The Godly Heresy of Sinless Perfectionism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Pearl the reality there would prolly disappoint you right now i guess, it's a really weird story i gotta admit, but the key is in the Esau cycle
Yah does not need any shed blood for your sins i dont think, hard as that might be to hear
That’s contrary to everything the Bible teaches

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yep, there's a lot of false teaching being bandied about on this site, and all of them call themselves Christian.
well, i dont call myself that now anyway, and no offense but imo yall arent even trying very hard!

but bam rely on blood as long as it seems right to you
Jacob is a hard place to get to, sure enough

you are going to be crestfallen when you learn the truth tho, imo
meaning maybe back off the judgementalism til then, for your own sake

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yah does not require a Sacrifice! You cannot Quote that one, single time!
And Esau (Edom) was destroyed for refusing to let Israel pass through, ok

Now look, we are in Kadesh, a city on the edge of your territory.
17Please let us pass through your land. We will not cut through any field or vineyard, or drink water from any well. We will stay on the King’s Highway; we will not turn to the right or to the left until we have passed through your territory.”
18But Edom answered, “You may not travel through our land, or we will come out and confront you with the sword.”
19“We will stay on the main road,” the Israelites replied, “and if we or our herds drink your water, we will pay for it. There will be no problem; only let us pass through on foot.”
20But Edom insisted, “You may not pass through.” And they came out to confront the Israelites with a large army and a strong hand.
21So Edom refused to allow Israel to pass through their territory, and Israel turned away from them.

and “Kadesh” means…well, youll see i guess. Best of luck to both yall ok

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, to that i would say that Be perfect, as I am perfect might involve a different standard than we humans imagine, re the “little kid” thing i said there above
God says be ye holy because I am holy. God compares how we are to be holy like He is in conduct. This is only possible if we allow God to change us and for Him to do the good work through us. It's why Paul says that for him to live is Christ and to die is gain. I think folks in the sin and still be saved camp love to change the word “perfect” in the BIble to mean something else because they simply don't like what it says. For them, to be perfect is not even possible because they walk by sight and not by faith in God's Word in what it says.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O' how I would love to have some huge red x' s today.

I'm gonna make me one!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think regarding what John wrote, that there is a difference between "having" sin and "committing" sin. Sin dwells in our members, our physical body including our carnal minds, which will not be done away with until our bodies die. But that doesn't have to mean we necessarily have to "commit" sin. We are called to be perfect/holy as God is perfect/holy. We're also called to put on the "new man" = Christ and His nature/spirit, who is without sin....AKA walk in the spirit. And we're called to overcome....Jesus said he who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death and will sit on His throne with Him. The author of Hebrews wrote that we are to leave the foundational things and go on to perfection....so we want to make God's standard our goal and aim for the prize! Nothing is impossible with God! Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness....

Reactions: marks and Pearl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God says be ye holy because I am holy. God compares how we are to be holy like He is in conduct. This is only possible if we allow God to change us and for Him to do the good work through us. It's why Paul says that for him to live is Christ and to die is gain. I think folks in the sin and still be saved camp love to change the word “perfect” in the BIble to mean something else because they simply don't like what it says. For them, to be perfect is not even possible because they walk by sight and not by faith in God's Word in what it says.
no doubt there are cases just like that, and i would not counsel deliberate “sin” fwiw; but i also dont think that Jesus clowned the pious of His day and elevated the pagan and atheist for nothing. And He was also accused of committing many sins, i think

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 26:28
yes, bc Esau was sure that he needed red stew, or he would die
you might note that Jacob wasnt eating

and i suggest lest we hijack this thread we maybe start another for any further revelation on this matter wadr. Also, i guess i am now not really honoring the we will stay on the king’s highway part up there at Kadesh, but Yah knows that ive always been an offroad kinda guy anyway…anyway im pretty sure we’re done

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no doubt there are cases just like that, and i would not counsel deliberate “sin” fwiw; but i also dont think that Jesus clowned the pious of His day and elevated the pagan and atheist for nothing. And He was also accused of committing many sins, i think
Not sure what you mean by these words. It sounds like you are talking in left field somewhere. Please explain it in such a way that a 6th grader would understand it. How do your words here defend the odd viewpoint that basically says, ”Every time the Bible talks about being perfect it is not really talking about that”?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, bc Esau was sure that he needed red stew, or he would die
you might note that Jacob wasnt eating

and i suggest lest we hijack this thread we maybe start another for any further revelation on this matter wadr. Also, i guess i am now not really honoring the we will stay on the king’s highway part up there at Kadesh, but Yah knows that ive always been an offroad kinda guy anyway…anyway im pretty sure we’re done
Matthew 26:28 is about Christ’s shed blood and has nothing to do with Esau but I think you just revealed who you are on another forum. I think you posted on the wrong forum with the comment about Esau, THINK

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not sure what you mean by these words. It sounds like you are talking in left field somewhere. Please explain it in such a way that a 6th grader would understand it. How do your words here defend the odd viewpoint that basically says, ”Every time the Bible talks about being perfect it is not really talking about that”?
well, little kids “sin” all the time, why do you not castigate them? So it might be the diff in deliberate transgression bc “me” v “we were very hungery, and just bc it’s Sabbath and you have a law against reaching out ones hand…” etc etc. Only little kids generally transgress bc “me” anyway, huh.

So tbh, i dont really know, as it is not something i have heard yet; i still seek there. But i will say that some anabaptists i hung with have this way of disapproving without any outward sign whatsoever…its like they are effusive about so many things that we might go “meh” to, so when it happens, it‘s just palpable. Um, not sure how that relates lol, gimme a sec…ya, thats all i got, for now anyway, sorry. “Perfect” has been defined for you by our culture imo, and i doubt that Yah uses that standard

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 26:28 is about Christ’s shed blood and has nothing to do with Esau but I think you just revealed who you are on another forum. I think you posted on the wrong forum with the comment about Esau, THINK
i dont post on any other forum except Helen’s, where im more or less asleep at the moment. So i guess id need a link