The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, I have no child rape beam stuck in my eye preventing me from seeing clearly.

Secondly, the papacy doesn't have a child rape "splinter" stuck in its eye...it has a massive tree with rings so numerous, no math formula is yet to be invented to calculate the number of them.
If you are a SDA your congregation DOES have "child rape beam stuck in (your) eye" sooooo stop telling more lies.....It makes you look foolish.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a SDA your congregation DOES have "child rape beam stuck in (your) eye" sooooo stop telling more lies.....It makes you look foolish.
Seriously? their are literally thousands of reports of papists abusers for every one SDA, you know.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that Jesus and the Apostles quoted non-Scriptural writings also?
How would you know, unless it is stated in Scripture?

Each Jewish sect had their own "Scripture". Which Jewish sect got it right?
Is that what the theological liberal seminaries are telling you? Source please.

Tell me, with all the attempted extra-biblical writings you are trying to bring up, which part of our text, do they contradict? An example will suffice.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Would you rather it be the Muslims "meddling in international affairs" and having an influence on our laws?

Curious Mary
Both Muslim and Catholic rulers, when they involve themselves in lording it over any government, is intruding on forbidden ground.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Q. To what kind of "rest" does Hebrews 4:9 refer?
A. "Sabbatismos" which refers to the weekly Sabbath. "Kataposis" is the Greek in the first 8 verses, but verse 9 specifically refers to the Sabbath, as Lamsa correctly translates.

Q. Did God "rest from works of sin" when He rested?
A. No, God has never nor will ever "rest from works of sin".

Q. What kind of "rest" did God take?
A. Literal rest from actual work which involved the work of Creation.

Q. What kind of "rest" does Hebrews claim remains for believers who are resting in Christ?
A. The SAME KIND OF REST GOD TOOK: LITERAL REST, NOT "REST FROM WORKS OF SIN."

And if for a moment we'd be honest with ourselves, we'd have to admit that the "rest" that remains for the Christian is the weekly Sabbath rest, which tells the world our rest is in Jesus and how much it is a privilege to join the Creator Redeemer in the rest that He took on the seventh day. :)

Hi ~

Beginning ~
Gods Will, Gods Word, Gods Power.
ONE habitat for man.
ONE man, Formed and "MADE" good.
Mans Complete needs provided.
Mans ONE forbation.
Mans ONE violation.

Word of God, Rules, Laws, with INTENT to Restore the man BACK to good.

Population grows.
Same scenario.
Word of God, Rules, Laws, Consequences.
More men, more forbations, more violations.

Many Called, Many Hear...
Eight People Respond.
Earth, destroyed, "Washed" with "Water".
MANY Living things Cease in Life.
Eight Lifted UP from the face of the Earth.

Population grows.
Same scenario.
More men, more Hearing, more Rejecting.
Wars, Chaos, numerous gods, more division.

The Few who BELIEVE, have entered INTO rest "WITH" God.
THEY NO LONGER LABOR TO BE "WITH" God.

Their appointed TASK, is to continue SPEAKING the "Word of God", for others to "HEAR".
"A DAY" established/instituted (at a Particular Place (ie TEMPLE} for PEOPLE to gather to HEAR, the Word of God.
Other "DAYS" established for those IN FAITH, to conduct and partake in "ceremonies" (feasts, remembrances, praise unto the God, etc.)

Agree...A DAY for gathering to HEAR, was the SEVENTH DAY. Called the Sabbath.

Also, "other days", also called Sabbaths, were on particular days, traditions, for those established "IN" Faith, according TO;
the Word of God. (Jesus)

In "particular" "LAST DAYS", (Heb 1:2)
The Word of God came forth OUT from God, In the LIKENESS, of an Earthly man...
Looked LIKE Earthly men; was SEEN; was HEARD; "BY" Earthly men.

Again, Many heard, Many Called, Many Rejected, FEW became CHOSEN.

The FEW, "first" Heard, Saw, this JESUS...
AS A MAN.
The FEW, "thereafter" came to "KNOW" this Jesus...
AS THEE Lord God Christ Messiah.
(2 Cor 5:16)

Everything has an ORDER and WAY.
All are born IN sin.
Learing ABOUT the Lord God, begins IN a man who WALKS "IN" the flesh.
Continuing or Deflecting...IS "ascertained" by the freewill of an Individual, "walking in the flesh"

The HIGHLIGHT of an INDIVIDUAL, "IS WHEN" a man walking in the Flesh...elects to freely choose to Vow a Commitment TO Thee Lord God.....and BY THE POWER of Thee Lord God....That man IS "MADE" WHOLE, with the Power of God, TO thereafter "walk forever IN the spirit". <--- THAT MAN HAS ENTERED INTO "REST" IN the Lord.

^ THAT MAN, no longer "LABORS", to BECOME "IN" the Spirit/ Whole/ Acceptable to God...body, soul, spirit.

^ THAT MAN, has Become a MEMBER, of Christ's Established Church, whose ROCK Foundation is God, whose Corners Stone Christ, whose building is SPIRITUAL, whose Members are established by their BELIEF....THAT...
Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the living God.

^ Such A man, (member of Christ's Church),
IS at "REST", IN Christ.
Such a man LABORS NO MORE TO "BECOME" "IN" Christ....even AMID the evil, wickedness, chaos, etc. that such man is surrounded with, IN "THIS" world.

The Physical Temple, once exclusive to ONLY "Men" of the Tribe of JUDAH, ie Jews...
HAS BEEN...OPENED UP...the Holy of Holies curtain removed....the TEMPLE requiring animal blood sacrifices...FINISH...

BY Jesus' Offering of HIS BODY.
And the Establishment of Christ's CHUrCH.

More BORN each day, to Hear, Learn, Follow, Trust or Deny....Commit or Walk away....
AND THUS the Church gives a MEETING PLACE, for any desiring to Hear, Learn, etc....
Teachers, Worshipers, men, woman, children and New Comers of any age or gender....congregating IN the Church...

And the WARNING prevails....IN the world, IN "a" Chruch...evil can lurk, influence, lure, entice....thus a GUARD, ie the POWER of God, is needs be most prevelant in the Teachers...
THIS SCENARIO....SOME are IN Christ, some ARE NOT.

Sunday the DAY to Congregate in a Church.
I see no evidence of Sunday PRECISELY being "THE" DAY or Wednesday PRECISELY being "THE" Day to Congregate.

On the other hand, I see no evidence of ANY particular DAY, being announced for Christ's "Church" to congregate.

Jews YES, has a specific DAY to Congregate IN the TEMPLE.

Jesus IS my Sabbath, IN Him is my Rest from Labor of being in the process of BECOMING IN Christ....THAT is already accomplished in me.

Continue my study of His Word....I do.
Continue speaking His Word to others...I do.
Require A Particular Day?...I do not.
Require A Particular Time/Day,,,to thank worship and praise the Lord God...I do not.

And there is ANOTHER DAY...of Rest, "WITH" Like men "ALSO" IN REST, IN Christ...that being the 1,000 year reign.

God Bless,
Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi ~

Beginning ~
ONE habitat for man.
Mans ONE forbation.
Mans ONE violation.

Population grows.
Same scenario.

Eight People Respond.

Population grows.
Same scenario.

Their appointed TASK, is to continue SPEAKING the "Word of God", for others to "HEAR".
"A DAY" established/instituted (at a Particular Place (ie TEMPLE} for PEOPLE to gather to HEAR, the Word of God.
Other "DAYS" established for those IN FAITH, to conduct and partake in "ceremonies" (feasts, remembrances, praise unto the God, etc.)

Also, "other days", also called Sabbaths, were on particular days, traditions, for those established "IN" Faith, according TO;
the Word of God. (Jesus)

AS A MAN.

All are born IN sin.
Continuing or Deflecting...IS "ascertained" by the freewill of an Individual, "walking in the flesh"

The HIGHLIGHT of an INDIVIDUAL, "IS WHEN" a man walking in the Flesh...elects to freely choose to Vow a Commitment TO Thee Lord God.....and BY THE POWER of Thee Lord God....That man IS "MADE" WHOLE, with the Power of God, TO thereafter "walk forever IN the spirit". <--- THAT MAN HAS ENTERED INTO "REST" IN the Lord.

^ THAT MAN, no longer "LABORS", to BECOME "IN" the Spirit/ Whole/ Acceptable to God...body, soul, spirit.

^ THAT MAN, has Become a MEMBER, of Christ's Established Church, whose ROCK Foundation is God, whose Corners Stone Christ, whose building is SPIRITUAL, whose Members are established by their BELIEF....THAT...

IS at "REST", IN Christ.
Such a man LABORS NO MORE TO "BECOME" "IN" Christ....even AMID the evil, wickedness, chaos, etc. that such man is surrounded with, IN "THIS" world.

The Physical Temple, once exclusive to ONLY "Men" of the Tribe of JUDAH, ie Jews...
HAS BEEN...OPENED UP...the Holy of Holies curtain removed....the TEMPLE requiring animal blood sacrifices...FINISH...

More BORN each day, to Hear, Learn, Follow, Trust or Deny....Commit or Walk away....
AND THUS the Church gives a MEETING PLACE, for any desiring to Hear, Learn, etc....
Teachers, Worshipers, men, woman, children and New Comers of any age or gender....congregating IN the Church...

And the WARNING prevails....IN the world, IN "a" Chruch...evil can lurk, influence, lure, entice....thus a GUARD, ie the POWER of God, is needs be most prevelant in the Teachers...

I see no evidence of Sunday PRECISELY being "THE" DAY or Wednesday PRECISELY being "THE" Day to Congregate.

On the other hand, I see no evidence of ANY particular DAY, being announced for Christ's "Church" to congregate.

Jesus IS my Sabbath, IN Him is my Rest from Labor of being in the process of BECOMING IN Christ....THAT is already accomplished in me.

Require A Particular Time/Day,,,to thank worship and praise the Lord God...I do not.

And there is ANOTHER DAY...of Rest, "WITH" Like men "ALSO" IN REST, IN Christ...that being the 1,000 year reign.

God Bless,
Taken
Don't you see a slight problem with agreeing Christians are to observe every of the other nine commandments without comment, explanation, exegesis, expository, or anything the like, as they are written...but when it comes to the fourth, you're posting extensive content about how the explicit specificity of the commandment may be safely ignored?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi ~

Beginning ~
ONE habitat for man.
Mans ONE forbation.
Mans ONE violation.

Population grows.
Same scenario.

Eight People Respond.

Population grows.
Same scenario.

the Word of God. (Jesus)

AS A MAN.

All are born IN sin.

IS at "REST", IN Christ.

God Bless,
Taken

In Christ, every day is a Sabbath day..

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you see a slight problem with agreeing Christians are to observe every of the other nine commandments without comment, explanation, exegesis, expository, or anything the like, as they are written...but when it comes to the fourth, you're posting extensive content about how the explicit specificity of the commandment may be safely ignored?

What I see is facts and TRUTH.

PEOPLE, speak of "Christians", AS IF, anyone calling themselves or an other "A Christian";
The individual "IS" Converted "IN" Christ...
Which simply "IS NOT" a Fact or Truth.

The "name" Christian, was a "name", men WHO DID NOT "FOLLOW JESUS' TEACHINGS", call men WHO DID "FOLLOW JESUS and His TEACHINGS".

JESUS Himself, revealed the KNOWLEDGE, "following", at ANYTIME, can BE "rejected" and the Individual STOP FOLLOWING.

JESUS Himself, delineated, the "TERM",
"CONVERTED" (in, by, through belief and submission to God "AND" CHRIST), is what "DIVIDES" men, and SETS men "APART" from all other men.

Luke 12
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

John 14
[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Matt 18
[3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

THE, believers IN BOTH, God and Christ;
THE, converted IN Jesus the Christ;
ARE, the Divided, FROM the rest of the World.
THE, converted ARE NO LONGER, "OF" this World.

John 15
[19] If ye were "of" the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not "of" the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

OT men "Were" DIVIDED.
Those who BELIEVED in thee Heavenly God, and those who DID NOT.
The Believers IN God, and IN Gods Word,
(Which BTW the "NAME" of Gods Word, was KEPT SECRET, from OT men)
THOSE OT men were introduced TO "LAWS".

The premise of A LAW, ANY LAW, IS that the LAW, "MUST" have a "consequence"...
FOR Obeying the Law...
OR
FOR Disobeying the Law.

Obeying a LAW, gained OT men "FAVOR and REWARDS and BLESSINGS" from God.
( ie a POSITIVE consequence)

Disobeying a LAW, gained OT men "CURSES and PUNISHMENTS and causing them to be SUBJECTED "TO" their enemies".
( ie a NEGATIVE consequence)

Continued

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued To Phoneman777

When Jesus Arrived ON EARTH, He had many things TO ACCOMPLISH...
One thing applicable to this conversation IS;
JESUS FULFILLED "THE LAW".

Now you have to Ask yourself...
ARE You or Were you EVER Taught you were a Hebrew, subject to the OT LAW(S) of Moses?

ARE you or were you EVER a man Accounted as ANY of the 12 TRIBES of ISRAEL, and subject to the the LAW(S) given the Twelve Tribes of ISRAEL?

IF NOT...Then why would you PERTEND you ARE subject to "THEIR" Laws, any more than YOU would MAKE yourself SUBJECT TO Chinese Laws, or Hindu Laws, or Islamic Laws, or ANY other Laws to which YOU are not Jurisdictionally Subject to such Laws?

IF SO...Then WHY would you PICK and CHOOSE only CERTAIN Laws, and NOT FOLLOW or OBEY "ALL" of their Laws?

Do you go to Temple Exalt God and Reject JESUS as the Christ Messiah? Do you sacrifice Animals? Do you KEEP their Traditions, Customs, Festivals?

The Laws given Hebrews and the Twelve Tribes of Israel were NOT GIVEN GENTILES.

Jesus the Christ Messiah CAME to Earth Seeking "LOST" Jews, NOT GENTILES.

Jesus Chose and Taught 12 JEWS and SENT 11 JEWS to Carry on SEEKING LOST JEWS, and Introducing THEM TO the KNOWLEDGE OF, Jesus, Being THEIR Christ Messiah! (All of them...men, women and children), that THEY might elect to JOIN Jesus' CHURCH, and become themselves....believers IN Christ Jesus, and CONVERT "IN" Christ.

When you read the accounts and Gospel According to Jesus' Disciples/Apostles....
It is primarily TO JEWS, ABOUT JEWS, with a Steeped history specific to THEM and their forefathers, and the Gentiles are still referenced as HEATHENS.

Scripture also reveals IT was JESUS who ALSO called on and APPOINTED SAUL,( a son of a Jewish Woman, also called PAUL, being a son of Gentile father (a Roman)....)....TO Hear the Gospel and BE SENT OUT TO THE GENTILES TO TEACH THEM....
OF; Thee Heavenly God Almighty "AND"
Jesus the Christ Messiah and HIS Gospel.

Jews, By and through Jesus' teachings, AND the appointed Disciples of Jesus...were Jews, becoming the First earthly men, CONVERTS, "IN Christ".

By and through Jesus' forward to Saul/Paul, the Gentiles BEGAN, becoming CONVERTS IN Christ.

CONVERTS IN Christ...
WHO were/are Jews, or of ANY Tribe of ISRAEL, believe JESUS FULFILLED "THEIR" Laws.

A FULFILLED LAW, thereafter has NO NEGATIVE Consequences....FOR NOT Obeying "THE LAW".

A LAW without Negative Consequences, is a LAW without force and effect.

God established king David's Throne, as an Everlasting Throne, and is the SAME Throne IN Jerusalem, in Which Jesus holds Title to Sit as King over His People, and Jerusalem Within His Kingdom.

God established THREE times a year for Israel (Gods People) to make a Pilgrimage TO Jerusalem.

Why would ISRAEL need to MAKE a Pilgrimage? Because the Jews are scattered everywhere.

Because they ARE scattered, Jews who had ONLY the Temple in Jerusalem, (and afterward the Temple Destroyed)...continued to GATHER TOGETHER, on the weekly Sabbath (the Seventh Day), we call Saturday.

They BUILT Buildings for their gatherings; called Synagogues.
Jewish MEN NOT Converted, Jewish MEN and WOMEN Converted, and Gentile MEN and WOMEN Converted, were ALL "GATHERING" on the Seventh Day, IN Synogogues.

Try to imagine the Hostilities of Jews and Gentiles TRYING TO be Gathered together IN HARMONY, of beliefs, sacraments, traditions, customs....that were NOT THE SAME!
And the Hostility...amongst them and TOWARD Apostals who would visit or send Letters to be Read to the Whole GATHERING.

The Gathering of JEWS, rejecting Christ as their Christ Messiah, continued Gathering on the Seventh Day....while the Jews / Gentiles "IN" Christ began meeting in the Synongogues ON SUNDAY, the Day Jesus the Christ Messiah ROSE UP FROM THE DEAD.

History bears out what happened thereafter...
The deaths of the Apostles ...
The Jews electing Conversion being hated by Jews desiring to Remain UNDER Jewish Law.
The Majority of Jews electing to forgo Conversion and Remain UNDER the Law.
The Jews continuing their weekly Sabbath on the Seventh Day, in THEIR Synogogues.
Converted Gentiles building their own PLACES to GAtHER, called a CHURCH.
Gentiles ACCEPTING the DAY their Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah ROSE UP FROM THE DEAD, Sunday, as their DAY to Gather, in a Church they choose to attend.

ANY Jew can ATTEND a Synogogue AND Participate in their Sacraments, BECAUSE they ARE of the TRIBE of ISRAEL.

ANYONE can ATTEND a Church AND ONLY, those WHO, have become CONVERTED IN CHRIST, CAN Participate in their Sacraments.

And Anyone can Call themselves "A Christian"...or others can call them "A Christian", whether or not the individual has become Converted.

God Has a PLAN FOR His ISRAEL to become Converted DURING the Great Tribulation.

First ISRAEL (Gods People) MUST BE subjected TO Negative Consequences for Having Rejected Jesus the Christ, as THEIR Messiah.
THEY are Subject to the Consequence "OF" "The Wrath of the Lamb"....

Rev 6
[16] And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

THEY did NOT reject God, thus they are NOT subjected to the Wrath of God, which follows AFTER the Wrath of the Lamb.

THEY are SENT...Witnesses who speak on behalf of God.
THeY are SENT...12,000 each of every Tribe of Israel to Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, their Christ Messiah....that THEY may become IN BELIEF and Accept Jesus as their Christ Messiah.
They shall be saved, quickened, and bodily KILLED by the armies of the Anti-Christ.
Their saved souls, quickened spirit shall RISE UP TO HEAVEN, and their BODIES raised in glory ON Earth...AFTER the 1,000 year reign, when ALL Bodies are gathered....unto God, who Belong TO GOD, (forgiven, saved, quickened, raise IN Bodily glory) and shall occupy the earth forever with THEIR God.

"Those who Come to belief DURING the Great Tribulation...are not Christ's Church.
Christ's Church....become DEAD, via being Crucified with Christ.

Christ's Church IS NOT SBJECT to:
The Wrath of the Lamb
Or
The Wrath of God
Or Gods Cup of Indignation
During ANY PART of the Great Tribulation.

Well aware I went in depth beyond your POINT of A CHURCH should being Observing the Seventh Day, as a Sabbath, that God Instructed AS A LAW TO: Hebrews and the Tribes of Israel.

I believe Jesus IS the fulfillment of OT LAWS.
I believe Scriptural teaching is Clear...MEN by their OWN Power FAIL TO KEEP LAWS set forth BY God.

I believe it is ONLY, when God/Christ the Lord is "WITH" a man that a man CAN KEEP A LAW, Gods sets forth TO THE MAN.

I am NOT a Hebrew. I am NOT a Jew. I am not of any of the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

I am subject to the Laws Jesus set forth FOR Gentiles.

Jesus' LAWS are expressed by Jesus Himself...
To Love thee Lord God above all other things...and To Love all other people...friends or enemies...

Matt 22
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang [B} all the law [/B] and the
prophets.

I believe a man Converted IN Christ can ONLY Accomplish Jesus' LAWS, BY having the Indwelling of the Power (ie Holy Spirit) of God.

I believe there was NO EXPRESS DAY Set by God or Jesus, FOR a Gathering of Christ's Church. (Except for the DAY, Christ Himself, shall CALL His CHURCH up to MEET HIM IN the Clouds....and NO NAMED DAY, has been revealed).
I believe ANY DAY, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE IS what Jesus taught .... He would be present with Two or three.....
And WHEN "I" am ALWAYS WITH Jesus so also there is God....and that to me IS THREE.

Matt 18
[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 14
[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
AND, when "AN" Individual wasnted to PRAY TO THE Lord, He said nothing about being IN a "gathering", BUT rather,

Matt 6
[6] But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

While you think it a command for Jesus' Church of Converted men TO gather on the Seventh Day of the Week.....I find nothing in Scripture Requiring Christ's Church to meet on ANY Particular Day or ANY Particular Place.

Please excuse the misspellings. I reply from my phone and do not always catch a misspelled word.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seriously Mary ~

Consider any religion that "IS" the religion of a Government. And consider, the religious Clerics are intertwined with the Government heads of State.

^ For Example: That APPLIES to: Judaism, Islam, and Catholicism.

IF and WHEN there "IS" a complaint against ANY "Official", Cleric or otherwise regarding the Government, it becomes an "INTERNAL AFFAIR". And "INTERNAL AFFAIRS" do not ALWAYS become "PUBLIC Knowledge".

That does not APPLY to Protestants.
The US does NOT have an OFFICIAL State Religion.
Lodging a Complaint Against a Protestant Cleric, certaining CAN Be addressed with a Board of governors of a particular denomination, or InHouse deacons or such and absolutely with Filing a complaint with their own Jurisdictional Law Enforcement Government Agency, which IS a matter of PUBLIC RECORD.

Catholics Officials for YEARS have taken advantage of hearing complaints of congregants, and dealing with the accused Offender, "INHOUSE"....which many Catholics Complained....was a false Justice....that the victims felt let down as if their abuse was made out to be THEIR FAULT, and the Cleric, literally received NO Punishment.

The Story is NOT about HOW MANY statistically and comparatively of Catholic and Protestant Clerics sexually Abused their congregates...

But rather, the Catholic Church taking advantage of the (Government/Religion) mix, and NOT Punishing Catholic Clerics, when they were found to have sexually assulted their congregates.

And the FACT is; It is Catholics, or former Catholics who were at the forefront of the most recent news of them telling their own stories of Abuse and No Just penalty/punishment ever having been appointed to the Cleric involved.

It's the years long cover-ups and denials,
By Clerics...(Catholic or Protestant)....that would be expected....

But when the Church itself is involved with the cover-ups and denials....that reflects on the Standard of the WHOLE Church.

To my understanding....EVERY Catholic Church is Under the Authority of the pope, meaning it does not matter, where the Catholic chruch IS, they are all as One church...

That is not the same for Protestants. What one Protestant Cleric or Church does or does not do, Does not reflect on ALL Protestant churches.

Glory to God,
Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind. And yes. :eek:

Lol ...

Peace be with you!
Hi, PJ, I would like to extend my sincere sentiments to you that I DO NOT CONDEMN CATHOLICS for being such when I talk of Historicist eschatology - the criticism is of the system, not the dear people within. I have an ex-catholic friend who is now Baptist and says no catholic is going to heaven, and we butt heads over this because it's just not true. Anyway, peace unto you friend!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the criticism is of the system, not the dear people within.

Helle Phoneman,

Yes, i understand. And truly, i appreciate the sentimant...

But what you dont ubderstand , is we are ONE, warts and all...

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How ignorant can you be? Sad, sad, sad...

It is PRECISELY BECAUSE THE TRUTH is IN ME, that I CAN SIN NO MORE!

Obviously....you fail to comprehend....
Claiming to SIN NO MORE, is not saying you have no sin. It is PRECISELY SAYING, you NO LONGER commit SIN!

Good grief, LEARN what the scripture SAYS, and STOP trying to APPLY Scriptures to OTHERS, that DO NOT APPLY to THEM.

NO ONE solicited YOU to DICTATE what they believe, or WHICH scripture DO or DO NOT APPLY TO THEM.

Perhaps YOU ARE UNAWARE, an Individuals established Relationship with the Lord, didn't AND doesn't INCLUDE YOU and your wagging tongue!

Glory to God,
Taken
An yet - the Scriptures prove you wrong and state that those like YOU who deny they sin do NOT have the truth in you (1 John 1:8).

Good luck
with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Grief BOL...when you accuse people of LYING, you are calling them a LIAR.

I will flat out call YOU SPEAKING FOR ME A LIE.
But UNLIKE YOU, I do not call people's beliefs a LIE.

I highly DOUBT you comprehend the MAGNITUDE of the Lords Spirit WITHIN A MAN...since you claim you were taught you were baptized with the Holy Spirit WITHOUT your knowledge...

Glory to God,
Taken
That's not true.

I recently told my friend that he should lose some weight for health reasons.
Not ONCE did I call him a "fat pig" - so YOU just lied again . . .