the great Mr. Billy Graham

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the great Mr. Billy Graham has passed on. may not be a sign of the times but truly an end of an era. if you get a chance view some of his stuff when he was young B&Ws and you will see what a man on fire for the Lord for real looks like. in his day they came to the Lord by the thousands. there is a good chance that that's the last the world will see of that.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the great Mr. Billy Graham has passed on. may not be a sign of the times but truly an end of an era. if you get a chance view some of his stuff when he was young B&Ws and you will see what a man on fire for the Lord for real looks like. in his day they came to the Lord by the thousands. there is a good chance that that's the last the world will see of that.

Indeed, I agree. Perhaps Americas lamp has been removed.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, I agree. Perhaps Americas lamp has been removed.

Stranger
it could be that the Lord honored USA's service in WWII seeing that the US not only blessed the persecuted Jew in Europe but also pushed the reinstatement of the Jewish state Israel, and maintained pressure on the iron curtain, including political, until eastern Europeans such as Jews could freely leave what was once the USSR. the Lord told Abraham that those who bless him the Lord will bless. and the USA has been blessed immensely since WWII. it basically fears no other nation.

and this "lamp" was a major blessing to use all. you don't see such callings responded by the thousands any where else in the world in the past few hundred years.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wanted Billy at the forefront and saw to it that he he got recognition. The Lord put it on W. R. Hurst's heart to publicize Graham. Hurst was an ungodly man but like Pharaoh the Lord turns their heart as he wishes.

Hurst sent at two word message to his huge network of newspapers, nearly 30 in major cities, "puff Graham". Every one of those papers published favorable articles on Billy and his name became a household word.

Billy Graham Recalls Help From Hearst

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wanted Billy at the forefront and saw to it that he he got recognition. The Lord put it on W. R. Hurst's heart to publicize Graham. Hurst was an ungodly man but like Pharaoh the Lord turns their heart as he wishes.

Hurst sent at two word message to his huge network of newspapers, nearly 30 in major cities, "puff Graham". Every one of those papers published favorable articles on Billy and his name became a household word.

Billy Graham Recalls Help From Hearst

yea the Lord can make anyone's self interest work for His purposes. it my understanding Graham was just out of school and was serving in a tent ministry when those he was working with were leads on preaching sermons. they fell out some how could be illness and the like and Graham was the next man in line so to speak and that is how his evangelical crusade started. not even of his own desire. and the "Hurst" promoting Graham's work with total disregard for the message itself, just shows that the Lord had full intention of using Mr. Graham. of course we can see that in hind sight now.

Reactions: Triumph1300

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest in Peace.

My only issue with Billy Graham was his combination of nationalism with spreading gospel. He was a good man

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

He certainly led millions to Jesus during his time on earth and he will surely be rewarded in heaven for being a great man of God, I haven't really listened to him much, and can't remember too much, since I was too little to know when my parents and the baby boomers, and older people were going on about him and that was probably late 90s, early 2000s, haha, but I do remember my dad saying how grandpa listened to Billy Graham tapes in his caravan and mum told me that she was a part of the Billy Graham crusade in London, I have heard a bit about what he did, he had a positive influence on many people's lives, he kept it simple and preached Jesus, and I believe even some of today's preachers, were saved during his Crusades, God used him to lead like more than half of a generation to Jesus, it's amazing. Yes it is the end of an era, but I'm sure God has a next generation of firey evangelists ready.

While it's a bit sad, it's really a celebration of Billy Graham's life, and it's wonderful to see some positives in the News channels and papers for once, in the News Paper today they shared like 4 pages of Billy Graham, 2 were about his life and time in Melbourne and how he got saved on the 18th hole of a Florida golf course haha, and the other 2 pages was a testimony given of how someone got saved, praise the Lord, so it's really wonderful, how a bit of Jesus is being shared on many secular news stations across the globe, as a result of Billy Graham's life, surely some people must be getting saved right now as a result, but it's really good for a change to hear good news on the media. Billy Graham what a great example of how Christians should live for Jesus.

Anyway praise be to Jesus. :)

Last edited:

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I discussed Billy Graham with my Dad earlier and he always recollects about their meetings nearby their residence in this city. During those days my Dad was in school and they all went and attended his meetings. :) There was also a song "Heaven is a wonderful place". My Dad first heard this song there. :)
Yesterday also when I came across the news, we watched it on CNN.
Blessed are those who serve Jesus in truth.

Reactions: OzSpen and Josho