The Gospel Plus Nothing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Pate

Not verbally, however you say Christs death only made salvation available, falling short of saying Christs death saved them He died for. Also you teach that people Jesus Christ died for, died for their sins, shall yet die in their sins in unbelief. So that means Christs death for them, in and of itself did nothing to save them. Also its Blasphemy
Here is how people are saved.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

We hear the Gospel, we believe the Gospel and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Paul also said, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

We hear the Gospel, we believe the Gospel and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Paul also said, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
See you said nothing about Christs death saved anyone. What Gospel did you hear ? That Christ died to make salvation available ? Thats not the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said Christ made salvation available, thats your gospel. Is that what you put faith in ?
Here is my favorite song.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus's blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus's name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide his face, I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale. My anchor holds within the vale.

His oath, his covenant. his blood support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.

When he shall come with trumpet sound, Oh, may I then in him be found.
Dressed in his righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.

Written in 1832 by Edward Mote.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my favorite song.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus's blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus's name.

When darkness seems to hide his face, I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale. My anchor holds within the vale.

His oath, his covenant. his blood support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.

When he shall come with trumpet sound, Oh, may I then in him be found.
Dressed in his righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.

Written in 1832 by Edward Mote.
So where does it say as your gospel, Jesus made salvation available and or possible ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack understanding of spiritual things. Tell us about your salvation experience. When did you accept Christ as your savior?
Im not here to discuss me. What about that gospel you believe in ? That Christ made salvation available ?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not here to discuss me. What about that gospel you believe in ? That Christ made salvation available ?
No one can know or understand the Gospel without the Holy Spirit. If you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. Then you will not know what I am talking about. This is why I asked about your salvation experience.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can know or understand the Gospel without the Holy Spirit. If you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. Then you will not know what I am talking about. This is why I asked about your salvation experience.
Did the Holy Spirit tell you that the Gospel is Jesus made salvation available ?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Holy Spirit tell you that the Gospel is Jesus made salvation available ?
Yes, The scripture agrees, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. Why is it that you don't believe in him?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, The scripture agrees, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. Why is it that you don't believe in him?
Jn 3:16 says nothing about Jesus Christ made salvation available, and that's not the Gospel, if Jesus Christ merely made salvation available, who makes it a saving reality ? Its obvious you dont believe the death of Christ does.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 3:16 says nothing about Jesus Christ made salvation available, and that's not the Gospel, if Jesus Christ merely made salvation available, who makes it a saving reality ? Its obvious you dont believe the death of Christ does.
Hard to swallow that you two are actually bickering over this.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus in our name and on our behalf died for the sins of the whole world. That is what John 3:16 is saying. If all sin has been atoned for then there is no condemnation for those that believe and trust in Jesus, Romans 8:1.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Gospel did you hear? Be detailed please

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.
But where do you see anything there about salvation being made available ? The world in that passage is saved from sin, its reconciled to God, and no sin is charged to it. It says nothing about Christ made salvation available.

So that passage doesnt represent what you believe, it represents more so of what I believe.