The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
Who is Paul addressing? BELIEVERS. That is not the issue
So if believers are secured in their redemption forever, then wouldn't that mean forever?? Forever ever, forever ever?? :rolleyes:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Butch5 said:
Your refusal to present a cogent argument indicates to me that you have none.

Yes, I understand what He did. However, looking at the doctrine you're espousing it doesn't appear that you do.That you asked the question suggests to me an attempt to distract from the real issue. As I've said, I don't believe anyone is arguing about whether the believe has eternal life or about God's or Christ's ability to save. The issue is will a man remain faithful or turn away, that is how one loses salvation. Posting passage that don't address this issue is simply a red herring fallacy.
"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
We have free will not to repent, as well. For some reason OSASers want to forget that.
We do have free will not to repent. Correct. You will probably lose your joy but...

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
We have free will not to repent, as well. For some reason OSASers want to forget that.
"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
The Barrd said:
ATP, this is not a "game". People need to know the truth. Not a twisted version of it.
People must realize....they cannot hide under the blood of Christ to commit even more sin, believing that once they've been saved, what they do no longer matters.
There are too many who think to use this "eternal security" doctrine as a license to sin. They need to know that it is not any such thing.
He has no argument which is why I believe he responded with that statement. There is no argument for OSAS because it's not what the Scriptures teach. There are warnings in Scripture for the believer to stay the course and not turn away. However, OSAS supports won't address the turning away issue, instead the just post passages about believers or what God or Christ has done.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of Scripture should be consulted...

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
So if believers are secured in their redemption forever, then wouldn't that mean forever?? Forever ever, forever ever?? :rolleyes:
Only if they are believers. If they change their minds and stop believing they are no longer believers thus no forever.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Once tou have received Christ and accepted salvation, the only way to loose it is to reject Christ. As a friend of mine said, Jesus cannot deny Himself. It is by faith we are justifed.....

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ewwwwwww... Doggie Jethro this is a hot one!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
And people have the right to change their minds.
Tell that to God...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Once tou have received Christ and accepted salvation, the only way to loose it is to reject Christ. As a friend of mine said, Jesus cannot deny Himself. It is by faith we are justifed.....
Yes...but the possibility that someone could deny Christ does exist.
It has happened.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
justaname said:
Tell that to God...
I think God knows it already...after all, He gave us freewill.
Didn't Adam sin, in the Garden of Eden? And didn't he know God intimately?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
I think God knows it already...after all, He gave us freewill.
Didn't Adam sin, in the Garden of Eden? And didn't he know God intimately?
Just exactly how does that deal with this portion of scripture?