The Great Apostacy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, but I did. The world is trying to put a lid on christianity. All other religions are free to worship as they please, except for those who name Jesus as Lord.

Their hatred of us lends credence to the Word.

o
imo i would be careful who you are identifying with here, i frequently live around Catholics or Muslims, and i am not hated by--virtually--anyone. So you run into a dichotomy here, because i know the vv you might quote, but When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. If you seek enemies, you will find them, ok. If you defend yourself, expect to be attacked. If you are hated, well, you were commanded to leave the world anyway right, and what i'm hearing is that you must still be there.

of course if you currently ID as an Institutional Christian the world is going to hate you lol, you are spraying depleted uranium over all creation, i hate you myself, in a way.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, but I did. The world is trying to put a lid on christianity. All other religions are free to worship as they please, except for those who name Jesus as Lord.

Their hatred of us lends credence to the Word.

o
AMEN!!!!
So very true...that if anything is a sure sign that we are entering into the time of the great tribulation! But...The Son's of God will be born through tribulation.

Reactions: pia and Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I take you off my ignore list and this the first thing I see.

Good for you. It's nice to have goals.

o
hey, When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him is also in there, why din't you see that first? If you seek enemies you will find them, was the point there, not that i hate any people.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D I am coming to the place where I don't believe anything that people tell us is 'history' it seems to have all been rewritten.
The only safe person to believe is the Lord Himself!!
Pulpit preachers, historians, politicians, the Media, the medical realm, the Weather man, ...no one has the truth. :(
Preach it sister!!

I wonder when "history" started being rewritten to such a great extent in effected humanity? In our lifetime, hundreds of years ago or thousands of years ago? As a historian I can assure you it started long BEFORE our life time.

Love, Mary

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A myth commonly held by members of 19th century post-Reformation movements like the Latter Day Saints, JWs, Adventists, Armstronism. The Great Apostacy is the belief that Christ's true church disappeared from Earth shortly after Christ's resurrection and was re-establish with a prophet associated with the start of a specific movement.

Despite the fact that there is no historical evidence for this claim, it still persists today and has crept into Comservative Prostestant doctrine. If you believe the Great Apostacy occurred, please provide evidence.
The Apostosy that wasn't by Rod Bennett tackles this issue. Kind of a dry read for the average person but I garnered some good information out of it.

Mary

Reactions: aspen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Australia gets cold? Who knew?
It sure does, and we must have the WORST building code regulations for a non 3rd world country....Gaps all over throughout houses, where windows and doors are attached and underneath them, cracks in walls, no double glazing and on and on it goes. Having come from Scandinavia, we were shocked to see such shoddy workmanship , and considering the temperature differences here, it's insane......we can have below freezing during winters ( and I'm not talking about the mountains here ), or right on freezing but go up to 46 degrees Celcius in the summers.......
Yet people are charged through the nose for a house, which could sink into the ground ( as I have often seen for new home buyers ), or crack so bad it becomes unlivable , and it's not like America here....people don't just go on to sue these sheisters and get compensation......Very very few do, but get much much less for all their troubles.
It is a total enigma, this country !

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was addressing someone else when I made that comment and was not directed at you in any way, shape or form.

:p

You need to chill.

o

Believe me she is its still cold in WA while we in NSW are at 33 and only just got into spring.

Oh yes beginning of sorrows we are there. so many wont be ready.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling persecuted by the world means your part of club Christian - it really should be the fifth spiritual law....

Reactions: Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Feeling persecuted by the world means your part of club Christian - it really should be the fifth spiritual law....
If only it where so easy remember Saul

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

It was mens religion persecuting our Lords ecclesia, still the same today.

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hey, When a man's ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him is also in there, why din't you see that first? If you seek enemies you will find them, was the point there, not that i hate any people.
Could have sworn I have read somewhere that Jesus said to :" Love your enemies."

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A myth commonly held by members of 19th century post-Reformation movements like the Latter Day Saints, JWs, Adventists, Armstronism. The Great Apostacy is the belief that Christ's true church disappeared from Earth shortly after Christ's resurrection and was re-establish with a prophet associated with the start of a specific movement.

Despite the fact that there is no historical evidence for this claim, it still persists today and has crept into Comservative Prostestant doctrine. If you believe the Great Apostacy occurred, please provide evidence.
A myth you say ? Surely it is easily seen that the leading and teaching of The Holy Spirit, was almost entirely wiped out by and through the Roman Catholic church....They even dis allowed people to be able to read the Bible for themselves, tortured and put to death anyone, who didn't agree to their attempted iron fist grip on believers.
Thankfully our Lord has brought the Truth of His Spirit back into the believers conscience, through various means, and even if men went off the rails by breaking off into yet another religions, the Word of Truth about His Spirit was at least now more well known and is now preached in many denominations.
So not so much a myth, but those who insist on a particular prophet or what not, that is just men's ego's once again....But it cannot now destroy the knowing that The Holy Spirit is on offer as a gift from our Father....A promise to receive from Him, which He promised to mankind a very very long time ago.
So the Truth about this is out, and cannot now be put back in a sealed 'box'.....Praise His Holy Name....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christmas is a commercial enterprise. It has nothing to do with God.

o
Agreed, but God can use anything or any time to reach someone......If a person thinks more about Jesus or reaches out in their hearts to Him, because of all the reminders around at Christmas time........He will take it !.....Not because of the secular holiday, but because the person is drawing nearer to Him, and that is all He needs..... :)

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one draws near to the Lord of their own free will.

John 6
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

o
Now read some of the other stuff which talk of :" if any man will" and look up the word willing...Are you saying God forces certain people into service?

Reactions: Willie T

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Job
Hi again job........yes I should have known, out of all I did write you would pick one thing which you have made up your mind about, what God had and does intend doing.
I have never claimed to have full understanding of the Bible and the ways it has of even contradicting itself at times, so I am certain if I spent a day I could find other 'scriptures' to show where it says something opposite to what you just wrote.
One thing right off the bat...You said that Judas was the devil ? Judas had a choice and he made it, the Lord would have been made aware by The Holy spirit of his weaknesses, and as he needed 'the son of perdition' as he is called by the Apostles later, he was kept around for that purpose.
The others, yes ! They chose to follow Him, but remember how almost all of His followers left Him when He started telling them about eating His body and drinking His blood ? He asked the twelve :" Will you also leave Me ?" Seems to me that their free will was still in tact.
I simply can't answer every single question in regard to all the confusing bits in the Bible..... At my first encounter with Him, I was still almost 6 years away from reading a Bible for the first time, so had no way of asking Him anything to do with the Bible, I only asked Him about things I had heard other people say or bits I may have read at that time, and questions in general as to why God wasn't doing anything about all the horrors going on here on our beautiful planet.
I am no Bible scholar and I wasn't brought up with the foundation of a belief system....All I can do is pass on the few things He has said to me or relay any of the answers He has given me over the past 3 decades, both with and without the Bible.
All I am ever on about is the reality of a real resurrected being called Jesus, who is more than interested in having fellowship with us, and how I see those who say they are Christians, knocking His offer back all the time......I find it almost incomprehensible !!!!!
The Bible points us to Christ, as indeed it always had, but once He was here and subsequently raised from the dead, we are invited to 'Come to me' as he says quite a few times, but alas.........People seem more at ease with a book they think they can follow, than taking Him up on His offer of actual relationship with us.
If the Bible, as many here claim, truly was THE WORD OF GOD, there would be zero confusion, everyone would be in agreement of what it says....it would have never sparked a ton of separate denominations and a whole bunch of division among believers....He is trying to bring everyone into unity, into ONE body prepared for Him to become His Spiritual Bride...Tell me, how is that going to be possible, without revelation from the true WORD OF GOD......Jesus !
I am at a loss as to why so many want to reject Him straight up, just because He is saying something today..... As if they simply won't allow Him to, like He is not supposed to have any more to say or do.
Why don't they just take it to Him in prayer ( but without shutting up their hearts to what has been shared with them ) and seek the confirmation ? The fact that people don't do that, indicates to me, that they're simply not willing to get to KNOW Christ, and in my book that would make them anti Christ, which obviously is NOT a good place to be.
I love my Bible, but I love Him more..........I love reading all about Him, but I also love being able to really get to know Him, as I am known by Him.......Why is it, that other people who claim to be my Brothers and Sisters in the Lord ( by saying they are Christians ) are only interested in putting me down or trying to get me to doubt Him, or at their worst.......rejecting Him and what He says, EVEN when it is clear that there are references in the Bible, to confirm what He has told me.........Just utterly astonishing to me ??????
I have met ( in person ) perhaps 8 - 10 people over the past 25 odd years, since first trying to join a fellowship, who have also had revelation from above and how we became unified in that....one of which was a pastor....When something is TRUTH it is always truth, can't be changed, and when He reveals truth to us, thankfully no one CAN take that away from us, no matter how hard other 'believers' try to do so.
I have nothing against anyone who only wants to know Him through their Bibles, it may confuse me a bit, but it is entirely up to them, we have been given free will and men will exercise that....What I do have something against, is how others try to belittle and deride me, because I didn't come to Jesus through the Bible, because He saw fit to save me that night, even though I wasn't religious.
Can you perhaps help me to understand what it is in believers which allows them to do such a thing?
In regard to your post, there are certainly things there which I will have to pray about and ask Him understanding of and I don't have the knowledge to answer you properly in those regards......I will have to get back to you sometime in the future, if this is still going by then.
OK Job, I have done my best.....Would love to see your best one day on this forum :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A myth you say ? Surely it is easily seen that the leading and teaching of The Holy Spirit, was almost entirely wiped out by and through the Roman Catholic church....They even dis allowed people to be able to read the Bible for themselves, tortured and put to death anyone, who didn't agree to their attempted iron fist grip on believers.
Thankfully our Lord has brought the Truth of His Spirit back into the believers conscience, through various means, and even if men went off the rails by breaking off into yet another religions, the Word of Truth about His Spirit was at least now more well known and is now preached in many denominations.
So not so much a myth, but those who insist on a particular prophet or what not, that is just men's ego's once again....But it cannot now destroy the knowing that The Holy Spirit is on offer as a gift from our Father....A promise to receive from Him, which He promised to mankind a very very long time ago.
So the Truth about this is out, and cannot now be put back in a sealed 'box'.....Praise His Holy Name....

There is so much bad information about Catholicism in your post that I am starting to see BreadofLife’s reasoning regarding anticatholicism....almost. I tend to think it is more due to anti-intellectualism, which is definitely a problem in Western culture right now

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@pia
"Why don't they just take it to Him in prayer ( but without shutting up their hearts to what has been shared with them ) and seek the confirmation ? The fact that people don't do that, indicates to me, that they're simply not willing to get to KNOW Christ, and in my book that would make them anti Christ, which obviously is NOT a good place to be."

How do you know people don't do that? What makes you so sure that everyone, other than yourself, is unwilling to know Christ? How do you know that?

And then you say we are antichrist.

Tell me what makes you more righteous than the rest of us.

o
How would anyone who refuses to go to Him, not be against Him ? and here come the standard put downs again...I am most certainly not the only one nor would I say such a silly thing...Me ? more righteous than anyone else, now that's a laugh....and you have certainly missed a lot of my posts to say that
I keep referring to 'those who do those things' NOT EVERYBODY does these things...
for someone who is such a stickler for what's written perhaps you could pay a little better attention.
I have been witness to when people have received from above and the joy and excitement in them just completely bubbles over and they can barely contain it....It shows in their faces,in their eyes, in their movements in how they speak and deal with people afterward ( sadly it can be a fleeting moment in some ).
He is a very powerful presence and can't help but have an effect on us.
One question..........Why are you so utterly against going toward the reality of Christ, why do you want to wait until you get to heaven, when He is offering His fellowship now ? And why are you so down putting to me for wanting that to continue.
I am not nor ever will be special.............HOWEVER......HE IS !!!!!!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying it's not?

o
Apologies, I had meant to say that if every single solitary word in it was directly from Gods mouth to the page, surely there would be no room for any error. But as it is, it is more than The Word from God to mankind, there are also lovely songs written by men to our wonderful God, and praises and questions from men to God.....Stories of fact and stories of parables. Instructions from an apostle to the friends he had left in the city he was writing to....lots of things, but I certainly do agree that it does without doubt contain Words from our God to mankind.....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would anyone who refuses to go to Him, not be against Him ? and here come the standard put downs again...I am most certainly not the only one nor would I say such a silly thing...Me ? more righteous than anyone else, now that's a laugh....and you have certainly missed a lot of my posts to say that
I keep referring to 'those who do those things' NOT EVERYBODY does these things...
for someone who is such a stickler for what's written perhaps you could pay a little better attention.
I have been witness to when people have received from above and the joy and excitement in them just completely bubbles over and they can barely contain it....It shows in their faces,in their eyes, in their movements in how they speak and deal with people afterward ( sadly it can be a fleeting moment in some ).
He is a very powerful presence and can't help but have an effect on us.
One question..........Why are you so utterly against going toward the reality of Christ, why do you want to wait until you get to heaven, when He is offering His fellowship now ? And why are you so down putting to me for wanting that to continue.
I am not nor ever will be special.............HOWEVER......HE IS !!!!!!

Why does it have to be one or the other? Praying OR reading the Bible? attending church OR having a relationship with Jesus? Asking Jesus OR practicing sacraments/following doctrine?

It sounds similar to ‘getting a formal education’ OR actually learning something in the real world.....

False dichotomies may sound enticing, but they appeal to emotion, not fact

Reactions: Job