The Elect?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not playing your game.

Once achieving accountability, everyone is lost sinner.

Unlike you I believe everyone has free will to repent.

The majority do not repent.

There is also a large group as shown by those standing before the white throne judgment that think they are saved but are not. They tried to on salvation or stake it on a false gospel.

Salvation is not or owed. It is offered out of love but forced on no one and withheld from no one.

As for me to be very careful here your theology since it doesn't matter. All were either chosen for heaven or hell. One can never gain or lose either once God decided.
Once achieving accountability? Bruh you can’t be serious. We were all born accountable before God.

Your theology is getting wackier and wackier.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

We've all been fair with you, and have given you biblically based answers. You've yet to accomplish the same. I'm certain we all care about you or we would not spend this much time and effort in Scripture to help you see our position is biblical, and proven so.

But the fact remains you are not looking at what we are saying, have not refuted it, and don't make a biblical case. We've attempted to get you to show us where in Romans 8 you came up with what is not in there, and you've made no attempt to prove it. It's because it's not there.

Many times we've tried to get you to answer biblically, and prove your position. Unfortunately you are unwilling and frankly unable to do so. So you resort to what you think and believe.
sleepy2.gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Soooo...we’re wolves and blind leading the blind?

Bruh, you ain’t even worth my time. Toodles, noodles.
Oh I guess we're prolly all wolves, and
Let the blind lead
the blind

is not from me after all huh.
but fwiw I did not mean that for you, at least right then
um, you weren't anywhere near the top of that post anyway?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But is it a sin to be 'in Adam'? Is this in and of itself a sin? You can repeat that over and over, but is it a sin to be 'in Adam' and not 'in Christ'?
All sins have been paid, so if it IS a sin then it was paid for, and if it is NOT a sin then there is no penalty. Either way, the ends to your theological stance is all men are in heaven. God only punishes sin. And you claim He paid for all sins of all men.

And you can keep asking over and over. That doesn't change the answer. It is not a sin to be in Adam, but because you are in Adam you are a sinner.

All sin was paid for 'in Christ'. If one is not 'in Christ' his sins are his to pay.

The ends of my argument is that all sin is paid for in Christ. Those in Adam, are in their sins, even though their sins have been paid for. By faith one is placed 'in Christ'. You are either in Christ or in Adam. If you are in Adam and die in Adam, then you go to hell. Pretty simple really.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn’t asking who are or can be the elect. Understand what you mean as seen in Saul. We don’t know but the attributes of the Father are seen yeah? Acts 7:57-60 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord(in agreement against-anti), [58] And cast him out of the city, and stoned him : and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. [59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God , and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. [60] And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Romans 5:14-15
[14] Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. [15] But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

From one death passed onto all ...
from one life passed and swallowed up death in victory.

Luke 9:54-56
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

“You know not what manner of spirit you are of?” Which spirit is the elect of? Flesh or Spirit? You said that Him chosen of God and what He (the Son) displayed of the Father has noting to do with the elect or chosen but it has everything to do with it. Elected and in Christ. Or non-elected and remain in Adam. Those elected as Paul was are to pull (snatch) those from out of Adam hating even the garment spotted by flesh.

Do you mind rephrasing your last paragraph. It makes no sense to me.

Stranger

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, you have no answers.

Not once have you answered biblically.

Do tell us where your beliefs are found in Romans 8 that you mention here:

Romans 8 says God foreknew who would love him and he predestined them all the way to glorification.

Show us that in the text.

Have you ever wondered why you can't find what you believe in the texts you quote, and why we can show you what we believe in the texts we use?

You remind me of a guy who used to believe certain things were in texts he used, then he slowed down, the scales fell off his eyes, and he saw it really was not there.

God answered Paul's prayer for him in Ephesians 1:15-23. Hopefully this will also be answered in you.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All in Christ have had their sin debt paid.

All who will remain in Adam are there because their debt has not been paid, not because it has been and they didn't do something to save themselves. No one goes to hell double jeopardy.

Their sins have been paid in Christ, not in Adam. If they refuse to be in Christ, then they are left with their sins to pay for them. They must be 'in Christ'.

Christ, in paying the price for Sin, paid for Sin, period. He didn't just pay for individuals certain sins. But, in paying for the disease of sin, everyone's sins are paid for. Your sins are the product of you having the disease of Sin.

So, Sin has been paid for. But only in Christ. So if you want your sins paid for you must be in Christ. Else you pay them yourself.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mind rephrasing your last paragraph. It makes no sense to me.

Stranger

Luke 9:54-55
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

When He rebuked them and said they didn’t know what manner of the spirit they were of? What did He mean?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 9:54-55
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

When He rebuked them and said they didn’t know what manner of the spirit they were of? What did He mean?

It means they were motivated not by the Spirit of God but of satan. Doesn't mean they were not elect. Even believers can be motivated by a satanic spirit, yet they are still believers. This is why I believe the gift of discernment of spirits is important in the Church. Those who have that gift can discern the spirit behind the action, though the action may be seen as outwardly good or beneficial.

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, you have no answers.

Not once have you answered biblically.

Do tell us where your beliefs are found in Romans 8 that you mention here:

Show us that in the text.

Have you ever wondered why you can't find what you believe in the texts you quote, and why we can show you what we believe in the texts we use?

You remind me of a guy who used to believe certain things were in texts he used, then he slowed down, the scales fell off his eyes, and he saw it really was not there.

God answered Paul's prayer for him in Ephesians 1:15-23. Hopefully this will also be answered in you.

The Bible is very clear unless one tries to read it with their eyes closed. You try to read it in a dark room with your eyes closed.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is very clear unless one tries to read it with their eyes closed...
Exactly, which is why I want you to find what you believe is in Romans 8, but isn't there. Try actually reading it with your eyes open. You'll find what you said is there, isn't. I know you're scared, but man up and look. Then, show us all that what you've claimed is there.

Or, just have another callow comeback.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is very clear unless one tries to read it with their eyes closed. You try to read it in a dark room with your eyes closed.
This is what happens when one cannot find what he said was in Scripture. Just, you know, respond back with an insult instead.

The thing is that @CoreIssue cannot prove what he says, and won't even honor God and his word by agreeing he misspoke.

Sad...