THE DAY OF THE LORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the Lord.

According to Mal 4:5-6 Elijah is one of the two witnesses who will be sent back before the great and terrible day of the Lord. From Rev 11 we know that the two witnesses will appear during the great tribulation period. From this we can conclude that the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period.
Mal 4:5-6 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. 6 "And he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.”

Acts 2:20 tells us the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period, which is metaphorically described in the phrase “the sun being turned into darkness and the moon into blood”.
Acts 2:20 'THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.

Matt. 24: 15-21 tells us the great tribulation period, begins when the abomination of desolation is set up.
Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place ( let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; 17 let him who is on the housetop not go down to get the things out that are in his house; 18 and let him who is in the field not turn back to get his cloak. 19 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! 20 “But pray that your flight may not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath; 21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

2Th 2:2 tells us the coming of our Lord and our gathering together to him or resurrection found in 2Th 2:1 marks the beginning of the day of the Lord.
2 Th 2:1-2 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

According to 2Pet 3:10 the day of the Lord continues until the end of the age when the heavens and earth are destroyed and the judgment of the dead occurs.
2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Zec 14:6-21 provides a glimpse into what the day of the Lord will be like during the 1000 year reign.
Zech. 14:6 And it will come about in that day that there will be no light; the luminaries will dwindle. 7 For it will be a unique day which is known to the LORD, neither day nor night, but it will come about that at evening time there will be light. 8 And it will come about in that day that living waters will flow out of Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and the other half toward the western sea; it will be in summer as well as in winter.
Zech. 14:9 And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one. 10 All the land will be changed into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; but Jerusalem will rise and remain on its site from Benjamin’s Gate as far as the place of the First Gate to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s wine presses. 11 And people will live in it, and there will be no more curse, for Jerusalem will dwell in security.
Zech. 14:12 Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. 13 And it will come about in that day that a great panic from the LORD will fall on them; and they will seize one another’s hand, and the hand of one will be lifted against the hand of another. 14 And Judah also will fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered, gold and silver and garments in great abundance. 15 So also like this plague, will be the plague on the horse, the mule, the camel, the donkey, and all the cattle that will be in those camps.
Zech. 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 17 And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them. 18 And if the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 20 In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “ HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD’S house will be like the bowls before the altar. 21 And every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

If I was going to sum up the Day of the Lord I would say it is when Jesus intervenes in the affairs of mankind and includes the resurrection, Armageddon, the disposal of the Antichrist, False Prophet and his armies, Jesus’s 1000 years reign, the destruction of the heavens and earth, the judgment of the dead, the sentencing of the unsaved to the Lake of Fire and the new heaven and the new earth.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The period of great tribulation occurs when a believer is in a fallen away spiritual state after Satan has planted his "seed" (the spirit of anti-Christ) within them (Parable of the Wheat and the Tares, Mat 12-43-45). The "signs and wonders" come from the spirit of anti-Christ:
Follow the scriptures. Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION............21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel and Revelation are not interpretive synoptic parallels to Matthew.

Luke is.
Follow the scriptures. Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet,......9 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! ......21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.
Luke 21:23 “Woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land, and wrath to this people,
Rev. 6:12 And I looked when He broke the sixth seal, ................. 15 And the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?”

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke is.
Follow the scriptures. Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet,......9 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! ......21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.
Luke 21:23 “Woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land, and wrath to this people,
Rev. 6:12 And I looked when He broke the sixth seal, ................. 15 And the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?”

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke is.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:1-6 is about what will happen when Jesus Returns.
Daniel 12:1-3 refers to the Great White Throne Judgment, in Revelation 20:11-15 Only then do the dead rise and the Book of Life is opened.
You conveniently left out the resurrection found in Rev. 19:7 which occurs immediately after Babylon the great is judged and before Armageddon takes place and the 1000 years begins.
Rev. 19:1........... for He has judged the great harlot who was corrupting the earth with her immorality..........7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints..........11 And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war.........9 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies, assembled to make war against Him who sat upon the horse, and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat upon the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.
Rev. 20:1 And I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he should not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the Lord.
Dear jamesdalbright,

You said:
According to Mal 4:5-6 Elijah is one of the two witnesses who will be sent back before the great and terrible day of the Lord. From Rev 11 we know that the two witnesses will appear during the great tribulation period. From this we can conclude that the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period.

Mal 4:5-6 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. 6 "And he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.”

Acts 2:20 tells us the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period, which is metaphorically described in the phrase “the sun being turned into darkness and the moon into blood”.

Acts 2:20 'THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.

Again...the Day of the Lord is the judgment of Christ. In this age, His judgment falls on an Elect believer immediately after they receive the Latter Rain and "eat meat". This is why Peter mentioned it in his conversion speech on the Day of Pentecost.

Peter also said this about the Day of the Lord:

1Pe 4:17 For it is the ripe time for the judgment to begin with the house of God; but, if first with us, what shall be the end of them who yield not unto the glad-message of God?

John the Baptist served as the Jewish Elect's Elijah. In this age, a converted Elect believer will serve as Elijah to the unconverted Elect. Since the Elect are converted during their lifetimes, it necessitates that there are many converted believers who have or will serve as Elijah.

James said this:

Jam 5:17 Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one turn him; 20 Let him know, that he which turns the sinner from the error of his way shall save their soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Also, scripture uses many analogies to teach its truth about conversion. In the Marriage analogy, the Marriage to the Lamb is the Latter Rain/new birth event and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb is when Christ feeds His new Bride His New Wine, bread and meat.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: The Marriage Supper of the Lamb is what the symbol of the physical "communion" represents. When a believer spiritually consumes the New Wine, bread and meat at the Marriage supper, they are fulfilling this verse:

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. (spiritually fulfilled at the Marriage Supper)

The physical act of communion is what the "called out" believers (only have the Early Rain) do in the church. This physical act foreshadows its spiritual fulfillment which occurs during an Elect believer's time of conversion. Water baptism is the physical symbol which foreshadows its spiritual fulfillment which also occurs during the time of conversion (Marriage of the Lamb, the Latter Rain).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the believer has received sufficient nourishment from the Marriage Supper, the "truth" within them will commence the Day of the Lord.

Now, finally, to what the sun and moon being darkened represent.

The symbols of the sun and moon are darkened as a result of the Marriage Supper when an Elect believer, for the first time, consumes the truth of Christ. This truth within them will darkened the false truth which comes from this natural world.

In scripture, the sun and the moon are symbols for our "parents". The light they give off represents their truth which they teach (feed) to their children.

The natural sun is Satan and the natural moon is the bondwoman. They produce children of the Devil. In the child's worsened spiritual condition, the children are called a Man of Sin or a Seven Headed Beast.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Also, natural "stars" represent fallen angels who follow Satan.

In contrast, the spiritual sun is Christ and the spiritual moon is the freewoman. They produce children of God. In their fully matured spiritual state, they are called a sons of God.

Just prior to the Day of the Lord commencing, the sun and moon are said to be darkened. This is referring to the truth which comes from the natural sun and moon. After the believer has received the truth from Christ at the Marriage Supper, the believer will no longer receive their truth from this natural world (Satan and the bondwoman). They will now only receive their truth directly from the light which Christ gives off:

Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a SUN and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

The spiritual "stars" represent the angels of heaven.

Since you mentioned the "two witnesses", I will explain what they represent. Like everything else in the book of Revelation, its message is taught by spiritual "symbols". They DO NOT represent physical outward events which take place in the world. They represent spiritual events which take place within each Elect person.

The symbol of the "two witnesses" represents ALL the Elect since the time the book of Revelation was written. The story of the two witnesses teaches the pathway to salvation the Elect will travel to be converted. If a person does not "keep" this prophecy during their lifetime, they will not be one of Christ's Elect.

The pathway to salvation is taught in many, many places of scripture by many different analogies. Christ teaches this way to keep his truth "concealed" from this world (this includes the called out church). The pathway to salvation is what Matthew 24 and the Seven Seals of Revelation teach, along with many of the parables which begin with this phrase "the Kingdom of Heaven is like".

I have a website which I have written a great deal on what I have presented above. In those papers, I present many scriptures and examples which support what I have stated above.

The website is www.greatmysteryofchrist.com

You said:
If I was going to sum up the Day of the Lord I would say it is when Jesus intervenes in the affairs of mankind and includes the resurrection, Armageddon, the disposal of the Antichrist, False Prophet and his armies, Jesus’s 1000 years reign, the destruction of the heavens and earth, the judgment of the dead, the sentencing of the unsaved to the Lake of Fire and the new heaven and the new earth.

As I said, the Day of the Lord (in this age) is a reoccurring event which coincides with the Second Coming of Christ when He comes to one of His Elect to convert them. It is not a one-time event that takes place out in the world at the end of the age. It takes place when the end of the age comes upon one of His Elect during their lifetime.

The common understanding of end-time prophecy comes from a carnal understanding of scripture. It teaches that the events happen "out in the world". However, Christ's teachings under the New Covenant must be applied spiritually "within" a person. They are reoccurring spiritual events which lead up to and include the conversion of the Elect believer. That conversion includes the Latter Rain, Marriage Supper and finally, the Day of the Lord. Once those spiritual events are completed within the person, they are converted. For that reason, Christ will come quickly to His Elect and that is why His Elect must "keep" those spiritual events in order to be blessed.

I used to understand end-time prophecy much like you do. In fact, I used to teach it in the last church I attended. It was one of my great passions in life. But after I was converted in 2005 and was given "eyes that can see", all my understanding of end-time prophecy changed.
If you want to see more scriptural support for what I have presented, please go to my website. I have papers on the Two Witnesses, the Seven Seals of Revelation, the Day of the Lord and Matthew chapter 24.

Joe

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again...the Day of the Lord is the judgment of Christ. In this age, His judgment falls on an Elect believer immediately after they receive the Latter Rain and "eat meat". This is why Peter mentioned it in his conversion speech on the Day of Pentecost.

Joe

Matt. 24: 15-21 tells us the great tribulation period, begins when the abomination of desolation is set up.
Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place ( let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; 17 let him who is on the housetop not go down to get the things out that are in his house; 18 and let him who is in the field not turn back to get his cloak. 19 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! 20 “But pray that your flight may not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath; 21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

2Th 2:2 tells us the coming of our Lord and our gathering together to him or resurrection found in 2Th 2:1 marks the beginning of the day of the Lord.
2 Th 2:1-2 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

According to 2Pet 3:10 the day of the Lord continues until the end of the age when the heavens and earth are destroyed and the judgment of the dead occurs.
2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Malachi's prophesy was fulfilled in John-the-Baptist. Continuing to repeat error that which has been clearly shown to you, does not change by this constant repetition. You've acknowledged the words the angel spoke to Zacharias regarding the birth of his son, whose name was called John "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17 (KJV) You also choose to ignore that John was born filled with the same Spirit that was with Elijah "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" Luke 1:15 (KJV)

None of the verses you quote above say the Day of the Lord begins but point to the Day of the Lord that began with His coming, that shall come to an end on the last Day of the Lord these verses point to.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are you not following the Scripture in Luke 21:20?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dear jamesdalbright,
Like I have been saying, your understanding of the verses is "carnal".

When a believer understands scripture carnally, they will do as this verse below warns against:

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Your beliefs are removing these verses:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

According to your beliefs, the time was NOT at hand when John recorded his vision and hasn't been "at hand" for over 1900 years (about a third of the time since creation began). And according to your beliefs, Christ did not come quickly as the book says He will - and the clock is still running for you and your beliefs. And according to your beliefs, the Elect over the last 1900 years did not "keep the sayings of the prophecy". You have removed these teachings from the book.

You said:

Since I have already responded to most of the verses you quoted above, I will only respond to 2Pet 3:10.

This verse is teaching on the Second Coming of Christ when He comes to convert His fallen away Elect who are dwelling in darkness (night) in the apostate church.

Near the end of the 1st century, the church was devoured by the spirit of anti-Christ. Since that time, the church has been following "another gospel" (Satan's gospel) which comes from "another spirit" (the spirit of anti-Christ).

2Cor 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

This "another gospel" teaches a gospel of "works" mixed with faith. It is a very pleasing gospel to mankind's carnal nature so it is readily accepted by the spiritually blind church.

But mixing "works" with faith is the sin that leads to death. With this false gospel, Satan kills the saints. This is a spiritual death which represents a believer's loss of salvation. In other words, the deadly head wound which Christ gave their Old Man (carnal nature) is healed and as a result, the believer becomes "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45).

This is what these two verses are teaching which the Elect must "keep":

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Rev 11:6 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

After an Elect believer has the spirit of anti-Christ within them, they will fully accept Satan's false gospel. When they do, they will experience the Abomination of Desolation and become a Man of Sin. In this worsened spiritual condition, they are now ready for the end of the ages to come to them:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom (Satan's gospel and kingdom) shall be preached in all the world (the Elect believer) for a witness unto all nations (thoughts and beliefs of the carnal mind); and then shall the end come (conversion).

After Christ comes and pours out the Latter Rain and heals their spiritual blindness, they will "see" the Abomination of Desolation which occurred within themselves. The Man of Sin will also be "revealed" to them and they will find that he is the one who has been looking at them in the mirror. Once a believer "sees" what has happened, judgment will fall on the Man of Sin and Christ will remove the spirit of anti-Christ from within them.

These verses apply:

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Note: The Elect believer is to flee to the mountains as Lot did because judgment is about to fall on Sodom (the worsen carnal nature) and Gomorrah (the Man of Sin). This destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is a "type" which teaches the Day of the Lord as it occurs within an Elect believer.

Mat 24:40 Then shall two (one flesh, one believer) be in the field; the one shall be taken (the Man of Sin), and the other left (the newly born child of God).

The Man of Sin (the Beast and false prophet) are taken from the believer and cast into the Lake of Fire for their destruction.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

After they are removed and destroyed (along with Mystery Babylon the Great Harlot, the worsened carnal nature), the believer will then be completely governed by the Holy Spirit and will be a child of God. This is when a believer is "born again" and is converted. This is also the moment of salvation as Peter said in his speech in Acts 2.

As for the earth and heaven being destroyed, I explained what those symbols represent in my previous posts. Once they are destroyed, the believer will have a New Heaven (mind of Christ) and a New Earth (spiritual nature of the Holy Spirit).

Joe

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck with your false teaching. Jesus will deal with you if you don't refine and become a stumbling block to keeping the message pure as we move closer to the end.
Dan. 12:10 “ Many will be purged, purified and refined; but the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
As of this moment you won't make it to this category. You'll be purged before this point.
Dan. 11:35 “And some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge, and make them pure, until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time.
The false teaching is what you are espousing brother, and you got it from men's doctrines that you are following instead of the simplicity of God's written Word.

Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You conveniently left out the resurrection found in Rev. 19:7 which occurs immediately after Babylon the great is judged and before Armageddon takes place and the 1000 years begins.
There is no resurrection in Revelation 19:7.
Those voices praising God are from the souls of the martyrs, all killed for their faith since Stephen. As per Revelation 6:9-11

Explain why there should be a resurrection at that time. We are told that when Jesus Returns, He will bring back the souls of the martyrs killed during the final 42 months of this age. No other resurrection is mentioned until the GWT Judgment of all the people who have ever lived. Revelation 20:11-15

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi's prophesy was fulfilled in John-the-Baptist. Continuing to repeat error that which has been clearly shown to you, does not change by this constant repetition. You've acknowledged the words the angel spoke to Zacharias regarding the birth of his son, whose name was called John "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17 (KJV) You also choose to ignore that John was born filled with the same Spirit that was with Elijah "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" Luke 1:15 (KJV)

None of the verses you quote above say the Day of the Lord begins but point to the Day of the Lord that began with His coming, that shall come to an end on the last Day of the Lord these verses point to.
Your view on the day of the Lord contradicts these scriptures.

2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those voices praising God are from the souls of the martyrs, all killed for their faith since Stephen. As per Revelation 6:9-11

Explain why there should be a resurrection at that time. We are told that when Jesus Returns, He will bring back the souls of the martyrs killed during the final 42 months of this age. No other resurrection is mentioned until the GWT Judgment of all the people who have ever lived. Revelation 20:11-15
You comments contradict Rev. 19:7 and numerous other scriptures I posted previously.
Rev. 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 And he said to me, “ Write, ‘ Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “ These are true words of God.”

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear jamesdalbright,

You said:

1Pe 4:17 For it is the ripe time for the judgment to begin with the house of God; but, if first with us, what shall be the end of them who yield not unto the glad-message of God?

John the Baptist served as the Jewish Elect's Elijah. In this age, a converted Elect believer will serve as Elijah to the unconverted Elect. Since the Elect are converted during their lifetimes, it necessitates that there are many converted believers who have or will serve as Elijah.

James said this:

Jam 5:17 Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one turn him; 20 Let him know, that he which turns the sinner from the error of his way shall save their soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Also, scripture uses many analogies to teach its truth about conversion. In the Marriage analogy, the Marriage to the Lamb is the Latter Rain/new birth event and the Marriage Supper of the Lamb is when Christ feeds His new Bride His New Wine, bread and meat.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: The Marriage Supper of the Lamb is what the symbol of the physical "communion" represents. When a believer spiritually consumes the New Wine, bread and meat at the Marriage supper, they are fulfilling this verse:

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. (spiritually fulfilled at the Marriage Supper)

The physical act of communion is what the "called out" believers (only have the Early Rain) do in the church. This physical act foreshadows its spiritual fulfillment which occurs during an Elect believer's time of conversion. Water baptism is the physical symbol which foreshadows its spiritual fulfillment which also occurs during the time of conversion (Marriage of the Lamb, the Latter Rain).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the believer has received sufficient nourishment from the Marriage Supper, the "truth" within them will commence the Day of the Lord.

The symbols of the sun and moon are darkened as a result of the Marriage Supper when an Elect believer, for the first time, consumes the truth of Christ. This truth within them will darkened the false truth which comes from this natural world.

In scripture, the sun and the moon are symbols for our "parents". The light they give off represents their truth which they teach (feed) to their children.

The natural sun is Satan and the natural moon is the bondwoman. They produce children of the Devil. In the child's worsened spiritual condition, the children are called a Man of Sin or a Seven Headed Beast.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

In contrast, the spiritual sun is Christ and the spiritual moon is the freewoman. They produce children of God. In their fully matured spiritual state, they are called a sons of God.

Just prior to the Day of the Lord commencing, the sun and moon are said to be darkened. This is referring to the truth which comes from the natural sun and moon. After the believer has received the truth from Christ at the Marriage Supper, the believer will no longer receive their truth from this natural world (Satan and the bondwoman). They will now only receive their truth directly from the light which Christ gives off:

Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a SUN and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Since you mentioned the "two witnesses", I will explain what they represent. Like everything else in the book of Revelation, its message is taught by spiritual "symbols". They DO NOT represent physical outward events which take place in the world. They represent spiritual events which take place within each Elect person.

The symbol of the "two witnesses" represents ALL the Elect since the time the book of Revelation was written. The story of the two witnesses teaches the pathway to salvation the Elect will travel to be converted. If a person does not "keep" this prophecy during their lifetime, they will not be one of Christ's Elect.

The pathway to salvation is taught in many, many places of scripture by many different analogies. Christ teaches this way to keep his truth "concealed" from this world (this includes the called out church). The pathway to salvation is what Matthew 24 and the Seven Seals of Revelation teach, along with many of the parables which begin with this phrase "the Kingdom of Heaven is like".

I have a website which I have written a great deal on what I have presented above. In those papers, I present many scriptures and examples which support what I have stated above.

You said:

As I said, the Day of the Lord (in this age) is a reoccurring event which coincides with the Second Coming of Christ when He comes to one of His Elect to convert them. It is not a one-time event that takes place out in the world at the end of the age. It takes place when the end of the age comes upon one of His Elect during their lifetime.

The common understanding of end-time prophecy comes from a carnal understanding of scripture. It teaches that the events happen "out in the world". However, Christ's teachings under the New Covenant must be applied spiritually "within" a person. They are reoccurring spiritual events which lead up to and include the conversion of the Elect believer. That conversion includes the Latter Rain, Marriage Supper and finally, the Day of the Lord. Once those spiritual events are completed within the person, they are converted. For that reason, Christ will come quickly to His Elect and that is why His Elect must "keep" those spiritual events in order to be blessed.

Joe
Matt 25:1-10 relegates your post to being out there in la la land to put it nicely.
Matt. 25:1...........10 “And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 “And later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘ Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 “But he answered and said, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 “ Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you not following the Scripture in Luke 21:20?
Your view of Luke 2:21 contradicts Matt. 24. Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet,......9 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! ......21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear jamesdalbright,

You said:

James said this:

You said:

I used to understand end-time prophecy much like you do. In fact, I used to teach it in the last church I attended. It was one of my great passions in life. But after I was converted in 2005 and was given "eyes that can see", all my understanding of end-time prophecy changed.
If you want to see more scriptural support for what I have presented, please go to my website. I have papers on the Two Witnesses, the Seven Seals of Revelation, the Day of the Lord and Matthew chapter 24.

Joe
Follow the scriptures. Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION............21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false teaching is what you are espousing brother, and you got it from men's doctrines that you are following instead of the simplicity of God's written Word.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The fact that your thoughts about Rev. 20:4-5 contradict Dan. 12:1 should tell you Rev. 20:4-5 has a different meaning than you attached to it. Dan.12:1 tells us everyone whose name is found written in the Book of Life are raised up in the Rev. 19:7 resurrection after the period of great tribulation, which will include those mentioned in Rev. 20:4-5.
Dan. 12:1 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.
Rev. 19:1 tells us the resurrection occurs after Babylon the great is judged.
Rev. 19:1 After these things I heard, as it were, a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “ Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God; 2 BECAUSE HIS JUDGMENTS ARE TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS; for He has judged the great harlot who was corrupting the earth with her immorality, and HE HAS AVENGED THE BLOOD OF HIS BOND-SERVANTS ON HER.”
Rev. 19:7 tells us the resurrection takes place immediately after Babylon the great is judged.
Rev 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 And he said to me, “ Write, ‘ Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “ These are true words of God.”
Rev. 19:9 tells us we believers go to the wedding feast when the resurrection takes place.
Rev. 19:9 And he said to me, “ Write, ‘ Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’”
Rev. 19:11 tells us we return with Jesus after the wedding feast.
Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war.
Rev. 19:19-21 tells Armageddon takes place.
Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies, assembled to make war against Him who sat upon the horse, and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat upon the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.
Rev. 20:4-6 tells the people that fit the criteria found in this verse will judge the unsaved during the 1000 year reign. Verse six reiterates Dan 12:1. The dreams I read about what they are going to do the Christians during the time of the Antichrist certainly supports that they deserve this special privilege.
Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.