The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, NOT according to the national statistics.

I suggest you do some actual homework on the subject and see what the national numbers are REALLY like.
You might want to read a book called Pedophiles and Priests by Protestant author Philip Jenkins, who explains that the problem is FAR WORSE among the Protestant denominations and public schools.

The problem is - they are too many 'little targets", and the Lawyers only wanted to go after the "big kid" on the block.
In short - there's not enough money in it for the lawyers. Einstein.

And the band plays on . . .
We'll have to agree to disagree. Anti-child abuse advocacy is at an all time high. So much attention is on the problems of child trafficking and other forms of abuse that these sickos are not getting away with it like they used to. The reason why the papacy is always in the news is b/c 6% of all papal priests act out sexually with minors.

Reactions: Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR problem - as is the case with most anti-Catholics - is that you're ignorant of history.
You only know the parts you've cherry-picked - like you cherry-pick Scripture.

You have absolutely no idea about the facts surrounding the cases of Galileo or Bruno. You only know what you're read on anti-Catholic internet sites instead of REAL history. Do yourself a favor, sparky - get off the internet, crack open a history book for a change and get the real story . . .
Dead Bread, why do you continue to characterize others as "anti-catholic", as if the criticism is directed toward catholic people instead of to what it is directed: papal leadership which deceives members and preys on their children?

Reactions: Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee - I thought you said they were ALL pedophiles??
Did you LIE again??

Oh - and the percentage is more like 1% of credible accusations - not 6%.

The fact is that according to the Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute - the majority of child molesters are are MARRIED MEN - not priests: http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pages/tell_others_the_facts.html

Do your HOMEWORK . . .
Maybe 1% if we use Common Core math. Sorry, but a comparison of the number of offending priest in a diocese to the number of total priests is WAY above that,

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture Reveals;

The 10 Commandments given the Hebrews/Tribes of Israel.
(For ALL of the Tribes of Israel WHO continue UNDER THE LAW, the LAW continues to APPLY "TO THEM".

FOR, any man WHO, trusts to BELIEVE IN Christ Jesus, The 10 Commandment ARE:
According to JESUS.
(FOR those REMAINING UNDER THE LAW, given ISRAEL...they REMAIN SUBJECT TO "ALL" of the LAW").

Matt 22
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

(WITH thee Lord Gods INDWELLING POWER, and He WITH ME, all He desires is Accomplished IN ME.)

Scripture Reveals;

The SABBATH, a DAY of REST.

For a man IN Christ Jesus;
Christ Jesus IS the mans Sabbath.
Jesus' offering of his BODY, his BLOOD, and a man WHO ACCEPTS Jesus' OFFERING, RESTS "IN" Jesus from his LABOR of WORK, as ISRAEL "was" continuously 'working' and "giving animal sacrifices" ; to show themselves approved and worthy of Salvation.
A man "IN" Christ Jesus has ACCEPTED, Jesus' offering "OF" His REST.

Jesus has entered INTO HIS REST, and a man "WITH" Jesus, has also entered INTO HIS REST WITH HIM.

Heb 4
[9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
[10] For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Jesus IS MY SABBATH, (every day) MY REST IS IN HIM, as HE RESTS.

God Bless,
Taken
Saying "Jesus is my Sabbath so I can break the 4th commandment" is like saying "Jesus is my reward, so I can break the 8th" or "Jesus is my truth, so I can break the 9th commandment", right?

That word "rest" in verse 9 you posted is "SABBATISMOS". The word "rest" appears as "Kataposis", which means regular rest, but verse 9 specifically refers to the Sabbath. That's why Lamsa correctly translates it, "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath..."

Food for thought :)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi GG,

You are correct. Sunday worship was present already from the time of the Apostles. They did meet on the first day of the week which would be Sunday; the day Jesus was discovered to be risen.

If @Phoneman777 Hi, MM, while it's true they met "upon the first day of the week", we have to ask what time of day was it? The evidence shows that it was Saturday night, as a couple versions translate it. There were "many lights burning in the chamber" and Eutycus got sleepy and fell out the window. When the sun came up, "at daybreak, (Paul) departed", so that means there was no Sunday morning service. :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep posting scripture wrongly as if your bits and pieces were your own private justification? They are not, but rather a judgement against you.

You post 1 John 1:8 as if everyone sins, and calling people "liars", as if that were the last and only word...as if you didn't even know what is written a few chapters later:

1 John 3:9
"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

...Yet, you go on and on blabbing similar arguments day after day without representing the truth. Talk about arrogance. Your half truths have a source, but it is not God.
And in your dishonesty, you accuse me of something I've never done on this forum - like calling anybody a "liar". I have simply pointed out WHEN they lie. BIG difference.

As for 1 John 3:9 which YOU have taken out of context - you are now pitting this against other passages. namely Rom. 7:25 and 1 Tim. 1:15, wherein Paul admits to struggling with sin in his born again state. John is talking about living in willful sin - not stumbling as ALL Christians do.
LEARN the difference . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already pointed out YOUR lie that you don't sin.
Scripture says the truth is NOT in you (1 John 1:8).

How ignorant can you be? Sad, sad, sad...

It is PRECISELY BECAUSE THE TRUTH is IN ME, that I CAN SIN NO MORE!

Obviously....you fail to comprehend....
Claiming to SIN NO MORE, is not saying you have no sin. It is PRECISELY SAYING, you NO LONGER commit SIN!

Good grief, LEARN what the scripture SAYS, and STOP trying to APPLY Scriptures to OTHERS, that DO NOT APPLY to THEM.

NO ONE solicited YOU to DICTATE what they believe, or WHICH scripture DO or DO NOT APPLY TO THEM.

Perhaps YOU ARE UNAWARE, an Individuals established Relationship with the Lord, didn't AND doesn't INCLUDE YOU and your wagging tongue!

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False? I'm pretty sure that just about every Christian out there thinks Jesus is coming back really soon. Maybe you can find a few who still think it's not until the thousand years that is claimed to have started back in the 19th century, but the vast overwhelming majority are waiting for His imminent return. Just look at the world. So much control and projection of power.
Picking dates out of your behind like Wllliam Miller and Ellen White and trying to predict WHEN He comes back is what makes a false prophet.
Jesus warned against false prophets like Miller and White and Hal Lindsey and Harold Campion and Jack Van Impe and all the rest . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How ignorant can you be? Sad, sad, sad...

It is PRECISELY BECAUSE THE TRUTH is IN ME, that I CAN SIN NO MORE!

Obviously....you fail to comprehend....
Claiming to SIN NO MORE, is not saying you have no sin. It is PRECISELY SAYING, you NO LONGER commit SIN!

Good grief, LEARN what the scripture SAYS, and STOP trying to APPLY Scriptures to OTHERS, that DO NOT APPLY to THEM.

NO ONE solicited YOU to DICTATE what they believe, or WHICH scripture DO or DO NOT APPLY TO THEM.

Perhaps YOU ARE UNAWARE, an Individuals established Relationship with the Lord, didn't AND doesn't INCLUDE YOU and your wagging tongue!

Glory to God,
Taken
WRONG.
The Scriptures say that you and EVERYBODY else is a sinner.

Your refusal to accept or understand this speaks to your Scriptural ignorance.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU PAY ATTENTION...
There is NO SLATE!
There is FORGIVENESS,
And
There is COVERING,
And
There is JUSTIFICATION.
LOL....Your made up nonsense...!
A man who CLAIMS TO HAVE NO SIN...Doesn't BELIEVE IN SIN, DOESN"T BELIEVE something called SIN exists.

LOL....

LOL.... you make up nonsense, then declare I don't believe what you make up....
NO KIDDING!!

And then you present ANOTHER FALSE ACCUSATION....

SINLESSNESS.....LOL...TRY and quote me on that nonsense....I have never made such a claim....

You present yourself as having ZERO understanding of things mean, and make up nonsense, then claim that is what another believes, then call them LIARS....<--- LOL!!

What a TWISTED MO you have to lodge false Accusations BASED on your own made up LIES.

LIBERAL? LOL

Glory to God,
Taken
It's your idiotic definitions that are confusing you.

Saying that you have no sin does NOT mean that you don't believe that there is such a thing called sin.
This is an asinine definition. It simply means that you DON'T sin.

1 John 1:8 says that YOU don't have the truth within you if that is your claim.
If you have a problem with that - take it up with GOD. It's His Word - not mine.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in your dishonesty, you accuse me of something I've never done on this forum - like calling anybody a "liar". I have simply pointed out WHEN they lie. BIG difference.

As for 1 John 3:9 which YOU have taken out of context - you are now pitting this against other passages. namely Rom. 7:25 and 1 Tim. 1:15, wherein Paul admits to struggling with sin in his born again state. John is talking about living in willful sin - not stumbling as ALL Christians do.
LEARN the difference . . .

Good Grief BOL...when you accuse people of LYING, you are calling them a LIAR.

I will flat out call YOU SPEAKING FOR ME A LIE.
But UNLIKE YOU, I do not call people's beliefs a LIE.

I highly DOUBT you comprehend the MAGNITUDE of the Lords Spirit WITHIN A MAN...since you claim you were taught you were baptized with the Holy Spirit WITHOUT your knowledge...

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Grief BOL...when you accuse people of LYING, you are calling them a LIAR.

I will flat out call YOU SPEAKING FOR ME A LIE.
But UNLIKE YOU, I do not call people's beliefs a LIE.

I highly DOUBT you comprehend the MAGNITUDE of the Lords Spirit WITHIN A MAN...since you claim you were taught you were baptized with the Holy Spirit WITHOUT your knowledge...

Glory to God,
Taken
This is a stupid accusation..

If I tell a friend that he needs to lose a couple of pounds for health reasons - am I calling him a "Fatso"??
If I tell somebody they should take a class on a given subject so that they can learn more about it - am I calling them "Stupid"??

Your argument is impotent and meaningless . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying "Jesus is my Sabbath so I can break the 4th commandment" is like saying "Jesus is my reward, so I can break the 8th" or "Jesus is my truth, so I can break the 9th commandment", right?

No, rather it would be saying Jesus fulfilled, and I keep HIM in Remembrance.

That word "rest" in verse 9 you posted is "SABBATISMOS". The word "rest" appears as "Kataposis", which means regular rest, but verse 9 specifically refers to the Sabbath. That's why Lamsa correctly translates it, "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath..."

Food for thought :)

Israel, (Hebrews and Tribes) continuously WORK according to the Law, SO THEY ARE JUSTIFIED, to become SAVED.
WORKS to Please God, WORKS according to their LAW. Rituals, Sacrifices, Physical Death, then REST...

THEY ALSO ARE like any Gentile "CAN BE" IN Jesus' REST, as He sits at the Right Hand of God.

Once I accepted JESUS as my Lord and Savior, I also entered into HIS Rest. There is NO MORE "WORK" For me to do, TO:
Receive His forgiveness, Receive His Offered Salvation, Receive His Seed to quicken my spirit, Receive His Spirit....It is Already Accomplished.

It is not about 'physical' WORK, cooking, cleaning, tending animals, caring for the sick, etc.....It is SPIRITUAL WORKS ISRAEL DID to BECOME "Justified".

Gentiles for the last 2,000 + years have been accepting Jesus' Offering, and becoming JUSTIFIED, to REST "IN" Jesus.

We can't "KIND OF BE "IN" Christ"...Kind of, forgiven, Kind of saved, Kind of quickened, Kind of Justified, Kind of Sanctified....or Kind of "at Rest" IN Jesus.

It is a MYSTERY, BEING IN Christ, and having WHAT HE HAS....offered to us....BEFORE we physically DIE. Our WAITING is FOR Him to call us and GLORYIFY our Bodies, and "SEE" Him, as He is.

He IS RESTING, until the DAY He calls His Church UP to Him.
His Church IS RESTING, IN HIM, Until that Day He calls them UP To Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
The Scriptures say that you and EVERYBODY else is a sinner.

Your refusal to accept or understand this speaks to your Scriptural ignorance.

WHO has DENIED, they are BORN IN SIN?
...QUOTE THEM!
WHO has DENIED, they have SINNED?
...QUOTE THEM!
WHO has DENIED, they ARE A SINNER?
...QUOTE THEM!
WHO has CLAIMED, they are SINLESS?
....QUOTE THEM!

YOU make those claims FOR OTHERS....
YOUR WORDS....
AND THEN you TRY and TRY and TRY
TO STUFF "YOUR WORDS" in an others mouth.
AND THEN BAD MOUTH the other person, all the while you promoting yourself as a catholic TEACHER....by the method of bagering, name calling, dictating, making False Accusation<--
Seems the rumors of methods of HOW catholics TEACH...rings true with you.

SERIOUSLY.....what is wrong with you, that you can NOT OPEN YOUR EARS, and HEAR what another testifies OF HIMSELF?

Why do you feel the NEED to makeup things a person NEVER claims?
AND YOU HAVE NEVER QUOTED "ME" ONCE...
Making the CLAIMS, YOU have said, that I claimed. NOT ONCE!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 says that YOU don't have the truth within you if that is your claim.

the Scripture says, "IF" you "SAY" you have no sin....

QUOTE ANYONE you have ACCUSED of SAYING WHAT THAT!!

YOU CAN'T.....!!

This is the SAME conversation from MONTHS ago....YOU couldn't QuOTe ONE Person saying that THEN...and now post after post, YOU STILL, have NOT QUOTED ONE PERSON Saying "they have NO SIN".

You simply keep digging yourself into a pit of foolishness, and too prideful to correct your error.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a stupid accusation..

If I tell a friend that he needs to lose a couple of pounds for health reasons - am I calling him a "Fatso"??
If I tell somebody they should take a class on a given subject so that they can learn more about it - am I calling them "Stupid"??

Your argument is impotent and meaningless . . .

LOL...

When I said, I USE to SIN, and Have been Forgiven my SIN....(which I have expressly SAID TO YOU)....

That somehow means to you...I am claiming to HAVE NO SIN? LOL...

How exactly can a person be FORGIVEN OF SIN, IF THEY SAY they HAVE NO SIN...???

LOL... WEIRD NONSENSE!

Glory to God,
Taken