The Church is not prepared for what is to come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can one prepare himself . HOPE and TRUST IN CHRIST . No man knows even the hour of their death .
But whether we wake or are already asleep , JESUS DAY IS A COMING . SO BE MADE READY IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .
He alone is who we must trust in . All else is vain and as a man trying to blow out a forest fire with a straw .
Now that is vain . BUT TRUST IN JESUS IS ALL WE NEED . Now let all who name the glorious Name of JESUS
depart from inquity , have all hope and trust in HIM and PRAISE THE GLORIOUS WONDEROUS and MAGNFICENT LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the near future, Satan will attempt to impersonate Jesus and counterfeit His return to earth. But God's people need not be deceived. When the disciples asked Jesus for the sign of His coming and the end of the world, the very first thing He told them was to be on guard against impostors. He said, "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:4, 5).

Christ then proceeded to give His followers a wealth of information about His second coming so there would be no doubt as to how He would return. Jesus wants us not only to know that He is coming and that He's coming soon, but also to understand the manner of His coming.

The reason this is so important is that Satan will soon attempt to personate Jesus and counterfeit His return. To pave the way, Satan has introduced a strong delusion to the Christian world that has been almost universally accepted in mainline churches. I am referring to the popular teaching regarding a "secret rapture." The secret rapture theory was designed to lull God's people into a false sense of security and to prepare them for this final master deception.

The devil knows that Jesus is coming back and that his remaining time is short (Revelation 12:12). He has been sharpening his skills of deception for 6,000 years, and his last masquerade will be his masterpiece.

In fact, God warned that Satan will do such a convincing job that, if it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. Jesus said to His disciples, "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:23, 24).

Satan is not an ugly, grotesque, bat-winged creature wearing a red leotard. He's an angel - a beautiful, powerful angel. And the Bible makes it clear that he is able to transform himself and appear in different forms. "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light" (2 Corinthians 11:13, 14). We must not underestimate how convincing and overpowering Satan's final deception will be. I'm sure he will even quote Scripture, as he did while tempting Christ in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-6). The devil also has the ability to create the illusion of miracles. You will remember that when Moses went in before Pharaoh to plead for the children of Israel, the magicians of Egypt were able to duplicate the first few signs from God (Exodus Chapters 7, 8). Satan is in the business of deception, and we know that he is saving his greatest deception of all for the last days. We need to know how Jesus is coming, or we will be deceived.

The Bible is very clear that when Jesus comes back, His feet never touch the ground. It says the righteous will be caught up to meet Him in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). This is why Jesus emphatically warns us, "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the desert!' do not go out: or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of man be." (Matthew 24:26, 27 NKJV).

Satan cannot replicate a worldwide, cataclysmic event the magnitude of the real second coming. However, if he can seduce Christians into believing the secret rapture theory, he won't need to. He can simply show up around the world in various places, perform great miracles, make television appearances, and thereby deceive the entire world.

Every general knows that the key to victory in battle is to maintain an element of surprise. Many battles have been won because of a clever diversionary tactic. While one army was distracted and looking at the diversion, the enemy came up from behind to conquer them. In the devil's final assault, he will do the same thing. The archdeceiver has always wanted to be God. Now he knows that he is doomed, but his last taunting gesture against heaven will be to personate Jesus and receive the worship of a lost world.

Satan's deceptions will be strong and convincing, but Christ has given us ample information in order to help us discern truth from error.
Barney well put I agree 100%, if you see Andy, Opey, or Otis tell them hi!

The major deception today is in the teaching of a Millennial Kingdom on this earth, with a literal Jesus returning to this earth, taking a throne of David in Jerusalem?

Yes this will be (The Man Of Sin/The Antichrist) that Jesus warned the church about in Matthew 24:23-27 below

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you've called yourself "pre-wrath", is that correct? Which part of the plagues of the Revelation, if any, do you consider to be God's wrath?

Much love!
Be very attentive, read real slow with much love

What part of Moses/Aaron and the plagues upon Egypt and Pharaoh dont you understand, how many fell upon the Hebrews?

Do you understand the (Two Witnesses) below have power over all plagues, yes those seen in Revelation 16:1-11 that come upon the Beast and his kingdom, not the church?

Do you have a hard time understanding that the sealed church is protected from the plagues of torment as seen in Revelation 9:3-6, only those unsealed wicked will be tormented

It's going to be a complete replay of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh, and the (Two Witnesses) represent Gods power on earth during the tribulation, through plagues and wrath upon "The Wicked"

Revelation 11:6KJV
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

(Two Witnesses, Plagues And Wrath)

Revelation 16:1-11KJV
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be very attentive, read real slow with much love

What part of Moses/Aaron and the plagues upon Egypt and Pharaoh dont you understand,
If you will choose to write without derision, I'll read it. But I get to stuff like this, and I completely lose interest. So I stopped there. Why continue?

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will choose to write without derision, I'll read it. But I get to stuff like this, and I completely lose interest. So I stopped there. Why continue?

Much love!
No derision, just much love, you have posted how one needs to be attentive while reading others points of view?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Dispensationalism" doesn't teach anything, but rather is a thing that is learned and taught.

If you are not offering sacrifices for sin according the Jewish OT Law, then yes, you too are dispensational. The dispensationt that was then of sacrificing for atonement is not now. Now we trust in Jesus for reconciliation, something very different.

Do you agree?

Much love!
Dispensationalism dosent teach, but yet it is learned and taught, Big Smiles!

Circular reasoning, back around the bush again!

Much Love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalism dosent teach, but yet it is learned and taught, Big Smiles!
So then we have dispensationalism that encompasses 2 dispensations, which is the most common, Old Testament and New Testament, a dispensation of Law and Sacrifice, and a dispensation of reconciliation and rebirth.

I've seen people's dispensation charts which show 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11 dispensations. I've seen dispensation charts which show 7 dispensations, but describe them differently. So I've seem a LOT of variation in dispensational teachings.

Which dispensational teaching do you have in mind? Because just saying "dispensational" isn't really that descriptive to me.

And did you agree with what I was saying, that the OT sacrifices and the NT reconciliation show 2 different dispensations?

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then we have dispensationalism that encompasses 2 dispensations, which is the most common, Old Testament and New Testament, a dispensation of Law and Sacrifice, and a dispensation of reconciliation and rebirth.

I've seen people's dispensation charts which show 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11 dispensations. I've seen dispensation charts which show 7 dispensations, but describe them differently. So I've seem a LOT of variation in dispensational teachings.

Which dispensational teaching do you have in mind? Because just saying "dispensational" isn't really that descriptive to me.

And did you agree with what I was saying, that the OT sacrifices and the NT reconciliation show 2 different dispensations?

Much love!
"Dispensation" and "Dispensationalism" are two completely different subjects

We are discussing "Dispensationalism", the teachings of John N. Darby & C.I. Scofield, that encompass many teachings, a pre-trib rapture and dual covenant theology being a few mentions

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are discussing "Dispensationalism", the teachings of John N. Darby & C.I. Scofield,
OK.

I don't know much about Darby. I'm much more familiar with Scofield's teachings, though I don't agree with all of it. Anyway, I suppose this accounts for the disconnect between us, since I'm not trying to discuss their ideas, and, as you've said before, you are. Sorry! I think I finally get that now.

But calling "Dispensationalism" as limited to the teachings of Darby and Scofield is misleading, I think, as dispensations are in the Bible.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.

I don't know much about Darby. I'm much more familiar with Scofield's teachings, though I don't agree with all of it. Anyway, I suppose this accounts for the disconnect between us, since I'm not trying to discuss their ideas, and, as you've said before, you are. Sorry! I think I finally get that now.

But calling "Dispensationalism" as limited to the teachings of Darby and Scofield is misleading, I think, as dispensations are in the Bible.

Much love!
Once again and again, "Dispensation" and "Dispensationalism" are two completely different subjects as clearly explained previously

The subject was "Dispensationalism" not "Dispensations"

The foundations of "Dispensationalism" are found in John N. Darby & C.I. Scofield

Wikipedia: Dispensationalism
Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby, considered by some to be the father of dispensationalism (1800–82),[5]: 10, 293  who strongly influenced the Plymouth Brethren of the 1830s in Ireland and England. The original concept came when Darby considered the implications of Isaiah 32 for Israel. He saw that prophecy required a future fulfillment and realization of Israel's kingdom. The New Testament church was seen as a separate program not related to that kingdom. Thus arose a prophetic earthly kingdom program for Israel and a separate "mystery" heavenly program for the church. In order to not conflate the two programs, the prophetic program had to be put on hold to allow for the church to come into existence. Then it is necessary for the church to be raptured away before prophecy can resume its earthly program for Israel.[16]

In Darby's conception of dispensations, the Mosaic dispensation continues as a divine administration over earth up until the return of Christ. The church, being a heavenly designated assembly, does not have its own dispensation as per Scofield. Darby conceives of dispensations relating exclusively to the divine government of the earth and thus the church is not associated with any dispensations.

While his Brethren ecclesiology failed to catch on in America, his eschatological doctrine became widely popular in the United States, especially among Baptists and Old School Presbyterians.[17]: 293  American dispensationalism crossed over many denominational boundaries.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again and again, "Dispensation" and "Dispensationalism" are two completely different subjects as clearly explained previously

The subject was "Dispensationalism" not "Dispensations"
Got it. Dispensationalism as taught by Darby and Scofield.

Like I said, I don't know Darby's teachings, and I'm only in a partial agreement with Scofield, so I'll pass at this point.

Enjoy!

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it. Dispensationalism as taught by Darby and Scofield.

Like I said, I don't know Darby's teachings, and I'm only in a partial agreement with Scofield, so I'll pass at this point.

Enjoy!

Much love!
If you believe in and teach a pre-trib rapture of the Church to heaven, then your following the teaching of John. N. Darby 1830's and the sect of the Plymouth Brethren, a teaching better known as "Dispensationalism"

Enjoy, Much Love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe in and teach a pre-trib rapture of the Church to heaven, then your following the teaching of John. N. Darby 1830's and the sect of the Plymouth Brethren, a teaching better known as "Dispensationalism"

Enjoy, Much Love!

Hardly!

If the Chrysler dealer sells cars, and the Saturn dealer sells cars, is the Saturn dealer the Chrysler dealer? No.

But it you want to label something so you can dismiss it, mission accomplished.

;)

You want to redefine my views as if they were someone elses, what's to discuss? I'm not them, they are not me.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly!

If the Chrysler dealer sells cars, and the Saturn dealer sells cars, is the Saturn dealer the Chrysler dealer? No.

But it you want to label something so you can dismiss it, mission accomplished.

;)

You want to redefine my views as if they were someone elses, what's to discuss? I'm not them, they are not me.

Much love!
Fact is, the father of the pre-trib rapture is found in the lineage of John N. Darby and the Plymouth brethren

A person believing and teaching this concept isn't standing alone, but upon the foundations mentioned above

Much Love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person believing and teaching this concept isn't standing alone, but upon the foundations mentioned above
And in that sentence you disregard my own personal Bible study, in favor of your straw man. Because two people teach similar things, you assume one came from the other.

Your idea sounds like his idea, therefore, its not your idea, you got it from him. It's a logical fallacy, by which you avoid the topic you appear to engage.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in that sentence you disregard my own personal Bible study, in favor of your straw man. Because two people teach similar things, you assume one came from the other.

Your idea sounds like his idea, therefore, its not your idea, you got it from him. It's a logical fallacy, by which you avoid the topic you appear to engage.

Much love!
You have stated you have been on forums for 25 years, and to claim your knowledge of dispensationalism and the teachings of Darby & Scofield are unknown?

I find that very hard to believe, very hard

It's illogical fallacy

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have stated you have been on forums for 25 years, and to claim your knowledge of dispensationalism and the teachings of Darby & Scofield are unknown?

I find that very hard to believe, very hard
For one thing, that's not what I said. Perhaps a more careful reading?

I know a great deal about dispensationalist teachings. You haven't even mentioned Larkin, are you familiar with him? I've been through Scofield's study Bible, the original edition before his son editted his notes to remove a few things he didn't like.

And Sir Robert Anderson, I find it difficult to exclude him from a serious discussion of God's dispensations. If we're looking at extra-Biblical material that is.

But I've never been that interested in Darby. I've read some things about him, a couple of things he wrote, but this was years ago, I don't really remember that much. I had a pretty full plate with other studies at the time.

But dispensational teachings, yes, that's why my disappointment that you keep wanting to limit the discussion to the teachings of these 2 people. There is a better discussion, I think, to be had straight from the Bible.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a nice story, but it Ain't gonna happen, the democrats want to add 2 liberal senate seats with Puerto Rico to maintain liberal control, Manchin nor Sinema are going to let it happen

Yes the liberals also want DC, and to break California up into 2 or more states, all for the additional liberal senate seats to maintain control

If the democrats had it their way, they would make Guantanamo Bay a state for senate seats, with the prisoners being given citizenship
Hispanics are not predominantly liberal but lean toward Christian agendas and a large portion of Hispanic Americans supported and voted for Donald Trump in the last election. I think you're letting your opinions be clouded by racial bias.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For one thing, that's not what I said. Perhaps a more careful reading?

I know a great deal about dispensationalist teachings. You haven't even mentioned Larkin, are you familiar with him? I've been through Scofield's study Bible, the original edition before his son editted his notes to remove a few things he didn't like.

And Sir Robert Anderson, I find it difficult to exclude him from a serious discussion of God's dispensations. If we're looking at extra-Biblical material that is.

But I've never been that interested in Darby. I've read some things about him, a couple of things he wrote, but this was years ago, I don't really remember that much. I had a pretty full plate with other studies at the time.

But dispensational teachings, yes, that's why my disappointment that you keep wanting to limit the discussion to the teachings of these 2 people. There is a better discussion, I think, to be had straight from the Bible.

Much love!
I'm familiar with all your names mentioned, and yes they all find their foundations in John N. Darby and the Plymouth brethren

C.I. Scofield was the greatest world influence in spreading dispensationalism throughout the world with his 1909 reference bible with millions of copies sold, yes he was an adulterer leaving his wife and two daughters running of with the young college girl to make his 1909 work

Yes Lewis S. Chafer is the prodigy of Scofield who went on to found Dallas Theological Seminary, the world head quarters for this teaching

Sir Robert Anderson in his (The Coming Prince) nor Clarence Larkin in his timelines and charts dosent hold a candle to the adulterer C.I. Scofield in his 1909 reference bible regarding world influence teaching dispensationalism

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with all your names mentioned, and yes they all find their foundations in John N. Darby and the Plymouth brethren

C.I. Scofield was the greatest world influence in spreading dispensationalism throughout the world with his 1909 reference bible with millions of copies sold, yes he was an adulterer leaving his wife and two daughters running of with the young college girl to make his 1909 work

Yes Lewis S. Chafer is the prodigy of Scofield who went on to found Dallas Theological Seminary, the world head quarters for this teaching

Sir Robert Anderson in his (The Coming Prince) nor Clarence Larkin in his timelines and charts dosent hold a candle to the adulterer C.I. Scofield in his 1909 reference bible regarding world influence teaching dispensationalism

So if you want to talk about the Bible, terrific! If you want to talk about these guys, not interested. If you deflect what I'm talking about as if it comes from them, that's a non-starter. Either a teaching is in the Scripture or it's not.

Much love!