• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By no stretch of the imagination is water baptism legalism. It is required. But the part it plays in salvation is relative.
Belief...faith...repentance...baptism...communion....what part each plays in salvation is not explained in detail in the Bible. The dividing line of what does what is not explained. We are told to do them, if you want to be rebellious and argue with Christ and the Apostles, that will not work out well for you.

You will not find anywhere in the Bible....that is no one is saying Baptism is not required. As Christ said, Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say. Who else are you going pick for what to do for salvation. You give the impression that the Bible means nothing. That the only scriptures that matter are the ones that agree with you
No where in the Bible is Belief...faith...repentance...baptism...communion defined as works.....you are writing your own scriptures. Read the Bible!
It may help to understand the viewpoint that says water baptism is legalism, which of course it is it, if you consider someone holding to that errant idea is admittedly teaching Paul's theology.

Paul said, Jesus did not send him to baptize.
1 Corinthians :17.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

Did that mean Paul never baptized anyone? No. It means that baptism wasn't a priority in Paul's teaching.
Baptism is required and relative to the Gospel.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You just lied again.
And this is probably because you dont read the bible at all, justbyfaith.

But if you do compare the KJV with the Douay Rheims, you'll note that the water cult bible, (Doauy Rheims) says this..

"""""Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be BORN AGAIN of water """""

The KJV says this..." Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water""""

So, the "cult of mary" bible LIE is that you are BORN AGAIN of water, which is your false belief.

Real Christians know that we are not born again of water, as the lying Douay Rheims, teaches, but rather we are born again by God's Spirit.
NO WATER.

KJV
John 3:3 - "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

How do you "see" the kingdom of God?
Answer - by entering it.
How do you enter it?
Well Jesus tells us - by being born of water and Spirit (John 3:5)
"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Being "born again" (or "born from above" in some translations) is being born of water and Spirit.
Or to put it the other way round being born of water and Spirit is being born again.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course.
The bible is THE final authority.
This is why i only Teach Pauline Theology.

You don't believe what Jesus says then?

And where does Paul say that the Bible is THE final authority?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Being "born again" (or "born from above" in some translations) is being born of water and Spirit.
Or to put it the other way round being born of water and Spirit is being born again.

Listen.

Nicodemus said...."How can i go back into my mother"" = how can i be born that way again, and also be born Spiritually.

So, Jesus gave him the natural answer to contrast this with the Spiritual answer.

He was not saying...>"you must go and get water baptized, and then Believe i am the Messiah".

So, stop believing this nonsense, as that is "cult of mary" heresy, that is to believe that water saves, or has a part in redemption.
IT DOES NOT.

Let me prove it.
Take Christ off the Cross. Put Him back in Heaven.....>He's never come yet.
Now, go and get water baptized, 3468 times, and see if you are SAVED YET.
YOU ARE NOT.
Water baptism can't save a goat.
It can't redeem SIN.
ITS ONLY WATER.

WAKE UP !!!!!!

Now....

Jesus was explaining......>Yes, you have to have the natural birth.....and then you have to have the SUPERNATURAL Birth.

THAT IS 2 birthdays.

The Natural birth, is .....you are a baby in a bag of water, inside your mama. At birth, that water BREAKS, and you come out of that WATER.
That is "born of water"..........all babies are this......all people are born from that bag of water. = born of water.
That is the "born of water" part of the verse.

But then, the important part, ...you must be BORN AGAIN.....THE 2nd Birth the SPIRITUAL BIRHT..

So again, you've been born once, out of that water bag, from inside your mother, and that is the water birth part.......but the >NEW BIRTH< is....>"to be born again"< that is the Spiritual BIRTH, and that one is what Jesus is explaining.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You don't believe what Jesus says then?

And where does Paul say that the Bible is THE final authority?

Jesus told Paul what im telling you.
The NT is mostly writtten by PAUL.
Do you read it?
Do you own one?
Most of it was written by Paul.
What Paul teaches, i teach.
This all comes from Jesus.
"Pauline Theology".
Its been around about 2000 yrs.
Time you found out what it is....so, just read what i write.
I have authored over 250 Threads = written on this Forum, and all are Pauline Theology, as Paul gave it.
Its all basic fundamental NT Theology.
It all came from Messiah, through Paul, to us.
Not many can teach it correctly in the end times.
A few of us are left who have been doing it for a long time.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you read it?
Do you own one?
"Pauline Theology".
I have authored over 250 Threads = written on this Forum, and all are Pauline Theology, as Paul gave it.

So you don't believe Jesus.
Have you removed the four gospels, Acts, Hebrews, Peter and John's letters and Revelation from your Bible?

Reactions: Philip James

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may help to understand the viewpoint that says water baptism is legalism, which of course it is it, if you consider someone holding to that errant idea is admittedly teaching Paul's theology.

Paul said, Jesus did not send him to baptize.
1 Corinthians :17.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.

Did that mean Paul never baptized anyone? No. It means that baptism wasn't a priority in Paul's teaching.
Baptism is required and relative to the Gospel.

Agreed and you got this.
Did Christ baptize anyone? What does that mean? Did Christ say to be baptized? Act 2:38...You know that Luke was a disciple of Paul...right.

Galatians 3:26-27 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Roman 6:3-4
Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Something as fundamental as Baptism....really? Satan is a schemer, he will approach the scriptures from any angle that he thinks he can twist and confuse. And so will his appointed. @Behold is dancing to Satan's fiddle....do not fall for his lies!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Listen.

Nicodemus said...."How can i go back into my mother"" = how can i be born that way again, and also be born Spiritually.

So, Jesus gave him the natural answer to contrast this with the Spiritual answer.

He was not saying...>"you must go and get water baptized, and then Believe i am the Messiah".

So, stop believing this nonsense, as that is "cult of mary" heresy, that is to believe that water saves, or has a part in redemption.
IT DOES NOT.

Let me prove it.
Take Christ off the Cross. Put Him back in Heaven.....>He's never come yet.
Now, go and get water baptized, 3468 times, and see if you are SAVED YET.
YOU ARE NOT.
Water baptism can't save a goat.
It can't redeem SIN.
ITS ONLY WATER.

WAKE UP !!!!!!

Now....

Jesus was explaining......>Yes, you have to have the natural birth.....and then you have to have the SUPERNATURAL Birth.

THAT IS 2 birthdays.

The Natural birth, is .....you are a baby in a bag of water, inside your mama. At birth, that water BREAKS, and you come out of that WATER.
That is "born of water"..........all babies are this......all people are born from that bag of water. = born of water.
That is the "born of water" part of the verse.

But then, the important part, ...you must be BORN AGAIN.....THE 2nd Birth the SPIRITUAL BIRHT..

So again, you've been born once, out of that water bag, from inside your mother, and that is the water birth part.......but the >NEW BIRTH< is....>"to be born again"< that is the Spiritual BIRTH, and that one is what Jesus is explaining.

The baby is contained in the womb in amniotic fluid nnot water.
Amniotic fluid is never called water in the Bible.
When Jesus talks of water to Nicodemus he means real water- H2O - the wet stuff that falls from the sky.

Jesus said "He who believes and is baptized will be saved"(Mk 16:16)
I believe Jesus. Apparently you do not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you don't believe Jesus.
Have you removed the four gospels, Acts, Hebrews, Peter and John's letters and Revelation from your Bible?

Do you believe in Jesus?
If you do, then start today proving it, by giving Christ all credit due Him, for saving you and keeping you saved.

Also, all the epistles are good for doctrine, instruction, reproof, ects, but not all are going to teach you the principles of Salvation or the understanding of the Blood Atonment, or how to believe right, regarding the Grace of God.

For example, Peter, didnt even know that gentiles could be saved, until 10+ yrs after Christ was back in Heaven.
So, Peter didnt have the "gospel of the Grace of God", for quite a while.
Paul had it, from the first..

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe in Jesus?
If you do, then start today proving it, by giving Christ all credit due Him, for saving you and keeping you saved.

Also, all the epistles are good for doctrine, instruction, reproof, ects, but not all are going to teach you the principles of Salvation or the understanding of the Blood Atonment, or how to believe right, regarding the Grace of God.

For example, Peter, didnt even know that gentiles could be saved, until 10+ yrs after Christ was back in Heaven.
So, Peter didnt have the "gospel of the Grace of God", for quite a while.
Paul had it, from the first..

Yes I believe Jesus.
I believe him when he said "He who believes and is baptized will be saved"(Mk 16:16)
But apparently you think Jesus is a liar.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amniotic fluid is never called water in the Bible.

The bible was written before the term amniotic fluid (water), was created.

Have you no children?
Are you a male?
If you have a wife, and she is ever pregnant, you can believe that just before she delivers that child, you will be waiting for the "water to break".
So, stop being an agitator, just because it feels good to your flesh.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The bible was written before the term amniotic fluid (water), was created.

Have you no children?
Are you a male?
If you have a wife, and she is ever pregnant, you can believe that just before she delivers that child, you will be waiting for the "water to break".

Amniotic fluid is not water and never was.

Jesus was referring to real water - H2O - the stuff that falls from the sky.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes I believe Jesus.
I believe him when he said "He who believes and is baptized will be saved"(Mk 16:16)
But apparently you think Jesus is a liar.

Read the rest of the verse.
You left some out.
See, all deceivers only post a part of a verse, and that way they can lie.
Isnt that right? You just did it.

The rest of the verse says....and """""" he who believes not.....shall be damned.""""

See that part, you left out? Its the main part, deceiver.

Its showing you that its the BELIEVING or NOT< that is the reason, you'll burn in the lake of fire, or will end up in Heaven.
Notice it says nothing about water baptism.
It only explains that NOT BELIEVING< is why you go to hell.

Water can't save you.
Water didnt die on the Cross, mungo.
If water could save you then we'd all be saved the first time we took a SHOWER< or a BATH, or got into a swimming pool.

So, be smarter.
Ok?

This is why God told you this, and notice there is no WATER in it..
Read it.

John 3:36

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an inflated opinion of your ability.
Its almost as inflated as your pride.

Also, for you to say that everyone preaches pauline theology, is to be clueless, grailhunter.
There are half a dozen people here who dont' preach Pauline Theology, who live on my Threads, for the last 8 months.
Some preach Mary.
Some preach Water Baptism.
Some preach Peter, in Acts 2.

So, your ability is only to reveal that you dont know what you are talking about, again.

Im the one preaching Grace., and im not certain where you are on it, as , you are not able to explain why the Blood of Jesus that saves, keeps you saved, forever, and can never be changed.

This is what I said…..

Everybody preaches Pauline Theology....Usually picking one extreme or the other of his statements.
It does not matter if it is Christ, Paul, John, or Peter, on all the important topics they touch on the extremes.
People taking the Holy Scriptures and throwing them at each other....Picking your favorite scriptures and explaining others away.
I would say mindlessly....if it weren't for the fact that it has been going on for centuries...and now on this forum....if anybody had an honest heart and paid attention it is like a neon sign....how can you miss it....using the Bible to attack each other....On and on! Over and over!

My analytical skills and my abilities to see patterns, give me an edge, but come on! What has been happening for centuries, well for over 1500 years, is happening right here in front of your eyes....be honest, do not try to teach the Bible your religion. I have been trying to get people to understand this for over a year. Just open your eyes!

I explained this in detail with examples in the Tread...Where is Truth. It was a literary style that was used by most of the Biblical writers. OSAS is not correct.....Fire and brimstone and easy loss of salvation is not correct....The Truth is in the middle....seek the Truth.

By no stretch of the imagination is water baptism legalism. It is required. But the part it plays in salvation is relative.
Belief...faith...repentance...baptism...communion....what part each plays in salvation is not explained in detail in the Bible. The dividing line of what does what is not explained. We are told to do them, if you want to be rebellious and argue with Christ and the Apostles, that will not work out well for you.

You will not find anywhere in the Bible....that is no one is saying Baptism is not required. As Christ said, Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say. Who else are you going pick for what to do for salvation. You give the impression that the Bible means nothing. That the only scriptures that matter are the ones that agree with you
No where in the Bible is Belief...faith...repentance...baptism...communion defined as works.....you are writing your own scriptures. Read the Bible!

This is what you said…..

You have an inflated opinion of your ability.
Its almost as inflated as your pride.

Also, for you to say that everyone preaches pauline theology, is to be clueless, grailhunter.
There are half a dozen people here who dont' preach Pauline Theology, who live on my Threads, for the last 8 months.
Some preach Mary.
Some preach Water Baptism.
Some preach Peter, in Acts 2.

So, your ability is only to reveal that you dont know what you are talking about, again.

Im the one preaching Grace., and im not certain where you are on it, as , you are not able to explain why the Blood of Jesus that saves, keeps you saved, forever, and can never be changed.

Everything I said is true.
Everything you said is a lie. Straight up lie. And people can see you for what you are!
You do nothing but twist the scriptures and twist what people say. A schemer you are and a dancer for the devil!
You need to put the devil behind you and start from scratch and read the Bible with a honest heart.
Repent for the evil you preach!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amniotic fluid is not water and never was.Jesus was referring to real water - H2O - the stuff that falls from the sky.

The bag that contains the baby, is water, with the mother's support fluid.

Listen, here is some physiology for you.......basic physiology.....At first, amniotic fluid consists of water from the mother's body, but gradually, the larger proportion is made up of the baby's urine.

Do you know what Urine is, mongo?
Its mostly WATER.
About 99.7 percent.

No need to be one of the useless herd.
There is certainly already plenty of that type here.
Be different, be willing to be more then just the natural mind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism has the power to seal the deal for the believer.

Whoever believes and is baptized "shall be saved" (Mark 16:16)...absolute terminology

Whoever merely believes "should not perish" (John 3:16)...iffy

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord "shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)...again, absolute terminology.

In the days of the New Testament people called on the name of the Lord at the time of baptism (Acts of the Apostles 22:16)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bag that contains the baby, is water, with the mother's support fluid.

Listen, here is some physiology for you.......basic physiology.....At first, amniotic fluid consists of water from the mother's body, but gradually, the larger proportion is made up of the baby's urine.

Do you know what Urine is, mongo?
Its mostly WATER.
About 99.7 percent.

No need to be one of the useless herd.
There is certainly already plenty of that type here.
Be different, be willing to be more then just the natural mind.
The legalist is the person who believes.

1. Water baptism is required for salvation
2. Works are required.

Notice this word...>"REQUIRED"... So, the Legalist places their REQUIREMENTS on God's Grace, which changes it from a Gift to a SELF EFFORT.

Let me show you this....

The Legalist will not believe or agree that the same that saved you keeps you saved.

So, when you are ready, explain this...

Explain why the Blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved, forever, and this can never be changed....

Explain that, grailhunter, whenever you think you can..

Repent of your evil lies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you read it?
Do you own one?
"Pauline Theology".

Repent of your evil ways!