The harlot's deception of the nations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No relationship, Revelation 4:6-8 represents the Holy Cherubim's, while Revelation 11:4 represents the (Two Witnesses) prophets returned
No there are 4 witnesses, two olive trees and two candlesticks. 2 and 2 are 4, not 2.

So being literal is only when it suites your theology?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No there are 4 witnesses, two olive trees and two candlesticks. 2 and 2 are 4, not 2.

So being literal is only when it suites your theology?
Your claims are in error, they are (Two Prophets) as scripture below teaches, possibly you needed to read just six more verses to arrive at God's truth

Revelation 11:10KJV
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The two witnesses are graphically described using:
  • firstly the metaphor of the two olive trees to emphasise their anointing in the Holy Spirit during a time of apostasy.
  • secondly the metaphor of the two candlesticks to emphasise their illumination in the Holy Spirit during a time of spiritual darkness.
Rev 11:3-4 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." (4) These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claims are in error, they are (Two Prophets) as scripture below teaches, possibly you needed to read just six more verses to arrive at God's truth

Revelation 11:10KJV
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
There are 4 witnesses, and only 2 of them come to earth during those 42 months.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did I claim gnostic nonsense, or point out Scripture? Take the Scripture as is or don't interpret the Scripture.
Let this be a warning to Gnostics who think that Elijah the man and inhabitant of Tishbeh in Gilead, is Enoch renamed and descended to earth without natural lineage.

1Ki 19:1-4 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, also how he had executed all the prophets with the sword. (2) Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time." (3) And when he saw that, he arose and ran for his life, and went to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there. (4) But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he prayed that he might die, and said, "It is enough! Now, LORD, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You desire to put (The Church) in apostasy

It is the false church, those that cry Lord, Lord, who were never saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit

The strong delusion is the False Prophet who is a human man, who will perform false miracles, calling fire from heaven, used to deceive the world into receiving the mark, and image worship
I think image worship is well underway.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think image worship is well underway.
Where do you believe the events seen below, have or are taking place?

Revelation 13:13-18KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you believe the events seen below, have or are taking place?

Revelation 13:13-18KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
First one needs to work out what the issues are and how they manifest. Then key players can be identified.
The image represents self glorification and self focus under the garb of sanctity. Could one also call it a false Prophet?.....that in itself gives a poignant clue.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First one needs to work out what the issues are and how they manifest. Then key players can be identified.
The image represents self glorification and self focus under the garb of sanctity. Could one also call it a false Prophet?.....that in itself gives a poignant clue.
I believe verse 14 below shows the image to be man made, a physical object, not symbolic as you suggest?

(They Should Make)

Revelation 13:14KJV

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe verse 14 below shows the image to be man made, a physical object, not symbolic as you suggest?

(They Should Make)

Revelation 13:14KJV
There is another critical factor; interpreting symbolism accurately. To be out on this throws a spanner in the works..... however, as I said previously, understanding the issues ie, what the whole enchilada is on about is paramount.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another critical factor; interpreting symbolism accurately. To be out on this throws a spanner in the works..... however, as I said previously, understanding the issues ie, what the whole enchilada is on about is paramount.
Please explain the whole enchilada?