The "HE" of Daniel 9:27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ray

Aug 8, 2011

Daniel 9:27
King James Version (KJV)

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

{Where, one must ask is any covenant mentioned in all of Scripture between antichrist and many of mankind ? I say No where (in Scripture) only in the commentary
of man is such a covenant mentioned. Yet Daniel's People Israel Knew and were awaiting another Covenant a "New Covenant" different from the Old Covenant
as was made known to them by the Prophecy given by Jeremiah, As This New Covenant was the Covenant that is again mentioned in this Daniel 9:27 Verse}

Jeremiah 31:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

{The word "confirm" as used in the passage Dan 9:27 is in the Hebrew language "gabar" and defines to strengthen or to be made strong.
It was Our LORD JESUS Who was to "strengthen" or "confirm" This mentioned Covenant with "many" of Daniel's People Israel for "one Week" (7 yrs) by
HIS Sacrificial Death and HIS Ministry to ONLY Daniel's People Israel, and the early Ministry of HIS Apostles (Being with THE HOLY SPIRIT) went
to at the first ONLY to Daniel's People up until the time of Acts 9 Paul's Conversion and Acts 10 Peter's vision which led to the Apostles to go at that time
to the Gentiles which was at the completion of the 70th week and the 70 week Prophecy given to Daniel by the Angel Gabriel. }

Hebrews 9:16-17
King James Version (KJV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

{Our LORD JESUS speaks of the Confirmation of this "New Covenant" at the Passover Supper before HIS Sacrificial Death, Speaking of the Blood
of Which this "New Covenant" would be Confirmed (gabar:made strong) with, and using the word "many" as the Dan 9:27 verse uses of who This
Covenant would be confirmed with for "one week"}

Matthew 26:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

{Our LORD JESUS was THE "HE" Who caused the "Sacrifice and the Oblation to cease " in the midst (middle) of This spoken of "week" By The Perfect
and Complete Sacrifice of HIMSELF after HIS 3 1/2 year Ministry among Daniel's People.}

Matthew 27:50-51
King James Version (KJV)
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

{As Our LORD JESUS had made The Perfect Sacrifice the Temple Veil which seperated The Holy Place from The Most Holy Place (HOLY OF HOLIES) being
rent (torn asunder) was Clear proof that The Temple Sacrificial system which was Ordained By Our HEAVENLY FATHER had come to a completion
by The Perfect Sacrifice that was ordained By HIM.}

Hebrews 10:11-14
King James Version (KJV)
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012

Daniel 9:27
King James Version (KJV)

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

{Where, one must ask is any covenant mentioned in all of Scripture between antichrist and many of mankind ? I say No where (in Scripture) only in the commentary
of man is such a covenant mentioned. Yet Daniel's People Israel Knew and were awaiting another Covenant a "New Covenant" different from the Old Covenant
as was made known to them by the Prophecy given by Jeremiah, As This New Covenant was the Covenant that is again mentioned in this Daniel 9:27 Verse}

Jeremiah 31:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

{The word "confirm" as used in the passage Dan 9:27 is in the Hebrew language "gabar" and defines to strengthen or to be made strong.
It was Our LORD JESUS Who was to "strengthen" or "confirm" This mentioned Covenant with "many" of Daniel's People Israel for "one Week" (7 yrs) by
HIS Sacrificial Death and HIS Ministry to ONLY Daniel's People Israel, and the early Ministry of HIS Apostles (Being with THE HOLY SPIRIT) went
to at the first ONLY to Daniel's People up until the time of Acts 9 Paul's Conversion and Acts 10 Peter's vision which led to the Apostles to go at that time
to the Gentiles which was at the completion of the 70th week and the 70 week Prophecy given to Daniel by the Angel Gabriel. }

King James Version (KJV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

{Our LORD JESUS speaks of the Confirmation of this "New Covenant" at the Passover Supper before HIS Sacrificial Death, Speaking of the Blood
of Which this "New Covenant" would be Confirmed (gabar:made strong) with, and using the word "many" as the Dan 9:27 verse uses of who This
Covenant would be confirmed with for "one week"}

King James Version (KJV)
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

{Our LORD JESUS was THE "HE" Who caused the "Sacrifice and the Oblation to cease " in the midst (middle) of This spoken of "week" By The Perfect
and Complete Sacrifice of HIMSELF after HIS 3 1/2 year Ministry among Daniel's People.}

Matthew 27:50-51
King James Version (KJV)
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

{As Our LORD JESUS had made The Perfect Sacrifice the Temple Veil which seperated The Holy Place from The Most Holy Place (HOLY OF HOLIES) being
rent (torn asunder) was Clear proof that The Temple Sacrificial system which was Ordained By Our HEAVENLY FATHER had come to a completion
by The Perfect Sacrifice that was ordained By HIM.}

Hebrews 10:11-14
King James Version (KJV)
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Good study, honestly glad to see someone else understands that the "he" here refers to the Lord Jesus Christ. It is not referring to an anti-Christ, as opponents often say it is. It's also used to pull this verse out of time context, to support a 7 year tribulation. But that's a theory for a whole other day, whole other topic.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Please support with some Scripture, anything other than Dan 9:27, where Jesus ever initiates a limited-time, seven-year covenant.

Jer 31:31 doesnt support that notion.
Nor does Heb 9:16-17.

Mt 26;28 doesn't indicate only seven years.
Nor does Mt 27:50-51.

And Heb 10:11-14 says it's forever.

None of the verses you pulled out support the notion that Jesus ever "confirmed" a limited-time, seven-year covenant.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Mark 1:15 The time is fulfilled, tell me what prophesy is He speaking of?
Jesus came to the Jews exclusively He mentioned that
Covenant that's pretty clear
and for half of the week He shall put an end to sacrifice and offering That should be clear as well

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Mk 1:15 doesn't indicate Jesus initiated a limited-time, seven-year covenant either. If He did in this verse you cite, then we're not part of it.

Isn't that "clear" to you?
Anytime somebody uses the the word "clear" to me, I'm pretty sure it is anything but "clear." "Clearly," it's just a conclusion they've made.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Believe as you like, and no I can't show you a verse where Jesus said Im initiating a limited-time, seven-year covenant
He initiated a New covenant FOREVER

right in the middle of the week

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
So quickly, (on wing) Jesus (the abomination?) makes desolate (the Temple?).

No, it doesn't work.
After the sixty-two 'sevens' the Messiah is cut off - karat.

Jesus did not "force" any limited-time, seven-year covenant.

And Jesus did not make firm ANY covenant with the start of His Ministry.

In Revelation chapter 13, after having authority for 42 months and waging war on the Saints, and Jesus said we would be handed over, the abomination is set up. This occurs in the Holy Place as Jesus said in the Olivet Discouse. Paul confirms this by saying the man of lawlessness does this in the Temple.

If you can't show me a verse, or prove Jesus initiated a limited-time, seven-year covenant, then your interpretation of the "he" implied in the third-person singular conjugation of gabar is not Scripturally sound.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, teleiosis.

So quickly, (on wing) Jesus (the abomination?) makes desolate (the Temple?).

No, it doesn't work.
After the sixty-two 'sevens' the Messiah is cut off - karat.

Jesus did not "force" any limited-time, seven-year covenant.

And Jesus did not make firm ANY covenant with the start of His Ministry.

In Revelation chapter 13, after having authority for 42 months and waging war on the Saints, and Jesus said we would be handed over, the abomination is set up. This occurs in the Holy Place as Jesus said in the Olivet Discouse. Paul confirms this by saying the man of lawlessness does this in the Temple.

If you can't show me a verse, or prove Jesus initiated a limited-time, seven-year covenant, then your interpretation of the "he" implied in the third-person singular conjugation of gabar is not Scripturally sound.

Not so fast, bro'. The New Covenant is the wrong covenant; that's all. That was NOT the covenant that Yeshua` strengthened. He did not MAKE the covenant mentioned in Dani'el 9:27 Himself, nor is the verse worded that way. He DID, however, strengthen the DAVIDIC COVENANT with many (but not all) for one Seven until the middle of the Seven! He did this not by making any formal declaration or walking between the pieces of a sacrifice, but HE was the One who fulfilled the Davidic Covenant! It was HE who was acknowledged by the Father as "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased!" It was GOD who made the covenant with David and his sons forever, and neither David nor his posterity after him had anything to do with the making of the covenant; it was an unconditional covenant, every bit as unconditional as the Abrahamic Covenant! Yeshua` was THE Son of David who was haMashiach - THE Messiah - THE Christ - THE Anointed One - THE Selected One by God! God confirmed this covenant at the baptism of Yeshua`; so, Yeshua` strengthened the covenant by simply submitting to be baptized. It's not rocket science, bro'; by calling Yeshua` His Son, God in effect was saying that Yeshua` was the ONE who fulfilled the prophecy of 2 Samu'el 7:14; 1 Chronicles 17:13; and 1 Chronicles 22:10. particularly 1 Chronicles 22:10! This is also confirmed in the Psalms: Psalm 2:1-12 and Psalm 89:20-37,

Psalm 89:20-37
20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness (Hebrew: chesed = covenant-keeping promise) will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed (YESHUA) shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
KJV

THIS is the covenant that Dani'el 9:27 talks about! THIS is the covenant that Yeshua` strengthened by submitting to His baptism, and THIS is the covenant that God will continue to keep to David and his sons after him, including Yeshua` haMashiach!

As I've said before, there IS a gap in Dani'el 9:27, but it is not between the 69 Sevens and the Last Seven; it is between the FIRST HALF and the LAST HALF of the Last Seven! It is the gap that Yeshua` HIMSELF declared in Matthew 23:37-39!

Matthew 23:37-39
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

And, of course, verse 39 is a quote from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.
KJV

And the Hebrew (transliterated) of verse 26 is ...

Tehel 118:26
26 Baaruwkh habaa' bsheem YHWH: beerakhnuwkhem mibeeyt YHWH.
JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh

... which simply means "we-welcome the-Comer in-name of-YHWH." Thus, the timing will not be re-instated UNTIL the Jews of Jerusalem can welcome Yeshua` back as the Messiah of YHWH, the One sent in the authority of YHWH! THAT'S when the 70th Seven of Dani'el 9 will begin again!

We can get the timing of the strengthening for "seven years" FROM this 27th verse of Dani'el 9, but we can also see it in the analogy by His own ancestor, David! David, too, reigned over Y'hudah (Judah) for 7 years (actually 7.5 years) before He was anointed king over all of Isra'el. Yeshua`s offer of the kingdom (through Himself, the King) was to the elders of the tribe of Y'hudah (the southern kingdom of Judaea)! He was born to be "the King of the Jews!" (Matthew 2:2) And, He died still rightfully "the King of the Jews!" (Matthew 27:37)

But, they REJECTED HIM! So, He rejected THEM and left them desolate until they could welcome Him as GOD'S CHOICE FOR THEIR KING!!! They have yet to accept Him as such, although they are quickly learning about Him through the efforts of the Messianic Jews and the Jews for Jesus ministries.

So, leave the youngsters alone and face me! You were so hung up on "gabar" before; can't you see the elegance of this position?! Dani'el 9:24-27 is NOT AT ALL about the "antichrist!" It is about the REAL Christ!

Ray

Aug 8, 2011
Please support with some Scripture, anything other than Dan 9:27, where Jesus ever initiates a limited-time, seven-year covenant.

Jer 31:31 doesnt support that notion.
Nor does Heb 9:16-17.

Mt 26;28 doesn't indicate only seven years.
Nor does Mt 27:50-51.

And Heb 10:11-14 says it's forever.

None of the verses you pulled out support the notion that Jesus ever "confirmed" a limited-time, seven-year covenant.

Teleiosis,

The Covenant mentioned in Daniel 9:27 was to be "confirmed" with ONLY Israel for 7 years, and Speaks nothing of the duration
of which this Covenant was to last.

As JESUS The MESSIAH and Titus Vespasion was the ONLY individuals mentioned in this Prophecy (Dan 9:24-27)
Who of These Two would you say was to "confirm" this covenant ?

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Titus is not mentioned in Gabriel's prophecy.

Jesus is the only one who can fulfill all six actions of Daniel 9:24, yet it will be the ruler who will come who will force the one 'seven' with many. Nothing is confirmed. It's time to step out of the middle ages.

Jesus did not force anything. gabar is not always a wholesome affirmation, and it simply does not mean "confirm" as the word is commonly used today. Why such a poor translation of 400 years ago still affects so many must be in God's Will.

The one 'seven' is not split in half with one half being past and the other future. In Revelation, the two halves are both presented.

You have argued incessantly for the Davidic Covenant, but you only have you assigning a "this means that" interpretation. Other than you declaration that Dan 9:27 is the fulfillment or strengthening of the Davidic Covenant - nothing - in the Bible supports that directly. So you can continue to argue and I will continue to argue back because you have not convinced me at all. I still think you're wrong.

The desolation of the "house" is a prophetic utterance to the imminent destruction of the Temple. It does not make Jesus the abomination. His crucifixion was the karat of Dan 9:26, and it is only by the shedding of blood which "seals" the covenant Jesus made at the Last Supper.

So the only covenant Jesus made was at the Last Supper. Not at the beginning of His Ministry.
Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is not an abomination; that language is reserved in the Bible for idolatry.
There will be an abomination set up in the Temple, in the "Holy Place." That is done at the midpoint of the one 'seven.'
When this happens, two laws go into effect: this is what makes the Great Tribulation Jesus said happened after the midpoint of Mt 24:15 possible.
Once the abomination happens, "Mikael" arises: God responds. The first Marines of God's Army show up: the Two Witnesses.
Meanwhile the Elect are wise to the Man of Lawlessness now revealed.
When the Elect are just about to be eliminated because they don't follow the two onerous laws of Rev 13:15-17 - then the Day of the Lord comes.
Even then, the Jews will not receive Christ; that is reserved for the Day of Atonement after the one 'seven.'

Ray

Aug 8, 2011

Jesus is the only one who can fulfill all six actions of Daniel 9:24, yet it will be the ruler who will come who will force the one 'seven' with many. Nothing is confirmed. It's time to step out of the middle ages.

Jesus did not force anything. gabar is not always a wholesome affirmation, and it simply does not mean "confirm" as the word is commonly used today. Why such a poor translation of 400 years ago still affects so many must be in God's Will.

The one 'seven' is not split in half with one half being past and the other future. In Revelation, the two halves are both presented.

You have argued incessantly for the Davidic Covenant, but you only have you assigning a "this means that" interpretation. Other than you declaration that Dan 9:27 is the fulfillment or strengthening of the Davidic Covenant - nothing - in the Bible supports that directly. So you can continue to argue and I will continue to argue back because you have not convinced me at all. I still think you're wrong.

The desolation of the "house" is a prophetic utterance to the imminent destruction of the Temple. It does not make Jesus the abomination. His crucifixion was the karat of Dan 9:26, and it is only by the shedding of blood which "seals" the covenant Jesus made at the Last Supper.

So the only covenant Jesus made was at the Last Supper. Not at the beginning of His Ministry.
Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is not an abomination; that language is reserved in the Bible for idolatry.
There will be an abomination set up in the Temple, in the "Holy Place." That is done at the midpoint of the one 'seven.'
When this happens, two laws go into effect: this is what makes the Great Tribulation Jesus said happened after the midpoint of Mt 24:15 possible.
Once the abomination happens, "Mikael" arises: God responds. The first Marines of God's Army show up: the Two Witnesses.
When the Elect are just about to be eliminated because they don't follow the two onerous laws of Rev 13:15-17 - then the Day of the Lord comes.
Even then, the Jews will not receive Christ; that is reserved for the Day of Atonement after the one 'seven.'

Tele,
I wrote nothing of the "Davidic Covenant" that was another poster.

I agree that JESUS did not "force" a Covenant on anyone.

Yet JESUS did make the "New Covenant" strong by the shedding of HIS Blood at Calvery ,as a Covenant is without "strength" while the Covenant maker lives.

King James Version (KJV)

JESUS spoke to HIS Apostles of this Blood that was to be shed in the "strengthning" of this " New Covenant".

King James Version (KJV)

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Ray, the lower half of the post was in direct response to Retrobyter.

Jesus did not make the New Covenant "strong" by shedding His Blood. That's stretching the language to make it say what you want it to say.

The truth is that Jesus' first Advent does not fit Dan 9:27.
If the only covenant Jesus made was at the end of His Ministry, then the Covenant "forced" with many did not start His Ministry. Jesus' Ministry is not the first half of the one 'seven.' What you are proposing is not logical on any level.

Jesus laid down His Life. He did not do this by strength or might, especially military might. Jesus' act was the utmost test of the Servant Messiah: to surrender to death at the hands of His oppressors in the most barbaric and humiliating form of execution possible. Here you have the Son of God, the most powerful man on the face of the earth willingly allowing Himself to be nailed to a wooden cross and executed - but Jesus did not die by execution! He GAVE UP His Life when His Work was done.

This flies in the face of any possible definition of gabar.

I may never convince you of your error. However, you will never convince me that you're right. I will continue to rebut any notion that Jesus forced a covenant with many at all. We willingly come to Christ. We accept Christ when we believe. Jesus does not force Salvation on anyone. It is a free gift, but we have to receive it to have eternal life.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
This limited 7 years you all talking about is referring to Gabriele's original message 70 weeks are determined for you "the blood descendents of Jacob" Those charged with the delivering of Gods message of salvation

Mark 1:15 signals the beginning of the 70th week.
Both Paul and Peter received the message that now the message was to go to the gentiles after the stoning of Stephen,
This fulfilled the promise that salvation was of the Jews and it was exclusively presented to the Jews for 7 years. Just as Gabriel said, Matthew 18:21-22
The ending of the sacrifices on the wing of abomination was the rejection of Christ by the Pharisees, In Matthew 23:37-39 Jesus clearly told them, your house is left to you desolate" Until what?? Until they turn to Him. God delived His promise to them and they rejected it "as a nation" the leadership rejected Him.

I'm left to wonder If a new temple were to be built as many of you believe, how could God ever honor it? Such a proposition would again be rejecting Christ.
Just as they rejected Christ as He stood before them and they paid the price. Now I don't teach Jewish anti semitism, I teach Christ crucified and that alone.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rex, Your words: "I'm left to wonder If a new temple were to be built as many of you believe, how could God ever honor it? Such a proposition would again be rejecting Christ."

You're right of course, that God would not honor them but Israel as a nation won't realize that until they see those sacrifices not working and the time of Jacob's Trouble comes upon them, followed by the abomination of desolation, the statue of himself, the a/c erects in a "wing of the temple".

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I understand what your saying. Your saying that all Israel will be saved, the blood decedents, that God still owes salvation to the decedents of Abraham and Jacob.
Thats not what Christ or Paul or John the baptist taught.
Gal 3:16

Matthew 3:9

[sup]21 [/sup]Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. [sup]22 [/sup]And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
[sup]23 [/sup]But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”
[sup]24 [/sup]But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
[sup]25 [/sup]Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
[sup]26 [/sup]But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.” Children of Jacob
[sup]27 [/sup]And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
[sup]28 [/sup]Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

As you can see, misunderstanding Daniel 9:27 leads to a misunderstanding of the NT message.
It is so very important.

I say again, it is "Thee" critical key to properly understanding the NT

Why is it that we have threads like.
Did Jesus and Paul teach the same message?

I tell you they did, Jesus fulfilled the promise to Israel, Paul divered the same message to the Gentiles.
The Mosses called by God if you will. That was Paul.

Ray

Aug 8, 2011

Jesus did not make the New Covenant "strong" by shedding His Blood. That's stretching the language to make it say what you want it to say.

If the only covenant Jesus made was at the end of His Ministry, then the Covenant "forced" with many did not start His Ministry. Jesus' Ministry is not the first half of the one 'seven.' What you are proposing is not logical on any level.

Jesus laid down His Life. He did not do this by strength or might, especially military might. Jesus' act was the utmost test of the Servant Messiah: to surrender to death at the hands of His oppressors in the most barbaric and humiliating form of execution possible. Here you have the Son of God, the most powerful man on the face of the earth willingly allowing Himself to be nailed to a wooden cross and executed - but Jesus did not die by execution! He GAVE UP His Life when His Work was done.

I may never convince you of your error. However, you will never convince me that you're right. I will continue to rebut any notion that Jesus forced a covenant with many at all. We willingly come to Christ. We accept Christ when we believe. Jesus does not force Salvation on anyone. It is a free gift, but we have to receive it to have eternal life.

Tele,

Why do you speak as if I said JESUS "forced" the New Covenant on anyone ?

JESUS made the New Covenant "strong" or HE "strenghtened" (gabar) the New Covenant by HIS death Because :

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, teleiosis.

Okay, let's take this step-by-step because you are WAY off base! (You're AWOL!)

Oh, get off the "forced" kick! "Gavar" is NOT being used that way in this context! The direct object is the "covenant," "b-riyt!" It is NOT "rabiym," the "many!" Furthermore, the prepositional prefix, "laa-," is usually translated "to" or "for," but not "with." "With" is the translation for the stand-alone preposition, "lam," and occasionally for the inseparable prefix preposition "b-," which is usually translated as "in." He "STRENGTHENS (the PRIMARY meaning of 'gavar') the promise (covenant) TO the many" or "FOR the many!" It is most certainly not "against" the many or "on" the many or "upon" the many, which would use the preposition, "al!" If that was the meaning here, "AL" would CERTAINLY have been used, but "AL" ISN'T THERE! The phrase is simply, "V-higbiyr b-riyt laa-rabiym shaavuwa` echaad." "And-he-shall-strengthen a-covenant to-many Seven one."

The one 'seven' is not split in half with one half being past and the other future.
In Revelation, the two halves are both presented.

Actually, that is your INTERPRETATION of Revelation that shows the two halves being both presented! The "two halves" could simply be the ONE HALF with different perspectives! Again, the "time, times, and half a time," the "42 months," and the "1,260 days" are THREE DIFFERENT TIME PERIODS!!! They are NOT equal! Assuming (as you do, too) that the "time" (Hebrew: mow`eed, based on Daniel 12:7, which is quoted in Revelation 12:14) is a yearly CYCLE, the Jewish solar year based on agricultural considerations, we are talking about a true year of 365.2422 days/year: 365.2422 x 3.5 = 1,278.3477 days. "Forty-two months" uses the lunar cycle, the Jewish lunar month, of approximately 29.5 days/month: 29.5 x 42 = 1,239 days, and neither of these is equal to 1,260 days! The first one is 18.3477 days more, and the second is 21 days less!

Furthermore, what do YOU use to justify separating the 70th Seven from the other 69 Sevens? At least I have Matthew 23:37-39, where Yeshua` uses Dani'el 9:27's "he shall make it desolate" to show a split! You're just ASSUMING that there's a split between the 69th and the 70th Sevens! Where's YOUR justification? If I didn't have Matthew 23:37-39, I'd be FORCED to go with the preterist's interpretation where the 70 Sevens are not divided at all!

Suit yourself, but the Davidic Covenant is the only covenant that makes sense, and the whole gist of the Gospels is that Yeshua` came to be their KING, the "KING OF THE JEWS!" That's how He was presented, how He presented Himself, and that's the ONE ARGUMENT that ties all of the contexts of each Gospel together! It is the very THEME for Matthew, in particular! And, what else would explain Yeshua`s assumption of the Jews familiarity of what the "gospel of the Kingdom" was as early as Mark 1:14-15, at a point in time immediately after Yochanan the Immerser (John the Baptist) was put in prison? That's WAY early in His 3.5-year ministry! Who (at that point in time) knew ANYTHING about the "death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ," as so many claim is the definition of "gospel"? NOBODY, that's who!!! Even if they had accepted Him as the Messiah of God who was destined to be their eternal King, they would say, "The King has to DIE?! NO WAY!" And, "'Resurrection?' What's that?"

Furthermore, the Messiah Yeshua` didn't have to MAKE the covenant or shed blood for it; that was ALREADY DONE! It was a covenant that GOD made with DAVID, an irrevokable, unconditional covenant that was STILL IN EFFECT when Yeshua` came on the scene in the first century A.D. (Latin: Anno Dominum = "In-[the]-year of-[the]-Lord," who IS Yeshua` the Messiah, so it's a little redundant at this point), and it is STILL in effect TODAY! It is an EVERLASTING COVENANT! It was just Yeshua`s time to "pick up the ball and run with it!" He HAS the ball, and He's KEEPING IT FOREVER! When He left the earth, HE TOOK IT WITH HIM! He jumped up and took it way out of the reach of anyone who might like to take it from Him (Ephesians 1:21)! When He returns, He will come back down WITH THE BALL and SCORE THE WINNING TOUCHDOWN, establishing His Kingdom forever (Luke 19:15)!

Now, you're just being insulting and infuriating! I have NEVER made "Jesus the abomination!" Those have always been YOUR words (and SHAME ON YOU)!

The "desolation of the house" in Matthew 23:38 is not just the "destruction of the Temple" (a house), but the shelving of the "HOUSEHOLD" of Isra'el (all twelve or thirteen tribes, btw), the FAMILY! Yeshua` left THEM desolate because of THEIR abominations! (Didn't I say that before? I KNOW I've said that before! Maybe veteran just missed it! But, how could he have missed it? I've been saying it ALL ALONG! How come he doesn't get it? Maybe it's because he just doesn't WANT to get it. But, why WOULDN'T he want to get it; it's part of learning to understand someone! Maybe,...)

I actually agree with you about Yeshua` making the New Covenant with His disciples based on the "death of the Testator." The author of the book of Hebrews makes that plain (Hebrews 9:11-16). That IS the ONE Covenant that He truly did MAKE with His own blood! But, that's not what we're talking about here! It's a different covenant for a different need.

There will be an abomination set up in the Temple, in the "Holy Place."
That is done at the midpoint of the one 'seven.'

Perhaps, but one cannot get that tenet from Dani'el 9:24-27! He must go somewhere else, like 2 Thessalonians or Revelation.

This is just ALL screwed up! First of all, in Matthew 24:15, Yeshua` is NOT EVEN saying that He is talking about the "midpoint" of the 70th Seven! While He DOES make mention of the prophecy of Dani'el 9, you've got His point ALL WRONG! It is not the abomination that causes the desolation; it's the desolation that causes the abomination - the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D.! Yeshua` having left them desolate, they no longer have the Sh'kinah (the Presence) of God in the Temple and they once again had to write over the door posts, "Iy-Kaavowd" (Ichabod), the "(there is) No Glory!" This is simply seen by a comparison between Matthew and Mark with Luke's account of the Olivet Discourse!

Matthew 24:15-21
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
KJV

Mark 13:14-19
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
KJV

Luke 21:20-24
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
KJV

The things that the survivors are told to do make no sense in today's warfare, but it DID make sense in the first century!

"Don't stop for anything or go back for anything; just take the Road of the Rooftops, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, and get out of the city walls! Don't stop in the fields outside the city walls, but flee to the mountains! If you're a pregnant woman or a nursing woman, too bad for you; you will probably be caught by the enemies because you'll be too slow! If anyone IS caught, they will either die by the edge of the sword or they will be led away captive into the other nations of the Roman Empire! And, pray to God that your escape will not have to be in the winter or on the Shabbat, both of which will hinder your escape that much more!"

The events of Revelation 13:15-17, which are still in the future, are NOT CONNECTED to Matthew 24:15 at all!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rex, I'm assuming that post # 17 was directed at me. Your words: "I understand what your saying. Your saying that all Israel will be saved, the blood decendents, that God still owes salvation to the decendents of Abraham and Jacob."

No, that is not what I'm saying at all. God still owes land promises to the descendants of Israel. God always leaves for Himself a righteous remnant among Israel. They will be the 144,000 plus. God doesn't "owe" them salvation, they will achieve it by coming to the knowledge of the truth of the Messiah. The phrase "all of Israel will be saved" is always misunderstood, imo. What this means is that after the time of Jacob's trouble and after the sheep and goat judgment of Matt. 25, all that's left of Israel will be saved, which will be pretty small percentage wise, imo.

Hi Retro, I would respond to your post because I think you're mistaken in many areas, but it's so long I don't have the time. I am working on a response for this post that starts from scratch, so to speak, so I'll probably address many of those issues there. Perhaps you could answer a question for me though. In vs. 27 the phrase, "the covenant" is used. Could this be a translation problem? Would "a" covenant" work in the wording? I think the answer to this may resolve several questions. Sometimes a little word can make a big difference.