The Gift of Knowledge is Just That, A Gift!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
If God has not given you knowledge, you can not understand scripture. One can always pray for knowledge, but most don't. Seek first Charity!

1Co_12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Co_14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?

2Co_2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

2Co_4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rocky Wiley
A whole pile of knowledge right here on this forum! But... how much is strictly of men rather than of and from God even though some also quote the scriptures? Is anyone presenting a mixture?

What is missing? Could it be they are eating his flesh, but not drinking his blood? Can the knowledge of God come from the dead?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

How does one get such a gift as knowledge from God?

"But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I unto you a more excellent way." I Cor 12:31

What are these best gifts?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13