• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You teach awful theology.

First of all, its an insult to God, to low rate and denigrate the Bible, as you have, by lowering it to be no better then "books".

You call yourself a teacher, and a pastor, and yet you say the bible is no better then "books'.

Here is my reaction to that..

= SPIT.

Listen, Its like this...deceiver, with no authority other then your OPINIONS and your "cult of mary".
The word of God, is the Authority., and that's Final.
God said that He elevates His word above his NAME.
Notice this verse that you've never read..

""for thou God, hast magnified thy word above all thy name."""

Thats Psalm 138.
That is God's perspective on His word, that you deny has more authority than a person, and is just a "book".
So, think on that, Mr Water Baptism + Works is Salvation.
The word of God will be here, long after all your authorities have died and turned to dust.
The Word of God is The Truth, just as surely as Jesus is the Truth.

And also, you say that people are the Authority, and not the bible, Yet, God says that """"Jesus has ALL authority on Earth and in Heaven.""
So, there is your PEOPLE< authority.
That's one more verse you never read in that book you say is just a "book".

Read post #119

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The I think you do not understand the meaning of authority.
Jesus said “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" (Mt 28:18)
Can you show me from scripture where Jesus gave his authority to the Bible.

You can see from the following verses that he gave authority to the apostles
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" and then he said to them "and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."
Nothing about a book

The apostles wrote the Bible, and what they wrote is the final authority today, over and above what might be spoken ex cathedra, or teachings of the Catholic Church.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The I think you do not understand the meaning of authority.
Jesus said “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" (Mt 28:18)
Can you show me from scripture where Jesus gave his authority to the Bible.

You can see from the following verses that he gave authority to the apostles
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" and then he said to them "and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."
Nothing about a book
You dismiss then the importance of the Bible?
Jesus and his apostles used the Bible, known then as the Septuagint, in his teachings.

And lest we forget John, on Patmos, and the book of Revelation .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The apostles wrote the Bible, and what they wrote is the final authority today, over and above what might be spoken ex cathedra, or teachings of the Catholic Church.

The Bible has no authority. It is authoritative, meaning true and reliable.

Authority belongs to people.

Jesus tells the people about authority to teach.
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying, “The scribes and the Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses. Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their example. For they preach but they do not practice. (Mt 23:1-3).

Jesus is saying that the scribes and Pharisees have the authority to teach (they sit in the chair of Moses) and the people should listen to their teaching. He does not tell them to read scripture and work it out for themselves.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You dismiss then the importance of the Bible?
Jesus and his apostles used the Bible, known then as the Septuagint, in his teachings.

And lest we forget John, on Patmos, and the book of Revelation .

No I am not dismissing the importance of the Bible. I would not do that.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just playing the devil's advocate here...

@Behold, what do you say to the following passage?

1Co 4:18, Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
1Co 4:19, But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
1Co 4:20, For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1Co 4:21, What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

4:20 is the context.

You have an Apostle. Paul.
This Apostle was chosen, hand picked by Jesus, and shown, what i teach as Pauline Theology. (Church Doctrine).
He says that some are "puffed up".. These are clouds without rain, who pretend to be leaders, but deny the authority of the Bible, as you did today, for all to see.
And when you come again, and try to undo that, it'll be worse for you, then just trying to hide from your deed.
(you can always edit your post).

Now notice, "come with a rod"... This is, the instruction of a child., "train up a child", "spare not the rod"...
And that context here is dealing with CARNAL BABY Christians.
See, the Corinthians were the baby Christians, the worst.
This is why they are always worried about GIFTS.
See, a baby, wants a toy, and a baby Christian is always obsessing on "gifts of the Spirit".
So, Paul was letting them know that he had heard the reports, and he was not happy with them....

And so, you have "puffed up", fakirs, carnal pretend leaders, who are born again, but are of the natural mind and like to play CHURCH, with people.
You do this on this Forum, and not just you.
So, this Apostle, has the "sign's of an Apostle", 2nd Corinthians 12:12... He has Heavenly Power, and not just words and wisdom.
He can harm you, and it be a righteous thing with God that you are so corrected.
He can cause you to go BLIND, as He did to a male witch in Acts 13. And notice this epistle is the "ACTS of the APOSTLES".....not the deeds of the born again.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus tells the people about authority to teach.
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying, “The scribes and the Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses. Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their example. For they preach but they do not practice. (Mt 23:1-3).

Jesus is saying that the scribes and Pharisees have the authority to teach (they sit in the chair of Moses) and the people should listen to their teaching. He does not tell them to read scripture and work it out for themselves.
From whence do teachers glean their teachings that they would then bring and teach others?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you wish of course.
As far as me....in the spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, I hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
In all due respect, I don't think you have that authority.
As long as one lost to the truth of God is breathing, they are able to be called by God into repentance and salvation.

Don't gift the enemy a single soul by the act of your own fingers on the keyboard. It makes no sense when later typing scripture with the purpose of leading readers to the Gospel that saves.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Wrong.

The bible is a LIVING BOOK that contains the LIVING word of God.
The bible is not a book. Its a LIGHT, its a PATH, its the TRUTH, that happens to be written down, as God's plan from Alpha to Omega.

Without the BIBLE or the true Texts that created it, there would be no Church, as the Church, is started by the words of God that created it.

Every believer, is a RESULT of the Preaching and the HEARING of a BIBLE.

No BIBLE< No Gospel. No Gospel, no Christians.

Also, you say that people are the authority, but that is not the case in the True Body of Christ, tho in your denomination, what you say is probably how it functions.
But in the Body of Christ, the BIBLE , the NEW TESTAMENT, is the only Authority.
"People" are just chosen leaders.
Nothing more, and leaders can SIN, and LIE, and FAIL.

The word of God will never do this, because its PERFECT and HOLY.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You teach awful theology.

First of all, its an insult to God, to low rate and denigrate the Bible, as you have, by lowering it to be no better then "books".

You call yourself a teacher, and a pastor, and yet you say the bible is no better then "books'.

Here is my reaction to that..

= SPIT.

Listen, Its like this...deceiver, with no authority other then your OPINIONS and your "cult of mary".
The word of God, is the Authority., and that's Final.
God said that He elevates His word above his NAME.
Notice this verse that you've never read..

""for thou God, hast magnified thy word above all thy name."""

Thats Psalm 138.
That is God's perspective on His word, that you deny has more authority than a person, and is just a "book".
So, think on that, Mr Water Baptism + Works is Salvation.
The word of God will be here, long after all your authorities have died and turned to dust.
The Word of God is The Truth, just as surely as Jesus is the Truth.

And also, you say that people are the Authority, and not the bible, Yet, God says that """"Jesus has ALL authority on Earth and in Heaven.""
So, there is your PEOPLE< authority.
That's one more verse you never read in that book you say is just a "book".

Repent of your evil ways and words

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to interject here with regard to the false notion the Bible has no authority.

I think it important to recall that Jesus himself as well as his disciples used the phrase, "It is written", all throughout his ministry.

As I recall one source said that phrase appeared something like 90 times throughout the New Testament.

I can find that source in my saved favorites file upon request.:)

Reactions: Grailhunter

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
From whence do teachers glean their teachings that they would then bring and teach others?
Paul explain that in his letter to Timothy

Paul passed on to Timothy what he himself received:
Hold to the standard of sound teaching that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit living in us. (2 Tim 1:13-14)

And instructs him to proclaim what he has received
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingly power: proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching. (2 Tim 4:1-2)

Paul instructs Timothy to pass the sound teaching and good treasure to faithful people in his turn
So you, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And what you heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will have the ability to teach others as well. (2Tim 2:1-2)

In first place among these faithful people who are to be entrusted with this teaching are the bishops:
For a bishop as God’s steward must be blameless, ……holding fast to the true message as taught so that he will be able both to exhort with sound doctrine and to refute opponents. (Ti 1:7,9)

The apostles left those whom they appointed to their offices - the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, guided by the same Holy Spirit.

This is witnessed by the early church as these examples from the first two centuries demonstrate:
"Through countryside and city [the apostles] preached, and they appointed their earliest converts, testing them by the Spirit, to be the bishops and deacons of future believers. Nor was this a novelty, for bishops and deacons had been written about a long time earlier.... Our apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife for the office of bishop. For this reason, therefore, having received perfect foreknowledge, they appointed those who have already been mentioned and afterwards added the further provision that, if they should die, other approved men should succeed to their ministry." (Pope Clement, fourth Bishop of Rome, Epistle to the Corinthians 42:4-5, 44:1-3 [A.D. 80]).

In the same way all should respect the deacons as they would Jesus Christ, just as they respect the bishop as representing the Father and the priests as the council of God and the college of the Apostles. Apart from these there is nothing that can be called a Church. (Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Trallians, AD 107)

"When I had come to Rome, I [visited] Anicetus, whose deacon was Eleutherus. And after Anicetus [died], Soter succeeded, and after him Eleutherus. In each succession and in each city there is a continuance of that which is proclaimed by the Law, the Prophets, and the Lord" (Hegesippus, Memoirs 4:22:1 [ca. A.D. 180]).

"For all these [heretics] are of much later date than are the bishops to whom the apostles handed over the churches, and this fact I pointed out most carefully in the third book. It is of necessity, then, that these aforementioned heretics, because they are blind to the truth, walk in devious paths, and on this account the vestiges of their doctrines are scattered about without agreement or connection. The path of those, however, who belong to the Church goes around the whole world, for it has the firm tradition of the apostles, enabling us to see that the faith of all is one and the same" (Irenaeus, Against Heresies. 5:20:1 AD 180-199).

"Polycarp was instructed not only by the apostles and conversed with many who had seen Christ, but was also appointed bishop of the church in Smyrna by the apostles in Asia. I saw him in my early youth, for he tarried a long time and when quite old departed this life in a glorious and most noble martyrdom. He always taught those things which he learned from the apostles and which the Church had handed down and which are true. To these things the churches in Asia bear witness, as do also the successors of Polycarp even to the present time" (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 3:3:4 AD 180-199)

"After the death of the tyrant, [the apostle John] came back again to Ephesus from the Island of Patmos; and, upon being invited, he went even to the neighboring cities of the pagans, here to appoint bishops, there to set in order whole churches, and there to ordain to the clerical state such as were designated by the Spirit" ( Clement of Alexandria, Who Is the Rich Man That Is Saved? 42:2 [A.D. 190]).

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wrong.

The bible is a LIVING BOOK that contains the LIVING word of God.
The bible is not a book. Its a LIGHT, its a PATH, its the TRUTH, that happens to be written down, as God's plan from Alpha to Omega.

Without the BIBLE or the true Texts that created it, there would be no Church, as the Church, is started by the words of God that created it.

Every believer, is a RESULT of the Preaching and the HEARING of a BIBLE.

No BIBLE< No Gospel. No Gospel, no Christians.

Also, you say that people are the authority, but that is not the case in the True Body of Christ, tho in your denomination, what you say is probably how it functions.
But in the Body of Christ, the BIBLE , the NEW TESTAMENT, is the only Authority.
"People" are just chosen leaders.
Nothing more, and leaders can SIN, and LIE, and FAIL.

The word of God will never do this, because its PERFECT and HOLY.

That may be your opinion but you are wrong.

Your claims are manifestly false.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just to interject here with regard to the false notion the Bible has no authority.

I think it important to recall that Jesus himself as well as his disciples used the phrase, "It is written", all throughout his ministry.

As I recall one source said that phrase appeared something like 90 times throughout the New Testament.

I can find that source in my saved favorites file upon request.:)

Of course Jesus quoted from scripture. It was evidence of the truth of what he was teaching but that is nothing to do with authority.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says that some are "puffed up".. These are clouds without rain, who pretend to be leaders, but deny the authority of the Bible, as you did today, for all to see.

How, pray tell, did I do that?

By quoting the Bible (1 Corinthians 4:20)?

And when you come again, and try to undo that, it'll be worse for you, then just trying to hide from your deed.
(you can always edit your post).

I will not do that; and also, never have I done that, except once, with @HisLife.

That could not be hidden; and if I had done it more times than that singular time, those times also would be unable to be hidden. For I am a true child of God and therefore He is inclined to chasten me when I do what is wrong (Hebrews 12:5-11).

And so, you have "puffed up", fakirs, carnal pretend leaders, who are born again, but are of the natural mind and like to play CHURCH, with people.
You do this on this Forum, and not just you.

You in fact have three fingers pointing back at you, here (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes; so apparently the Bible has enough authority to be able to deal with satan's wiles.