The "HE" of Daniel 9:27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
veteran said:
Nah, I believe it was Retrobyter that also tried that Matt.23 ploy.

What Christ said to the Jews who refused Him there does not negate the Olivet prophecy He gave in Matt.24 about the "abomination of desolation" from Daniel in the "holy place", a temple in Jerusalem.
So much for the Jews building a house "naos" that God will inhabit.
The Levtical house became useless 2000 years ago. I'm sorry you feel that it still holds reverence before God when Jesus clearly said other wise.
FYI Jesus made a new and better covenant, threw Himself fulfilling the old then made a new.

Its a shame you place so much importance on prophesy you ignore and over run the message of salvation in your effort to prop up your thesis.
Maybe If you spent some time studying salvation you wouldn't make contradictory mistakes. Notice the red unchangeable priesthood, and no longer a need for sacrifices.
Both of which you believe God will honor Hebrews 5:11-12

Matthew 23
38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

Hebrews
23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. 24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
All your ranting left aside, the Jews will still build another Temple; it's in their heart to do so and it is in line with the Scripture they follow to do so.

They do not adhere to the New Testament nor consider their rituals desolate despite all we say to them otherwise.

The Jews will build this Temple in the first half of the one 'seven.' They will do so as a result of the covenant the anti-Christ pushes through; this will be their one prize they get for making "peace" in the Middle East. (Of course, this "peace" will not result in real peace; it just is the premise for the covenant which starts the one 'seven.')

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rex said:
So much for the Jews building a house "naos" that God will inhabit.
The Levtical house became useless 2000 years ago. I'm sorry you feel that it still holds reverence before God when Jesus clearly said other wise.
FYI Jesus made a new and better covenant, threw Himself fulfilling the old then made a new.
Now you've done it. You just made up a big fat falsehood.

You insinuate that by my holding to Christ's Olivet prophecy in Matt.24 about a coming pseudo-Christ placing the "abomination of desolation" in a temple in Jerusalem for the end of this world means I think God accepts all that. And that even after... I've already revealed to you that God is especially NOT going to recognize that temple in Jerusalem nor that kind of working for the last days!

Cover the Matthew 24:21-23 and Matthew 24:25-26 verses for me?

Rex said:
Its a shame you place so much importance on prophesy you ignore and over run the message of salvation in your effort to prop up your thesis.
Maybe If you spent some time studying salvation you wouldn't make contradictory mistakes. Notice the red unchangeable priesthood, and no longer a need for sacrifices.
Both of which you believe God will honor Hebrews 5:11-12
What is a shame is that you refuse to heed The Word of God about His WARNING of this event for the end that the Orthodox unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem today are getting ready to DO!

Either you are completely deceived as that coming event in Jerusalem, or you have other reasons for denying it as written.

teleiosis said:
All your ranting left aside, the Jews will still build another Temple; it's in their heart to do so and it is in line with the Scripture they follow to do so.

They do not adhere to the New Testament nor consider their rituals desolate despite all we say to them otherwise.

The Jews will build this Temple in the first half of the one 'seven.' They will do so as a result of the covenant the anti-Christ pushes through; this will be their one prize they get for making "peace" in the Middle East. (Of course, this "peace" will not result in real peace; it just is the premise for the covenant which starts the one 'seven.')
Oh, I think Rex realizes all that, he is listening to something else besides God's Word.

Orthodox Jews today in Jerusalem, groups like the Temple Mount Faithful, have for years now been gathering up the materials to build another temple in Jerusalem. They've been ordaining priests, preparing the implements of temple worship, and even already... doing sacrifices on passover upon a hill overlooking the Temple Mount.

http://www.templemountfaithful.org/

One has to be daft to not realize that going on once introduced to it per that web link.

Here's another thing the unbelieving Jews in Jerusalem are doing, trying to revive the old Sanhedrin...

http://juchre.org/articles/sanhedrin.htm

Once again, that would not even possible if it hadn't been for the Jews in the holy land being established as a nation again in 1948.

Some Christian Churches have been HELPING them also.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Perfect Sacrifice for sin for one and all time, according to God's Word (Heb.10:12).

But the Orthodox Jews do not believe on Christ Jesus as The Messiah, nor The New Covenant, so they still believe the Old Covenant is in effect today. This is why for centuries they have pushed for a return to the holy land, to culminate in the rebuilding of the temple in order to fulfill that Old Covenant style of worship.

Who would have thought only 100 years ago it would have even been possible to build another Jewish temple in Jerusalem? Jerusalem was still in control by the Mulsim Turks until the end of WWI. Even that shows how what God says in His Word will come to pass, as written, regardless of how men 'think' things are going to go.

The thing is, the Orthodox Jews truly and sincerely believe what they are trying to establish again per the Old Covenant in Jerusalem with a new temple and sacrifices is right. The fact that some Christian Churches have been helping in their plans reveals the deception among many Christian brethren into that false work has already started. Will a time come in our near future when all of today's Christian organizational systems will rebuke and persecute those of us in Christ that REFUSE that false working in Jerusalem? I think that time will come, and is already near.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Its equally a sham you don't remember the temple in 2 Thes 2:4 Paul was speaking of a temple that God honored by his presents. The "naos" I can't help it you over look the two Greek words describing a "temple" building in English, one with and one without the LORD, the naos is explicit, the one holy of holies the presents of the Image of God.

My explanation concerning the son of perdition also supports the falling away. Refers to Judas to whome the term and phrase is only found in one other place in scripture John 17:12

Not the pseudo christian temple you describe can never be the temple Paul refereed to in 2 Thes. When you can explain to me Satan sitting in a new temple that is described by Paul in 2 Thes 2 as containing the presents of God "honored by God" without contradicting the NT teaching that the temple and the Levitical system are of no value or recognized by God then we may have more to speak about.

It would seem that Jesus is guilty of the same offense you accuse Saint of.
Matthew 26:61
Matthew 27:40

John 2:16-21
[sup]18 [/sup]So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”
[sup]19 [/sup]Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
[sup]20 [/sup]Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
[sup]21 [/sup]But He was speaking of the temple of His body. [sup]22 [/sup]Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them;[sup][http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+2&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-26118c]c[/url]][/sup] and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

The tearing of the veil what did that mean? That the Holy of Holies was opened. God now has a new sanctuary.
Just as Jesus was the statuary of the HS. God will never dwell in the temple again.
Jesus is the Holy of Holies that's your error in looking for a building that 9:24-27 is incomplete. You just like the others desire a temple building neglecting the clear teaching that God now dwells with-in men. So in that 2 Thes is not speaking of a building but rather with-in the flesh satan will take his seat.

2411. hieron hee-er-on' neuter of 2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts (whereas 3485 denotes the central sanctuary itself) of the Temple (at Jerusalem or elsewhere):--temple.
3485. naos nah-os' from a primary naio (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple :--shrine, temple. Compare 2411.

Naos
. 1) used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of the god was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure)

Paul used naos the dwelling place of God, now how will it be that the veil was torn will God ever sanctify a temple built "building" when by the Lord Jesus a new temple is found with-in men. To teach God will sanctify such a place is to deny the cross as well as Jesus. The presents of God has moved out of the building and He now sits in the temples of flesh threw His HS.

1 Cor 3:16
[sup]16 [/sup]Do you not know that you are the temple 3485 of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Cor 6:19
[sup]19 [/sup]Or do you not know that your body is the temple 3485 of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
2 Cor 6:16
[sup]16 [/sup]And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[sup][http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians+6&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-28915b]b[/url]][/sup] are the temple 3485 of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”[sup][http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians+6&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-28915c]c[/url]][/sup]

The new temple is here and has been being built for years, you don't see it?
[sup]19 [/sup]Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, [sup]20 [/sup]having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, [sup]21 [/sup]in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple 3485 in the Lord, [sup]22 [/sup]in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rex said:
Its equally a sham you don't remember the temple in 2 Thes 2:4 Paul was speaking of a temple that God honored by his presents. The "naos" I can't help it you over look the two Greek words describing a "temple" building in English, one with and one without the LORD, the naos is explicit, the one holy of holies the presents of the Image of God.
The sham is entirely yours.

The temple Paul speaks of in 2 Thess.2:3-4 is a false temple, because that's the only one the "son of perdition" and "man of sin" can come to sit in. Christ's temple of His many-membered body cannot be corrupted by ANY Antichrist. One doesn't need debates about 'naos' to figure that out. All they need do is stay within the context of what Paul's saying there in 2 Thess.2:3-4.

Rex said:
My explanation concerning the son of perdition also supports the falling away. Refers to Judas to whome the term and phrase is only found in one other place in scripture John 17:12

Not the pseudo christian temple you describe can never be the temple Paul refereed to in 2 Thes. When you can explain to me Satan sitting in a new temple that is described by Paul in 2 Thes 2 as containing the presents of God "honored by God" without contradicting the NT teaching that the temple and the Levitical system are of no value or recognized by God then we may have more to speak about.
Judas was long dead when Apostle Paul gave that 2 Thess.2 Scripture about the "son of perdition".

And the Levitical priesthood system today is... no... longer... valid! How's that? If you believe it still is, then that would mean you refuse that only the Blood of Jesus Christ slain on the cross can offer Salvation.

You sound like a deceived Church member that's supporting the orthodox unbelieving Jews rebuilding of their temple in Jerusalem, and the startup of Old Covenant worship with sacrifices again. Afterall, that's exactly what the Levitical priesthood was instituted for, for Old Covenant worship. The Old Covenant is 'dead'. Christ Jesus brought the New Covenant by His Blood shed on the cross.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
veteran said:
The sham is entirely yours.

The temple Paul speaks of in 2 Thess.2:3-4 is a false temple, because that's the only one the "son of perdition" and "man of sin" can come to sit in. Christ's temple of His many-membered body cannot be corrupted by ANY Antichrist. One doesn't need debates about 'naos' to figure that out. All they need do is stay within the context of what Paul's saying there in 2 Thess.2:3-4.

Judas was long dead when Apostle Paul gave that 2 Thess.2 Scripture about the "son of perdition".

And the Levitical priesthood system today is... no... longer... valid! How's that? If you believe it still is, then that would mean you refuse that only the Blood of Jesus Christ slain on the cross can offer Salvation.

You sound like a deceived Church member that's supporting the orthodox unbelieving Jews rebuilding of their temple in Jerusalem, and the startup of Old Covenant worship with sacrifices again. Afterall, that's exactly what the Levitical priesthood was instituted for, for Old Covenant worship. The Old Covenant is 'dead'. Christ Jesus brought the New Covenant by His Blood shed on the cross.
Your a bit confused: that has been my position all along --->> the entire last page and now you make it sound as though I support such nonsense.
Its clear you have become very confused and can not even properly discern what I have said on the preceding page as well as this one.

A discussion with you and teleiosis is impossible when you accuse me of not understanding that the Levitical temple and priest hood is dead,
That's been my point all along, the temple Paul describes in 2 Thes and the part you wish to ignore "naos" by your own words, indicates the dwelling of God, which can not exist in a new temple building in Jerusalem.

Have a nice day
I have made my point and don't need to spend the next several years debating it with you.

Especially when you apparently can't understand what I said, or deliberately twist my words to look as though I'm the one supporting a new temple building, on the contrary--> that is you.
Do you suffer from ADHD or are you now implementing a disinformation campaign?

Here's one of my references to the temple of the Jews in Jesus day being of no value from the other page

Rex said:
Your 3rd temple building is a pipe dream or a clever plot of deception simply because God will never grace it as a neos temple as described in 2 thes. Nor will He honor the sacrifices of lambs and goats HOW COULD HE? It flies in the face of Jesus and salvation itself.

I could care less that some Jews are going to rebuild a temple ITS OF NO VALUE in the eyes of God.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rex, Your words: "I could care less that some Jews are going to rebuild a temple ITS OF NO VALUE in the eyes of God."

No one here is saying otherwise.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Trekson said:
Hi Rex, Your words: "I could care less that some Jews are going to rebuild a temple ITS OF NO VALUE in the eyes of God."

No one here is saying otherwise.
I don't know what exactly your referring to, or your point, because veterans post accused me of saying otherwise
See the red letters in my post --> quoting him.

veterans a bit of a nut, he has apparently hijacked my position and has tried to paint me with the very ground I stood & stand on, on this page as well as the previous page. Its unbelievable that anyone in their right mind could even consider such a play. He needs to
snapoutofit.gif
or quit with the disinformation games hes playing

Or he can't remember yesterday, or he doesn't even bother to read post he's replying to

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point is sometimes we can carried away with the proper use of the Hebrew or Greek wording. Sometimes its as simple as the perspective of the author and what he is trying to convey, not neccessarily which word is used.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Trekson said:
I think the point is sometimes we can carried away with the proper use of the Hebrew or Greek wording. Sometimes its as simple as the perspective of the author and what he is trying to convey, not neccessarily which word is used.
I very very rarely refer to the Greek but in the case of the temple and the HUGE distinction between the two Greek words translated temple I believe it important.

A singular temple building as the only definition is certainly incomplete simply because Paul refereed to Christians as the temple.
What denotes this distinction? The presents of the God "the HS" the very same is true in the building, two greek words denote the building as simply a building and the other denotes the presents of God. If you consider this unimportant do you also consider the HS with in Christians unimportant?

If you choose to follow veteran around and add support as you do that is fine by me
But spare me your pointless argument, as well I'm sure your mentor veteran refers to Greek and or Hebrew much more often than I do.
Its the very foundation of his gap theology between Gen verse 1&2 In a single word translation.

There are two Greek words translated temple that is simply a fact, it's not a matter of opinion.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Rex said:
Your 3rd temple building is a pipe dream or a clever plot of deception simply because God will never grace it as a neos temple as described in 2 thes. Nor will He honor the sacrifices of lambs and goats HOW COULD HE? It flies in the face of Jesus and salvation itself.

I could care less that some Jews are going to rebuild a temple ITS OF NO VALUE in the eyes of God.

I dis-agree. The 3ed temple is neeeded as well as the Daily Sacrifices. Though sacrifices do as you say in the face of Jesus, they are there for reasons all the same and are stopped by the Beast with the wound. the Temple however, with the setting of the first stone kicks off tribulations and so it is a sing for us, that God has told us about and therefore must be significant. The abomination of desolation is committed there and so again it is siginificant. Does this third Temple have personal significance to God and Jesus other than allowing us to see? I Have not seen ANY scripture claiming Jesus will not set his throne there, so if he does ( and where else would he? ) then it must have significance.

As far as your address to Veteran, i have said before these words are alot less effective forms of communicating the truths we try to prove than is speach and I have even found speech extremely limiting. this is why I express myself often and in different ways. Rex, please be patient... Veteran and Telenosis have often beratted me yet, I like them both, though sometime getting my point accross is very difficult too.

Rex wrote: " There are two Greek words translated temple that is simply a fact, it's not a matter of opinion. "
I thought there was 3.... The person's body is the temple of the Lord, the Church people and the building itself. Was not all three described? Oh well, been a long time since I did the Greek thing.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rex, Your words: "There are two Greek words translated temple that is simply a fact, it's not a matter of opinion."

1. G2411 - Hieron - a sacred place.
2. G3485 - Naos - (to dwell) a temple building.

I think you may be reading to much into the definitions. While the Holy Spirit did reside in the temple, there is nothing in this word that specifys ONLY a Holy Spirit filled temple. The fact that the a/c sets up an image of himself in what would, in ancient times, have been the dwelling place of the HS only shows how arrogant and outrageous this offense is thus being termed the abomination of desolation.There is nothing in this word that implies that nothing else but the HS may dwell there as well.

Hi all, I wanted to add this as a cautionary tale. I was going to respond to Rex that there were three words translated as "temple", the third being G3845 - parabaino which means "to violate a command" which kind of made sense regarding 2 Thess. 2:4. However, I noticed that this number was also used when Christ was speaking of the temple in the early chapters of Revelations, which didn't make sense to me. So I double-checked it with my new Englishman's concordance that I got for Christmas and it was a blessing from God that I rec'd it. Obviously, now I find out they transposed 3485 to 3845 in my Strong's. So sometimes our sources could be in error when we don't realize it. If something doesn't make sense and you feel a "check" in your spirit, then by all means doublecheck your sources.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Amazing people can't even find out whether temple = 2 or 3 Greek words.
yet they have an opinion as though they have researched it.

http://greekwordstudies.blogspot.com/2007/03/temple.html

Greek Word Pronunciation: na-OS
Strong’s Number: 3485
Goodrich/Kohlenberger Number: 3724
Key Verse: “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?” -- 1 Corinthians 6:19

Two Greek words are both translated by the one word temple. Each has a distinctive meaning and refers to a particular thing. Hieron comes from a word meaning “holy, hallowed, consecrated,” and was used of earthly things devoted or dedicated by man to a god. It was later used in the New Testament to designate the temple at Jerusalem. It includes the entire sacred enclosure with its porticos, courts, and other subordinate buildings. It is never used figuratively.

Naos referred to the inner sanctuary, composed of the Holy of Holies and the Holy Place. Only priests could lawfully enter. Naos was used among heathen to denote a shrine containing the idol (Acts 17:24; 19:24). When referring to the Jerusalem temple, Josephus, Philo, the Septuagint, and the New Testament always distinguished hieron from naos. After describing the building of the naos by Solomon, Josephus wrote: “Outside the temple (naos) he constructed a sacred enclosure (hieron) in the form of a square.”

Zacharias entered the naos to burn incense (Luke 1:9), the Holy Place where the altar of incense stood. The people were “outside” in the hieron. Christ taught in the hieron (Matthew 21:23), in one of the temple porches, also expelling money changers from the hieron, the court of the Gentles (Matthew 21:12). Judas portrayed his defiance and despair by entering into the naos itself (Matthew 27:5) which was reserved for priests alone and casting down before the priests the accursed blood money. It was the veil of the naos, the curtain separating the Holy of Holies from the Holy Place, that was torn at the time of Christ’s death (Matthew 27:51). The man of lawlessness takes his seat in the naos of God (2 Thessalonians 2:4). In every instance where temple is referred to in the book of Revelation, the word is naos. Christ spoke of the naos of His body (Matthew 26:61), just as Paul spoke of the body of Christians as the naos (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19), the inner sanctuary of the Holy Spirit. Jamieson, Fausset & Brown says: “The unseen, but much more efficient, Spirit of God in the spiritual temple now takes the place of the visible Shekinah in the old material temple. The whole man is the temple; the soul is the inmost shrine; the understanding and heart, the holy place; and the body, the porch and exterior of the edifice.”

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I don't really get your point. Yes, I know we are the temple of the HS, but 2 Thess. 2:4 isn't talking about believers, it's talking about the a/c and the delusion of Messiahhood that will be brought upon the people so they would believe the lie. There have always been charlatans so when Christ prophecies about a specific charlatan in the latter days, I don't see the need to get all symbolic over an apparent literal prophecy. One doesn't need all kinds of knowledge to form an opinion, but symbolism isn't knowledge because anything can represent anything else you want it to if you twist the sciptures enough. Common sense comes with maturity, it doesn't need to be researched. Something many supposed intellectuals lack.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Trekson said:
I guess I don't really get your point. Yes, I know we are the temple of the HS, but 2 Thess. 2:4 isn't talking about believers, it's talking about the a/c and the delusion of Messiahhood that will be brought upon the people so they would believe the lie. There have always been charlatans so when Christ prophecies about a specific charlatan in the latter days, I don't see the need to get all symbolic over an apparent literal prophecy. One doesn't need all kinds of knowledge to form an opinion, but symbolism isn't knowledge because anything can represent anything else you want it to if you twist the sciptures enough. Common sense comes with maturity, it doesn't need to be researched. Something many supposed intellectuals lack.
Well some of us would agree that the temple and the priest hood has been rendered of no value. The veil that separated the Naos part of the temple from the Hieron was torn from top to bottom, As I understand it, this wasn't a bed sheet it is said to be as thick as a hands hand 4". This signifies the presents of God leaving the temple.

When Naos is used it is referring to the dwelling place of God the Holy of Holies. The place that God is present.
Now If the Jews today were ever to rebuild a temple this presents of God in the inter Holy of Holies is what makes it Naos. Other wise its simply a holy shrine hieron.
That is why Jesus and Paul, Josephus, Philo, the Septuagint, and the New Testament always distinguished hieron from naos.

Jesus declared the temple desolate Matthew 23:38-39 The veil was torn a His death Matthew 27:51
Now the question and answer is in 2 thes 2:4 If the Jews were to build a temple today could it be called a naos temple? Because thats the word Paul uses.
Naos meaning the presents or dwelling place of God. I don't see how unless God ignores Jesus and his sacrifice covering all sins, it also ignores the statement Jesus made after declaring the temple desolate Matthew 23:39 Jesus lays out the conditions of there repentance and His return 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”
After the redemptive sacrifice of Jesus all sacrifices are of no value, as well the dwelling place containing God was opened, the veil was torn" the Naos of God is now with-in men The veil torn God leaves and now resides in a new Naos temple in men born of the Spirit.
1 Cor 3:16
1 Cor 6:19
2 Cor 6:16

The point is if the man of sin, son of perdition 2 Thes is going to sit in a naos temple and its a building that means the presents of God must be in the temple building making it naos as well. So he can replace it. As you can see God left the temple building and on the way out He rent the curtain do you now suppose God will grace a new temple to Jews that plan on reinstating sacrifices for sin? Not a chance IMO.

Do you get the point now Trekson?

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
A born again Christian has the Holy Spirit dwelling inside them, how is the man of sin going to sit inside the bodies of the believers showing himself to be god?
I would think the Holy Spirit isn't going to allow that.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
ENOCH2010 said:
A born again Christian has the Holy Spirit dwelling inside them, how is the man of sin going to sit inside the bodies of the believers showing himself to be god?
I would think the Holy Spirit isn't going to allow that.
Then thats the same type of question you should wondering about a building as well. Will God dwell in a new temple that rejects Christ? Then move out to allow the AC to be seated?
I think Judas is a clue, the son of perdition, and just how many seats do you suppose the man of sin can occupy? I think only one.

The son of perdition is only used in John 17:12 and 2 Thes 2
Judas is a type of anti-christ
Judas is listed as a disciple Luke 6:13-16
Judas received power from God Matthew 10:1-4
Satan came in to Judas Luke 22:3

If nothing else its a template of what we should be looking for If Paul called him the son of perdition.
I do believe the AC will be camouflaged as a christian and come from the core group of Christianity today.

If the naos temple is today found in the flesh of men, as scripture points out, its a closer fit to believe the AC man of sin take his seat in the flesh
Rather than a temple building which scripture also points out is of no value to God any longer

But of course this throws a monkey wrench into the temple watcher prophets machinery.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
A new temple is taking us right back to Hebrew 6 and the warning contained there about falling away from the true faith and returning to the law for salvation.

And of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And this we will do if God permits. For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
(Heb 6:2-6 ESV)

A question; how can one make something desolation spiritually that is not of Yahweh?

Has anyone ever taken the time to read Daniel 9:26-27 from the Septuagint? Many consider this the be the most pure translation.

And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations. And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.
(Dan 9:26-27 LXX)

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
That's a lot easier to read Saint. I can't vouch for anything but the KJV,because that's all I've ever read.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rex, Your words: As you can see God left the temple building and on the way out He rent the curtain do you now suppose God will grace a new temple to Jews that plan on reinstating sacrifices for sin? Not a chance IMO. "

I think everyone here agrees with this statement. The problem is you believe that Naos means "solely" the dwelling place of God and it does not. The word simply implies to "dwell in a holy place". It's used in Acts 19:24 - "For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen." It's also used in these two verses. Acts 7:48 - "Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet," and Acts 17:24 - " God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands."

So, the point is it doesn't have the strict meaning you give to it. The presence of God isn't what defines Naos. It can be any god or false god that is dwelling in any temple type building.