The Grace in which I Stand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:1-2 KJV
1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

As my wife and I read this morning, it occurred to me . . .

In that he says, "we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand", the grace wherein we stand is God's ongoing favor towards us, and we need that, as we stand before God,

Romans 6:10-11 KJV
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are forgiven of our sins, we are born again, and now stand before God, as He gives His grace to us, accepting us, fully and completely, pure and righteous, clean and beloved, in Christ.

As I realize that God has removed all my sins, totally, forever, that I am truly reconciled to God completely, without wavering,

As I realize that God IS NOT LIKE ME, as I waver and change and think this way and think that way, God is not like that! No shifting shadows,

I love where He says in Malachi, "I the LORD change not, therefore, you, O Jacob, are not consumed!"

As I realized it's not about me or what I've done, or am doing, or will do, that God has reconciled us to Himself, and He doesn't change,

As I remember these things, I remember that God is here, I am alive before Him, standing before Him in His favor as He receives me His son, alive in His Spirit, I find this to be the faith that overcomes all things. No matter what.

The world, the devil, the flesh, whatever it is, is nothing in the face of this truth.

Much love!