The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
More texts that fail to disprove that by our own choice while God stands by pleading to us not to leave Him we may forfeit eternal life by choosing a demonic master, a dead vine, dead bread, dead beliefs.
Not really, it is speaking about salvation Phone. Believing in the resurrection is demonic? Ouch.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Everyone,

Do you know that OSAS stems from Calvinism?

Those saved ones are elect, according to Calvinists.

and they are elected by God.

ladodgers6

Sep 25, 2015
I love the book of Romans. Romans 10, depicts the anti-thesis between works & grace. Which is a fundamental subject to get a grasp on. Because its a central tool to rightly divide the word of God. I agree with you on this passage. I just want to add, that the reason why people believe and confess is because its the work of the Holy Spirit. In 1 Cor 1:30, clearly states that its God who (gives/GOSPEL)(Law demands/Gospel gives). So if you read Romans 10 you will a contrast of the anti-thesis of the Law which the Jews try to established their OWN righteousness through the Law, and Paul preaching to his brothers and sisters that the righteousness of God is received through Faith and is given to the ungodly, not the righteous. Its what Luther called a alien righteousness. A righteousness that is outside of us in Christ, not a righteousness we earn through our works, but which is merited by Christ and imputed to sinner through faith.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Everyone,

Rom 8:38-39 ESV For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rev 20:14 NIV Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ladodgers6 said:
Stan there is no box created, when I hit the quote button.

Not the icon for quote but the word QUOTE at the bottom right of each post.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
This part, ": my sheep "hear" my voice.

Peter was sent to feed our Lords sheep , not everyone who claims to be a christian are His sheep,

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

If you are not receiving revelation from God how can you say you are His sheep.

In all His Love
When Jesus spoke the words above He was speaking to His people, the Jews (see verse 6 below)

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
-
Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Jesus did not say this for, or to, the Gentiles. Under grace a child of God is a member of the body of Christ. We are not sheep.

What was it that the Jews did not believe? Wasn't it that Jesus was their Messiah and King? We are not saved under grace because we believe Jesus is OUR Messiah and King. We are saved because we believe in Jesus' work of sheading His blood on a cross to pay for our sins of the flesh. We are saved today because of our faith (trust, belief, confidence) in God's grace shown to us by Jesus' work on the cross.

Sheep? The children of God under grace are joint heirs with Christ. Since the scriptures tell us we are, then we are certainly not sheep.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ladodgers6 said:
Stan there is no box created, when I hit the quote button.
Well there should be, as this shows, but maybe you have your browser configured weirdly? Are you hitting the word 'Quote' at the bottom right of the actual post you are responding to? Are you using the 'default' settings for your profile? Ask Hammer to help you, as he can see what your settings are, I can't.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Romans 8:28-30 shows we are called AFTER we are saved, so I can't agree with this POV here. You do seem to understand Luke 8:11-15.

I don't agree with your premise here so I obviously can't answer your question. Born again, IS salvation. Salvation comes by responding to God's drawing us to Jesus and accepting the truth of who He is and was intended to be. A believer is ONLY indwelled by the Holy Spirit WHEN He receives the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This can happen simultaneously to salvation, but always subsequent to it as a separate experience. Acts 19:1-7. The Holy Spirit, who Jesus instructed the Apostles to wait for, is who we also wait for after conversion, and He indwells us with the power and fire spoken of by John the Baptist in Matt 3:11. No one was chosen before the foundations of the world, God's plan existed before the foundations of the world. I know there are a few verses here that are distorted to arrive at this erroneous conclusion so feel free to cite them so we can deal with them.

Heb 6:4-6 and 10:38-39 shows that people CAN and DO walk away. It's not about losing ones salvation, but about choosing to not continue in the commitment once made to do so.

God does what He does out of foreknowledge, NOT foreordination. Those who want God to justify what He does, are often reminded He needs no justification, but that doesn't mean He does things without reason or purpose. ALL men reap what they sow.
Please explain how Romans shows we are saved before we are called.

Let's start here with this response...

There are other points we will probably be addressing...

ladodgers6

Sep 25, 2015
Yes I am clicking on the icon at the bottom right that reads Quote. Its only open the box to which I can write something, and there is nothing else in this box, its blank.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ladodgers6 said:
Yes I am clicking on the icon at the bottom right that reads Quote. Its only open the box to which I can write something, and there is nothing else in this box, its blank.

Just scroll up to the post and copy the text then paste it into the quote box you made. Its not supposed to work that way but for now you can do it that way.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Everyone,

It's actually the opposite, NON-OSAS stems from Calvinism. Calvinists are not born again.

In regards to the elect, these are those who have found salvation by grace through faith.

The devil is really twisting your words. - ATP

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When Jesus spoke the words above He was speaking to His people, the Jews (see verse 6 below)
Joh_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Guess who the other fold are. It still stands today.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
It's actually the opposite, NON-OSAS stems from Calvinism. Calvinists are not born again.

In regards to the elect, these are those who have found salvation by grace through faith.

The devil is really twisting your words. - ATP
If you are born again, you will not endorse doctrine says that all you need is one time confession to be saved.

It is doctrine of demon, friend.

You need to give respect What He deserves. His word is so powerful that by obeying His teachings you will inherit eternal life, brother.

blessings.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Joh_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Guess who the other fold are. It still stands today.
No it doesn't. You are still saying the other sheep are the grace churches started by Paul. You can not show any scriptures that support that opinion.

I am at a loss as to why religious people WANT to include what Jesus, who was under the Law of Moses, teaching those who were under the Law of Moses, into the grace gospel that was given to Paul by the ascended Jesus for the world after the Jews were set aside. They just ignore all the references that the grace gospel was hidden in God until it was revealed to Paul by Jesus through revelations.

Deut 29:29
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
NKJV

What I see in the scriptures is that those Jews, who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King, constantly tried to get those under grace back under the Law of Moses. I also see the religious churches are doing the same thing today. According to Paul if a person tries to be saved by going under Law then that person can not be saved under grace. I have said it before, The only way Satan can win a person is to pervert the gospel of grace with works and those that do it are in danger of the wrath of God. Why? Because salvation is the accomplished work of God on the cross and a person had better acknowledge it..