The Coming Great Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you think Eternal means forever, Eb?

Let's take that from the Lord's perspective, since the last thing I am ever going to do is give you an actual answer
For our God is a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29.
Being God that He is, only His Fire is Eternal.
Therefore, when Jesus returns in flaming fire, that Fire is Eternal and unquenchable, and shall burn to death everyone who is unsaved, as well as the entire surface of the earth, aka "the lake of fire".
See 2 Peter 3:10

Since all of that which is burned by God's Fire, it all will be burned out, and eventually shall cease to burn.
It's sort of like the flame of a "Welder's Torch" being applied to a napkin. Once it is ignited, of itself it will burn up, but the flames of the napkin will go out, for nothing left burn. However the flame of the Welder's torch remains burning.

So, sorry, is that a yes or a no? In your perspective, if you would

There is only One Immortal

Can you rectify your pov with that v, ty

Strong's Greek: 166. αἰώνιος (aiónios) -- agelong, eternal
"
[166 (aiṓnios) does not focus on the future per se, but rather on the quality of the age (165 /aiṓn) it relates to. Thus believers live in "eternal (166 /aiṓnios) life" right now, experiencing this quality of God's life now as a present possession. (Note the Gk presenttense of having eternal life in Jn 3:36, 5:24, 6:47; cf. Ro 6:23.)]"

See 165, aion (eon)

I answered your question. Ok actually I came up with another deflection, sucker, how do you like me now. Here's another one in case you didn't get the hint, see how I'm using the same words you did and everything!
2Thes. 1[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Since Jesus is God the Son, and Eternal/Immortal, note my most excellent and clear explanation of your obvious confusion on the matter, right here, see, "eternal/Immortal," right out of the Book prolly, (and pls insert "return" for "be revealed" up there in that Scripture v that has nothing to do with the subject while you're at it)
The fire of God is Eternal, as God is Eternal, as my obfuscation is eternal.

God is also Immortal, but the question was
"do you believe that 'Eternal' means 'forever'?"
which I understand why you don't want to answer ok, no prob
Eternity, like Eon, has an ending, as the Word Study makes obv...lol, why am I saying this again lol
Bye
Oh gee well if you're gonna get all huffy then fu pal, I'll take the high ground! All I gotta do is ignore everything in that post except "bye," woo-hoo!

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I would take that more seriously if you had not already ignored the only evidence I recollect being presented on the matter, or if you had presented some of yours on the same subject without deflecting, Eb. So eternity means "forever" to you then, ok by me bro
gotcha Eb, ty, surely Scripture has gone to some lengths to clarify the concept in the many ignored refs I gave so that all may find what they seek. Have a nice day
There is only One Immortal
God is from eternity to eternity
It is appointed for a man to live once

etc
I get it, according to YOUR bible version: God lives from one eternity to the next.
What is it that you are trying to make out of the word eternity?
I see that He was Eternal before the world, and is Eternal after this world!! God is Forever!
Now, is God Himself Eternal, or is He not?

The KJV:
Heb. 9[26] For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
> IOWs, in the time of Adam, God appointed men to die!
> But then finally, the judgment CAME, and it was THIS:
[28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
> See John 3:18 for the details of that judgment.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I get it, according to YOUR bible version: God lives from one eternity to the next.
What is it that you are trying to make out of the word eternity?

perhaps a witness will show up, no offense but you seem to be deliberately making jokes now at my expense? ta till then.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
perhaps a witness will show up
You'll have to give a little more detail, on what you mean by "witness".
Other than John the Baptist and Jesus, who already did show up, there will be no others, that were prophetically foretold!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
perhaps a witness will show up, no offense but you seem to be deliberately making jokes now at my expense? ta till then.
What?? I am not making jokes!! I am very serious about the topic that you brought up about Eternity!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh gee well if you're gonna get all huffy then fu pal, I'll take the high ground
So now, you are going re-post my posts, with you putting your words in my mouth??
If you keep doing that, there will be nothing that you can talk about, except maybe your credibility.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah
Ha no wait, I got one more,
"All I gotta do is just ignore everything in that post down to 'bye'
lol. Thanks for the chuckles ok, made my day
Yeah! You are a real laff a minute yourself. You play dodge ball real good, with Roller blades on.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, and the I'm rubber you're glue defense, I even almost called it, well played sir
ya, I'm a wormy guy alright

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to give a little more detail, on what you mean by "witness".
Other than John the Baptist and Jesus, who already did show up, there will be no others, that were prophetically foretold!

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12
Thanks! I do understand that facet of being a witness. My issue with the poster was I didn't know what he was referring to in the context of our discussion.

Reactions: amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus that great falling away is NOT yet happened today. It is hard-linked to the time of that coming false one exalting himself as Messiah in Jerusalem.
Have you ever heard of the Dark Ages? A time when between 50 - 150 Christians were killed BY ORDER OF THE CHURCH? You're preaching Jesuit Futurism. Protestant Historicism is the correct interpretation of eschatology, and shows how the "falling away" happened right on time and the "man of sin" arose and sat in the "temple of God showing himself that he is God", that temple being the church.

You've probably never heard of Protestant Historicism, right? But did you know that it was the only interpretation taught in the Christian church for over THREE SOLID CENTURIES up until only about 150 years ago when Jesuit "left behind" Futurism began to take over? Yes, it's true. Please investigate.