The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
To those who read but don't post, note the lack of any cogent argument for the support of OSAS.
You're making it too easy for me. You need to step up your game.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
You're making it too easy for me. You need to step up your game.
ATP, this is not a "game". People need to know the truth. Not a twisted version of it.
People must realize....they cannot hide under the blood of Christ to commit even more sin, believing that once they've been saved, what they do no longer matters.
There are too many who think to use this "eternal security" doctrine as a license to sin. They need to know that it is not any such thing.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Heb 9:12 NLT With his own blood--not the blood of goats and calves--he entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever.
Yes. Christ opened a way into the Holy of Holies that no man can close. It will be there forever.
That doesn't mean that a person who has decided to take this way cannot get lost.
Sin is still sin....and the wages of sin have not changed.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
ATP, this is not a "game". People need to know the truth. Not a twisted version of it.
People must realize....they cannot hide under the blood of Christ to commit even more sin, believing that once they've been saved, what they do no longer matters.
There are too many who think to use this "eternal security" doctrine as a license to sin. They need to know that it is not any such thing.
OSAS doesn't believe these things. These are ideas Satan has put in your head. Twisted ideas of what we believe. Walk away from the voices Barrd.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
No man comes unto the Father but through the Son.
There is no other way.
He is the way, and the truth, and the life.

OSASers seem to think that Jesus' teachings do not matter. They don't have to obey His command to love one another, or any other teaching of His.
All they have to do is to believe in Him, and hey, presto....they can do anything they like, because they are "saved".

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
That doesn't mean that a person who has decided to take this way cannot get lost.
Sin is still sin....and the wages of sin have not changed.
The term "lost" refers to nonbelievers Barrd. Someone who has obtained salvation will forever be found.

Matt 18:12-14 NIV “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

Luke 19:9-10 NIV Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
OSASers seem to think that Jesus' teachings do not matter. They don't have to obey His command to love one another, or any other teaching of His.
All they have to do is to believe in Him, and hey, presto....they can do anything they like, because they are "saved".
Walk away from the voices Barrd.............

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
OSAS doesn't believe these things. These are ideas Satan has put in your head. Twisted ideas of what we believe. Walk away from the voices Barrd.
Those are ideas you and others have put into my head, ATP.
I asked you if certain vile sins would separate a believer from his salvation....and you told me that they would still go to heaven, even after committing unspeakable sins.

I can not and will not believe that.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Those are ideas you and others have put into my head, ATP.
I asked you if certain vile sins would separate a believer from his salvation....and you told me that they would still go to heaven, even after committing unspeakable sins.

I can not and will not believe that.
You've invented a long list of things we believe. Your list is bogus Barrd. Why would I believe in continuing to sin?? Satan is lying to you.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
I believe in Jesus....I believe in His Word.
He says that those who love Him will obey Him.
Therefore, I would expect His followers to obey Him.
If He says we are to love one another, I would not expect a follower to be sarcastic and cruel....I expect him to be kind and loving, even when he disagrees.
If He talks about the Two Great Commandments, I expect His followers to obey those Two Commandments.

Someone who believes in Jesus will reflect that belief in his or her actions.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I believe in Jesus....I believe in His Word.
He says that those who love Him will obey Him.
Therefore, I would expect His followers to obey Him.
If He says we are to love one another, I would not expect a follower to be sarcastic and cruel....I expect him to be kind and loving, even when he disagrees.
If He talks about the Two Great Commandments, I expect His followers to obey those Two Commandments.

Someone who believes in Jesus will reflect that belief in his or her actions.
I agree. What is your point.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
You've invented a long list of things we believe. Your list is bogus Barrd. Why would I believe in continuing to sin?? Satan is lying to you.
I can only go by what you tell me, ATP.

Like the guy who believes that a renegade planet is about to crash into the earth and destroy us. Now, I think the poor guy is a half a bubble off....but I believe that he believes what he is saying.

When you tell me that a born again believer, secure in his salvation, may molest small children, even for years, and, because he is "saved" he still goes to heaven...well, I think you're a bubble and a half off....but I believe that is what you believe. I don't think you are "lying to me"...I think you are telling me what you actually believe.

I know it is not true....but I asked you, and you told me that this vicious man would still go to heaven.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I know it is not true....but I asked you, and you told me that this vicious man would still go to heaven.
Belief is belief Barrd. You're having a hard time understanding this aren't you. Matt 22:14.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I agree. What is your point.
My point?
ATP, since I met you, you have been sarcastic and cruel to me.
You have belittled me, and all but called me a liar.
You have been arrogant and rude.
You have not shown me any love at all...

Going only by your posts, son....your Christianity is in doubt.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Barrd said:
Of course, God does not ordain wolves to teach His Word.
But that doesn't mean that some have not crept in among the sheep....how else do you think the church has been torn into so many little fragments?
What she said, its in teh bible

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
My point?
ATP, since I met you, you have been sarcastic and cruel to me.
You have belittled me, and all but called me a liar.
You have been arrogant and rude.
You have not shown me any love at all...

Going only by your posts, son....your Christianity is in doubt.
Zech 3:1 NIV Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I know what belief means.

Did you read this verse?

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Another lie Satan has told you. Your list is getting bigger.