• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is better to debate a cause without settling it than to settle it without debating it.

The tendency of debate is to harden hearts.

I gave up debate in favor of dialogue twenty years ago. Neither debate (which I found to be a lose-lose proposition) nor dialogue (which I found to be a win-win proposition) guarantees settlement.

Come and let us reason together -> dialogue.

Come and let us try to defeat one another -> debate.

Reactions: Illuminator

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tendency of debate is to harden hearts.

I gave up debate in favor of dialogue twenty years ago. Neither debate (which I found to be a lose-lose proposition) nor dialogue (which I found to be a win-win proposition) guarantees settlement.

Come and let us reason together -> dialogue.

Come and let us try to defeat one another -> debate.
The hearts are hard when they start. Everyone has their own presuppositions. I even used to say as I was smoking pot, "I was born a Catholic and I will die a Catholic"..LOL.

Thank God I wore down slowly but surely.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The hearts are hard when they start. Everyone has their own presuppositions. I even used to say as I was smoking pot, "I was born a Catholic and I will die a Catholic"..LOL.

Thank God I wore down slowly but surely.

Go ahead on then.

Hammer the Catholics. You won’t persuade them that way. The Catholics will hammer you. They won’t persuade you that way. Just a whole lot of hammering going on.

Speaking presumptuously on behalf of demons everywhere, Satan approves of that way.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead on then.

Hammer the Catholics. You won’t persuade them that way. The Catholics will hammer you. They won’t persuade you that way. Just a whole lot of hammering going on.

Speaking presumptuously on behalf of demons everywhere, Satan approves of that way.
Should we censor each other or put everyone that disagrees with us on ignore?

Do we also do that with disagree-ing family members or tell them that they are right when we don't believe them(we lie to them) for the sake of "peace and tranquility"?

Did Paul cause massive strife where he went to win a few?

He did..the violent take it by force.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Should we censor each other or put everyone that disagrees with us on ignore?

I have no interest in censoring anyone, nor do I have any desire to censor anyone.

I haven’t put anyone on ignore. It’s a useful tool for some.

Do we also do that with disagree-ing family members or tell them that they are right when we don't believe them(we lie to them) for the sake of "peace and tranquility"?

Isn’t that a personal decision? I don’t do that with my family members (who are Southern Baptist), nor with my wife’s family members (who are Catholic). We have reasonable discussions when we’re together. I think both sides of the family are wrong and both sides of the family think I’m wrong. We don’t hammer one another when we have conversations.

Did Paul cause massive strife where he went to win a few?

Yes. He attempted to persuade them by reasoning with them from the scriptures.

He did..the violent take it by force.

Christians aren’t called to violence, nor to take anything by force.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming to the realization that : 2 Corinthians 5:19 is TRUE......is the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a Believer.

READER......once you see it.........once you SEE that God was in Christ, and has made you righteous before God, by His Blood, = FOREVER, then you have entered the "renewed mind" that Paul teaches you are to exist within as this is the "unity of the faith" that ALL real believers have to maintain as their REAL FAITH...... And once you SEE this revelation, then all you DEAD self righteous works to try to stay saved, and all your fear of losing your salvation, will LEAVE YOU, and God's Grace will then empower you into the Holiness that comes with REAL faith.

Hebrews 13:9
I don’t think you meant to quote me?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no interest in censoring anyone, nor do I have any desire to censor anyone.

I haven’t put anyone on ignore. It’s a useful tool for some.

Isn’t that a personal decision? I don’t do that with my family members (who are Southern Baptist), nor with my wife’s family members (who are Catholic). We have reasonable discussions when we’re together. I think both sides of the family are wrong and both sides of the family think I’m wrong. We don’t hammer one another when we have conversations.

Yes. He attempted to persuade them by reasoning with them from the scriptures.

Christians aren’t called to violence, nor to take anything by force.
The term violence here means you gotta get with it and work to convince your fellow man their need to obey Acts 2:38.

Reactions: Matthias

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are giving Jesus all the Credit due Him <ALONE>< for Salvation, then all is good with your post.
What? I was simply saying you probably didn’t mean to quote me. Have a good day.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey this instead.

Romans 16:25.

Learn that one and preach that one, Truther.
You cannot substitute an Epistle letter for a command for sinners to obey to obtain remission of their sins...

To sinners....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ...

To saints....

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You cannot substitute an Epistle letter for a command for sinners to obey to obtain remission of their sins...

What you said, makes no sense.

So, let me try it.

The Bible, is a book of PROGRESSIVE Revelation.
God didn't stop His revelation, in Acts 2.
He continued .............
Paul was called. and the "gospel of the Grace of God" was instituted by Paul who taught it to Peter.

You need to learn it, as the Acts 2:38 cults = left out the REST of the NEW TESTAMENT.
You dont have to be one.
That's on you......

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To sinners....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ...

To saints....

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Paul's gospel is Peter's gospel for there is only one gospel, Ephesians 4:5.
Paul agrees with Peter for they are both guided by the same one Spirit, Ephesians 4:4.

Behold told you to read, Romans 16:24,
-Now to him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

Truther, Behold needs to read,
2Thessalonians 1:8 and 2Thessalonians 2:14,

Paul says about his gospel,
-to which he called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's gospel is Peter's gospel, for there is only one gospel, Ephesians 4:5.

Jesus' gospel must be obeyed, Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38,
Paul teaches what will happen if Jesus' gospel is not obeyed,

-2Thessalonians 1:8,
- in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you said, makes no sense.

So, let me try it.

The Bible, is a book of PROGRESSIVE Revelation.
God didn't stop His revelation, in Acts 2.
He continued.
Paul was called. and the "gospel of the Grace of God" was instituted by Paul who taught it to Peter.

You need to learn it, as the Acts 2:38 cults = left out the REST of the NEW TESTAMENT.
You dont have to be one.
This is what you need to see to help me make sense...

....I created it this year.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul's gospel is Peter's gospel

Nonsense.

Paul is the "apostle to the gentiles".
Peter, 10 yrs after Christ is back in HEAVEN, has to be shown in Acts 10 that GENTILES can be saved.

So, Peter didnt know it, and when you dont know something, you can't preach it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's gospel is Peter's gospel for there is only one gospel, Ephesians 4:5.
Paul agrees with Peter for they are both guided by the same one Spirit, Ephesians 4:4.

Behold told you to read, Romans 16:24,
-Now to him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

Truther, Behold needs to read,
2Thessalonians 1:8 and 2Thessalonians 2:14,

Paul says about his gospel,
-to which he called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's gospel is Peter's gospel, for there is only one gospel, Ephesians 4:5.

Jesus' gospel must be obeyed, Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38,
Paul teaches what will happen if Jesus' gospel is not obeyed,

-2Thessalonians 1:8,
- in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I think you need to see this now....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is what you need to see to help me make sense...

....I created it this year.

I have no idea what that is, but as you have no idea how to explain the Blood atonement, or what Jesus meant when He said "it is FINISHED" and He's talking about : 2 Corinthians 5:19.....
As you dont know any of this, and can't preach the Cross, i wont be wasting my time on your video.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

Paul is the "apostle to the gentiles".
Peter, 10 yrs after Christ is back in HEAVEN, has to be shown in Acts 10 that GENTILES can be saved.

So, Peter didnt know it, and when you dont know something, you can't preach it.
You are calling Paul's teaching nonsense!
2Thessalonians 2:14,
-to which he called you by OUR GOSPEL for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what that is, but as you have no idea how to explain the Blood atonement, or what Jesus meant when He said "it is FINISHED" and he's talking about : 2 Corinthians 5:19.....
As you dont know any of this, and can't preach the Cross, i wont be wasting my time on your video.
The video is only a few minutes, and it explains the order of the NT. It would benefit you immeasurably to review it.