• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Acts 2:38 is Peter's gospel to every lost sinner asking "what must I do?".

Those are Jews, at a Jewish Feast. = in Jerusalem
No gentiles there.

Peter was preaching..... Jesus, but also, the water baptism of John the baptist for JEWS.
It was John the Baptist that was telling them to "repent and be water baptized"..
Why was Peter doing this in Acts 2?
That is all he knew at the time, as Paul was not yet called by Jesus to deliver "the gospel of the Grace of God" that Paul says is 'MY Gospel" 3x in the New Testament.
Peter didn't know this gospel yet, in Act 2, as Jesus had not called Paul into the ministry and given Paul this revelation yet.
Did you notice that Peter didn't get baptized that day?
Read your bible.
See all that?
That is God doing more later........after Acts 2, and CULTS that live in Acts 2, are not teaching tPaul's Gospel that Peter also had to learn.

And now you need to learn it.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to see this now....

I just finished watching your presentation on the chronological order of the bible.
You understand I am agreeing with you on the statement you made to Behold, here below,
You cannot substitute an Epistle letter for a command for sinners to obey to obtain remission of their sins..
I agree with you friend. But not in everything you taught in the video.
But we are in full agreement on the book of Acts! I say, Amen, amen, amen!

Reactions: Truther

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, im calling you a teacher of nonsense.
Peter later learned the Gospel of the Grace of God.
Paul taught him.
Now you need to learn it., as i said.
Hahaha, give book, chapter and verse where Paul had to teach Peter how to be saved in Jesus' gospel? Lol, Peter was guided by the Holy Spirit just as Paul was! You do not believe the bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I
But we are in full agreement on the book of Acts! I say, Amen, amen, anen!

The cult of Acts 2:38.
The Catholic Cult
The Jehovah's Witness Cult.

All teach WATER ..........instead of BLOOD
That all teach WORKS instead of GRACE.
And all 3, have no understanding of Paul, as if he does not exist at all, yet He wrote all the Church Doctrine, and was delivered the Gospel of the Grace of God, by Jesus.....=personally taught it by Jesus.
Not Peter.

The water cults, the Act 2:38 cults, have no understanding of The Gospel of the Grace of God.
= Zero.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are Jews, at a Jewish Feast. = in Jerusalem
No gentiles there.

Peter was preaching..... Jesus, but also, the water baptism of John the baptist for JEWS.
It was John the Baptist that was telling them to "repent and be water baptized"..
Why was Peter doing this in Acts 2?
That is all he knew at the time, as Paul was not yet called by Jesus to deliver "the gospel of the Grace of God" that Paul says is 'MY Gospel" 3x in the New Testament.
Peter didn't know this gospel yet, in Act 2, as Jesus had not called Paul into the ministry and given Paul this revelation yet.
Did you notice that Peter didn't get baptized that day?
Read your bible.
See all that?
That is God doing more later........after Acts 2, and CULTS that live in Acts 2, are not teaching tPaul's Gospel that Peter also had to learn.

And now you need to learn it.
Only Jews are to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins today?

Reactions: Titus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just finished watching your presentation on the chronological order of the bible.
You understand I am agreeing with you on the statement you made to Behold, here below,

I agree with you friend. But not in everything you taught in the video.
But we are in full agreement on the book of Acts! I say, Amen, amen, amen!
Amen! It is okay to disagree on points, but the main content is the important thing to see.;)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Cult

And all 3, have no understanding of Paul, as if he does not exist at all, yet He wrote all the Church Doctrine, and was delivered the Gospel of the Grace of God, by Jesus.....=personally taught it by Jesus.
Not Peter.

The water cults, the Act 2:38 cults, have no understanding of The Gospel of the Grace of God.
= Zero.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

Cult?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

Peter's cult?

The cult of the 3000 at Acts 2 that obeyed Peter?

The cult of the gentiles in Acts 10 that obeyed Peter's command to be baptized in the name of Jesus?

The cult of Paul in Acts 19 that commanded REbaptism in the name of Jesus?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Cult

Not Peter.

= Zero.
I have zero faith in water. Behold knows I reject water salvation but have full faith in Jesus' gospel, Mark 16:15-16 ...believes and is baptized will be saved; believes not will be lost.

You need to learn that we are saved by Jesus' shed blood.
Just as baptism saves.
Matthew 26:28,
-for this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS

Acts 2:38 -Repent...be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have zero faith in water. Behold knows I reject water salvation but have full faith in Jesus' gospel, Mark 16:15-16 ...believes and is baptized will be saved; believes not will be lost.

You need to learn that we are saved by Jesus' shed blood.
Just as baptism saves.
Matthew 26:28,
-for this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS

Acts 2:38 -Repent...be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.
Yes, you must believe that the name of Jesus has the authority to remit our sins as you are immersed in water in his name as it is verbally pronounced over you.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you must believe that the name of Jesus has the authority to remit our sins as you are immersed in water in his name as it is verbally pronounced over you.
Yes it us by Jesus' authority that we submit to when we obey His gospel and are water baptized. But there is no passage that teaches Jesus must be spoken publicly with the mouth of the baptizer.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got things to do, take care friend, love you

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it us by Jesus' authority that we submit to when we obey His gospel and are water baptized. But there is no passage that teaches Jesus must be spoken publicly with the mouth of the baptizer.
So, who expects us to not verbally say Jesus' name via word and deed(baptism is both word and deed)?....

A...Devil.

B....Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus is eternal life.

When we become born again.........this means that we are now joined to God by spiritual birth.....having been Born AGAIN Spiritually into God's Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit.
This is "Spiritual UNION" with God and Christ.
This is to exist as Adam existed before he fell into iniquity.... Before he chose it.

Being born again is the end result of being redeemed.
Being REDEEMED, ,... means you have been changed from something , INTO something else.
You have become something "Spiritually" that you were not before and this happened by removing what was keeping you from being redeemed.

So, what was removed from you, so that by this redemption, you are now redeemed?

A.) Your SIN.

Being born again, is the end result of being redeemed from all your sin. And how did God do this for you?
A.) Jesus became your sin on the Cross and DIED for them all.

Jesus is the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL sin".

Jesus sat down by the Father after He had "purged all your sin".....

A person is a sinner, and trusts in Christ, and Jesus on the Cross becomes your sin BEARER.
The Bible teaches that "God made Jesus to be sin for us, who KNEW NO SIN"....

See that? That is your REDEMPTION........ITs Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation is something God provides to you as a GIFT.
Its not something that you provide to God.

Salvation is the BLOOD OF JESUS.
Salvation is JESUS, Himself, as He is the Gift of God.
Jesus is your Salvation.
Jesus is your Eternal life.
Do you have Jesus in you?
Then you have God's Salvation, and you are born again.
Are you just water baptized and trying to be like Christ?
Then you need to go to the Cross, kneel, and receive God's Gift of Jesus's sacrifice, by faith.

When you read in the NT that "Salvation is a GIFT"......then we understand that the GIFT is ..

1. The Blood and Death of Jesus
2. Jesus Himself.

And, when we realize that being now saved is not because we are trying to keep it, or do it, or process it, or earn it......
When we understand that Salvation is what God came to earth to provide for us as a '"GIFT"", by dying on THE Cross, and shedding His Blood.....
= When we SEE THIS as what God has provided for FREE, instead of trying to comprehend it as what we are trying to KEEP, earn it, or perform for it... then we have begun to understand,= "the GIFT of Salvation".
When we let go of all our self effort and our self righteousness, and embrace God's Gift of Jesus to us as our SALVATiON... then when we have this mind, we have begun the actual WALK of Faith.
And in this walk, you will find that your sin issue, and your lust issue and your emotional instability issue, and your fear issue, and all your issues, will be found to change into a calm assurance that God is going to work it all out for you.
And He will...but, you have to get the right MIND of faith.....the correct understanding of Salvation as you becoming and always remaining "The Righteousness of GOD.....in Christ".

Hebrews 13:9