THE DAY OF THE LORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The fact that your thoughts about Rev. 20:4-5 contradict Dan. 12:1 should tell you Rev. 20:4-5 has a different meaning than you attached to it.
That is because they are different events, at different times.
Rev 20:4-6 will occur at the glorious Return of Jesus. That prophecy is literal, it means what it says. ONLY the GT martyrs will be resurrected then.

Daniel 12:1-3, is a prophecy about the Great White Throne Judgment, AFTER the Millennium. When the Book of Life will be opened. Proved by Eternity, as described in verse 3.

You are just another one who comes onto a forum like this one and thinks they will correct all our postings here. But you have already shown your lack of Bible knowledge and bias toward Church teachings.
You may think that because everyone you know believes as you do, then you have the truth, So, when you see people here disputing your beliefs, it becomes a mission for you to 'correct' us.
It would not be so bad, but your high-handed attitude and obvious stance of; I'm right and you are wrong, is arrogant and unpleasant.

Just remember that Paul said there would be false teachers and many will fall for their theories. 2 Timothy 4:3-4
And James 3:1, Those who teach will be more severely Judged.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 25:1-10 relegates your post to being out there in la la land to put it nicely.
Matt. 25:1...........10 “And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 “And later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘ Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 “But he answered and said, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 “ Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.
Dear jamesalbright,
The Parable on the Ten Virgins teaches the pathway to salvation using the Marriage analogy. It teaches exactly what I have been presenting to you in my other posts.

Here is its meaning:

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto TEN virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

The parable begins by showing us Ten Virgins. The spiritual term Virgins symbolizes all believers who have been called out from the world.

2Cor 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

When the parable begins, all Ten Virgins have received the Early Rain of the Spirit, but not the Latter Rain. The number TEN represents completeness. During the parable, all Ten Virgins will be shown to have been made “worse than the first” (Mat 12:43-45). This devolution of their spiritual nature will complete their carnality and they will become a Man of Sin.

The lamp which all Ten Virgins carry represents the Word of God (Christ/Truth) and the light which the lamp gives off represents the Law:

Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Prov 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

With the light of the Law lighting the pathway, all Ten Virgins will be led to Christ.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Mat 25:2 And FIVE of them were Wise, and FIVE were Foolish.

The parable continues with two additional symbols: FIVE Wise Virgins and FIVE Foolish Virgins.

The number Five is a symbol for how we relate to God.

There are two ways by which mankind can approach God; one is by our own works and the other way is by Faith.

The Five Foolish Virgins represent those who have been called out but have not been chosen to be saints. They will only approach Christ by their own works in this age. They will remain under the Law until their physical deaths.

The Five Wise Virgins represent those who have been called out and chosen to be saints. They will for a time approach Christ by their own works alongside the Five Foolish Virgins but they will eventually change their approach to Faith.

The number of days the Five Wise Virgins will spend under the Law will be “shortened” because they will be harvested into the Kingdom of Heaven EARLY. They are the First Fruits of Christ’s harvest of mankind. The Five Wise Virgins are the only ones who will be saved in this present age.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The parable continues with:

Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

While all Ten Virgins wait for the Bridegroom to come a second time (the first time was when the betrothal was made at the Early Rain), they all slumber & sleep and do not keep watch. The phrase “slumbered and slept” represents the time when all Ten Virgins are spiritually blind and spiritually dead. At this time, the Wise Virgins are spiritually no different from the Foolish Virgins. As a result of this worsened spiritual state, they have all become a Man of Sin (2Thes 2:1-4).

However, verse 4 tells us that the Five Wise Virgins carry an extra flask of oil. This extra oil represents the anointing of the Latter Rain of the Spirit. This extra oil will fill their lamps with the Spirit of the Law and will light their way under the New Covenant of Grace through faith.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Midnight represents the darkest part of a called out believer’s spiritual blindness when they are under the full measure of Satan’s influence and have become a Man of Sin. When the call goes out to announce the Bridegroom’s approach, all Ten Virgins hear the call and trim their lamps. This is the same call that was made by John the Baptist to the Nation of Israel and is the same call being made now by converted Elect believers. The purpose of the call is to tell the Wise Virgins to repent from their works and to make the pathway straight for the Lord to travel. With their repentance and extra oil, the Wise Virgins are “ready” for the return of the Bridegroom and the Marriage of the Lamb.

Note: This time of waiting for the Bridegroom to return was “typed” by the 120 Jewish Elect who waited in the upper room. Then, on the Day of Pentecost, they received the Latter Rain of the Spirit and were made ready for the Marriage of the Lamb (Acts 1:12-15). After their spiritual blindness was healed, the Bridegroom returned and took them to the wedding.

When the Ten Virgins hear “the voice of one crying in the wilderness” (Luke 3:4) and “come out of her my people” (Rev 18:4), they all rise up from their slumber and trim their lamps. However, since the Foolish Virgins do not have any extra oil, they are not ready for the Bridegroom to arrive. As their lamps begin to go out, they have to turn back to buy more. When the Bridegroom arrives, the Wise Virgins (who have the extra oil) are the only ones there to meet Christ. The Latter Rain of the Spirit (extra Oil) has made them an acceptable chaste virgin again. The Wise Virgins will then travel with the Bridegroom to the wedding where they will be born again as a child of God.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Since the Foolish Virgins are forced to “turn back”, they will remain under the Law and will die in their sins.

This time of turning back is presented in John 6:66 when some of Christ’s disciples turned back from following Christ after hearing the cry of John the Baptist.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

They, too, lacked the extra oil for their lamps.

The Five Foolish Virgins simply were not chosen from the foundation of the world to be included in the harvest of First Fruits. Without the extra oil, they had no choice but to turn back.

CONTINUED ON THE NEXT POST...

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 25:1-10 relegates your post to being out there in la la land to put it nicely.
Matt. 25:1...........10 “And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 “And later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘ Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 “But he answered and said, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 “ Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST...

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Upon the Foolish Virgins’ resurrection from the grave, they will be rejected by Christ and find that their portion is going to be with the unbelievers. This event commences the Day of the Lord for them. At that time, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire where they will be judged in wrath.

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the Lake of Fire.

The Foolish Virgins were not blessed to have their days under the Law and as a Man of Sin shortened (Mat 24:22) As a result, they will have to wait until the end of the harvest season (final age) for their salvation. They will suffer “loss” and will not have life in the Kingdom of Heaven during the ages. But they will be saved; “yet so as by fire”.

1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abides which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

When the Great Day of the Harvest (Feast of Tabernacles) finally arrives, this call will go out:

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

At that time, the remaining harvest of mankind will be gathered into the Kingdom of Heaven.

With this harvest, the Kingdom of Heaven will now contain “all” who died in Adam:

1Cor 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the first-fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Christ’s reign will come to an end and God will be ‘all in all”.

Joe

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:4-6 will occur at the glorious Return of Jesus. That prophecy is literal, it means what it says. ONLY the GT martyrs will be resurrected then.

Daniel 12:1-3, is a prophecy about the Great White Throne Judgment, AFTER the Millennium. When the Book of Life will be opened. Proved by Eternity, as described in verse 3.

You are just another one who comes onto a forum like this one and thinks they will correct all our postings here. But you have already shown your lack of Bible knowledge and bias toward Church teachings.
You may think that because everyone you know believes as you do, then you have the truth, So, when you see people here disputing your beliefs, it becomes a mission for you to 'correct' us.
It would not be so bad, but your high-handed attitude and obvious stance of; I'm right and you are wrong, is arrogant and unpleasant.

Just remember that Paul said there would be false teachers and many will fall for their theories. 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I would have to write a book to answer all of the ways you are wrong. Good Luck.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture cannot contradict itself.

What is your view of Luke 21:20?
I've already answered this question and I am not going to waste my time with people who don't read my posts and ignore the scriptures. Good Luck.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good Luck.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear jamesalbright,
The Parable on the Ten Virgins teaches the pathway to salvation using the Marriage analogy. It teaches exactly what I have been presenting to you in my other posts.

Here is its meaning:

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto TEN virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

The parable begins by showing us Ten Virgins. The spiritual term Virgins symbolizes all believers who have been called out from the world.

2Cor 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

When the parable begins, all Ten Virgins have received the Early Rain of the Spirit, but not the Latter Rain. The number TEN represents completeness. During the parable, all Ten Virgins will be shown to have been made “worse than the first” (Mat 12:43-45). This devolution of their spiritual nature will complete their carnality and they will become a Man of Sin.

The lamp which all Ten Virgins carry represents the Word of God (Christ/Truth) and the light which the lamp gives off represents the Law:

Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Prov 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

With the light of the Law lighting the pathway, all Ten Virgins will be led to Christ.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Mat 25:2 And FIVE of them were Wise, and FIVE were Foolish.

The parable continues with two additional symbols: FIVE Wise Virgins and FIVE Foolish Virgins.

The number Five is a symbol for how we relate to God.

There are two ways by which mankind can approach God; one is by our own works and the other way is by Faith.

The Five Foolish Virgins represent those who have been called out but have not been chosen to be saints. They will only approach Christ by their own works in this age. They will remain under the Law until their physical deaths.

The Five Wise Virgins represent those who have been called out and chosen to be saints. They will for a time approach Christ by their own works alongside the Five Foolish Virgins but they will eventually change their approach to Faith.

The number of days the Five Wise Virgins will spend under the Law will be “shortened” because they will be harvested into the Kingdom of Heaven EARLY. They are the First Fruits of Christ’s harvest of mankind. The Five Wise Virgins are the only ones who will be saved in this present age.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The parable continues with:

Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

While all Ten Virgins wait for the Bridegroom to come a second time (the first time was when the betrothal was made at the Early Rain), they all slumber & sleep and do not keep watch. The phrase “slumbered and slept” represents the time when all Ten Virgins are spiritually blind and spiritually dead. At this time, the Wise Virgins are spiritually no different from the Foolish Virgins. As a result of this worsened spiritual state, they have all become a Man of Sin (2Thes 2:1-4).

However, verse 4 tells us that the Five Wise Virgins carry an extra flask of oil. This extra oil represents the anointing of the Latter Rain of the Spirit. This extra oil will fill their lamps with the Spirit of the Law and will light their way under the New Covenant of Grace through faith.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Midnight represents the darkest part of a called out believer’s spiritual blindness when they are under the full measure of Satan’s influence and have become a Man of Sin. When the call goes out to announce the Bridegroom’s approach, all Ten Virgins hear the call and trim their lamps. This is the same call that was made by John the Baptist to the Nation of Israel and is the same call being made now by converted Elect believers. The purpose of the call is to tell the Wise Virgins to repent from their works and to make the pathway straight for the Lord to travel. With their repentance and extra oil, the Wise Virgins are “ready” for the return of the Bridegroom and the Marriage of the Lamb.

Note: This time of waiting for the Bridegroom to return was “typed” by the 120 Jewish Elect who waited in the upper room. Then, on the Day of Pentecost, they received the Latter Rain of the Spirit and were made ready for the Marriage of the Lamb (Acts 1:12-15). After their spiritual blindness was healed, the Bridegroom returned and took them to the wedding.

When the Ten Virgins hear “the voice of one crying in the wilderness” (Luke 3:4) and “come out of her my people” (Rev 18:4), they all rise up from their slumber and trim their lamps. However, since the Foolish Virgins do not have any extra oil, they are not ready for the Bridegroom to arrive. As their lamps begin to go out, they have to turn back to buy more. When the Bridegroom arrives, the Wise Virgins (who have the extra oil) are the only ones there to meet Christ. The Latter Rain of the Spirit (extra Oil) has made them an acceptable chaste virgin again. The Wise Virgins will then travel with the Bridegroom to the wedding where they will be born again as a child of God.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Since the Foolish Virgins are forced to “turn back”, they will remain under the Law and will die in their sins.

This time of turning back is presented in John 6:66 when some of Christ’s disciples turned back from following Christ after hearing the cry of John the Baptist.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

They, too, lacked the extra oil for their lamps.

The Five Foolish Virgins simply were not chosen from the foundation of the world to be included in the harvest of First Fruits. Without the extra oil, they had no choice but to turn back.

CONTINUED ON THE NEXT POST...
Some people are so far off I would have to write a book over and over again. Good Luck.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The angel did not foretell that John would come in the spirit of Elijah.
Have you never read this:

Luke 1:13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This opinion is part of your false teaching, which contradicts Jesus saying Elijah will come after John the Baptist was beheaded.
Mark 9:11-12 And they asked Him, saying, "Why is it that the scribes say that Elijah must come first?" 12 And He said to them, "Elijah does first come and restore all things. And yet how is it written of the Son of Man that He should suffer many things and be treated with contempt?
Why did you stop quoting there? Are you being purposely dishonest here?

Mark 9:11 And they asked him, “Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?” 12 Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah does come first, and restores all things. Why then is it written that the Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected? 13 But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him.”

In verse 12 Jesus was just reiterating the fact that the prophecy said Elijah would come first before Him and then He made it clear that "Elijah has come". And we know from parallel passages that He was talking about John the Baptist. So, He was confirming that Elijah did indeed come first before He did to prepare the way for Him, which is exactly what John the Baptist did "in the spirit and power of Elijah". You seem to be deceitfully only sharing part of what He said in order to support your view. That's a very bad look for you.

Reactions: rwb

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the Lord written about in Peter is the last Day of the Lord. You can discover the Day of the Lord is the whole New Covenant era through what is written in Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost.
In Acts 2 that time period is referred to as "the last days", not "the day of the Lord". And Peter does not refer to "the last day of the Lord" in 2 Peter 3, either. He just calls it "the day of the Lord" which is the day Christ returns, we are all caught up to Him and He destroys all of His enemies.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Welcome to this Prophecy Forum.

I have to disagree with you summing up, as it conflicts with what the Prophets actually said and with the sequence of Revelation.
Revelation 6:12-17 is the great and terrible Day the Lord, that will change the world and commence the end times, leading up to His glorious Return. There must be at least 10 years from this disaster until the Return and then the Millennium.
As you correctly point out, then comes the Judgment of everyone and the new Jerusalem in the new earth.
The return of Christ starts the Day of the Lord

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Actually, the Return of Jesus is called; the great Day of God Almighty. Revelation 16:14b
It is not an extended period, just something which will happen on a specific day.

The same as the terrible Day the Lord will send His fiery wrath, several years before the glorious Return. Revelation 6:12-17, Psalms 11:4-6

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Actually, the Return of Jesus is called; the great Day of God Almighty. Revelation 16:14b
It is not an extended period, just something which will happen on a specific day.

The same as the terrible Day the Lord will send His fiery wrath, several years before the glorious Return. Revelation 6:12-17, Psalms 11:4-6
Can't agree, the Day of the Lord is 1000 years long

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 2 that time period is referred to as "the last days", not "the day of the Lord". And Peter does not refer to "the last day of the Lord" in 2 Peter 3, either. He just calls it "the day of the Lord" which is the day Christ returns, we are all caught up to Him and He destroys all of His enemies.

Yes, I know in these last days of which began with the advent of Christ coming to earth a man, this entire age of Gospel grace the prophets foretell would come the "Day/season/age/time of the Lord". Since the prophecy of the Lord's Day coming as been fulfilled, after His cross and resurrection we now wait for the Day of the Lord that shall come in the days the seventh trumpet begins to sound. The last day of the Lord when He shall return to make all things new again after Satan has his little season.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe the Day of the Lord coming shall end the Day of the Lord the prophets foretell would come. It will be the last day of this age, not the beginning of one thousand more years of time on this earth.