The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
rockytopva said:
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. - Revelation 3:5
1 John 5:4-5 NIV for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

rockytopva said:
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. - Matthew 10:22

So this is a race in which we have got to run all of our days...
Running the race is about crowns in heaven, not about salvation..

1 Cor 9:24-27 NIV Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
justaname said:
I would like to introduce an idea...

We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection by the grace and free gift of God.This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned.

My language in this post may need to be refined and I am willing to answer any questions you might have. Also I would like to add that some who claim to follow this doctrine may disagree with some statements as presented, yet that in no way contradicts this presentation.

Thanks!
You and I think a lot alike on this issue...except for one thing.
Yes, it is possible for a person to willfully sin, and then not repent, and not come back to Christ. How do I know this? It is obvious. It happened even in the NT, as has been pointed out.
And yes, it is possible for a person to renounce his or her faith...to have a change of heart. I have spoken with far too many people who will tell you that they once believed in Christ, they were "saved"...but then they began to question. Many, many people who have decided that "science" has proven that the Bible is an outdated collection of bronze age shepherd's tales. Once, they were devout and faithful Christians....but they left their faith, proving that it is possible for a person to change his or her mind.
I believe with all of my heart that God will watch over a person, and that, even after a man has sinned, that the Holy Spirit will continue to convict that person...but ultimately it is that person's choice whether he will repent and return to Christ or not.
Same with someone who turns his back on his faith. Jesus doesn't just "let go" of that person....but ultimately, it is our own choice whether we will continue to walk with Him.

That's the bottom line. Jesus saves us....nothing we can do can give us eternal life.
But we must accept His gift. We must give Him the gift of ourselves...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Yes, it is possible for a person to willfully sin, and then not repent, and not come back to Christ. How do I know this? It is obvious. It happened even in the NT, as has been pointed out.
And yes, it is possible for a person to renounce his or her faith...to have a change of heart. I have spoken with far too many people who will tell you that they once believed in Christ, they were "saved"...but then they began to question. Many, many people who have decided that "science" has proven that the Bible is an outdated collection of bronze age shepherd's tales. Once, they were devout and faithful Christians....but they left their faith, proving that it is possible for a person to change his or her mind.
I believe with all of my heart that God will watch over a person, and that, even after a man has sinned, that the Holy Spirit will continue to convict that person...but ultimately it is that person's choice whether he will repent and return to Christ or not.
Same with someone who turns his back on his faith. Jesus doesn't just "let go" of that person....but ultimately, it is our own choice whether we will continue to walk with Him.

That's the bottom line. Jesus saves us....nothing we can do can give us eternal life.
How do we let go of God when God won't let go of us. It's not logical.

1 Cor 1:8-9 NIV He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Jude 1:24-25 NIV To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
How do we let go of God when God won't let go of us. It's not logical.

1 Cor 1:8-9 NIV He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Jude 1:24-25 NIV To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
How do we let go of God?
Because we still have free will.
Yes, I admit....it is a pretty stupid thing to do.
However, human beings are a pretty stupid lot....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
How do we let go of God?
Because we still have free will.
Yes, I admit....it is a pretty stupid thing to do.
However, human beings are a pretty stupid lot....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Yes, of course, He will, ATP....if we will let Him. Jesus Christ is faithful.
But He asks...

Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:

These you are speaking of were not saved nor were they ever going to be saved.

They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

Let's start here...but I want you to ponder this question.

In Jesus' parable of the four soils which soil(s) would you say is saved?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Yes, of course, He will, ATP....if we will let Him. Jesus Christ is faithful.
But He asks...
Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
You are adding to scripture.."if we let Him". You are still giving credit to your flesh.

2 Tim 2:13 NIV if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people cannot comprehend the idea “Once Saved Always Saved” is because they do not understand the concept of salvation.

However, if you ask:

What are you saved from?
They are quick to answer, why from my sins of course.

How many of your sins did Christ pay to set you free?
Again they are quick to respond, all of my sins. Past, present, and future!

What sin can you commit that will threaten you to hell if all of your sins were forgiven?
Here some would hesitate and think about it, after pondering they will say none.

That's correct! No single sin that a true believer can commit that will threaten him with hell for
he has been given eternal life and is safe in the hands of God that no one can pluck away.

Joh 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

What a great assurance for salvation!

To God Be The Glory

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Jun2u said:
Most people cannot comprehend the idea “Once Saved Always Saved” is because they do not understand the concept of salvation.

However, if you ask:

What are you saved from?

What sin can you commit that will threaten you to hell if all of your sins were forgiven?
Here some would hesitate and think about it, after pondering they will say none.

That's correct! No single sin that a true believer can commit that will threaten him with hell for
he has been given eternal life and is safe in the hands of God that no one can pluck away.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

To God Be The Glory
Amen! God Bless.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Repentance that leads to death is not of faith..

Heb 6:1 NIV Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

Heb 6:6 NIV and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
justaname said:
These you are speaking of were not saved nor were they ever going to be saved.

They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

Let's start here...but I want you to ponder this question.

In Jesus' parable of the four soils which soil(s) would you say is saved?
You are referring to the Parable of the Sower?

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

This speaks of the various reasons different people reject Christ....but there is no guarantee that the "good ground" may not, at some future point, suffer a drought, or develop weeds...anyone who has ever planted a garden could tell you that just because you had a good crop last year is no guarantee that you'll do as well this year. Tender plants need tending...if you ignore them a few might thrive...but many may not.
So, to those who think they are the "good ground"....beware, lest there should be a drought. Water your garden well!
Beware, lest weeds of this world should creep into your garden, and choke out the good plants....weed your garden daily.
Tend your garden, and it will flourish and grow.
Neglect it, and it will die....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Jun2u said:

However, if you ask:

What are you saved from?

To God Be The Glory
Have you guys read Matt 25?

Yes, I do believe in the Blessed Assurance those verses promise.
But I know that God requires us to respond. If it were not so, why isn't everyone saved?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Jun2u said:

However, if you ask:

What are you saved from?
From the death that I deserve as punishment for my sins. Jesus took my place on the cross. I think some folks have forgotten just what crucifixion entails. Not many modern men, spoiled as we are by all of our "modern conveniences", would survive even being tied up on a cross like that, never mind the beatings, the crown of thorns, the cruel spikes, and all the rest of it.

Jun2u said:
Each and every one of those sins has earned it's wage.
And we know what the wages of sin are, don't we?

Jun2u said:
Every time I sin, I become like a dog who returns to his vomit, or like a filthy pig who goes from her bath back to the mire.
And every sin I commit has the potential to send me to hell.
Attitude counts, here. This is where OSAS breaks down. The idea that a person can sin, and because they are "saved" there will be no punishment...that is like spitting on Christ's cross.

Yes, I believe in Eternal Security....but I will not encourage anyone to suppose that Christ ever guaranteed that you can sin all you like, and He will bear the burden for you.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
You are referring to the Parable of the Sower?

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

This speaks of the various reasons different people reject Christ....but there is no guarantee that the "good ground" may not, at some future point, suffer a drought, or develop weeds...anyone who has ever planted a garden could tell you that just because you had a good crop last year is no guarantee that you'll do as well this year. Tender plants need tending...if you ignore them a few might thrive...but many may not.
So, to those who think they are the "good ground"....beware, lest there should be a drought. Water your garden well!
Beware, lest weeds of this world should creep into your garden, and choke out the good plants....weed your garden daily.
Tend your garden, and it will flourish and grow.
Neglect it, and it will die....
Does the One giving the parable speak of a drought? If there is a drought is not God the giver of rain? Is there not someone who tends the ground to do the weeding, or is the ground supposed to weed itself?

Let's look at the other soils for a bit though...

Would you say any of these soils are "saved"? Also from the perspective of Jesus are any of these saved, or going to be saved?

Now just to speak a bit more...

Those who are found comfortable with sin do not evidence the faith they proclaim. Those not moved to do good works prove the faith they profess is dead.

These have no more assurance of salvation than the unbeliever.

Then we have those working good deeds for fear of judgement. Some place fences around laws and then fence out the fences so as to not break the laws.

These evidence their faith is in their own abilities. Their motives are not from the love of God, but of the fear of judgement.

It is written, fear of the Lord is beginning of wisdom: it is also written perfect love casts out fear.

I fear the Lord, yet my love outweighs my fear. My walk is not perfected, yet through Him working in me I have full confidence it will be, although my body will probably be in a glorified state.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Every time I sin, I become like a dog who returns to his vomit, or like a filthy pig who goes from her bath back to the mire.
We already discussed this Barrd. 2 Peter 2:1 NIV states that this chapter is about false prophets and false teachers...2 Pet 2:1 NIV But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2 Pet 2:3 NIV states that these people are still condemned, but scripture teaches us that believers are no longer condemned Mark 16:16 NIV, John 3:18 NIV, John 5:28-29 NIV, John 8:11 NIV, John 16:11 NIV, Rom 3:6-8 NIV, Rom 5:16 NIV, Rom 8:1-2 NIV, Rom 8:34 ESV, Col 2:13-15 NIV, 2 Thess 2:11-12 NIV, 2 Pet 2:3 NIV, 1 John 3:21 NIV, Jude 1:4-5 NIV....2 Pet 2:3 NIV In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

2 Pet 2:17 NIV states that these people are springs without water, but scripture teaches us that believers are springs WITH water John 4:13-14 NIV, John 7:38-39 NIV, 1 Pet 3:21 NIV, Rev 7:17 NIV, Rev 21:6 NIV, Rev 22:1-2 NIV, Rev 22:17 NIV....2 Pet 2:17 NIV These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them.

The Barrd said:
And every sin I commit has the potential to send me to hell.

Yes, I believe in Eternal Security...
How is that security Barrd. :blink:

Your belief is based on works salvation, and you don't even realize it.

John 8:44 NIV You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS believers are also against a works based salvation... Pretty good recipe for justifying the unfruitful Christian life!

6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. - Luke 13

From John Bunyan's 'The Barren Fruit Tree' ...

The metaphors in this parable are,
1. A certain man;.
2. A vineyard;
3. A fig-tree, barren or fruitless;
4. A dresser;
5. Three years;
6. Digging and dunging, &c.

The doctrine, or mystery, couched under these words is to show us what is like to become of a fruitless or formal professor. For,
1. By the man in the parable is meant God the Father (Luke 15:11).
2. By the vineyard, his church (Isa 5:7).
3. By the fig-tree, a professor.
4. By the dresser, the Lord Jesus.
5. By the fig-tree’s barrenness, the professor’s fruitlessness.
6. By the three years, the patience of God that for a time he extendeth to barren professors.
7. This calling to the dresser of the vineyard to cut it down, is to show the outcries of justice against fruitless professors.
8. The dresser’s interceding is to show how the Lord Jesus steps in, and takes hold of the head of his Father’s axe, to stop, or at least to defer, the present execution of a barren fig-tree.
9. The dresser’s desire to try to make the fig-tree fruitful, is to show you how unwilling he is that even a barren fig-tree should yet be barren, and perish.
10. His digging about it, and dunging of it, is to show his willingness to apply gospel helps to this barren professor, if haply he may be fruitful.
11. The supposition that the fig-tree may yet continue fruitless, is to show, that when Christ Jesus hath done all, there are some professors will abide barren and fruitless.
12. The determination upon this supposition, at last to cut it down, is a certain prediction of such professor’s unavoidable and eternal damnation.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
rockytopva said:
OSAS believers are also against a works based salvation... Pretty good recipe for justifying the unfruitful Christian life!
Either you have the root or you don't rocky. If the root has springs of water welling up to eternity, we will also John 4:13-14 NIV, John 7:38-39 NIV.

Matt 13:6 NIV But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
Matt 13:21 NIV But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
Rom 11:18 NIV do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
Rev 22:16 NIV “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give youfn this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection. This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned.

- ATP

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
We already discussed this Barrd. 2 Peter 2:1 NIV states that this chapter is about false prophets and false teachers...2 Pet 2:1 NIV But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
YOU believe that. I was not convinced.
Those verses speak of men who became false teachers.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

They had escaped the pollutions of this world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ--in other words, ATP, they were saved.
But they were again entangled in those pollutions...and overcome by them...and their latter end is worse for them than their beginning.
They had known the way of righteousness...but it would have been better for them if they had not known, than to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

There is no way that these people were not saved. They turned their backs on their salvation...
Did they become false teachers? Lord knows, ATP....we have plenty of those in our own day. Men who have turned from the truth to pour oil on itching ears...loving that paycheck that the church gives them every week more than they love God. You can see them every day on the television. You can see them every Sunday, preaching behind millions of pulpits all across America.
What is rare, I'm afraid, is to find a man who is willing to stand up and tell the truth....

But it isn't as if these were the only verses that show that OSAS is false:

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Jas 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

These are just a few of the verses that prove that OSAS is a lie. There are many others.
The point, my dear deluded friend, is that we need to take the entire Bible...every single verse, even the ones we don't like so much....maybe especially the ones we don't like so much....into consideration.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who doesn’t surrender to the Lord God’s Judgement of what is good for him is in danger of not being saved. In the Kingdom of God there is God’s will be done. And the rejoicing therein. No other will is done. Therefore on "freewill" in the Kingdom of Heaven or in those the Kingdom of Heaven is in.
The Life of Christ that was given to us for the acceptance in to God’s Presence doesn’t do see say anything outside of the Father’s will. Because it is the Father’s Judgement that is Good and trusted by the sons of God. Seeking no other judgement trusting God’s Judgement.

Mth:7:1: Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2: For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Jn:5:30: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Hence the Son seek not his own judgement but the Father’s though the Father has given it to the Son to judge men

Jn:5:22: For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Jn:5:27: And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Therefore what is understood as "freewill" does not exist in the Kingdom of Heaven. Because only those who have the Life of Christ will be there. And the life of Christ seeks fulfillment in the Father’s will.

How does this apply to OSAS? Simple, it is the Lord who sees the hearts of men, not men. Therefore men are not qualified to judge. Consider the Kingdom of God is within someone who is "born again". And that within is were God sees you. He sees your heart, like we see each others faces. To Him your heart is your face, what you look like to God. If the Life of Christ truly lives in you, it can’t die. Which is what happened to Adam and Eve who lost the life given them by disregarding God’s Judgement of what was good for them, and judged for themselves what was good for them, which resulted in death. Any judgement other than God’s Judgement is death, because God’s Judgement is Life.

So it could seem that someone has come to the Lord but refuse the Life of the Lord Jesus, because it’s not according to their own judgement which condemns in their own mind God’s good Judgement for them. Which for them to receive the Life of Christ. Hence judge not, for by that judgement you shall be judged.

But if you want wisdom to see whether those who say they are saved are. Consider, the Lord restored us to feed at the tree of Life, His Word, but how many still seek to feed at the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Those who feed at the tree of Life, feed others what they have feed on.