The Godhead/Trinity Has Already Been Scientifically Proven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on, you know better than that. At Revelations 1:1 it Shows us that this revelation is by Jesus Christ but Jehovah God is the person that gave this revelation to Jesus.
So think about that, reason on that scripture. Isn't it true, that everyone should do everything to the glory and praise of Jehovah God, who is the Father and God of Jesus, which is something Jesus constantly did. So although this revelation is by Jesus Christ, it's actually sent by Jehovah God through his Son Jesus who in turn told it to John through Jesus Angel. So yes it's understandable that at Revelation 22:6 would say Jehovah God sent this Angel, but since Jehovah God is doing everything through his Only Begotten Son Jesus it's also true that Jesus sent this Angel which Revelation 22:16 shows us.
You can't forget about the scripture Revelation 1:1 just because your care so much more about a lie, meaning your false doctrines, the Trinity being one of them. You can't ignore the fact that everyone and everything is done to the praise and glory to Jehovah God who is the Father and God of Jesus. Jehovah God arrangement, that we must put faith in, is that Jehovah God has made all things and everyone subject to his Only Begotten Son Jesus. So everyone must bow to the authority that Jehovah God has given his Only Begotten Son Jesus. The only person not subject to Jesus is his Father and God whose name is Jehovah. Also this Messianic kingdom that Jehovah God has made his Son king of is the kingdom that Jesus will use to undo everything that Satan has done. Jehovah God through his Only Begotten Son Jesus has also choose other humans which will be Jesus brothers but Jehovah God's Sons to be kings, judges, and priests with Jesus in that heavenly kingdom which is the Messianic kingdom. This Messianic heavenly kingdom will over earth for eternity.
First thanks for the reply. second, your first ERROR, JESUS is God. in Revelation 1:1 do you actually think it's two persons standing next to each other, and one give the other something? I hope you're not that far in the flesh. God is a Spirit.
now your second ERROR, you said, "Revelation 22:6 would say Jehovah God sent this Angel, but since Jehovah God is doing everything through his Only Begotten Son Jesus it's also true that Jesus sent this Angel which Revelation 22:16 shows us". ERROR, Jesus said plainly that ... listen, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." this is not through anyonje...., so your bible is in ERROR. I means just that JESUS sent ... "HIS" angel. so again you're in ERROR.

understand what you suggest, is false, that's not in the bible, he went "through" Jehovah.

well I'll give you anothe rchance to redeem your self. in John 1:3 the Word/Jesus. the Son made all thing". your NWT states that the word made All things came into existence through him", I guess meaning the Father. but in Isaiah 44:24 it says, Jehovah, who made everything. well that another lie, because in John 1:3 is said the Word made all thing ... "THROUGH" .. him, meaning your Jehovah. see the lie now?

you want to rebut that?

see Barney, that's just two lies right there and there are many more.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, your first ERROR, JESUS is God. in Revelation 1:1 do you actually think it's two persons standing next to each other, and one give the other something? I hope you're not that far in the flesh. God is a Spirit.
now your second ERROR, you said, "Revelation 22:6 would say Jehovah God sent this Angel, but since Jehovah God is doing everything through his Only Begotten Son Jesus it's also true that Jesus sent this Angel which Revelation 22:16 shows us". ERROR, Jesus said plainly that ... listen, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." this is not through anyonje...., so your bible is in ERROR. I means just that JESUS sent ... "HIS" angel. so again you're in ERROR.

understand what you suggest, is false, that's not in the bible, he went "through" Jehovah.

well I'll give you anothe rchance to redeem your self. in John 1:3 the Word/Jesus. the Son made all thing". your NWT states that the word made All things came into existence through him", I guess meaning the Father. but in Isaiah 44:24 it says, Jehovah, who made everything. well that another lie, because in John 1:3 is said the Word made all thing ... "THROUGH" .. him, meaning your Jehovah. see the lie now?

you want to rebut that?

see Barney, that's just two lies right there and there are many more.

PICJAG.

I didn't say or even imply there were two persons standing beside each other, that's on you, but it does show how you will twist what someone says. I simply said that the scriptures say God is the person who gave this revelation to Jesus. This is true, whether you want to believe that or not. (KJV Revelation 1:1-The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him.)
God is the person who gave that revelation to Jesus. If you want to believe the scriptures are lying when that scripture says that, that's on you.

I know God is a spirit, but you know as I do God is a person therefore a spiritual being.
Also Jesus is a spiritual being in heaven, he's not a human in heaven. He's now a powerful spiritual being who has been rewarded with immortality and who inherited incorruption. The point, just as God is a spiritual being so is his Only Begotten Son Jesus. Whether you believe any of this is on you. If you choose to disbelieve it that's your choice. I know what you're saying is false.

When it comes to a person that believes as you do, it seems to me that you don't believe God has a Only Begotten Son that he sent to this world, that died for mankind and God resurrected three days after his Son death and because of this great act of love from Jehovah God and his Only Begotten Son Jesus the door of salvation is open to mankind. Well that's on you. That's your choice.
I really could care less about what you or anyone else think of JW or the NWT Bible. Why should I worry about people who deny Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.(John 20:31)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say or even imply there were two persons standing beside each other, that's on you, but it does show how you will twist what someone says. I simply said that the scriptures say God is the person who gave this revelation to Jesus. This is true, whether you want to believe that or not. (KJV Revelation 1:1-The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him.)
God is the person who gave that revelation to Jesus. If you want to believe the scriptures are lying when that scripture says that, that's on you.

I know God is a spirit, but you know as I do God is a person therefore a spiritual being.
Also Jesus is a spiritual being in heaven, he's not a human in heaven. He's now a powerful spiritual being who has been rewarded with immortality and who inherited incorruption. The point, just as God is a spiritual being so is his Only Begotten Son Jesus. Whether you believe any of this is on you. If you choose to disbelieve it that's your choice. I know what you're saying is false.

When it comes to a person that believes as you do, it seems to me that you don't believe God has a Only Begotten Son that he sent to this world, that died for mankind and God resurrected three days after his Son death and because of this great act of love from Jehovah God and his Only Begotten Son Jesus the door of salvation is open to mankind. Well that's on you. That's your choice.
I really could care less about what you or anyone else think of JW or the NWT Bible. Why should I worry about people who deny Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.(John 20:31)
see, you completly missed the point, JESUS is God in Revelation 1:1 (diversified). we can stop right there and the case is closed.

but no, it's you who what to hold onto your false beliefs. for your own bible exposes that belief as false. understand I'm not aganist you, it's just your doctrine I'm aganist.

now did you read John 1:3 and comparied it with Isaiah 44:24? if you're honest you know that God didn't go through anyone, for he was by himself alone when he made all things.

now if you like, it would be best if you just don't say anything, because as I said I'm not aganist you, just your doctrine. just study what your bible is saying in both verses, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, and just leave it alone. for I'm not here to embarrass anyone, but just expose false doctrine and false beliefs.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, you completly missed the point, JESUS is God in Revelation 1:1 (diversified). we can stop right there and the case is closed.

but no, it's you who what to hold onto your false beliefs. for your own bible exposes that belief as false. understand I'm not aganist you, it's just your doctrine I'm aganist.

now did you read John 1:3 and comparied it with Isaiah 44:24? if you're honest you know that God didn't go through anyone, for he was by himself alone when he made all things.

now if you like, it would be best if you just don't say anything, because as I said I'm not aganist you, just your doctrine. just study what your bible is saying in both verses, John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, and just leave it alone. for I'm not here to embarrass anyone, but just expose false doctrine and false beliefs.

PICJAG.

I didn't miss nothing, I disagree with your doctrine because your doctrine you believe teaches that you're a false Christian who denies God sent his Only Begotten Son to this world to die for the sins of mankind. You believe it was God who became human. You don't believe that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human. The Only Begotten Son of God is the Word that became Flesh. The Apostle John tells us that everything he was inspired to be written down in the scripture, which includes John 1:1 he wrote to teach people that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This is what you disbelieve, that's on you. I care less how you feel about the doctrine you say you're against when I can see for myself your doctrine teaches people not that Jesus is the Son of God as is written down, but you teach them to deny that, and believe he is God. As long as anyone denies Jesus to be the Christ, the Son of God they will remain in their sins. If that's what you want to believe then, that's on you. I'm exposing false doctrine. So if anyone should say nothing and leave it alone, it should be you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't miss nothing, I disagree with your doctrine because your doctrine you believe teaches that you're a false Christian who denies God sent his Only Begotten Son to this world to die for the sins of mankind. You believe it was God who became human. You don't believe that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human. The Only Begotten Son of God is the Word that became Flesh. The Apostle John tells us that everything he was inspired to be written down in the scripture, which includes John 1:1 he wrote to teach people that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This is what you disbelieve, that's on you. I care less how you feel about the doctrine you say you're against when I can see for myself your doctrine teaches people not that Jesus is the Son of God as is written down, but you teach them to deny that, and believe he is God. As long as anyone denies Jesus to be the Christ, the Son of God they will remain in their sins. If that's what you want to believe then, that's on you. I'm exposing false doctrine. So if anyone should say nothing and leave it alone, it should be you.
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second, your first ERROR, in just this post alone, IT is God WHO came into this world and died for our sins, which you have no clue about. God's Son is him, diversified in Flesh as the equal share of himself. his own ARM is him, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." when you seperate Father and Son you have two Gods. so as for a false religion, you are in it. as well as many other.

but don't sweat it, ...... :D

PICJAG.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second, your first ERROR, in just this post alone, IT is God WHO came into this world and died for our sins, which you have no clue about. God's Son is him, diversified in Flesh as the equal share of himself. his own ARM is him, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." when you seperate Father and Son you have two Gods. so as for a false religion, you are in it. as well as many other.

but don't sweat it, ...... :D

PICJAG.

I understand what you believe. I ask you though, where is it written down, you must believe it was God who came to this world of mankind to die for mankind. I can see written down in Scripture that we must believe God sent his Only Begotten Son Jesus to mankind to die for mankind. If we exercise faith in this loving act then salvation is open to mankind. I have never seen it written down in Scripture where God sent himself. Understand something though, I'm going to go by what's written down in the scriptures, not by any imperfect person or persons interpretation of a Scripture or scriptures. The True God Jehovah through his Only Begotten Son Jesus is able to clearly communicate with mankind and especially his people. So what is written down is what I choose to believe. Jehovah God has always used his Only Begotten Son in accomplishing his purposes and fulfilling his prophecies. Jehovah God is saving us through his Only Begotten Son Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
God can't stop being God. Jesus is God of the Bible.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you believe. I ask you though, where is it written down, you must believe it was God who came to this world of mankind to die for mankind. I can see written down in Scripture that we must believe God sent his Only Begotten Son Jesus to mankind to die for mankind. If we exercise faith in this loving act then salvation is open to mankind. I have never seen it written down in Scripture where God sent himself. Understand something though, I'm going to go by what's written down in the scriptures, not by any imperfect person or persons interpretation of a Scripture or scriptures. The True God Jehovah through his Only Begotten Son Jesus is able to clearly communicate with mankind and especially his people. So what is written down is what I choose to believe. Jehovah God has always used his Only Begotten Son in accomplishing his purposes and fulfilling his prophecies. Jehovah God is saving us through his Only Begotten Son Jesus.
first thanks for the reply, second, as you say, if you go by the scripture, then it is written and here it is. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now I see you have no understanding of "Sent" and "Come". did not the Lord Jesus said, "I Come", but was he not sent?.

now examine Isaiah 35:4, for you say Jesus save through Jehovah, well you better really examine that verse very carefully.

look at your NWT carefully and see who came, since your religion say Jesus is a "god"..... :eek: notice who your NWT say came, not "SENT", but came...... I can't wait to hear your response..... Looking to hear from you.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
God can't stop being God. Jesus is God of the Bible.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!
correct, Jesus is God, if one just reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 then one will know without a doubt that Jesus is the God of the OT without flesh and bone. for he who MADE ALL things in John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 is the same person. he didn't go through anyone, for Isaiah 44:24 clearly states he was "ALONE", and "By, by, by, by, himself, and not through anyone else.

one last thing, is he who made "all things" was alone..... that means as God there is no other "Person", or "persons" around.

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"a Child is born"
"a Son"
"Mighty God"

Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, as you say, if you go by the scripture, then it is written and here it is. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

now I see you have no understanding of "Sent" and "Come". did not the Lord Jesus said, "I Come", but was he not sent?.

now examine Isaiah 35:4, for you say Jesus save through Jehovah, well you better really examine that verse very carefully.

look at your NWT carefully and see who came, since your religion say Jesus is a "god"..... :eek: notice who your NWT say came, not "SENT", but came...... I can't wait to hear your response..... Looking to hear from you.

PICJAG.

Like I said, what you and others think of the NWT isn't important to me. You, like all the others who follow Christendom, will always be trying to convince me that it wasn't the Only Begotten Son that came to the world of mankind and died for mankind. That's just not going to happen. I believe what the Apostle Peter said when Jesus asked his Apostles who he was, "You are the Christ the Son of the living God." It's written in Scripture that Jehovah God is working through his Only Begotten son. Jesus is Jehovah God Only Begotten Son

I didn't say Jesus was saving us through Jehovah, I said Jehovah was saving us through Jesus.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, what you and others think of the NWT isn't important to me. You, like all the others who follow Christendom, will always be trying to convince me that it wasn't the Only Begotten Son that came to the world of mankind and died for mankind. That's just not going to happen. I believe what the Apostle Peter said when Jesus asked his Apostles who he was, "You are the Christ the Son of the living God."

I understand the things that Isaiah says. I understand that Jehovah God inspired Isaiah to write down prophecies that come down right to the last days we're living in. I understand that the way The True God Jehovah has done things in the past are patterns of how he's going to do them in the future. The thing we must also understand however
Is that has arrangements
First thanks for the reply, second, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, it's you who is trying to convince yourself to not blieve the truth. and it is evidence by it, that you can't even believe what you read in own bible..... :eek:

so we can take this as, you didn't read ISAIAH 35:4 did you, (smile).......... lol.

Just as the Lord said, "let the dead bury the dead. .... :D

see ya. no need to converse anymore...... (smile).

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, it's you who is trying to convince yourself to not blieve the truth. and it is evidence by it, that you can't even believe what you read in own bible..... :eek:

so we can take this as, you didn't read ISAIAH 35:4 did you, (smile).......... lol.

Just as the Lord said, "let the dead bury the dead. .... :D

see ya. no need to converse anymore...... (smile).

PICJAG.

You are such a fibber. If you weren't trying to convince me, why did you even post me when I replied to a post in the first place many post ago that I was wrong in what I was saying or posting. If you weren't trying to convince me I was wrong you would have ignored my post and moved on,but you didn't. So I tell you what, if you're not trying to convince anybody that they are in error about something on this Christian forum which they're posting why are you posting people, such as myself that they are in error. You obviously are trying to convince them they're in error. Isn't it hypocritical to say your not trying to convince someone they are in error when you post people they are in error.

Also just because I didn't respond to what you said about Isaiah 35:4 doesn't mean I didn't read it. It's not like I didn't know what Isaiah 35: 4 said long before you asked me to read any part of Isaish. Yet still when you asked me to read it I did. I read something when someone asks me to, I just may not necessarily respond to it. The reason I didn't respond to it in your case is because I knew whatever I said about it you wasn't going to agree so I don't see the point.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can save us. Jesus is God!

If you want to believe Jesus is God, then that's what you believe the scriptures say about him. I believe that when the scriptures say Jesus is the Son of God and that God sent his Son to mankind that's what I believe. The scriptures show us with the written word that God is working through his Only Begotten Son today. Jesus Christ the Son of God is the door to God. Jesus Christ the Son of God is our high priest.

Today deciding to be marked for eternal life in that new world, it is now urgent upon us to devote ourselves to Jehovah God and belong to him. How? By dedicating ourselves to him through his Son and High Priest, Jesus Christ. There is now no other way to approach God and be introduced into his service.

Jesus quoted psalms Hebrews 10:5-7 in which King David was praying to Jehovah God and Jesus applied that prayer to himself showing that Jesus was the greater David and that Jehovah was the Father and God of Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:16-17
16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."
17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God,

Amen Jesus! You are my God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you weren't trying to convince me, why did you even post me when I replied to a post in the first place many post ago that I was wrong in what I was saying or posting.
as said, not trying to convince you, but God give "WARNING" of danger before it happen. .... :D you been warned.

PICJAG.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:16-17
16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."
17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God,

Amen Jesus! You are my God.

Isaiah 48:16

Is. 48:16 - Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD [Jehovah], and his spirit, hath sent me. - KJV.

Commenting on this scripture some trinitarians will say: “The speaker of Is. 48:16 is Jehovah as identified by context in the first part of the verse and as shown by his identification in verse 17 where he continues to speak. But notice that Jehovah, who is speaking, says: ‘The Lord GOD [Jehovah] ... hath sent me.’ Therefore there must be at least two persons who are Jehovah!”

The answer to such “proof” is obvious: “speaker confusion.” Isaiah, like most other Bible writers, often interspersed the conversation of one person with statements by others and often doesn’t identify the new speakers. Very often they appear to be comments by Isaiah himself.

That this is very likely the case here is shown, not only by context, but by these modern trinitarian Bible translations: The RSV and the NIV Bibles show by quotation marks and indenting that Isaiah himself said all the words (or the final comment) in Is. 48:16.

Quotation marks in NLT, ESV, WEB; TEV, Holman Christian Standard Bible, New Century Version, and THE MESSAGE also show the last part of Is. 48:16 to be a new speaker.

The NAB also indicates a new speaker there, and, in the St. Joseph edition of the NAB, a footnote for Is. 48:16 tells us that the final statement was made by Cyrus! And the very trinitarian Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version, World Bible Translation Center, 1992, comes right out and says at Is. 48:16,

“ ‘Come here and listen to me! ... from the beginning, I spoke clearly, so that people could know what I said.’ Then Isaiah said, ‘Now the Lord [Jehovah] my master sends me and his Spirit to tell you these things.’ ”

The New English Bible (NEB), The Revised English Bible (REB), and the Bible translation by Dr. James Moffatt (Mo) consider the last statement of Is. 48:16 to be spurious and leave it out of their translations entirely.

Certainly these trinitarian translations would have rendered this scripture (and punctuated it accordingly) to show a two-Jehovah meaning (or given such an alternate rendering in the footnotes) if their trinitarian translators had thought there was even the slightest justification for such an interpretation! (Also analyze Jer. 51:19 - Jacob is the former of all things - Jehovah of hosts is his name, according to this trinitarian-type "speaker confusion" reasoning!)

Some notes by trinitarians on this scripture:

"The prophet himself, as a type of the great prophet, asserts his own commission to deliver this message: Now the Lord God (the same that spoke from the beginning and did not speak in secret) has by his Spirit sent me, v. 16." - Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible, Isaiah Chapter 48 verse 16.

"And, like almost every other prophecy of Christ in the Old Testament, it is subject to all kinds of interpretations. Calvin and many other scholars have seen it as a prophecy of the sending of Isaiah. Barnes agreed with this, stating that, 'The scope of the passage demands, it seems to me, that it should be referred to the prophet Isaiah.'

….

"Jamieson, noting that Isaiah, not Christ, is the author of the passage, stated that, 'Isaiah here speaks not in his own person so much as in that of the Messiah, to whom alone, in the fullest sense, the words apply.'" - Coffman Commentaries on the Old and New Testament, Is. 48:16.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:16

Is. 48:16 - Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD [Jehovah], and his spirit, hath sent me. - KJV.

Commenting on this scripture some trinitarians will say: “The speaker of Is. 48:16 is Jehovah as identified by context in the first part of the verse and as shown by his identification in verse 17 where he continues to speak. But notice that Jehovah, who is speaking, says: ‘The Lord GOD [Jehovah] ... hath sent me.’ Therefore there must be at least two persons who are Jehovah!”

The answer to such “proof” is obvious: “speaker confusion.” Isaiah, like most other Bible writers, often interspersed the conversation of one person with statements by others and often doesn’t identify the new speakers. Very often they appear to be comments by Isaiah himself.

That this is very likely the case here is shown, not only by context, but by these modern trinitarian Bible translations: The RSV and the NIV Bibles show by quotation marks and indenting that Isaiah himself said all the words (or the final comment) in Is. 48:16.

Quotation marks in NLT, ESV, WEB; TEV, Holman Christian Standard Bible, New Century Version, and THE MESSAGE also show the last part of Is. 48:16 to be a new speaker.

The NAB also indicates a new speaker there, and, in the St. Joseph edition of the NAB, a footnote for Is. 48:16 tells us that the final statement was made by Cyrus! And the very trinitarian Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version, World Bible Translation Center, 1992, comes right out and says at Is. 48:16,

“ ‘Come here and listen to me! ... from the beginning, I spoke clearly, so that people could know what I said.’ Then Isaiah said, ‘Now the Lord [Jehovah] my master sends me and his Spirit to tell you these things.’ ”

The New English Bible (NEB), The Revised English Bible (REB), and the Bible translation by Dr. James Moffatt (Mo) consider the last statement of Is. 48:16 to be spurious and leave it out of their translations entirely.

Certainly these trinitarian translations would have rendered this scripture (and punctuated it accordingly) to show a two-Jehovah meaning (or given such an alternate rendering in the footnotes) if their trinitarian translators had thought there was even the slightest justification for such an interpretation! (Also analyze Jer. 51:19 - Jacob is the former of all things - Jehovah of hosts is his name, according to this trinitarian-type "speaker confusion" reasoning!)

Some notes by trinitarians on this scripture:

"The prophet himself, as a type of the great prophet, asserts his own commission to deliver this message: Now the Lord God (the same that spoke from the beginning and did not speak in secret) has by his Spirit sent me, v. 16." - Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible, Isaiah Chapter 48 verse 16.

"And, like almost every other prophecy of Christ in the Old Testament, it is subject to all kinds of interpretations. Calvin and many other scholars have seen it as a prophecy of the sending of Isaiah. Barnes agreed with this, stating that, 'The scope of the passage demands, it seems to me, that it should be referred to the prophet Isaiah.'

….

"Jamieson, noting that Isaiah, not Christ, is the author of the passage, stated that, 'Isaiah here speaks not in his own person so much as in that of the Messiah, to whom alone, in the fullest sense, the words apply.'" - Coffman Commentaries on the Old and New Testament, Is. 48:16.
I'm a literalist. Jesus is indeed God!

John 1 The Word was God.

And always will be.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a literalist. Jesus is indeed God!

John 1 The Word was God.

And always will be.

Do you mean you believe only what an English translation (KJV?) says? Or do you mean you believe only what the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts literally say?

Here's a literal quote for you from the KJV: ""And Jonathan said unto David, O LORD God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about tomorrow any time, ...."1 Samuel 20:12.

So David is literally the LORD God??