The false gospel of grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have faith in the Lord and are known by Him (because you love Him, 1 Corinthians 8:3), then your identity in Christ is that you are righteous in Christ because of your faith...even when you blow it (Romans 4:5).

So then, since your identity in Him is that you are righteous..now go and live like it (see 1 John 3:7).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And that the body of the sins of the flesh = the encapsulation of that which is sinful within our flesh.
I am totally familiar with all these passages, so there was no need for that lenthy post..

Are you telling us that you are a sinlessly perfect Christian, like Episkopos? Just a Yea or a Nay will suffice.

Reactions: tzcho2

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you have faith in the Lord and are known by Him (because you love Him, 1 Corinthians 8:3), then your identity in Christ is that you are righteous in Christ because of your faith...even when you blow it (Romans 4:5).

So then, since your identity in Him is that you are righteous..now go and live like it (see 1 John 3:7).
All these presumptions and false conclusions. Very weak. You are declaring yourself righteous. Better to make your calling and election sure and actually know Him. Let God declare your righteousness...personally.

Lord preserve us from presumptuous sins.

Reactions: faithfulness

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All have sinned. But not all continue to sin.
You still did not answer the question. Are you at present a sinlessly perfect Christian? And do you reject what the apostle John said by divine inspiration?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone with a religious opinion about Jesus is guaranteed of eternal forgiveness for a life of never-ending sin. That's really something to go after...a real narrow way....not.

What does that mean, have a religious opinion of Jesus? It sounds like another straw man.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am totally familiar with all these passages, so there was no need for that lenthy post..

Are you telling us that you are a sinlessly perfect Christian, like Episkopos? Just a Yea or a Nay will suffice.

I have already answered the way that I have answered.

Answer...God only knows.

1Co 4:4, For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

If I answer yea then I am in violation of 1 John 1:8; but if I answer Nay it could be a lie.

So I will answer further with the words of Job:

Job 9:20, If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job 9:21, Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
Job 9:22, This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still did not answer the question. Are you at present a sinlessly perfect Christian? And do you reject what the apostle John said by divine inspiration?

Hard to imagine anyone who holds this view coming straight out and saying it. I say, be bold, say what you really think!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these presumptions and false conclusions. Very weak. You are declaring yourself righteous. Better to make your calling and election sure and actually know Him. Let God declare your righteousness...personally.

Lord preserve us from presumptuous sins.
The Lord says clearly that He justifies those who believe in Him, though they be ungodly.

I am not justifying myself, but am stating a belief that I am justified based in holy scripture.

I would say that it is impossible for the Lord to lie; and that therefore when He declares a man righteous, He does not leave them in an ungodly state. He calls those things which be not as though they were, thus creating a new reality. Thus in declaring the ungodly man righteous He makes him righteous. This is even if the old man continues to have some sway in that person's life. The essence of the person becomes righteous, although he may not immediately be rid of some stinkin' thinkin' that would make him still prone to sinning. This is why it says, Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:1-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

To the Inquisitor... I am speaking of things that you don't understand. Your favourite verse does not say what you think it does. naturally you are looking to prop up the flesh by twisting the meaning of the verse in question. Is that wise? And you ignore the ones I give you...because you can't answer them. So you remain in your pride and accuse.

I have answered what the power of Christ can do.

ALL have sinned. But we have a salvation from sin in Christ that you deny through unbelief. So you cannot enter into THAT rest. The rest of God...who can do ALL things. Your belief is in the weakness of men not the power of God.

So you decide if I am exaggerating the power of God or you are exaggerating your understanding of God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord says clearly that He justifies those who believe in Him, though they be ungodly.

I am not justifying myself, but am stating a belief that I am justified based in holy scripture.

I know...that you are justified for being ungodly. But even that is God's decision. No matter how much you choose to be ungodly...that is no grounds to justify yourself. Otherwise you would be just both ungodly AND self-righteous. Adding sin to sin.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For all who think that being ungodly brings automatic justification. Does it say that God justifies ALL the ungodly.

Does anyone here see how preposterous it is to try justifying yourself before God???

It amazes me.

Should we sin more to get more grace? Are we who follow Christ not dead to sin?

Has anyone thought about actually following Christ instead?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how much you choose to be ungodly...that is no grounds to justify yourself.
More straw men! Who is choosing to be ungodly? Who claims to be self-jsutified. Oh, wait . . . Um you don't have to anwer . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all who think that being ungodly brings automatic justification.
Another straw man . . . who posted that they think being ungodly brings automatic justification? Argue against it all you like. It's a straw man, easier to knock down than the actual arguments.

Logical Fallacy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone here see how preposterous it is to try justifying yourself before God???

This too is a straw man, in what post does anyone say they justify themself? Please quote . . .

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know...that you are justified for being ungodly.

No, it is not that I am justified for being ungodly...it is that I am justified for my faith in Christ in spite of any remaining ungodliness in my life.

And I am also being sanctified more and more on a daily basis. As it is written,

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.