The Destruction of this Planet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find it hard to credit, that a group of intelligent people are discussing scenarios of impossible things, as though they will actually take place.
That is only because God Himself says that all things are possible with Him, and nothing is impossible. Since it was nothing for God to create everything out of nothing, the Bible is a book PRIMARILY about what is supernatural.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Focusing in on the blank space has led science to conclude that there are not 200 billion galaxies as previously thought, but more like 2 trillion. And who know how many more as we focus in yet more?

Hubble Finds 10 Times More Galaxies Than Thought

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Mass heats into plasma...
Plasma cools back into mass....

And very soon the trillions of galaxies will turn back into plasma energy!

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

This will be such an incredible event that Peter repeats himself...

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

I want to be around to see what the Father does with all that light and energy! One thing for sure....

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josephus refers in his writings to two pillars made by Adam...

"Adam having predicted a destruction of the universe, at one time by a violent fire and at another by a mighty deluge of water – they erected two pillars, one of brick and the other of stone, and inscribed these discoveries on both" - Josephus in the Jewish Antiquities, and also told in the Book of Enoch

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The earth and heaven fled away with no place found for them, a new heaven and a new earth. Seems clear to me, I guess not so to others.

Much love!
mark

Reactions: rockytopva

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The earth and heaven fled away with no place found for them, a new heaven and a new earth. Seems clear to me, I guess not so to others.

Much love!
mark
The New Jerusalem comes down to the earth and the rest of Revelation 21-22 are plainly about an earthly situation. A renewed earth.

But the prophesies tell of two times of fire, at the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath against the nations, the next prophesied event and at the end of the Millennium, as the Lord burns up the worlds armies in their final attack. Revelation 20:7-8

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is only because God Himself says that all things are possible with Him, and nothing is impossible. Since it was nothing for God to create everything out of nothing, the Bible is a book PRIMARILY about what is supernatural.
Fairy tales, fables and non-scriptural theories are for the delusional and the gullible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fairy tales, fables and non-scriptural theories are for the delusional and the gullible.
So now you have placed yourself among the scoffers which Peter mentioned in this context.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So now you have placed yourself among the scoffers which Peter mentioned in this context.
Peter was referring people who scoff at the Day of the Lord's Judgment against the nations by fire, as He did by water before.
But yes; I do scoff at the 'rapture to heaven' nonsense, as such a thing cannot be found in the Bible and Jesus refutes it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's dwelling place is not in the universe.

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between the "destruction of the world" here on earth, and "destruction of the planet".

I agree with what you wrote, and that it is indeed "destruction of the world" here on earth, and not the "destruction of the planet" while this is occuring.

That being said, after the "destruction of the world" here on earth, Jesus will reign for 1000 years, known as the Millenium Kingdom. The Holy Bible does not state how long satan will be freed from his prison before he is thrown into the Lake of Fire for eternity (it states "a little season").

Revelation 21:1 states that the "first earth were passed away" (planet earth as we know it will be no more/destroyed): "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.". This event occurs after the 1000+ year reign of Jesus in Revelation chapter 20. Which means the prophecy in 2 Peter chapter 3, of destroying planet earth will be fulfilled.

In the Bible, “heaven” can refer to the physical heavens. (Gen. 11:4; 27:28; Matt. 6:26) But “heaven” is also used in other senses. Sometimes it refers to human rulership. (Dan. 4:20-22) Or it can refer to divine rulership, such as through the Kingdom of God.—Rev. 21:1.

Paul saw “the third heaven.” What was the point? The Bible occasionally repeats something three times for emphasis, to show intensity, or to imply added strength. (Isa. 6:3; Ezek. 21:27; Rev. 4:8) It seems that in speaking of “the third heaven,” Paul was stressing a superlative, an exalted, form of rulership—the Messianic Kingdom by Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. As the apostle Peter wrote, we are awaiting the “new heavens” according to God’s promise.—2 Pet. 3:13.

What about Paul’s mention of “paradise”?

The word “paradise” likewise can mean various things: (1) In view of man’s original home, “paradise” can logically refer to the literal earthly Paradise that is ahead. (2) It can refer to the spiritual condition that God’s people will enjoy in the new world. (3) Additionally, it can refer to the blessed conditions in heaven, “the paradise of God” mentioned at Revelation 2:7.

It is possible that Paul was alluding to all three of those aspects at 2 Corinthians 12:4 when describing his experience.

To summarize:

“The third heaven” mentioned at 2 Corinthians 12:2 is likely the Messianic Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ and the 144,000, the “new heavens.”—2 Pet. 3:13.

It is “the third heaven” because the Kingdom is a superlative, an elevated, form of rulership.

The “paradise” into which Paul was “caught away” in vision likely refers to (1) the physical Paradise to come on earth, (2) the spiritual paradise that will exist then, which will be more extensive than the spiritual paradise that exists now, and (3) “the paradise of God” in heaven that will coexist in the new world.

Accordingly, the new world will be a combination of the new heavens and the new earth. It will be a new arrangement, including both the heavenly Kingdom government and mankind serving Jehovah on a paradise earth.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible, “heaven” can refer to the physical heavens. (Gen. 11:4; 27:28; Matt. 6:26) But “heaven” is also used in other senses. Sometimes it refers to human rulership. (Dan. 4:20-22) Or it can refer to divine rulership, such as through the Kingdom of God.—Rev. 21:1.

Paul saw “the third heaven.” What was the point? The Bible occasionally repeats something three times for emphasis, to show intensity, or to imply added strength. (Isa. 6:3; Ezek. 21:27; Rev. 4:8) It seems that in speaking of “the third heaven,” Paul was stressing a superlative, an exalted, form of rulership—the Messianic Kingdom by Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. As the apostle Peter wrote, we are awaiting the “new heavens” according to God’s promise.—2 Pet. 3:13.

What about Paul’s mention of “paradise”?

The word “paradise” likewise can mean various things: (1) In view of man’s original home, “paradise” can logically refer to the literal earthly Paradise that is ahead. (2) It can refer to the spiritual condition that God’s people will enjoy in the new world. (3) Additionally, it can refer to the blessed conditions in heaven, “the paradise of God” mentioned at Revelation 2:7.

It is possible that Paul was alluding to all three of those aspects at 2 Corinthians 12:4 when describing his experience.

To summarize:

“The third heaven” mentioned at 2 Corinthians 12:2 is likely the Messianic Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ and the 144,000, the “new heavens.”—2 Pet. 3:13.

It is “the third heaven” because the Kingdom is a superlative, an elevated, form of rulership.

The “paradise” into which Paul was “caught away” in vision likely refers to (1) the physical Paradise to come on earth, (2) the spiritual paradise that will exist then, which will be more extensive than the spiritual paradise that exists now, and (3) “the paradise of God” in heaven that will coexist in the new world.

Accordingly, the new world will be a combination of the new heavens and the new earth. It will be a new arrangement, including both the heavenly Kingdom government and mankind serving Jehovah on a paradise earth.

All of this is Jehovah's witness beliefs.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

This "consuming fire" is "God's glory present". God's "consuming fire" is the Holy Spirit that warms your heart, and protects you when the enemy comes against you. His Spirit will protect you exactly as God protected Daniel when he was in the Lion's den, or the three Hebrew children in the fiery furnace. This consuming fire was symbolic, or to signify that God will protect His own. So to those that love Him this, consuming fire is our protection, but to those who are against Christ it will consume them and cause them to perish.

So when you witness for Christ and study to follow His Word, God is going to take care of you. We are living in the generation of the "parable of the fig tree", spoken of in Matthew 24 and Mark 13, which is the final generation, and though Satan will rule this world for a brief time, God is our protection. That final generation started when the Jews, the two baskets of good and bad figs returned to Jerusalem to establish a new homeland. When that nation was established, the shoot of the fig tree was planted and all the signs and wonders of the end of this earth age would take place before the end of this generation comes to a close. That generation started in 1948, with a charter from the United Nation, and from it came the tiny nation of Israel.

It is because of these times that we are instructed to keep our eyes on Jerusalem, for it is there that the Antichrist will rule the earth. And during this reign of Satan, the "consuming fire" who is the Holy Spirit of God will keep each of his elect safe from harm. All that is except the two witnesses spoken of in Revelation 11:7 "And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascended out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them." That beast is Satan, and he will kill the two witness in Jerusalem while the world watches, and celebrates their death.

God will allow every thing that will happen to happen, and at the end of three and one half days, life comes back into the two witness, and they ascend into heaven. This marks the end of this earth age, "and instantly the second woe is past and behold the third woe cometh quickly."Friend, the seventh trumpet sounds, and this marks the start of the Millennium age, which is the destruction of all evil rudiments, idolatry, Satan's entire host of fallen angels. "God is a consuming fire."

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this is Jehovah's witness beliefs.

No its based upon the scriptures, but alas this is hidden from you because you have been given over to the teaching and precepts of men, to the teachings of the church nominal. Everything you have posted thus far is nothing more than the typical dribble spewed forth by the professing church, the same old spew we've heard over and over again (the world is going to be destroyed, all the unsaved are going to be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity etc., etc.) with each new version taking on a new slant based upon which particular creed or teaching the individual adheres to.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have studied your founder. He was a Conman and liar.

Long before I even knew who a Jehovah witness was I knew that a lot of things the Catholic churches and protestant churches were saying was false, but Christendom is too arrogant to change and it has brainwashed the masses because most people in the Catholic and protestant churches don't even pick up a Bible. Christendom doesn't think it says false things Christendom doesn't think it makes mistakes when it comes to reasoning on the scriptures. Christendom is so arrogant they think their doctrines are true that they haven't made mistakes. They will arrogantly continue to believe the trinity, immortal soul, and hellfire to be scriptural and I don't expect Christendom to change. So be it. I'm glad to be with an organization that changes when they make mistakes. Also when it comes to the truth in the scriptures, the truth is progressive, when you start studying the scriptures at one point in your life you may see things hazy in the beginning then get clearer and clearer as time passes in your study of the scriptures. I don't believe Christendom does that. Don't get me wrong there may be those that do pick up a Bible but they don't come into the true knowledge of the True God and of his Son Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long before I even knew who a Jehovah witness was I knew that a lot of things the Catholic churches and protestant churches were saying was false, but Christendom is too arrogant to change and it has brainwashed the masses because most people in the Catholic and protestant churches don't even pick up a Bible. Christendom doesn't think it says false things Christendom doesn't think it makes mistakes when it comes to reasoning on the scriptures. Christendom is so arrogant they think their doctrines are true that they haven't made mistakes. They will arrogantly continue to believe the trinity, immortal soul, and hellfire to be scriptural and I don't expect Christendom to change. So be it. I'm glad to be with an organization that changes when they make mistakes. Also when it comes to the truth in the scriptures, the truth is progressive, when you start studying the scriptures at one point in your life you may see things hazy in the beginning then get clearer and clearer as time passes in your study of the scriptures. I don't believe Christendom does that. Don't get me wrong there may be those that do pick up a Bible but they don't come into the true knowledge of the True God and of his Son Jesus Christ.

I am neither Catholic or Protestant. I'm nondenominational.

Do you understand JW is considered Protestant?

I studied for 58 years.