaches them the false beliefs of this world. The "seven unclean spirits" will come into a new believer shortly after they have received the Early Rain of the Spirit and have been "called out from the world". The number "seven" represents perfection. For that reason, the deception of the spirit of anti-Christ is very powerful. Christ said this about how powerful its deception is:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Back to Mat 12:43-45: since a new believer remains spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) after receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit, they cannot replace their worldly false beliefs with the truth of Christ. ONE unclean spirit leaves but comes back with SEVEN (spirit of anti-Christ) more since their house remains void of the truth of Christ. Now, instead of just ONE unclean spirit within them, they now have EIGHT. The number EIGHT is a spiritual symbol which represents a new spiritual condition. In this case, the new spiritual condition is worse than the first.

Paul calls a person who has the spirit of anti-Christ indwelling them a "Man of Sin".

In the book of Revelation, John calls the spirit of anti-Christ the "False Prophet". It is the second beast of Revelation chapter 13. The first beast in the chapter represents the Man of Sin who is an apostate believer who is under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ (the second beast).

Since the end of the 1st Century, the church has become apostate and is teaching "another gospel". This false gospel makes Christ out to be a failure at saving mankind because it teaches that mankind's salvation is dependent upon the "works" of man and not solely upon the "works" of Christ. With this false gospel, the "ministers of Satan" cause believers to serve "two masters" (Satan & Christ). When a believer does this, they will fall from grace and come under the Law again.

The ministers of Satan further pervert the true Gospel of Christ by changing the penalty of sin (which is death) to being eternal torment in literal fire. Nothing is more blasphemous than their doctrines of Free Will and Hell. Those teachings truly come from Satan.

When Christ is ready to come to one of His Elect to pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit upon them, He will send a person to them in the spirit of Elijah to make Christ's path "straight" for His second coming. For the Jewish Elect, Christ sent John the Baptist. Christ then came to them on the Day of Pentecost and poured out the Latter Rain upon them. For the Gentile Elect, Christ will send one of His converted Elect believers to them in the spirit of Elijah. This is the work that the Lord has given me to perform.

James taught about this truth in the verses below:

Jam 5:17 Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain (the Latter Rain), and the earth brought forth her fruit. 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one turns him back; 20 Let him know, that he which turns a sinner from the error of his way shall save their soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

After Elijah causes a fallen away believer to repent of their “works” and has made the pathway straight for Christ, the Lord will come and pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit upon that believer. After the believer's spiritual blindness has been healed, Christ will "appear" to them and come into their house and "sup" with them. After they have received their spiritual nourishment from the Word of God, their Day of the Lord (judgment) will commence. After the believer's judgment is complete, they will be converted.

Joe

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You ...."know" human nature, as the "flesh", this is the sin nature..... This sin nature is the "old man of sin, that is crucified with Christ".
This is the "mind of the flesh", that is the "old man".....and Paul tells us to "reckon it dead".....
What you are doing, is living there, and so because you are doing this....then that is the battle.
You are trying to keep putting new wine in old wine skins and it wont fit.
See, trying to exist as the "new creation in Christ" in the old carnal mind, is this...

"that which i would do, i can't, and that which i hate, i do".

See that?
That is the old mind trying to live Christianity.
Its a MISERY and a FAILURE.

See, when you put the old man back on the Cross, then sin consciousness goes with Him
And, condemnation, that a person feels who is trapped in the ... sin, confess, repeat, situation.......this condemnation activates the carnal mind.
Activates your will to sin. Empowers it.

A person says....>"how can i be born again, when what i feel like doing is what i was enjoying before i was saved".

See that MIND?
That is a wrong mind......it has not been renewed. It does not understand that the old man of sin is crucified with Christ and the new Creation is now the REAL YOU., that God sees.

So, here are some things....

"The LAW is the power of sin..",... as Paul said that had he not known the law, then there is no issue, but the Law caused his sin to revive and empower his flesh.
So, "Jesus came to deliver us from the curse of the Law"....."Jesus has REDEEMED us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

The Curse of the Law, is that it empowers your sinning and also defines you as a SINNER.

Once you are "not under the law, but under Grace" = BORN AGAIN...then the Law can't define you ever again.

So, the old man that is now the dead man, who is crucified with Christ, was under the law......but he's dead.
NOW THE "NEW CREATION". "IN CHRIST"...= .this is the Born again, and the born again are not under the law, but "under GRACE".
There is no law there......there is "no condemnation in Christ". The born again are "made righteous"

See all this?
That's the very simplified version of what has happened to the Believer, born again.

Being born again is to be "Freed from Sin"......."FREED FROM SIN"....
This is why Paul said that "Christ always gives me the VICORY", as to be "freed from SIN"<. is to have "VICTORY over flesh, world, devil, self".

Believe it, receive it, as its TRUE for all the born again.
Another EXCELLENT summary.......thank you Father God......I have waited many years to understand this / your teaching through Behold, that is my own opinion and belief..

Thank you Holy Spirit for leading me onto your path........there is no glory in Behold, I know that and I know he understands what I’m saying.......All the Glory belongs to you Lord.........I just thank you Lord that Behold is OBEDIENT to sharing your word with so many others!.....my own opinion and belief.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Colossians 31 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.4 When Christ, who is your [1] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. [2]7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.21 Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Ephesians 4:22-24

New International Version

22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This person isn’t saved.

This one is saved, and as a result:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin…” (1 John 3:9)

Such biblical illiteracy…

:hmhehm
CONTEXTUAL INSIGHTS TO 3:4-10 (interpretation problems caused by 3:6,9)

This passage has been the center of the controversy between Christian perfectionism (cf. Romans 6), sometimes called entire sanctification, and the continuing sinning of the Christian (cf. Romans 7).

We must not allow our theological bias to influence our exegesis of this text. Also, we must not allow other texts to influence this text until our independent study of this text is complete and we have ascertained what John was saying both in 1 John 3 and in the entire book of 1 John!

This text clearly presents the goal that all believers long for, a total deliverance from sin. This same ideal is presented in Romans 6. Through Christ's power we have the potential for sinless living.

This passage, however, must fit into the larger context of the entire book of 1 John.
To interpret this passage without regard for 1 John 1:8-2:2 (Christians still sin) would be folly.
To interpret this passage in such a manner as to defeat the overall purpose of 1 John, the assurance of salvation against the claims of the false teachers would be folly also.
This passage must be related to the false teachers' claims of sinlessness or sin's insignificance. Possibly 1 John 1:8-2:2 deals with one extreme of the false teachers, while 3:1-10 deals with another. Remember that interpreting the letters of the NT is like listening to one half of a phone conversation.

A paradoxical relationship exists between these two passages. Sin in the Christian's life is a recurrent problem in the NT (cf. Romans 7; Eph. 4:14; 6:10-18). This forms the same dialectical tension as predestination and free will or security and perseverance. The paradox provides a theological balance and attacks the extreme positions. The false teachers were presenting two errors in the area of sin.

This entire theological discussion is based on a misunderstanding of the difference between
our position in Christ
our striving to fulfill that position experientially in daily life
the promise that victory will be ours one day!
We are free from sin's penalty (justification) in Christ, yet we still struggle with its power (progressive sanctification) and one day we will be free of its presence (glorification). This book as a whole teaches the priority of admitting our sin and striving toward sinlessness.

Another option comes from John's literary dualism. He wrote in black and white categories (also found in Dead Sea Scrolls). For him one was in Christ and thereby righteous, or in Satan and thereby sinful. There was no third category. This serves as a "wake up call" to peripheral, cultural, part-time, funeral-only, Easter-only Christianity!

Some references on this difficult subject:

For the seven traditional interpretations of this passage see "The Epistles of John" in The Tyndale New Testament Commentaries by John R. W. Stott, published by Eerdman's (pp. 130-136).
For a good treatment on the position of Perfection see Christian Theology, Vol. II, p. 440ff by H. Orlon Willie, published by Beacon Hill Press.
For a good treatment on the doctrine of continuing sin in the life of the Christian see "Perfectionism" by B. B. Warfield published by The Presbyterian and Reformed Published Company.

Studies in Perfectionism
by Benjamin B. Warfield
Table of Contents
VOLUME SEVEN: Perfectionism: Vol. 1
-- Albrecht Ritschl and His Doctrine of Christian Perfection (part. 1)
-- Albrecht Ritschl and His Doctrine of Christian Perfection (part. 2)
--"Miserable-Sinner Christianity" in the Hands of the Rationalists (pt. 1)
--"Miserable-Sinner Christianity" in the Hands of the Rationalists (pt. 2)
--"Miserable-Sinner Christianity" in the Hands of the Rationalists (pt. 3)
-- "Die Heiligungsbewugung" – "The Fellowship Movement"
-- The German "Higher Life Movement" in Its Chief Exponent
ENDNOTES
VOLUME EIGHT: Perfectionism: Vol. 2
Oberlin Perfectionism
I. The Men and the Beginnings
II. Mahan's Type of Teaching
III. The Development of the Oberlin Teaching
IV. The Theology of Charles G. Finney
John Humphrey Noyes and His "Bible Communists"
I. The Environment
II. The Beginnings
III. The Structure
IV. The Doctrine
The Mystical Perfectionism of Thomas Cogswell Upham
I. Upham and His Second Conversion
II. Upham and the Quietists
III. Upham's Doctrinal Teaching
The "Higher Life" Movement
"The Victorious Life"
ENDNOTES, Part 2

Get a life brother-note the extremities-as we have false teachers promulgating "'sinless perfection" while they themselves are "sinning" on a daily basis!

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only person who knows who are His, Born Again/ regenerated/ Birthed in the Spirit....is God, why ,because it’s a supernatural birth, that only God can do through the Holy Spirit..

No human could possibly know who are born again...........that is my own thoughts and belief.

It’s a spiritual birth, again, that only God can do through his Holy Spirit.....

John 3:3​

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ”

John 3:6-8

New International Version

6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[a] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[b] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[c]

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Follow this practice with this verse as well; be consistent!

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin...” (1 John 3:9)
"make sure no one deceives you" This is a PRESENT ACTIVE IMPERATIVE with the NEGATIVE PARTICLE, which usually means stop an act in process. The presence of false teachers (cf. 1 John 2:26) sets the historical situation for a proper theological understanding of 1 John as a whole and 1 John 1:7-10 and 3:4-10 in particular.

1Jn 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God

You'll miss this, I know, and it is amazing how you "dodge" @Ritajanice asking you if YOU sin, in word, thought and deed.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll miss this, I know, and it is amazing how you "dodge" @Ritajanice asking you if YOU sin, in word, thought and deed.

It’s amazing how you ignore the word of God and seemingly judge it’s truthfulness based on how you perceive another human’s behavior…

:hmhehm

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dodge nothing Johann.

Of course we don’t make a practice of sinning as a born again.

But and a big BUT we still sin...or have you reached perfection?

Of course we are perfect in the eyes of God as we have the righteousness of Christ.

Have you perfected your flesh nature,Brother?