The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
My point?
ATP, since I met you, you have been sarcastic and cruel to me.
You have belittled me, and all but called me a liar.
You have been arrogant and rude.
You have not shown me any love at all...

Going only by your posts, son....your Christianity is in doubt.
Rom 8:33 ESV Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Let me straighten out a major misconception.
I do believe in the eternal security of Christ's followers.
Jesus will deliver each and every one of them safely to their eternal destination.
There is no doubt in my mind.

HOWEVER....we all have free will in this arrangement. We can decline His invitation.
Or we can think that we are following Him, when in reality, we are following a false teacher...don't forget that Satan can transform himself into an angel of light...
We can willfully sin, and thus lose our salvation.

There is more to this than a simple profession of faith. There is the action of actually following Him....as in obeying Him.
There is a yoke that we must accept. There is a burden we must bear.
Let's not forget that.

For me, the debate is about who is a believer...not the final destination of those believers.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Let me straighten out a major misconception.
I do believe in the eternal security of Christ's followers.
Jesus will deliver each and every one of them safely to their eternal destination.
There is no doubt in my mind.

HOWEVER....we all have free will in this arrangement. We can decline His invitation.
There is no "however" in Heb 9:12. You're adding to scripture.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
And you, I take it, are one of God's elect?
Then show me.
Bring forth fruits worthy of repentance.
Show you by typing behind a computer screen? :lol:

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Are you saying that God removes our free will when we are "saved"?
Can you show me where God says that?
No, we have free will to repent. Repentance for nonbeliever is not the same as repentance for believer. Polar opposite.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Most people are too focused on the idol worship, and could care less about learning God's Word.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
Can you answer the post you ignored please.

That's precisely the issue. Do you understand what He did Butch.
Your refusal to present a cogent argument indicates to me that you have none.

Yes, I understand what He did. However, looking at the doctrine you're espousing it doesn't appear that you do.That you asked the question suggests to me an attempt to distract from the real issue. As I've said, I don't believe anyone is arguing about whether the believe has eternal life or about God's or Christ's ability to save. The issue is will a man remain faithful or turn away, that is how one loses salvation. Posting passage that don't address this issue is simply a red herring fallacy.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.
Who is Paul addressing? BELIEVERS. That is not the issue

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
Your refusal to present a cogent argument indicates to me that you have none.

Yes, I understand what He did. However, looking at the doctrine you're espousing it doesn't appear that you do.That you asked the question suggests to me an attempt to distract from the real issue. As I've said, I don't believe anyone is arguing about whether the believe has eternal life or about God's or Christ's ability to save. The issue is will a man remain faithful or turn away, that is how one loses salvation. Posting passage that don't address this issue is simply a red herring fallacy.
Like I said, they put truth on the back burner. God's Word doesn't matter at this point. :(

Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.