The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold.... your churchs' birthday...
You see my First Council of Nicaea - Wikipedia
So, you couldn't find the document - could you?

You see, my dim-witted friend, the document doesn't exist because the Church was started by Christ and His Apostles (Matt. 16:18).
The Council of Nicaea was the Second Church Council after the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15.

Open a Bible - then open a history book, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water,....

Not...

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they GOT A CUP OF WATER water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when A CUP OF WATER WAS SPLASHED IN HIS FACE,...
C'mon Catholic...
And I've explained the laws of physics to you before, sparky.

Nobody walks UP into a river or lake. You have to walk DOWN into the water.
Ummmm, how many diving boards have you EVER see where they dive UP into a pool, Einstein??

Not a WORD in Scripture about total immersion being "mandatory" . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I've explained the laws of physics to you before, sparky.

Nobody walks UP into a river or lake. You have to walk DOWN into the water.
Ummmm, how many diving boards have you EVER see where they dive UP into a pool, Einstein??

Not a WORD in Scripture about total immersion being "mandatory" . . .
they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

I see. Catholics take a "sprinkle" and call it a bath.

Terrible hygiene.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you couldn't find the document - could you?

You see, my dim-witted friend, the document doesn't exist because the Church was started by Christ and His Apostles (Matt. 16:18).
The Council of Nicaea was the Second Church Council after the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15.

Open a Bible - then open a history book, Einstein . . .
This guy found the document for me....

The First Council of Nicaea (/naɪˈsiːə/; Greek: Νίκαια [ˈnikεa]) was a council of Christian bishops convened in the Bithynian city of Nicaea (now İznik, Turkey) by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in AD 325.

This ecumenical council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom. Hosius of Corduba may have presided over its deliberations.[4][5]

Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of God the Son and his relationship to God the Father,[2] the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter,[6] and promulgation of early canon law.[3][7]

Eastern Orthodox icon depicting the First Council of Nicaea
The First Council of Nicaea was the first ecumenical council of the church. Most significantly, it resulted in the first uniform Christian doctrine, called the Nicene Creed. With the creation of the creed, a precedent was established for subsequent local and regional councils of bishops (synods) to create statements of belief and canons of doctrinal orthodoxy—the intent being to define unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom.[8]

Derived from Greek (Ancient Greek: οἰκουμένη, romanized: oikouménē, lit. 'the inhabited one'), "ecumenical" means "worldwide" but generally is assumed to be limited to the known inhabited Earth, (Danker 2000, pp. 699–670) and at this time in history is synonymous with the Roman Empire; the earliest extant uses of the term for a council are Eusebius' Life of Constantine 3.6[9] around 338, which states "he convoked an ecumenical council" (Ancient Greek: σύνοδον οἰκουμενικὴν συνεκρότει, romanized: sýnodon oikoumenikḕn synekrótei)[10] and the Letter in 382 to Pope Damasus I and the Latin bishops from the First Council of Constantinople.[11]

One purpose of the council was to resolve disagreements arising from within the Church of Alexandria over the nature of the Son in his relationship to the Father: in particular, whether the Son had been 'begotten' by the Father from his own being, and therefore having no beginning, or else created out of nothing, and therefore having a beginning.[12] St. Alexander of Alexandria and Athanasius took the first position; the popular presbyter Arius, from whom the term Arianism comes, took the second. The council decided against the Arians overwhelmingly (of the estimated 250–318 attendees, all but two agreed to sign the creed and these two, along with Arius, were banished to Illyria).[8][13]...

We also send you the good news of the settlement concerning the holy pasch, namely that in answer to your prayers this question also has been resolved. All the brethren in the East who have hitherto followed the Jewish practice will henceforth observe the custom of the Romans and of yourselves and of all of us who from ancient times have kept Easter together with you.[14]

Historically significant as the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom,[15] the Council was the first occasion where the technical aspects of Christology were discussed.[15] Through it a precedent was set for subsequent general councils to adopt creeds and canons. This council is generally considered the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils in the History of Christianity

....which is the founding of your Roman Catholic Church.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i think it applies equally to ALL the worlds religions, catholic/protestant/orthodox/jewish/islam/hindu etc etc etc

I say that because the people the world in all lands belong to God....and religion of all kinds alienates them from him. False religions that do not teach the truth about God cause people to live in ways that are contrary to Gods Will for them and therefore they remain alienated from him. That is why God calls on all mankind to GET OUT OF HER.
word

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
therefore you do not know, apparently, or Scripture is made untrue eh

id have to ask for Scripture on that wadr
confess your sins, one to another
No, "confess your faults", not sins.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The battle is not against flesh and blood,
so even being honest is not a possibility , let alone doing an honest search, seeking for the truth, in billions of cases.....
unless the strong man in the house is overcome and thrown out (God's Way, As Written).

HUH!!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then is your sin today your fault , and thus a need to repent/confess ?
So, there is no such thing as sin anymore, but "fault"?

Shall we remove the word "sin" from the entire Bible and insert the word "fault"?

Interesting new approach.

It is your FAULT we are having this conversation....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

I see. Catholics take a "sprinkle" and call it a bath.

Terrible hygiene.
Uh huh – I already explained the physics to you regarding walking “down” into water and not “UP” into it.
Now – show me where the Bible says that we MUST be immersed.

Can you DO that, Einstein?
I didn’t think so . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy found the document for me....

The First Council of Nicaea (/naɪˈsiːə/; Greek: Νίκαια [ˈnikεa]) was a council of Christian bishops convened in the Bithynian city of Nicaea (now İznik, Turkey) by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in AD 325.

This ecumenical council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom. Hosius of Corduba may have presided over its deliberations.[4][5]

Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of God the Son and his relationship to God the Father,[2] the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter,[6] and promulgation of early canon law.[3][7]

Eastern Orthodox icon depicting the First Council of Nicaea
The First Council of Nicaea was the first ecumenical council of the church. Most significantly, it resulted in the first uniform Christian doctrine, called the Nicene Creed. With the creation of the creed, a precedent was established for subsequent local and regional councils of bishops (synods) to create statements of belief and canons of doctrinal orthodoxy—the intent being to define unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom.[8]

Derived from Greek (Ancient Greek: οἰκουμένη, romanized: oikouménē, lit. 'the inhabited one'), "ecumenical" means "worldwide" but generally is assumed to be limited to the known inhabited Earth, (Danker 2000, pp. 699–670) and at this time in history is synonymous with the Roman Empire; the earliest extant uses of the term for a council are Eusebius' Life of Constantine 3.6[9] around 338, which states "he convoked an ecumenical council" (Ancient Greek: σύνοδον οἰκουμενικὴν συνεκρότει, romanized: sýnodon oikoumenikḕn synekrótei)[10] and the Letter in 382 to Pope Damasus I and the Latin bishops from the First Council of Constantinople.[11]

One purpose of the council was to resolve disagreements arising from within the Church of Alexandria over the nature of the Son in his relationship to the Father: in particular, whether the Son had been 'begotten' by the Father from his own being, and therefore having no beginning, or else created out of nothing, and therefore having a beginning.[12] St. Alexander of Alexandria and Athanasius took the first position; the popular presbyter Arius, from whom the term Arianism comes, took the second. The council decided against the Arians overwhelmingly (of the estimated 250–318 attendees, all but two agreed to sign the creed and these two, along with Arius, were banished to Illyria).[8][13]...

We also send you the good news of the settlement concerning the holy pasch, namely that in answer to your prayers this question also has been resolved. All the brethren in the East who have hitherto followed the Jewish practice will henceforth observe the custom of the Romans and of yourselves and of all of us who from ancient times have kept Easter together with you.[14]

Historically significant as the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom,[15] the Council was the first occasion where the technical aspects of Christology were discussed.[15] Through it a precedent was set for subsequent general councils to adopt creeds and canons. This council is generally considered the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils in the History of Christianity

....which is the founding of your Roman Catholic Church.
WOW.
You’re a LOT more dense and clueless than I ever gave you credit for

I’ve asked you FIVE times now to show me the name of a DOCUMENT which shows that Constantine decreed having “created” the Catholic Church.

FIVE times requested – and FIVE times you’ve failed because you’re just not bright enough to differentiate between a Church Council and the name of a document.

This is surreal . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW.
You’re a LOT more dense and clueless than I ever gave you credit for

I’ve asked you FIVE times now to show me the name of a DOCUMENT which shows that Constantine decreed having “created” the Catholic Church.

FIVE times requested – and FIVE times you’ve failed because you’re just not bright enough to differentiate between a Church Council and the name of a document.

This is surreal . . .
You read it.

The fact is that the first Pope is the fella in Rome that "legalized" Christianity in the Roman empire....as long as the Christians followed the new rules.

These new rules included the doctrine of the trinity, per changing water baptism to the titles,.... mixing the Jewish, pagan and Christian faiths to a universal(catholic) system, ending repentance and water baptism by immersion then exchanging it for sprinkling babies, praying to Mary, list goes on and on.

Anyone not in compliance with this new Catholic religion was dealt with brutally.

This new religion of the Emperor Constantine became the official religion of Rome for 2000 years now.

This is the great whore of the book of Revelation and the iron/clay feet of Daniel 2.

Be proud of your heritage, because time is running out fast, then the stone from heaven will smite the feet(city of Rome) directly and topple the last image of man's kingdoms....

Come quickly Lord Jesus, and revenge the saints for this murderous religion's atrocities.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh – I already explained the physics to you regarding walking “down” into water and not “UP” into it.
Now – show me where the Bible says that we MUST be immersed.

Can you DO that, Einstein?
I didn’t think so . . .
When is the last time you went down to touch the drain at a swimming pool....then come back up out of the pool?

No, don't tell me....Catholics can't swim!

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized[G907] every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized[G907]?

G907
βαπτίζω
baptizō

Thayer Definition:
1) to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk)
2) to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one’s self, bathe
3) to overwhelm

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was going to take a guess at what the Harlot meant it could be Vatican 2 where all religions save. We shall defeat Vatican 2, and make more Mary Churches.

People are starting to wake up about Vatican 2.

Vatican 2 must lead to a world wide one sort of save all religion.

I'm going to stop it .. with my prayers.

There is still Mary Churches.... so it hasn't happened yet.

And then we still have the gates of hell will never prevail.

Last edited: