The First Recorded LIE- taught by most of Churchainity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Adam and Eve...

• Alive in Heaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Dead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey theQuestion -- You can present your point with a tad less confrontation so as you don't appear too proud and/or argumentative. That said, I 110% agree with you. If others don't listen, why fret? That won't affect you. That's God's work to convert a person. You can only bring the message.

One plants, another waters, but it is God who gives the increase.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey theQuestion -- You can present your point with a tad less confrontation so as you don't appear too proud and/or argumentative. That said, I 110% agree with you. If others don't listen, why fret? That won't affect you. That's God's work to convert a person. You can only bring the message.

CHURCHianity (2).jpg

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by "spirit"?
Jesus either DIED or he REMAINED ALIVE!
Which do YOU believe?

People have spirits, souls. You said, "Jesus was FAR more than just a body of flesh...." Did the spirit die when Jesus died?

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have 'immortal souls'- what do you mean by "spirit"?
Both terms for the same thing?

You said, "Jesus was FAR more than just a body of flesh...."

Do you believe His immortal soul died?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "Jesus was FAR more than just a body of flesh...."

Do you believe His immortal soul died?

I no longer believe in an 'immortal soul'.
Why do YOU?
The Bible says many times JESUS died. Not just his body.
Jesus said he was giving up his LIFE. Not just the body.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What IS the "spirit (breath, wind)" that we all have- according to the BIBLE?

GABRIEL told MARY that God's Spirit is "the Power of the Most High God".

"Spirit" is from the Hebrew and Greek words capturing the essence of an unseen force: "Wind, Breath"!

Isa 42:5- Thus saith God Jehovah, he that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; he that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.-ASV

It is God's Breath ("spirit") that keeps us all alive.
No 'immortal soul'.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, when alive, we think and have feelings.
This is referred to as OUR spirit, as Jesus referred to saying we must worship with SPIRIT.
No 'immortal soul'.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well then, I guess our back and forth is over.

Have a nice day.

I should take a leaf out of your book Job...instead of trying to help people to see how they can be a part of this site..rather than arrive here and then expect us all to swoon and be wowed by hearing something that 'he thinks' that we have never heard before .
Some don't come here to "join" this site, but just come to here to have a platform for their own pet beliefs.

Reactions: Job and FHII

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't the first lie.

Genesis 3:3 KJV
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eve added on to what God said.
@FHII, come to the head of the class. you're correct and on point.

Reactions: Helen and FHII

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, when alive, we think and have feelings.
This is referred to as OUR spirit, as Jesus referred to saying we must worship with SPIRIT.
No 'immortal soul'.

John 4
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Worship with spirit and worship in spirit are not the same thing.

And yes, it does make a difference.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@FHII, come to the head of the class. you're correct and on point.

I always enjoy reading your posts, and 101G's posts , and also ScottA'sposts ...there is always something to cause me to 'pause and think.' Plus I enjoy seeing how you guys can disagree agreeable between yourselves, it's a blessing. ✟

Reactions: FHII

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always enjoy reading your posts, and 101G's posts , and also ScottA'sposts ...there is always something to cause me to 'pause and think.' Plus I enjoy seeing how you guys can disagree agreeable between yourselves, it's a blessing. ✟
same here with your post. this is why, and how christian can get alone even if they disagree. BG, I'm of this persuasion , we all can learn something form each other. I know I don't know it all, but other God have revealed to you, what to me he have not. but this is why we are not to forsake the assembly of the saints. we need each other. we know more together than apart. so keep on speaking.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: FHII and Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And yes, it does make a difference.

So, you believe your worship inside a ghost?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4

And yes, it does make a difference..

Our spirit is our mind- our attitude and also includes our faith and zeal.
Not an 'immortal soul'.
But I guess worshiping in an 'immortal soul' makes PERFECT 'sense' to those not knowing God and Christ.....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@FHII I messed up the other post...101G mention you in his post...and I wrote my post saying-

I always enjoy reading your posts, and 101G's posts , and also ScottA's posts ...there is always something to cause me to 'pause and think.' Plus I enjoy seeing how you guys can disagree agreeable between yourselves, it's a blessing. ✟

It should have read- "I always enjoy reading your posts (=101G) and FHII's post, and also ScottA's posts. etc ..."
I referred to 101G twice by accident , but one of the mentions was actually for you, but I wrote it wrong. Sorry. :)
Please put your name there...much appreciated.

Reactions: FHII