The Coming Great Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Regardless of what you think of the RCC, they do teach Christ Crucified, resurrected from the dead, Ascended into Heaven bodily, and shall return in like manner.
The Mother OF Harlots was "Jerusalem that now is".
Even today "Jerusalem" will not accept "her" Savior, the Lord Jesus!
The modern day churches did not spring up out of the Jewish religion, they sprouted out of the RC church, after a man saw through all the hypocrisies and nailed a piece of paper to a door, it is the pope that has world leaders bow to him and kiss his ring not the Jews.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the SDAs are not the same?? When shall you learn that all of "church-ianity" is the same as the Mother- Jerusalem! They do what the Mother did.
The JEws dont worship Idols, they worship the one true God, as for the SDA just one of the harlots many daughters.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The modern day churches did not spring up out of the Jewish religion, they sprouted out of the RC church, after a man saw through all the hypocrisies and nailed a piece of paper to a door, it is the pope that has world leaders bow to him and kiss his ring not the Jews.
And nothing important happened to Jerusalem, according to the 70 weeks?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While this may be the case, the third temple will not be the final temple (which is described in Ezekiel). The reasons being that (1) the Antichrist will desecrate this temple and therefore it will be destroyed and (2) the third temple is not being built under the authority of Christ. So there will be a fourth temple as presented in Ezekiel.

I had to think and pray about this one a bit. They did not have to rebuild the Temple after the desecration that was perpetrated by the Seleucid king, Antiochus IV Epiphanies (a type of the Antichrist). They did, however, need to re-dedicate it. The festival of Hanukkah (also known as the "Festival of Lights) celebrates that re-dedication, after the Maccabees regained control of Jerusalem and the Temple from the Seleucid forces. God authenticated the re-dedication by providing the miracle of having only enough oil for one day's lighting of the Temple menorah expand into eight days. It is thought that Jesus Himself celebrated the "Feast of Dedication" since, in John 10:22, He is pictured at the Temple during that celebration.

In actual fact, the first and second Temples were built under the authority of Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:27--->"For the Scriptures say, 'God Almighty has put all things under His [Christ's] authority.' (Of course, when it says 'all things are under His authority,' that does not include God Almighty Himself, who gave Christ His authority.)

Edit to add: I just noticed that it looks like I am quoting and replying to myself! No, I am not a victim of multiple personality.:rolleyes: Not sure what happened.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Mormons, JWs and the Pentecostal? They are OK?[/QUOTE]

Mormons, JWs and several Pentecostal branches are cults. Other branches are what the bible calls babes on mother's milk spiritually.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And nothing important happened to Jerusalem, according to the 70 weeks?

It is God who put a veil over there eyes for our sake, what so called christian churches have done is out of pride and arrogance.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Rom_11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Official Judaism does not, but belief in Jesus is spreading rapidly in Israel, like a fire that burns through the underbrush of a forest. Jewish-Christians have formed a political party and they have been promised seats in the Israeli Knesset. We need to pray for them--they are often persecuted.
I guess the point is that the progress of the Gospel from the church by the Word of God does not come via status in the Knesset or any other body of politicians. (I reckon mine is a dispensational viewpoint.)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess the point is that the progress of the Gospel from the church by the Word of God does not come via status in the Knesset or any other body of politicians. (I reckon mine is a dispensational viewpoint.)

True--representation in the Knesset is neither here nor there ("Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord"). I was just using it as a gauge of how much the Jewish-Christian community had grown.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to think and pray about this one a bit. They did not have to rebuild the Temple after the desecration that was perpetrated by the Seleucid king, Antiochus IV Epiphanies (a type of the Antichrist). They did, however, need to re-dedicate it. The festival of Hanukkah (also known as the "Festival of Lights) celebrates that re-dedication, after the Maccabees regained control of Jerusalem and the Temple from the Seleucid forces. God authenticated the re-dedication by providing the miracle of having only enough oil for one day's lighting of the Temple menorah expand into eight days. It is thought that Jesus Himself celebrated the "Feast of Dedication" since, in John 10:22, He is pictured at the Temple during that celebration.

In actual fact, the first and second Temples were built under the authority of Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:27--->"For the Scriptures say, 'God Almighty has put all things under His [Christ's] authority.' (Of course, when it says 'all things are under His authority,' that does not include God Almighty Himself, who gave Christ His authority.)
Yes, the temple was "destroyed" (the AoD) and then it was "restored" by Judas Maccabeus.
Does that sound prophetic in any manner, to that of Christ Himself?
They "destroyed" His temple, and then He "restored" it through His Resurrection. John 2: 19-21

Is any wonder how Jesus meant it when he said:
Matt.24[15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Well?......do YOU understand???
Here is a clue:
John.2[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God who put a veil over there eyes for our sake, what so called christian churches have done is out of pride and arrogance.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Rom_11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
No, that is not what happened to Jerusalem, according to the 70 week prophecy in Daniel.
Here is a clue:
70AD.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are trying to disqualify Israel from Salvation than you are barking up the wrong tree, it just might fall on you. Remember the parable of the Fig tree.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the temple was "destroyed" (the AoD) and then it was "restored" by Judas Maccabeus.

No, it was NOT destroyed--it was DESECRATED. Read the historical accounts of the period. That is what the "abomination of desolation" was--a DESECRATION! Antiochus Epiphanies ordered a pig to be sacrificed in the Temple of God--he did not order it to be burned down. If the Temple had been destroyed, there would be no place for the "abomination of desolation" to "stand" (a statue of himself as Zeus).

Even though the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D., the Roman General, Titus did not order it (the Romans were generally hesitant to aggravate conquered people by insulting their various religions). His soldiers took it upon themselves to burn it down, in order to more easily obtain the gold that lined the tall walls inside the Temple. When they burned it down, the gold melted and flowed around and between the foundation stones of the Temple, which they then pried apart to obtain the gold. This fulfilled the Lord's prediction that "not one stone will be left upon another".

You are being insulting, Earburner and if you persist, I will not answer further.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are trying to disqualify Israel from Salvation than you are barking up the wrong tree, it just might fall on you. Remember the parable of the Fig tree.
Not all of Israel is Israel. However out of each generation, a remnant are saved, through faith in Jesus Christ. Surely you do know that.
Israel as a nation, became equal to all the Gentile nations in 70AD.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it was NOT destroyed--it was DESECRATED. Read the historical accounts of the period. That is what the "abomination of desolation" was--a DESECRATION! If the Temple had been destroyed, there would be no place for the "abomination of desolation" to "stand". You are being insulting, Earburner ad if you persist, I will not answer further.
Yes, I agree that it is offensive to think about, but it was by the sacrifice of Christ Himself that CAUSED the temple sacrifices and oblation to cease!
He Jesus, is that "he" of Daniel 9
[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
[27] And he (Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (Jesus) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he (Jesus) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I agree that it is offensive to think about, but it was by the sacrifice of Christ Himself that CAUSED the temple sacrifices and oblation to cease!
He Jesus, is that "he" of Daniel 9
[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
[27] And he (Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (Jesus) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he (Jesus) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

That makes Jesus into the Antichrist. Sorry to say this but that is utter blasphemy. The Temple was destroyed because of Israel's continued unbelief and because they persisted in thinking that war was the way to be rescued from under the heel of Rome. Sad that they seem to have never understood that a turning to God's Son (God was/is the owner of the Vineyard) was the only thing necessary for their rescue.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not all of Israel is Israel. However out of each generation, a remnant are saved, through faith in Jesus Christ. Surely you do know that.
Israel as a nation, became equal to all the Gentile nations in 70AD.
Thats BS Israel will be saved because of Gods plan for there salvation, HE spread them through the earth so the antichrist will not wipe them out like he proposed to do through the holicast and the rc rampage through Europe, and now HE is bringing them home so that He can fulfill His promise to Israel, and the day will come that they will cry out and trun again to God and the He will hear them forgive there sins the Veil will be removed from there eyes, and they will see there Messiah and they will "all" be saved.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes Jesus into the Antichrist. Sorry to say this but that is utter blasphemy. The Temple was destroyed because of Israel's continued unbelief and because they persisted in thinking that war was the way to be rescued from under the heel of Rome. Sad that they seem to have never understood that a turning to God's Son (God was/is the owner of the Vineyard) was the only thing necessary for their rescue.
No it does not!! Your thinking goes that way because of the false indoctrination the churches pound into our heads.
As I have said before, there is no such thing as a one man band, singular man, to come, that the churches love to call "THE" Antichrist.
"That spirit of antichrist", yes, but not "THE" Antichrist.