The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oxford dictionary? Is that all you saw? The Word of God backs up that second definition.
no it does not you made that up just like you made up your own unbiblical definition of charis.

Why don't you provide a link for the oxford dictionary on grace for the readers to see ?

You cut and pasted it without a link. Lets verify what you claimed.

in fact you twisted the oxford dictionary definition of grace (charis)for your own benefit.

let not many of you become teachers for you will incur a stricter judgment. if you cannot get simple bible words correct how many other things are in error ?

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:1
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

Amen. A very comforting verse.

"As for me, I hate to sin, for it grieves HIs Spirit which lives in me."

He sure does cause us to hate sin as He does, and continues to if we pray for a hatred of it. I think you said somewhere that He continues to show us sin in our lives that we hadn't even thought was sin! Amen.

People who believe the moment they go saved do nto even realize how foolish it sounds.

That means their knowledge was perfected so their thoughts would never stray. They recieved instant full knowledge of the Scriptures so they would be approved from day one and would have the full knowledge of SCripture to resist all teh wiles of the devil.

I really feel bad for them. they miss the tenderness of God, teh patience of God, the encouragement of God and His mercy which is fresh and new every morning!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who believe the moment they go saved do nto even realize how foolish it sounds.

That means their knowledge was perfected so their thoughts would never stray. They recieved instant full knowledge of the Scriptures so they would be approved from day one and would have the full knowledge of SCripture to resist all teh wiles of the devil.

I really feel bad for them. they miss the tenderness of God, teh patience of God, the encouragement of God and His mercy which is fresh and new every morning!

...and His "freedom" :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meaning what?

I wrote:

Furthermore, to say that we are being made holy may actually be accurate if you are referring to the fact that we are continually being cleansed from all sin (1 John 1:7)....that the moment dirt comes in from the outside, the blood of Jesus washes it. In this sense we are continually "being made holy" while at the same time we have been perfected in the practical sense...in that we have been sanctified wholly and continue to be sanctified wholly by the continued washing of the blood of Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying it does but just pointing out her constant personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with her.
Do I exhibit similar personal attacks?

Because I believe that @Ronald Nolette was condescending not only to @CharismaticLady but to me.

So it is a pattern with him.

She has never spoken to me condescendingly so I am unaware in my own experiential knowledge of what you are talking about.

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oxford dictionary? Is that all you saw? The Word of God backs up that second definition.

We would really love to see your response to my last post where Paul clearly declares he has not achieved “ Perfection” yet—— yet YOU have.....please explain that , if you can.Anybody with a brain can see that you are in error.....

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes I get so tired of the ignorance on these forums, it gives me a headache.
The problem is that you hold to some seriously flawed beliefs, and it does not matter how much others expose them, you continue to hang on to them. So it is not ignorance on the part of others, but stubbornness on your part. Which automatically cancels your sinlessness.

The Bible is crystal clear that while God imputes righteousness to the sinner through justification by grace through faith, that does not automatically make the sinner a sinless saint. And this is where the process of sanctification comes in. But you refuse to believe this by misinterpreting some verses.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We would really love to see your response to my last post where Paul clearly declares he has not achieved “ Perfection” yet—— yet YOU have.....please explain that , if you can.Anybody with a brain can see that you are in error.....

Phl 3:12, Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phl 3:13, Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Phl 3:14, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phl 3:15, Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are talking about a post about "chief of sinner" I already addressed that. If you are talking about something else then you'll have to refresh my memory as you didn't give me a post number.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
rooms shalt thou make in the ark,
and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.'

(Gen 6:14)

Hello CharismaticLady,

I came here out of curiosity to know what you had written in this thread today, as indicated on the home page. However, when here, my mind went to the description of the ark (above), which was to be covered in pitch both within and without. Some teaching I had received regarding this, many years ago is struggling to find light of day. However I know it had to do with 'covering'. Yes! (lightbulb moment) the word translated 'pitch' is the Hebrew word, 'kophar' meaning 'to cover', which is the only word for 'atonement' in the Old Testament. The teaching being that it is only the atonement which can keep the waters of judgment from us. This is a type of the work of Christ on our behalf. We are placed in Christ by God Himself (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) when we are born from above, and it is His atonement that covers us. Our Ark. Our Salvation.

* I am so grateful for this memory. Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that you hold to some seriously flawed beliefs, and it does not matter how much others expose them, you continue to hang on to them. So it is not ignorance on the part of others, but stubbornness on your part. Which automatically cancels your sinlessness.

The Bible is crystal clear that while God imputes righteousness to the sinner through justification by grace through faith, that does not automatically make the sinner a sinless saint. And this is where the process of sanctification comes in. But you refuse to believe this by misinterpreting some verses.

I was always taught that the process we go through was called sanctification and was for the purpose of overcoming sin. But I searched the scriptures to see if that was true. It wasn't.

Let's look at Matthew 7:21-23 and reason it out with other scriptures.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1. They believe in Jesus calling Him Lord.
  • 1 John 3:3 3 "And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

2. They have even received the Spirit, been born again, and been given gifts of the Spirit.
  • Philippians 3:16 "Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind."
  • 2 Peter 1:2-4 2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (been sanctified).
  • 2 Peter 1:5-7 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

3. But they didn't guard themselves. They were dead to sin, yet willfully kept sinning when sin had lost its power over them. They were already sanctified, yet CHOSE to willfully sin outside their new nature, quenching the Spirit. Hebrews 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
  • Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? That is not because they had not been sanctified; it is because they quenched the Spirit.
  • 1 John 5:18 "We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him." James 4:7 "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
  • 2 Peter 2:20-23 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world (been sanctified) through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
rooms shalt thou make in the ark,
and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.'

(Gen 6:14)

Hello CharismaticLady,

I came here out of curiosity to know what you had written in this thread today, as indicated on the home page. However, when here, my mind went to the description of the ark (above), which was to be covered in pitch both within and without. Some teaching I had received regarding this, many years ago is struggling to find light of day. However I know it had to do with 'covering'. Yes! (lightbulb moment) the word translated 'pitch' is the Hebrew word, 'kophar' meaning 'to cover', which is the only word for 'atonement' in the Old Testament. The teaching being that it is only the atonement which can keep the waters of judgment from us. This is a type of the work of Christ on our behalf. We are placed in Christ by God Himself (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) when we are born from above, and it is His atonement that covers us. Our Ark. Our Salvation.

* I am so grateful for this memory. Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi there Miss C,

This post is actually about blood. And what it can and cannot do for us depending on which covenant we are in.

Blood of bulls and goats - COVERED our sins, but could not take them away. In fact, the covering only lasted one year, and those sins it had covered were still there, plus new ones.

Blood of Jesus - TAKES AWAY our sins. And not only our past sins, but takes away the carnal NATURE that produced the sin. Romans 7:13. He replaces our old carnal nature with His own Spirit that has no desire to sin. Thus, this power has given us freedom to choose righteousness naturally. Though we still have freedom to chose.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I exhibit similar personal attacks?

Because I believe that @Ronald Nolette was condescending not only to @CharismaticLady but to me.

So it is a pattern with him.

She has never spoken to me condescendingly so I am unaware in my own experiential knowledge of what you are talking about.

Though I said I would not respond to you. I am going to here alone because you are holding a false belief! I specifically said that my answers are blunt and direct! It would appear that is offensive to you. but I had no condescending attitude to you or CL no matter what you believe. I know my heart and what emotion is behind my responses!

On this topic on this thread I disagree with you and CL 100% and not ashamed to openly and repeatedly say so! And I have written to that disagreement with no rancor, hatred or condescension to either of you. If you wish to believe different, then you are now guilty of bearing false witness!